Hogue doing the zombie thing too [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hogue doing the zombie thing too

battlin bulldog
04-17-2012, 22:41
http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=742:laughabove:

I dont think this is gonna stop any time soon lol. Im not one of those people who is against this zombie stuff. I mean cmon its all in good fun right. Still I dont think im gonna go buy any of this stuff.

battlin bulldog
04-17-2012, 22:43
on second thought this is kinda cool.:supergrin:http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3295/45415l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/45415l.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

carbuncle
04-17-2012, 22:45
I like wood or black furniture for my guns, but people are having fun with the zombie stuff and more power to them (and to the companies who cater to them). Getting into the spirit, though: wouldn't acid, neon green make one more visible to the zombies?

zackwatt
04-17-2012, 23:03
I like wood or black furniture for my guns, but people are having fun with the zombie stuff and more power to them (and to the companies who cater to them). Getting into the spirit, though: wouldn't acid, neon green make one more visible to the zombies?

It's all about "Tacticool". :cool:

id1otbox
04-18-2012, 00:09
I think its all really lame. I thought the ammo thing with hornady was a neat idea for a way to sell more plinking ammo but i would never own a zombie gun or knife

cowboywannabe
04-18-2012, 00:39
look at all the zombies on the welfare roll, that is why we need to gear up! OLO!
(thats LOL is reverse for the inept).

NEOH212
04-18-2012, 02:46
:faint: :shakehead:

Dear God, will it ever end?

TSAX
04-18-2012, 02:53

I hope it does soon, this is getting more annoying, Hornady Zombie Max bullets was my last straw

:50cal:

clancy
04-18-2012, 04:52

No, not for a very long time. I have a 10 year old boy. Believe, zombie stuff is going nowhere.

rvrctyrngr
04-18-2012, 05:45
Sorry. I may be out of it, but I think the whole zombie thing is the most ridiculous marketing trend I've ever seen in this industry. We're talking about deadly weapons fercryingoutloud, not kidz toys!

GlockinNJ
04-18-2012, 06:02
It's amusing to me. I get that the manufacturers are doing it to make a buck, but who's buying this stuff? Seriously, neon pistol grips?

The trend-followers buying this crap are going to look back in a few years and be ashamed of their stupidity.

harleytech
04-18-2012, 08:09
Sorry. I may be out of it, but I think the whole zombie thing is the most ridiculous marketing trend I've ever seen in this industry. We're talking about deadly weapons fercryingoutloud, not kidz toys!
I agree...!:shocked:
Enough all ready...

DreamWeaver88
04-18-2012, 08:10
What does neon green have to do with zombies?

zackwatt
04-18-2012, 08:16
I hope it does soon, this is getting more annoying, Hornady Zombie Max bullets was my last straw

Those things are ridiculous, not to mention how bad you would look if a prosecutor had to explain them to a jury...

NeverMore1701
04-18-2012, 08:43
Who the hell cares? If you're into that sort of thing, buy the stuff, if not, don't.

my762buzz
04-18-2012, 11:54
Those things are ridiculous, not to mention how bad you would look if a prosecutor had to explain them to a jury...

They could just change the box illustrations a bit.

How about

"Civilian Security Force Ammunition"
Presidentially sanctioned ammunition for Civilian Security Force Duty
............... Yes we can.........Si podemos pendejo cabron

Obama Civilian Security - YouTube

Jason D
04-18-2012, 17:30
Tactistupid perhaps.

Ruggles
04-18-2012, 17:47
Zombies are pretty cool targets, slow movie, not human so no remorse, explode upon round impact and easy to pick out of a crowd.

Anything that brings sales and new folks into the firearm field is good to go with me :)

bac1023
04-18-2012, 19:32
:puking:

Berto
04-18-2012, 20:10
i couldn't do it, but maybe the Punisher grips I could.

matt_lowry123
04-19-2012, 05:36
I bought some zombie ammo, and they're next to my black talons. Neither will be shot, but I think both are cool. If they quit making the stuff at least I'll already have a piece of it. If they don't, I don't really care because the box is cool as hell.

