CO delegate success more evidence Paul will challenge Romney in Tampa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CO delegate success more evidence Paul will challenge Romney in Tampa

G19G20
04-16-2012, 15:27
For those doubting the effectiveness of the Ron Paul delegate strategy and how that will effect the RNC.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/apr/15/colorado-further-evidence-ron-paul-will-challenge-/

Colorado completed its state convention yesterday. Under the headline, “Romney lost Colo. caucuses, gets most delegates,” Real Clear Politics reported (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2012/Apr/14/romney_lost_colo__caucuses__gets_most_delegates.html) the results this way.

“GOP has chosen 13 Romney delegates and six Santorum delegates. The remaining 17 delegates are unpledged, meaning they are free to choose any Republican candidate for president.”

That’s technically accurate, but it begs a question from anyone even minimally curious: Who do those 17 unpledged delegates support? Are they undecided, or do they intend to vote for a specific candidate at the Republican National Convention (RNC)?

According to the Real Clear article, “Many would-be delegates criticized Romney, and some dejected Santorum fans teamed with Ron Paul supporters to push what they called a 'Conservative Unity Slate' to look for a non-Romney presidential candidate.”

That is also technically accurate, but misleading. Not only did Paul and Santorum supporters “push” the Conservative Unity Slate, they got its delegates elected to go to the RNC.

Todd King of Lewis, Colorado is one of the elected delegates from that slate. King is a Ron Paul supporter and will vote for Paul for president on the first ballot in Tampa. I asked him how the 17 unpledged delegates break down. This is his statement.

“13 unpledged delegates, including me, will vote for Ron Paul on the first ballot. One unpledged delegate will vote for Santorum. The remaining three unpledged delegates, also known as the 'delegates at large,' are the state GOP Chairman, the state GOP National Committeman and the National Committeewoman. Those three will likely vote for Romney. They usually vote for the frontrunner so as not to make waves.” more at link

Similar successes have occurred in MO, MN, and other states so far. Paul's delegate strategy is working.

G29Reload
04-16-2012, 15:31
Paul's delegate strategy is working.

No, its not.

A delegate strategy involves winning them in a plurality in an election. This has never happened for RP, and never will because he lacks sufficient support and is unelectable as a result.

Romney has easily 10 times the delegates. That proportion will only increase.

If RP behaves they might let him add a platform plank or speak at the convention.

Anything else is a pipe dream, no matter how many desperate posts you make otherwise.

G19G20
04-16-2012, 15:39
It's ok G29Reload, just ignore the article and make up whatever narrative fits your preconceived notions.

Goaltender66
04-16-2012, 16:48
So by your own count:

Romney: 13 pledged + 3 Uncommitted = 16.

Santorum: 6 pledged + 1 unpledged = 7.

Paul: 0 pledged + 13 unpledged = 13.

In other words, your own story demonstrates that Paul does not have a plurality in CO and therefore cannot use CO as support to get on the first round ballot.

Meanwhile, the hard count for Romney (including CO) is 550 delegates. Paul has 26.

The only thing "working" is the spin machine trying to keep Paul relevant.

G19G20
04-16-2012, 17:00
So by your own count:

Romney: 13 pledged + 3 Uncommitted = 16.

Santorum: 6 pledged + 1 unpledged = 7.

Paul: 0 pledged + 13 unpledged = 13.

In other words, your own story demonstrates that Paul does not have a plurality in CO and therefore cannot use CO as support to get on the first round ballot.

Meanwhile, the hard count for Romney (including CO) is 550 delegates. Paul has 26.

The only thing "working" is the spin machine trying to keep Paul relevant.

We don't plan for a first round ballot. We know that's unrealistic. We're working for a brokered convention.

Those 13 unpledged are the ones that can keep Romney from his magic number and make way for the brokered convention. Then rule 40b goes out the window. If this trend continues (yes, I recognize that some states apportion delegates differently), then Romney barely enters the convention with more delegates than Paul! That's not a winning formula for Romney no matter how you slice it. Also, what this convention also shows is that Romney can be beaten by the Paul/Santorum coalition that appears to be slowly forming. Second ballot unbinds all those delegates to vote for whoever they wish. No one said the 13 pledged to Romney are actually Romney supporters ;)
Im reading a lot of reports of social conservatives that just can't bring themselves to support Romney now that Santo is out.

ChuteTheMall
04-16-2012, 17:03
Why are Ronulans so delusional?:tinfoil:

There is absolutely no possibility that Ron Paul will ever become President.

That is a fact.

:deadhorse:

Goaltender66
04-16-2012, 17:09
We don't plan for a first round ballot. We know that's unrealistic. We're working for a brokered convention.

