Athiest cops? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Athiest cops?

GRIMLET
04-17-2012, 15:33
Any other ones here?
In court, I affirm not swear.
I was presented with a Bible in a Judicial Review hearing in Feb. The look on the panels faces when I refused to swear on their book was priceless.
The defense attorney brought up my lack of not being a Christian at least three times. I guess Jackson,Ms isn't as open minded as I hoped.

Lone Wolf8634
04-17-2012, 15:38
I've often wondered whats an Atheist would do in a courtroom when they brought out the bible to be sworn upon.:rofl:

Kingarthurhk
04-17-2012, 15:40
I know one. He is a friend of mine. We didn't agree on much, except for some reason we liked each other. He was a former Catholic.

GRIMLET
04-17-2012, 15:47
Trust me, its also a career promotion/progression stopper too.
A good friend with the feds has to keep it quiet. He has had limits placed on him at local agencies in the past.

Kingarthurhk
04-17-2012, 15:53
Trust me, its also a career promotion/progression stopper too.
A good friend with the feds has to keep it quiet. He has had limits placed on him at local agencies in the past.

It hasn't slowed my friend down at all. In fact, I have another good friend I worked for and has since moved way up the chain who I would describe as skeptical or Agnostic.

GRIMLET
04-17-2012, 16:05
Good for them!

Tilley
04-17-2012, 20:40
I would always have your back because you are a brother in blue, but I don't think I could ride in a car with you for 12 hours a day.

I like to listen to Christian radio.

GRIMLET
04-17-2012, 20:53
Thanks.
I do enjoy techno.
Maybe a techno- Christian station???

GRIMLET
04-17-2012, 20:58
The one Christian coworker who reallllyyy tries to be Christ like is a good friend. He cares enough to invite me to church and convert. Its not my thing but I respect him and thank him for caring.

Guss
04-17-2012, 21:16
Florida has gotten away from that and the "so help me God" stuff. Eventually the ACLU will visit your state.

The way I look at it, if a Christian has to put his hand on the Bible to be believed, what is he telling you the rest of the time?

PaleRider505
04-17-2012, 21:26
My department is 98 sworn. I only work with one that admits to being an atheist. Everyone tolerates me sharing/talking about my faith except her. She, who happens to be a Captain, bashed me pretty hard when telling me to never speak to her about "Religion" again. Which I'm ok with. I honestly had no idea what her beliefs were at the time. But I do now! Could have done without the verbal thrashing she handed out but whatever. She's that way regardless of what the topic of conversation is. Supervisor, stranger, whoever, if you ask me not to share my faith with you, I won't. But don't expect me to stop talking about it if I'm engaged in a conversation with someone else when you walk up. You have the option of walking away. Live and let live. Neither of our problems will matter to the other in the end.

Tilley
04-17-2012, 21:36
Thanks.
I do enjoy techno.
Maybe a techno- Christian station???

Deal.

NMPOPS
04-18-2012, 00:52
Not a problem. I my state they don't use a bible in court. Your raise your right hand and are asked if you swear or affirm that the testimony you are about to give is the truth and nothing but the truth. Answer: I do..............No problem!

cowboywannabe
04-18-2012, 01:05
the worst part about being an athiest is that there is nobody to talk to when you have an orgasm! LOL

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 04:03
Oh me! Oh me! Oh me!

cowboywannabe
04-18-2012, 04:42
Oh me! Oh me! Oh me!

that sounds so pee wee herman....:rofl:

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 04:45
Hahahaha

Arc Angel
04-18-2012, 05:51
Any other ones here?
In court, I affirm not swear. I was presented with a Bible in a Judicial Review hearing in Feb. The look on the panels faces when I refused to swear on their book was priceless.
The defense attorney brought up my lack of not being a Christian at least three times. I guess Jackson,Ms isn't as open minded as I hoped.

:shocked: Why is this important? (If you're proud to be an atheist then you should, at least, learn how to spell the word correctly - Don't ya think!) ;)

lpo
04-18-2012, 06:05
Trying to get a cop job now and Athiest. As far as swearing on a bible, wouldn't bother me one bit. They could just as well have me swear on a Dr. Seuss book. I'll tell the truth either way.

Grimlet, check your PM, please.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bren
04-18-2012, 06:09
Any other ones here?
I was presented with a Bible in a Judicial Review hearing in Feb. The look on the panels faces when I refused to swear on their book was priceless.

We don't use bibles in anything official here - certainly not courts. However, I just play along when religious stuff is going on. Not worth the stress of fighting them. Christians will always get revenge (and then lie about it) in the end.

I don't know about cops any more, but the Army has loads of atheists. Just not in basic training - where the farm kids from kansas will go to muslim services just to get the free time away from a drill sergeant.

Bren
04-18-2012, 06:13
My department is 98 sworn. I only work with one that admits to being an atheist. Everyone tolerates me sharing/talking about my faith except her. She, who happens to be a Captain, bashed me pretty hard when telling me to never speak to her about "Religion" again. Which I'm ok with. I honestly had no idea what her beliefs were at the time. But I do now! Could have done without the verbal thrashing she handed out but whatever.

Imagine somebody decides to talk to you about the wonders of being gay or a vegan or a satanist, or whatever other sorts of nonsense people preach about. When you decide to "share your faith" with people who don't like it, it's the same thing.

Brucev
04-18-2012, 06:50
Any other ones here?

In dealing with your statements, whatever they might be, given that they were not supported by anything beyond your affirmation, I'd just remember the Prophet Reagan, "Trust but verify. Trust but verify."

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 08:09
:shocked: Why is this important? (If you're proud to be an atheist then you should, at least, learn how to spell the word correctly - Don't ya think!) ;)

Stone cold busted. Damn that i before e thing!!!!!
Wait... oh well. Thanks.

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 08:15
In dealing with your statements, whatever they might be, given that they were not supported by anything beyond your affirmation, I'd just remember the Prophet Reagan, "Trust but verify. Trust but verify."

An affirmation is as good as someone swearing on a Bible.
The facts are verification.

Arc Angel
04-18-2012, 08:25
Stone cold busted. Damn that i before e thing!!!!! Wait... oh well. Thanks.

That's exactly correct! Your, 'being right' quotient is, now, at 50%. Keep going! ;)

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 08:33
That's exactly correct! Your, 'being right' quotient is, now, at 50%. Keep going! ;)

Ok, ok, ok.
Can I blame it on a Mississippi education?
Hahahhhaahahajj

Arc Angel
04-18-2012, 08:42
:shocked: Did you just spell, 'MISSISSIPPI' correctly? What a show-off! First the, 'i before e' rule; and now this! OK, OK, but I'm still not quite convinced. I want to see if you know the difference between: a gerund, a present participle, and the progressive tense?

(Ten additional IQ points will be awarded for this question's right answer.)

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 08:54
I looked on my drivers license for the correct spelling of Mississippi.

And, no I don't.

IndianaMatt
04-18-2012, 09:00
the worst part about being an athiest is that there is nobody to talk to when you have an orgasm! LOL

Or you can just shout, OH DARWIN!!

:rofl:

Nine Shooter
04-18-2012, 09:05
I guess for all purposes I'm an agnostic. It's a non-issue here. In fact, I've probably been given more guff over the fact that I have a college degree by certain people who don't.

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 09:09
I guess for all purposes I'm an agnostic. It's a non-issue here. In fact, I've probably been given more guff over the fact that I have a college degree by certain people who don't.

A college degree? Stick around. I will need help with gerunds, participles and progressive tense if my quiz continues. Hahaha

Brucev
04-18-2012, 09:18
An affirmation is as good as someone swearing on a Bible.
The facts are verification.

The facts. Really? When there is nothing to go on but the word of the witness? Sorry but Joe Friday was just an actor on a T.V. series.

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 09:23
Thanks for posting.

Arc Angel
04-18-2012, 09:30
the worst part about being an athiest is that there is nobody to talk to when you have an orgasm!

:upeyes: You know, there's actually a rather startling psychological truth about human nature in that comment. I like to call it the, 'inevitable God syndrome'. (Even atheists use it!) ;)

Or you can just shout, OH DARWIN!!

Who's Darwin? I'm Sidney! :tongueout:

The thought has occurred to me that, if Bible prophesy turns out to be correct (and things certainly seem to be going that way) then, one of these days, all of these self-proclaimed atheists are going to suddenly get, 'religion'. True, it's not going to be any religion that I'd want to be a part of; but, it's going to be, 'religion' nonetheless.

How does it go? 'Choose you this day whom ye will serve ...... ' (Joshua 24:15) 3,500 years later this remark is, still, true! It's, kind 'a, humorous actually. Can you just imagine it: A bunch of devil worshipping avowed atheists! Wow, talk about oxymorons. :rollingeyes:

Celtic Pride
04-18-2012, 09:34
Christians will always get revenge (and then lie about it) in the end.

Ouch !!!!!! And the conversation was going so nicely.

GRIMLET
04-18-2012, 09:44
http://img.tapatalk.com/42afacee-e14c-1780.jpg

This?

Bren
04-19-2012, 14:02
Ouch !!!!!! And the conversation was going so nicely.

All the same, it has been my experience, throughout my entire life, that most christians will attempt to retaliate against those who question their religion, or simply do not believe in it.

Tilley
04-19-2012, 15:28
http://img.tapatalk.com/42afacee-e14c-1780.jpg

This?

Future Republican President!

He's got my vote. :supergrin: