Thanks to Obamacare, Law Student Can 'Devote Her Career' to Social Justice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Obamacare, Law Student Can 'Devote Her Career' to Social Justice

snerd
04-16-2012, 09:13
There's that phrase again, social justice. I don't recall ever seeing that phrase in the Constitution, any of the founding documents, or in any description of the government's role.
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said on Thursday that Obamacare had made it possible for a 25-year-old law student to devote her career to working on social justice issues instead of working for a big law firm.

At Rev. Al Sharptonís 14th annual NAN conference, Sebelius touted the Administrationís health care overhaul, which she also said was responsible for helping close racial and ethnic health gaps in the country.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sebelius-thanks-obamacare-law-student-can-devote-her-career-social-justice

Brucev
04-16-2012, 09:45
Can't think of why any lawyer should be subsidized by the tax payer for any reason at all.

Sam Spade
04-16-2012, 15:56
Can't think of why any lawyer should be subsidized by the tax payer for any reason at all.

Well, it helps if the prosecutor has a law degree...and probably judges. :cool:

Ruble Noon
04-16-2012, 16:03
Well, it helps if the prosecutor has a law degree...and probably judges. :cool:

I don't think Judge Roy Bean had a law degree.

Sam Spade
04-16-2012, 19:05
I don't think Judge Roy Bean had a law degree.

I did say "probably" WRT judges. ;)