Those 13 unpledged are the ones that can keep Romney from his magic number and make way for the brokered convention. Then rule 40b goes out the window. If this trend continues (yes, I recognize that some states apportion delegates differently), then Romney barely enters the convention with more delegates than Paul! That's not a winning formula for Romney no matter how you slice it. Also, what this convention also shows is that Romney can be beaten by the Paul/Santorum coalition that appears to be slowly forming. Second ballot unbinds all those delegates to vote for whoever they wish. No one said the 13 pledged to Romney are actually Romney supporters ;)
Im reading a lot of reports of social conservatives that just can't bring themselves to support Romney now that Santo is out.

Wishing for a brokered convention is just as if not more unrealistic.

You also lost all claim to credibility when you try to sell the idea that Romney will enter the convention with barely more delegates than Paul.

So no, the goofy-tooth delegate "strategy" isn't working at all. Sorry, but those are the breaks. Paul had his chance and he failed.

Also, I'm laughing at you trying to sell the "Paul/Santorum Coalition." :rofl:

ETA: you'd also better study up on your state rules. Not all states unbind delegates after the first vote....

G19G20
04-16-2012, 17:16
I did say that some states apportion delegates differently. It doesn't change the fact that Paul supporters are running for, and winning, delegate spots everywhere and in numbers that even you must admit is impressive. If you're as up on this stuff as you lead on then you're aware of similar successes in other parts of the country. With more to come....

For giggles, wouldn't it be a hoot if even if Romney were to hit 1144 bound that many of his own bound delegates are Paul supporters? This will be an RNC for the ages.

Goaltender66
04-16-2012, 17:23
I did say that some states apportion delegates differently. It doesn't change the fact that Paul supporters are running for, and winning, delegate spots everywhere and in numbers that even you must admit is impressive. If you're as up on this stuff as you lead on then you're aware of similar successes in other parts of the country. With more to come....

For giggles, wouldn't it be a hoot if even if Romney were to hit 1144 bound that many of his own bound delegates are Paul supporters? This will be an RNC for the ages.

26 delegates is impressive?!

I'm pretty up on it and that's why I'm ridiculing the "delegate strategy." They actually are not "winning everywhere."

G19G20
04-16-2012, 19:22
26 delegates is impressive?!

I'm pretty up on it and that's why I'm ridiculing the "delegate strategy." They actually are not "winning everywhere."

Only a few states have selected RNC delegates so far so 26 is pretty damn good already (assuming that number is correct, I havent done the math). Don't tell me that you're buying into the AP's propaganda "delegate tracker" too?

Gunnut 45/454
04-16-2012, 20:19
G19G20
And when you don't get your brokered convention? Then what a third party run so Obamamoa get his second term? With RP still not getting to be POTUS? Please do tell us what if this is the case, are you willing to aid and abed the re-election of the criminal Obamamoa!!:steamed:

juggy4711
04-16-2012, 21:04
Paul isn't going to be the nominee because he would cost too many folks too much money and I accept that. Still won't vote for Romney.

G29Reload
04-16-2012, 23:12
It's ok G29Reload, just ignore the article and make up whatever narrative fits your preconceived notions.

I can't be bothered reading such fantasy. Yer chewin on a wish sandwich boy. And you got another thing coming. Reality is gonna leave you with such a hangover and you will be wondering, "how could I have been such a ….?"

G29Reload
04-16-2012, 23:15
G19G20
And when you don't get your brokered convention? Then what a third party run so Obamamoa get his second term? With RP still not getting to be POTUS? Please do tell us what if this is the case, are you willing to aid and abed the re-election of the criminal Obamamoa!!:steamed:

I can see Inauguration Day…15 mins before the swearing and he'll be posting "but Romney could drop dead of a heart attack…what will they do then? They won't have any choice but to send RP up there…it can still happen, I'm telling you! :rofl:

cowboywannabe
04-16-2012, 23:19
ron paul supporters wont be happy until obama wins his second term.

walt cowan
04-17-2012, 05:54
For those doubting the effectiveness of the Ron Paul delegate strategy and how that will effect the RNC.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/apr/15/colorado-further-evidence-ron-paul-will-challenge-/

Similar successes have occurred in MO, MN, and other states so far. Paul's delegate strategy is working.

20, stop taunting the checkpants club members. :rofl::wavey:

Goaltender66
04-17-2012, 06:02
Only a few states have selected RNC delegates so far so 26 is pretty damn good already (assuming that number is correct, I havent done the math). Don't tell me that you're buying into the AP's propaganda "delegate tracker" too?

26 isn't from the AP tracker. It's the hard count direct from the states which have already formally pledged or otherwise allocated bound delegates. The AP says 55. Using their methodology Romney has 684. I'm using the hard formal number (Romney = 550) to demonstrate that even using the formal bound number, the goofy-tooth "delegate strategy" is founded in fantasy.

As for "only a few states," that's not true either.

So when there is no brokered convention and Romney wins on the first ballot, is that when the Ronulans will start with the conspiracy theories?

G19G20
04-17-2012, 11:32
I can't be bothered reading such fantasy. Yer chewin on a wish sandwich boy. And you got another thing coming. Reality is gonna leave you with such a hangover and you will be wondering, "how could I have been such a ….?"

At least you admit you live in your own constructed reality where the facts don't matter.

The rest of you are in for quite a surprise come Tampa time.

Gundude
04-17-2012, 17:01
I can see Inauguration Day…15 mins before the swearing and he'll be posting "but Romney could drop dead of a heart attack…what will they do then? They won't have any choice but to send RP up there…it can still happen, I'm telling you! :rofl:You're assuming Romney will have any official part in Inauguration Day while accusing somebody else of chewing on a wish sandwich?

What do you honestly rate Romney's chances of winning? InTrade has Obama at around 61%, up about a percentage point in the last couple of weeks. If I didn't have an aversion to trusting my money to offshore gambling companies, I'd be all over that bet (although I'd wait for a dip when the lemmings overreact to some high-profile news story). Would you be on the other side of that bet?

G19G20
04-18-2012, 10:48
Here's more. Paul sweeping more delegates, this time in Minnesota.

http://www.knuj.net/2012/04/ron-paul-winning-mn/

Mitt Romney may be the supposed frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination – but he’s not the most popular GOP candidate in Minnesota. Texas Congressman Ron Paul swept the 3rd, 5th and 6th Congressional District conventions over the weekend. Paul landed nine of nine state delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. Paul also won one delegate in Minnesota’s 7th District March 31st while Rick Santorum picked up two. The four remaining districts will chose their delegates and alternates this weekend.
moreatlink

G29Reload
04-18-2012, 12:47
What do you honestly rate Romney's chances of winning? InTrade has Obama at

His chances? Better than even.

Never heard of InTrade.

Have heard of Gallup, which had Romney ahead of Obama last week.

Its either Gallup, Rasmussen or Marist College, when they survey LIKELY VOTERS.

G29Reload
04-18-2012, 12:52
Here's more. Paul sweeping more delegates, this time in Minnesota.

http://www.knuj.net/2012/04/ron-paul-winning-mn/

Fail.

Current delegate count:

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates

684 - 60.

No telling how many have abanadoned Newt and Santo and jumped on the Romney bandwagon.

RP does not have prayer of winning…anything.

Goaltender66
04-18-2012, 13:12
Fail.

Current delegate count:

684 - 60.

No telling how many have abanadoned Newt and Santo and jumped on the Romney bandwagon.

Shhh...don't mention the super secret moles getting elected as Paul delegates who will then turn around and vote Romney at the convention. :whistling:

G19G20
04-18-2012, 13:52
Shhh...don't mention the super secret moles getting elected as Paul delegates who will then turn around and vote Romney at the convention. :whistling:

This is going to be another long Paul thread when it's all said and done.

People don't run as Paul delegates then vote for Romney. Hmm...well actually I do remember some Paul delegates from 2008 that were threatened with bodily harm by the white star hat operatives at the RNC if they didn't fall in line and vote for McCain. So hey maybe you have a point. Authoritarians do tend to use force against peaceful people to get what they want. I can't wait to see the riot that breaks out if that happens this time around though.

Stubudd
04-18-2012, 14:07
Fail.

Current delegate count:

684 - 60.

:rofl:

John Rambo
04-18-2012, 14:21
Ron Paul got 7% of the votes in this state. Which is impressive for a third party candidate rallying AGAINST the GOP in Florida. Very impressive. He deserves a lot of credit for that, and is obviously a very good candidate for president.

But its still not anywhere near enough for a win. He has 0 chance.

G19G20
04-18-2012, 14:23
Odd how G29Reload trots out propaganda from AP and NYT, the same leftist media yall love to complain about but suddenly believe as gospel now.

If you actually believe Paul's delegate total is 60 then he's already about to eclipse that entire number in only a few states that have elected RNC delegates so far.

Stubudd
04-18-2012, 14:45

Fail.

Current delegate count:

684 - 60.

No, its not.

A delegate strategy involves winning them in a plurality in an election. This has never happened for RP, and never will because he lacks sufficient support and is unelectable as a result.

Romney has easily 10 times the delegates. That proportion will only increase.

If RP behaves they might let him add a platform plank or speak at the convention.

Anything else is a pipe dream, no matter how many desperate posts you make otherwise.

nice comedy bit

You have not a clue. Really, you have no clue. Reference the AP farce estimate again, it makes me laugh when you do that.

Nobody thinks RP is going to win, we're just hoping to keep it from being a romney coronation. If you weren't a statist you'd be cheering us on instead of yuk yukking over the AP's estimate, when the truth is not a human on earth knows the count- it's not possible to know at this point.

