The Media That Ignored Obama’s Beliefs Goes After Mitt’s Mormonism [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Media That Ignored Obama’s Beliefs Goes After Mitt’s Mormonism

snerd
04-16-2012, 08:50
I guess when you have no authority to answer to, you can get away with most anything.
When common folks discovered Reverend Jeremiah Wright’s religious views were racist, Marxist and nuttier than a squirrel’s turd, some rightly wondered if BHO also believed this bogus smack, and if not, why he would sit for twenty years listening to those race-baiting beliefs if he fundamentally and radically disagreed. Why, they wondered, did he not vehemently condemn this cuckoo stuff?

The media, however, decided for us cattle that Reverend Wright’s racially-charged sermons, his black liberation theology and the fact that Obama sat for two decades under this slow drip of heresy wasn’t newsworthy and bypassed those tasty morsels. Instead, they crucified anyone who dared question Obama’s affiliation with his class warfare junkie Jeremiah (who was swiftly tossed under BHO’s campaign bus).

Fast-forward to 2012 and Mitt Romney and his religion.

The same media that ignored information about Obama’s racist religious roots steeped in Marxism is already queuing up with queries about Romney’s Mormonism as somehow being weird and a tad white (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/04/10/it-begins-msnbc-investigates-mitt-romneys-mormonism-and-how-it-deals). MSNBC led the charge this past week wondering aloud if and when Mitt would rebuke Mormonism’s disallowance of blacks into the Mormon priesthood until 1978. The duplicitous journalists who saw no story in the well-documented anti-honky rhetoric of Wright’s/Obama’s “religion” now want to paint Romney with the racist brush? How convenient.

http://townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/2012/04/15/the_media_that_ignored_obamas_beliefs_goes_after_mitts_mormonism/page/full/

Brucev
04-16-2012, 09:37
Surprised. Not that the msm would target the personal religious beliefs of Romney. But that anyone would consider that the squatter believes in anything at all. The very phrase "beliefs of the squatter" is an oxymoron.

robertoh
04-16-2012, 09:55
And it's the same Media that ignored Vetting Obama in 08 that gave Sarah Palin an almost Anal exam.

nmk
04-16-2012, 10:05
I guess when you have no authority to answer to, you can get away with most anything.

I just read through the transcript of the exchange. What the hell are you talking about? That is one low-key interview that doesn't attack Romney at all. Are there more?

snerd
04-16-2012, 10:08
I just read through the transcript of the exchange. What the hell are you talking about? That is one low-key interview that doesn't attack Romney at all. Are there more?
Did you even read the thread title? Why all of the questions from Andrea about Mitt's faith, when she (or no one else) asked "none" about Obama's?

nmk
04-16-2012, 10:31
Did you even read the thread title? Why all of the questions from Andrea about Mitt's faith, when she (or no one else) asked "none" about Obama's?

Because Obama's isn't interesting (if you go by what he says). It's not new. What was new was his skin color. We've never had a Mormon president. That's going to be a hot topic. Just because it's being discussed doesn't mean Romney is being attacked. I'm sure he will be attacked by some in the media for it, but no real evidence was presented in your OP. It just reads like you're playing the victim card.

Yes, I read the thread title. At best, it's an unsupported statement.

snerd
04-16-2012, 10:34
Because Obama's isn't interesting.....
Oh, it's "very" interesting. The media decided for you that it wasn't. That's the point. No victim card here, just pointing out hypocrisy and double-standards.

sbhaven
04-16-2012, 11:11
Because Obama's isn't interesting (if you go by what he says). It's not new. What was new was his skin color. We've never had a Mormon president. That's going to be a hot topic.

I don't think we ever had a president before Obama who sat in a church and listened to a minister, for 20+ years, espouse Black Liberation Theology, who was married by that minister, and had his kids baptised by that same minster either...

Obama's religious faith is not questioned by the MSM, Romney's is. There is rare mention outside of Fox News and conservative circles of Obama's religious beliefs and how radical or different from the norm they might be. Yet the MSM routinely mention Romney's Mormon faith in an effort to call into question how effective Romney might be as President.
:dunno: