So PROUD of my daughter... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So PROUD of my daughter...

kcb
04-15-2012, 17:38
She just gave us a wonderful gift for our 33rd Wedding Anniversary this weekend...our youngest daughter, Laura,
is getting her first degree....Magna Cum Laude...walking on April 27, 2012.

She told us last week that she received a scholarship for her next stretch towards her next degree.

I remember when she was in about fifth grade, when she asked me what would happen if she EVER made a "B" on her report card. :) Well, she went through a "rebellious stage" and she found out.

But "raise a child in the way that she should go, and she shall not depart from it". Those words have been true. Her rebellion will not be permanent. :angel:

Keep her and her husband in your prayers that they may continue in their successful journey thus far!

My hubby and I were listening to this song when we received her wonderful news! Amazingly appropriate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ&ob=av2n

dango
04-15-2012, 18:49
Congrats , 33 years , that's a long time , must have found a good one and your daughter , It always brings a tear of pride to my eye every time . You have done well , from parenting to being a husband , good for you and nothing but the best of wishes to you and your's.

kcb
04-15-2012, 19:04
Congrats , 33 years , that's a long time , must have found a good one and your daughter , It always brings a tear of pride to my eye every time . You have done well , from parenting to being a husband , good for you and nothing but the best of wishes to you and your's.

:) Thank you so much. However, in this equation, I am the wife...not the husband. :) My husband...is amazing. I have been very blessed!

Still, It's been a great 33 years with two beautiful daughters and two nice son-in-laws to be thankful for.

LOL...when I shared your post with my hubby, he said I've been a GREAT husband! :rofl:
I'm the blond with shoulder length hair with sunglasses. He's the one with the beard and baseball cap! :supergrin: We both are sporting leather jackets! :cool:

smith10
04-15-2012, 19:26
Congratulations there mighty Mrs K!!!!!!!

kcb
04-15-2012, 19:39
Congratulations there mighty Mrs K!!!!!!!

Thank you smith! We give ALL the Glory to God! When our daughters were born, we totally dedicated them to him!

Without his grace and presence....I don't know what might have happened.

There have been moments we questioned....but God has been faithful....

We pray for his continuing guidance and presence in Laura and Chris' life as they continue their education...and wherever God leads them.

This is SUCH a difficult time for young couples to begin their lives together.

:angel:

kcb
04-15-2012, 19:47
One of my best friends sang this song at our wedding 33 years and one day ago today...

We changed the "I" to "we", etc....when she sang the song....

We have tried to live up to this over the past 33 years...

God is responsible for all the good things accomplished.

Our girls...are definitely one of the things he has done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZm9__sJL8

Things haven't always been perfect. God knows I alone have made plenty of mistakes, but He has been so good to us!

Batesmotel
04-15-2012, 19:47
Thats fantastic. It's a tough road for kids. I pray for mine every day. So far, so good.

kcb
04-15-2012, 20:05
Thats fantastic. It's a tough road for kids. I pray for mine every day. So far, so good.

Prayer is our best hope!

Things in our world today are so unpredictable. I would not want to be in my daughters position now for anything.

They have such a challenging road before them!

May God bless all of our children each and every moment of each and every day!

:angel:

69stingray
04-15-2012, 20:14
:wavey: Congratulations to both of you on your 33rd Anniversary and to your daughter. :cool:

OSSI
04-16-2012, 18:50
33 years good
Magna Cum Laude good

:) :) :)

CJStudent
04-16-2012, 19:54
Awesome!

Dinky
04-17-2012, 07:00
Sounds like it was a good weekend.....

kcb
04-20-2012, 17:34
:wavey: Congratulations to both of you on your 33rd Anniversary and to your daughter. :cool:

Thanks, Ray! :wavey:

33 years good
Magna Cum Laude good

: )

We thought so, too, Ossi! Thanks! :wavey:

Sounds like it was a good weekend.....

It really was! Tomorrow, if we aren't struck with the horrible weather they are predicting, Laura wants me to go shopping to help her "pick out a dress" for graduation. (I know what the translation of that means!;) ) Next weekend will be Laura's weekend!

Cobra6
04-21-2012, 21:03
You are truly blessed - this day in time 33 years together and wonderful kids are a rare blessing.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you.

kcb
04-26-2012, 15:01
You are truly blessed - this day in time 33 years together and wonderful kids are a rare blessing.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you.

Thank you for your kind comment!

Yes, we are! Our 33 years together have been good...with many blessings. We've had our share of challenges, but God has seen us through every time.

Our daughters have brought mostly joy and great love to our lives. The teen years were on the challenging side, but they returned to the sweet souls they were raised to be.

Tomorrow is the Big (first) Graduation Day for Laura. Hubby and I are leaving work around noonish, to get ready and head to the North Orlando Area for the festivities and graduation tomorrow evening!

I'm so happy for her. She set this goal for herself. She received a great scholarship for the final leg of this part of her education, and has an even higher goal for herself.

She is very driven. She always has been.

God is so good! :)

TSAX
04-26-2012, 17:12
Congrats, I hope we make it that long

:50cal:

Silent_Runner
04-27-2012, 10:19
Congratulations on such an achievement!