Stubudd
04-18-2012, 14:46
26 isn't from the AP tracker. It's the hard count direct from the states which have already formally pledged or otherwise allocated bound delegates. The AP says 55. Using their methodology Romney has 684. I'm using the hard formal number (Romney = 550) to demonstrate that even using the formal bound number, the goofy-tooth "delegate strategy" is founded in fantasy.

As for "only a few states," that's not true either.

So when there is no brokered convention and Romney wins on the first ballot, is that when the Ronulans will start with the conspiracy theories?

Stubudd
04-18-2012, 14:53
"They're going to be feisty and they're going to fight," said Craig Robinson, a former state GOP official who now writes a popular state politics blog, The Iowa Republican.

"I think that Santorum will get the delegates he should get but I think Ron Paul will get way more delegates than he should get," Robinson said, adding that he worries that Paul could potentially give Iowa a black eye by winning the most delegates.

The winner of Iowa's caucuses has already changed once, after the state Republican Party announced Santorum the winner three weeks after saying Romney had won the night of the caucuses.It would be terrible for Iowa if you had Romney the winner on caucus day, three weeks later Santorum, and then three months later Ron Paul," Robinson said

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/rick-santorum-ron-paul-iowa-delegates_n_1347743.html

Stubudd
04-18-2012, 14:59
from the same article-

Rep. Paul (R-Texas) is currently estimated by The Associated Press to have zero delegates in Iowa. The AP numbers give former Sen. Santorum (R-Pa.) 13 delegates and former Massachusetts Gov. Romney 12. But Iowa Republican operatives scoffed at the AP figure.

"Can I just be bold and tell you that they don't know what they're talking about," Steve Scheffler, one of the state's three Republican National Committee members, told The Huffington Post. "Our delegates are not tied to the percentages of who got what in the straw poll."

"That's just not valid information at all," he reiterated. "That's just not correct information at all."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/rick-santorum-ron-paul-iowa-delegates_n_1347743.html

I've read accounts of similar things happening in other states. Nobody knows the count. The goal at this point is to not have a coronation. It is very possible. Hopefully it will happen, we'll see.

Mrs. Tink
04-18-2012, 15:08
I was at the CO state convention and did exactly what I told you all I was going to do when we discussed this several weeks ago. I don't have time right now but promise to write more. The Paul delegate strategy IS working... at least in Colorado. The "unpledged" delegates who stated they are for Paul will NEVER vote Romney. I actually know some of these people. It is really interesting once you get down and talk with real people that are delegates, instead of viewing them as "Paulbots" or "Robamneyites".

G19G20
04-18-2012, 15:55
I was at the CO state convention and did exactly what I told you all I was going to do when we discussed this several weeks ago. I don't have time right now but promise to write more. The Paul delegate strategy IS working... at least in Colorado. The "unpledged" delegates who stated they are for Paul will NEVER vote Romney. I actually know some of these people. It is really interesting once you get down and talk with real people that are delegates, instead of viewing them as "Paulbots" or "Robamneyites".

Kudos to you for being involved regardless of who you support for the nomination. It takes a whole lot more time, effort, personal dedication and money to be a delegate than just swinging by the local school or church for 5 minutes to vote on election day and then going home.

eta: I look forward to your expanded post in the near future.

G19G20
04-21-2012, 18:18
Im following district convention reports closely today:

Tons of Paul supporters across the country being elected to the RNC at the district conventions today. Some delegations were more successful than others but we won a whole bunch of nominations today overall! The state conventions will be a blast!

RCP
04-21-2012, 18:30

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

G29Reload
04-21-2012, 19:33
Odd how G29Reload trots out propaganda from AP and NYT, the same leftist media yall love to complain about but suddenly believe as gospel now.

Slow down, deluded one. It's a delegate count, not editorial content. And in this case, whatever popped up first on Google.

I saw it had a graphic so it would be easy for you to understand. :upeyes:

If you actually believe Paul's delegate total is 60 then he's already about to eclipse that entire number in only a few states that have elected RNC delegates so far.

Would you be willing to make a bet?

RP will not knock off Romney EVER, and he will not be President. If you have something the equivalent of a Les Baer Monolith Commanche, I'll bet you mine that he doesn't win.

Ruble Noon
04-22-2012, 09:31

CONFIRMED: Ron Paul WON Minnesota! - YouTube

G29Reload
04-22-2012, 13:54
CONFIRMED: Ron Paul WON Minnesota! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcHxdirCKk&feature=player_embedded)

This just in: RP supporters now approaching mental illness...

Fact check:

There are not 24 delegate in MN. There are 40.

The Breakdown:

Minnesota Feb 7
Romney 2
Santorum 17
Gingrich 1
Paul 9

Source: Real Clear Politics / public record.

So, to be clear to those of you watching Star Trek re-runs in your mother's basement: This means that RP LOST, garnering less than 23% of the delegates. In order to win, you need a majority, or over 50%. This unarguable fact is based on ARITHMETIC. So just who is this…"Arithmetic" and why does he hate Ron Paul?:rofl:

Fed Five Oh
04-22-2012, 15:04

A whole new term has been developed to describe the malady, it is known as rontarded.

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 15:54

Fact check:

The Breakdown:

Minnesota Feb 7
Romney 2
Santorum 17
Gingrich 1
Paul 9

So, to be clear to those of you watching Star Trek re-runs in your mother's basement: This means that RP LOST, garnering less than 23% of the delegates. In order to win, you need a majority, or over 50%. This unarguable fact is based on ARITHMETIC. So just who is this…"Arithmetic" and why does he hate Ron Paul?:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wish i could post QNman's avatar, that's what reading you guys' posts is like sometimes.

Only 24 have been decided, and 20 are Paul's, so he's very very likely going to win MN. The other 16 are decided some time in may or something. Is it just impossible for you to comprehend that the AP numbers or whatever else you've been looking at were estimates, not facts? That it's a process, and sometimes stuff changes? That wolf blitzer wasn't telling you the truth when he said "so and so just won MN and this many delegates". Is that just too much? You can't do it? Are you guys just rontarded or what?

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/e4bf3e4d085c4065b8b8333e5ff95571/MN--Minnesota-Senate-GOP/
"We're hearing that 40, maybe 45 percent of delegates, maybe more than that are going to be Ron Paul people," said Mike Osskopp, Bills' campaign manager. "It's going to be a significant number."

A spokeswoman for the Minnesota Republican Party said it was difficult to say how many Paul backers would be among the convention delegates and alternates, but their ascent has been the subject of much recent talk in party circles. Last weekend, Minnesota's Republican National Committeewoman Pat Anderson published several tweets about Paul backers "sweeping" delegate elections at several of last Saturday's district conventions.

"Ron Paul Libertarians took the Republicans out of the Minnesota Republican Party today," Katie Nadeau, a party activist, tweeted that day.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/04/ron-paul-wins-minnesota-colorado.html

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 16:05

public record, huh :supergrin:. you checked the public record of a process that isn't even finished until may, and has been changing all along, so that any public record but today's could be way off- maybe you're some kind of secret super genius that just already knows everything

you must be some kind of genius to have just mastered this process like you have. yell and laugh at everybody, then cite the public record. What a pure genius we have here

G19G20
04-22-2012, 16:05
I get the feeling that G29Reload and their type are trying to convince themselves that we're making this whole delegate thing up.

I know for a fact that Paul won no less than 4 of 12 RNC delegate slots in NC yesterday and that was the weakest showing of all the states holding district conventions yesterday. Other states elected way more Paul delegates.

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 16:07

Fact check:

The Breakdown:

Minnesota Feb 7
Romney 2
Santorum 17
Gingrich 1
Paul 9

A whole new term has been developed to describe the malady, it is known as rontarded.

Geniuses. Just pure raw brain horsepower here, i can hardly stand it. I'm taking notes on you guys' every post, just trying to get smarter.

All the CD conventions have concluded and Paul has won 20 out of the 24 delegate slots at stake and nearly all of the alternates. Given that the composition of the delegations to the state convention, which is set for May 4-5 in St. Cloud, is similar to that of the CD conventions, there is a very good chance Rep. Paul will come away with the lion's share of delegates from Minnesota.

The state convention will choose a slate of 13 at large delegates for the national convention which is in Tampa Aug. 27-30
http://www.piercecountyherald.com/event/article/id/44707/

G29Reload
04-22-2012, 20:06
Geniuses. Just pure raw brain horsepower here, i can hardly stand it. I'm taking notes on you guys' every post, just trying to get smarter.

I see. So, let me get this straight. You think by virtue of him coming in LAST in MN, that he will get most if not ALL of the remaining 11 uncommitted delegates in MN, sweeping him to victory and ultimately, what…the Inauguration stand?

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 20:46
I see. So, let me get this straight. You think by virtue of him coming in LAST in MN, that he will get most if not ALL of the remaining 11 uncommitted delegates in MN, sweeping him to victory and ultimately, what…the Inauguration stand?

What is so difficult? Why is it so hard to understand, coming in last in a meaningless vote is meaningless? The process takes months in some states. jesus. Is that just impossible to comprehend or what? He almost swept the district stage of selecting delegates. The remaining 16 are selected at the next stage, the state convention, and the people there are saying he'll get a simliar proportion of those.

The popular vote is absolutely irrelevant, here and in some other states, and it always was, and you've been wrong the whole time. You are just wrong. You're way wrong. You have no idea. You don't get it. Wrong. You don't understand. Stop talking about it, you don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.

http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2012/04/ron-paul%E2%80%99s-campaign-snagging-minnesota-delegates

I don't know what's going to happen, like i've been saying. I'm just hoping romney doesn't make 1144. Nobody knows what is going to happen, you least of all, clearly.

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 20:57
Since you didn't bother to inform yourself the first time, here's the same link from earlier.

All the CD conventions have concluded and Paul has won 20 out of the 24 delegate slots at stake and nearly all of the alternates. Given that the composition of the delegations to the state convention, which is set for May 4-5 in St. Cloud, is similar to that of the CD conventions, there is a very good chance Rep. Paul will come away with the lion's share of delegates from Minnesota.
http://www.piercecountyherald.com/event/article/id/44707/

The link in the last post was from earlier in the process, a couple weeks ago, when he was winning the first round that weekend or whatever. FIRST, not LAST- maybe since you like caps you can read it a little better that way. FIRST PLACE in delegates in MN, and the same thing will likely happen for the next round at the state convention. The AP number, your public records, and whatever else are INCORRECT. You have been had. Not for the first time or the last. Duped.

Sam Spade
04-23-2012, 06:46
Seems like the Ronulans are pretty sure of themselves. Perhaps a wager is in order...who wants to bet a sigline or avatar to be run through Inauguration Day?

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 07:03
Seems like the Ronulans are pretty sure of themselves. Perhaps a wager is in order...who wants to bet a sigline or avatar to be run through Inauguration Day?

Bet on what?

Sam Spade
04-23-2012, 07:17
Bet on what?

Well, tell us what you guys believe is going to happen. Do you think RP is going to take the nomination? We can bet on that. Do you think he's going to score a plurality of the delegates at the convention? We can bet on that.

Lots of cackling about "our strategy is working" on this board, but a decided reluctance to state what end result that strategy is going to bring about. So tell us, and we'll see if y'all's superior political wisdom can support a friendly wager.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 07:24
Well, tell us what you guys believe is going to happen. Do you think RP is going to take the nomination? We can bet on that. Do you think he's going to score a plurality of the delegates at the convention? We can bet on that.

Lots of cackling about "our strategy is working" on this board, but a decided reluctance to state what end result that strategy is going to bring about. So tell us, and we'll see if y'all's superior political wisdom can support a friendly wager.

I don't know how many more times i can say it. Should i go back and count just in this thread how many times i've said it? I'm hoping to keep mitt from 1144. There is no way to win anything outright at this point.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 07:32
Nobody thinks RP is going to win, we're just hoping to keep it from being a romney coronation.

I don't know what's going to happen, like i've been saying. I'm just hoping romney doesn't make 1144. Nobody knows what is going to happen, you least of all, clearly.

You could just read the posts. Rest assured the status quo is not under any real threat- you guys are safe and secure from any real conservatives have any chance of winning anything outright.

Sam Spade
04-23-2012, 08:21

I don't know how many more times i can say it. Should i go back and count just in this thread how many times i've said it? I'm hoping to keep mitt from 1144. There is no way to win anything outright at this point.

Okay. That's what you *hope*. Are you in the camp that falls in with the OP?

G19G20, what's your view on the secret (yet amazingly successful) strategy?

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 08:27

:dunno:

Cavalry Doc
04-23-2012, 08:45
A friendly bet would be interesting to watch, but both sides should decide on precisely what sigline and avatars would be required of the losers of the bet.

:popcorn:

G29Reload
04-23-2012, 13:51
edit mis-post wrong thread

Sam Spade
04-23-2012, 13:56
A friendly bet would be interesting to watch, but both sides should decide on precisely what sigline and avatars would be required of the losers of the bet.

:popcorn:

I'll make it simple to cut down on dickering: the other guy gets to write the sig and choose the avatar, which only needs to meet the TOS on GT. It'll stay up until Inauguration Day.

Studbudd, what don't you understand? You've written several times how you hope things will turn out. That's not a prediction, nor even an endorsement of the great strategy alluded to in the OP. Let's hear your prediction, not just your desire. Better, let's hear it from the OP. The delegate strategy is working, you say. So what's it going to achieve?

RCP
04-23-2012, 13:59
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/4heins/274e89e0.jpg

RCP
04-23-2012, 14:04
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/4heins/a03178d9.jpg

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 14:29
I'll make it simple to cut down on dickering: the other guy gets to write the sig and choose the avatar, which only needs to meet the TOS on GT. It'll stay up until Inauguration Day.

Studbudd, what don't you understand? You've written several times how you hope things will turn out. That's not a prediction, nor even an endorsement of the great strategy alluded to in the OP. Let's hear your prediction, not just your desire. Better, let's hear it from the OP. The delegate strategy is working, you say. So what's it going to achieve?

I have no idea what's going to happen. What do you predict is going to happen? And who cares what anybody predicts anyway?

Ruble Noon
04-23-2012, 15:17

What secret strategy? It is (or should be because it has been posted and discussed on here before) common knowledge that Paul was targeting delegates from the beginning of this clustermug.

Cavalry Doc
04-23-2012, 16:22
I have no idea what's going to happen. What do you predict is going to happen? And who cares what anybody predicts anyway?

I normally don't predict the future very well, but I'm guessing that this will be an issue of grasping at straws because there isn't much else one can do if they still hope Paul will be the Nominee.

Nothing is certain in elections, but it looks like Romney will have his magic number of 1144 by sometime in June.

I honestly hope Paul gets enough delegates to ensure a speaking roll, during prime time, at the convention. He'd have every right to scold the hell out of the people for choosing Obama lite.

Then I hope Barry isn't the president this time next year.

We'll have to wait and see though. That's what makes this fun to watch, nothing is certain, but I have come to expect certain possibilities are more possible, some less possible.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 17:40
I normally don't predict the future very well, but I'm guessing that this will be an issue of grasping at straws because there isn't much else one can do if they still hope Paul will be the Nominee.

Nothing is certain in elections, but it looks like Romney will have his magic number of 1144 by sometime in June.

I honestly hope Paul gets enough delegates to ensure a speaking roll, during prime time, at the convention. He'd have every right to scold the hell out of the people for choosing Obama lite.

Then I hope Barry isn't the president this time next year.

We'll have to wait and see though. That's what makes this fun to watch, nothing is certain, but I have come to expect certain possibilities are more possible, some less possible.

Yea there isn't much else to do if you're hoping Paul will be the nominee. I've been pretty sure since iowa or south carolina or whatever that that was not going to happen. Since then the point has been to stay in the debate as long as possible, to the end, to reach as many people as possible, and then to have some kind of influence at the convention. That's why winning MN is good news. It's that much closer to making a real splash at the end. Who knows what could happen. role, everybody misses that one

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 19:34

Fact check:

The Breakdown:

Minnesota Feb 7
Romney 2
Santorum 17
Gingrich 1
Paul 9

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/republican_delegate_count.html

your public record updated to reflect paul winning, but still has santorum winning 17 (???) which we know isn't going to happen. More likely paul will get most of those as well from what we're hearing first hand.

The AP will just keep lying until the end i guess (santorum 28, lol)

Get it now? They were estimates of a very hard, basically impossible to estimate process. Several other numbers are wrong too- romney doesn't really have as many as they're claiming. Paul will end up with some number more than they're claiming. Whether it will be enough to stop romney, we'll have to wait and see.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 19:55
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/index.html#/v/1579437066001/marco-rubio-stumps-with-mitt-romney/?playlist_id=86927

fox news has to admit paul may win iowa as well as minnesota and others

juggy4711
04-23-2012, 20:40
...I honestly hope Paul gets enough delegates to ensure a speaking roll, during prime time, at the convention. He'd have every right to scold the hell out of the people for choosing Obama lite...

Yea there isn't much else to do if you're hoping Paul will be the nominee. I've been pretty sure since iowa or south carolina or whatever that that was not going to happen. Since then the point has been to stay in the debate as long as possible, to the end, to reach as many people as possible, and then to have some kind of influence at the convention...

These posts reflect what any honest RP supporter/non-hater has realized for a long time now was the point of Paul running in the first place. If he can't win at least he can make try to make a difference.

G19G20
04-28-2012, 18:46
Quick update:

Paul delegates have continued to be elected to the RNC in large numbers with the latest being today's Louisiana results where Paul delegates have won at least 4 of the 6 CD conventions outright. More details and updates to come on other states soon. The delegate strategy is working.

Sam Spade
04-28-2012, 18:57
The delegate strategy is working.

Again (and sorry if I missed a reply), what does the end result of your successful strategy look like?

Sam Spade
04-28-2012, 18:59
What secret strategy? It is (or should be because it has been posted and discussed on here before) common knowledge that Paul was targeting delegates from the beginning of this clustermug.

To what end result?

G19G20
04-29-2012, 03:43
To what end result?

Right here at 7:22 mark.

Ron Paul on with George Stephanopoulos - YouTube

"Well, to win." That's not a campaign goal. That's a historical goal that supporters are executing right now. Get on the train or get left behind. And f George and his smug shiz.

Sam Spade
04-29-2012, 06:57
Right here at 7:22 mark.

Ron Paul on with George Stephanopoulos - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COsQgwBsMjA)

"Well, to win." That's not a campaign goal. That's a historical goal that supporters are executing right now. Get on the train or get left behind. And f George and his smug shiz.

Thanks for the clear description if where you think this "working strategy" is taking RP. You're wriong, of course.

Betchya he doesn't win. It's just not going to happen: people just don't want him---even when it's down to a 2-way race between Paul and the reviled Romney, he's not brining in votes.

As i was saying above, I'm so sure that you're wrong that I'll bet you my avatar and sig between the convention and Inauguration Day. Your prediction holds, your stategy works, Paul wins...you can choose the avatar and sig for me to display. Just keep them within the GT TOS. Paul loses, I do the same for your account.

You up for a friendly wager?

G19G20
04-29-2012, 13:38
Ive got better things to do with my time than make bets with strangers on the internet. Im just reporting what's really going on and doing my part to support it. If you don't like it feel free to skip over the thread in the future.

Sam Spade
04-29-2012, 14:52
Ive got better things to do with my time than make bets with strangers on the internet. Im just reporting what's really going on and doing my part to support it. If you don't like it feel free to skip over the thread in the future.

Nah.

I find your predictions to be utterly ungrounded in reality, and I will continue to exercise my right to point out your errors in logic, data processing and anything else that's pertinent.

I get that you don't want that public exposure of any failures in either the RP grand stategy or your read of same. That's understandable. We'll just drive on, post by post if needed. :wavey:

G19G20
04-29-2012, 14:58
The only person more rabid than a Paul supporter is a Paul hater.

Cavalry Doc
04-29-2012, 15:00

We all have better things to do. But this sutuation shows that you don't think Paul will be the nominee. No big. I don't think he will either. Time will tell.

G19G20
04-29-2012, 15:03
I don't bet on politics. Ive already "wagered" a bunch of my time, money, effort, and energy against the GOP establishment in this convention process. Last thing I need to do is spend my time worrying about wagering with morons on the net and reading TOS rules on sig lines and other wastes of time.

What I will wager is whether Sam or I will have a stronger voice in Tampa. Oh wait, I bet Sam isn't even a delegate.

Sam Spade
04-29-2012, 15:10
The only person more rabid than a Paul supporter is a Paul hater.

Yeah, that's it. I'm a rabid moron and Ronnie's 80 delegates will carry the day. Or now that it's a 2-way, mass defections are enroute to the Ronulan banner, and a thousand-plus will see the light and vote Ron regardless of their pledges.

That was sarcasm, in case it slipped by you as reality slipped past.

G29Reload
04-29-2012, 17:49
Ive got better things to do with my time than make bets with strangers

buc bbubkk buc buc bucawwkk!!!!!

Stand by your man….

Stand by your man….

:wavey:

Here's an idea, just subtract from your time posting drivel and fantasy on the internet and...

G19G20
04-29-2012, 21:14
^^^^^
You remind me of the 3rd grade fat kid bully that everyone hated.

Goaltender66
04-30-2012, 07:30
Yeah, that's it. I'm a rabid moron and Ronnie's 80 delegates will carry the day. Or now that it's a 2-way, mass defections are enroute to the Ronulan banner, and a thousand-plus will see the light and vote Ron regardless of their pledges.

That was sarcasm, in case it slipped by you as reality slipped past.

Interesting thought experiment:

If it were Paul with 41.5% of the Primary vote and this delegate strategery effort was coming out of, say, the Romney campaign, what do you think the story coming out of the Paul camp would sound like....? :whistling:

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 07:44

If it were Paul with 41.5% of the Primary vote and this delegate strategery effort was coming out of, say, the Romney campaign, what do you think the story coming out of the Paul camp would sound like....? :whistling:

It would be called an underhanded strategy that threatens liberty.

ChuteTheMall
04-30-2012, 08:46
^^^^^

You got beat up by the fat kid?

Must have really left a psychic mark.

That explains it.

:nutcheck:

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 09:00

That explains it.

Any chance you meant "psychiatric"? Some have claimed the ability to predict the future, so I'm not sure. :whistling:

G19G20
04-30-2012, 09:24

That explains it.

The immaturity level on this forum is amazing at times. :upeyes:

With diplomats for the party like you it's no wonder the GOP is losing membership and elections. It doesn't take a psychic to see that.

Wouldn't happen. We'd still turn out our people to the conventions just like we're doing right now.

G19G20
04-30-2012, 13:05
Paulites are owning Mitten's back yard. How embarrassing is it for Mitt to not even have his bound delegates supporting him in his home state?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7650/ron-paul-wins-massachusetts-delegates-in-district-caucuses

G29Reload
04-30-2012, 13:15
^^^^^

Gimme your lunch money! NOW!

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 13:33
:popcorn: This whole delegate thing should be fun to watch. Just one more twist, but if Paul were able to get the nomination, what is the chance of someone as narcissistic as Romney not running third party.

It will be interesting to see how close Paul actually comes.