I personally don't care for hogue, so this won't effect me. I think the only hogue product I own is the grips on my colt defender.

GSSF17
04-19-2012, 05:50
Zombie and Punisher stuff related to guns have officially jumped the shark.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr7zy37wL1qaymh8o1_500.jpg

2-8 Marine
04-19-2012, 05:56

You are not out of it, nor are you alone in your feelings that this zombie crap is ridiculous and childish. I'm hoping it will blow over soon.

byf43
04-19-2012, 06:10
Sorry. I may be out of it, but I think the whole zombie thing is the most ridiculous marketing trend I've ever seen in this industry.

Agreed.

:puking:

My sentiments, exactly!!!!

You are not out of it, nor are you alone in your feelings that this zombie crap is ridiculous and childish. I'm hoping it will blow over soon.

Amen!!!!! Couldn't have said it better, myself. :thumbsup:

NDCent
04-19-2012, 06:10
It's the dumbest **** to come along since wearing pants around your knees. The punisher junk is running a close second on the stupid factor. :upeyes:

Nakanokalronin
04-19-2012, 09:58
What does neon green have to do with zombies?

Well I figure it's to turn the people that actually buy them into easily seen zombie bait. :whistling:

Zombie stuff is neat like those people that make "break glass incase" containers and other fun stuff. The gun accessories are just tacky.

March817
04-19-2012, 12:41
Ironically, zombies are only attracted to brains and tacticool garbage.

rails...rails!!!:ack:

Bren
04-19-2012, 12:48
I like the zombie stuff. I usually think "mall ninja" or something similar when I run into people who are overly serious about guns and shooting.

carbuncle
04-19-2012, 15:03
Ok, in the spirit of full disclosure I have to report that I just bought a Zombie-themed product: I need an ammo box for .22 LR, and the MTM "Zombie Limited Edtion Ammo Box" was a buck cheaper than the OD Green box at my local sporting goods warehouse. The sticker peels off.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

GlockFish
04-19-2012, 21:24
The companies doing the "zombie" stuff now is kind of sad and embarrassing.
Like by the time old people are using words teenagers are using, those expressions are no longer cool.
Yes, zombies have jumped the shark... along with punisher grips and mood rings.

carbuncle
04-19-2012, 23:50
The companies doing the "zombie" stuff now is kind of sad and embarrassing.
Like by the time old people are using words teenagers are using, those expressions are no longer cool.
Yes, zombies have jumped the shark... along with punisher grips and mood rings.

And 3D anything.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

FLIPPER 348
04-20-2012, 00:05
[QUOTE=GlockFish;18868628]The companies doing the "zombie" stuff now is kind of sad and embarrassing.

Yes, zombies have jumped the shark... /QUOTE]

They are making plenty of $$$$ off of it, good for them.

GlockFish
04-20-2012, 00:40
[QUOTE=GlockFish;18868628]The companies doing the "zombie" stuff now is kind of sad and embarrassing.

Yes, zombies have jumped the shark... /QUOTE]

They are making plenty of $$$$ off of it, good for them.

God Bless America!

Luminary
04-20-2012, 08:39
I thought zombies were cool before it was cool to like zombies! Those 1911 grips are pretty awesome.

J_Rico
04-20-2012, 09:53
I think those grips are pretty ugly, but as I would never buy them, I do not care.

I do not see why people get so bent out of shape about this craze or that craze.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

NeverMore1701
04-20-2012, 10:10
I think those grips are pretty ugly, but as I would never buy them, I do not care.

I do not see why people get so bent out of shape about this craze or that craze.

This.

ggarciatx
04-20-2012, 12:47
people buying gun stuff, even with Zombies on it, means they are strengthening the manufacturers. This may be a runaway train, but it is getting more people involved in exercising their 2nd amendment right. Look at pink guns, I am sure it had some impact to bring women into the shooting world that would otherwise have not even shown an interest.
Zombies, pink guns, Punisher, Micky Mouse.........it does not matter as long as people are supporting the sport that some want us to lose the right to.

Spiffums
04-20-2012, 15:41
If ya dont like it, dont buy it.

2-8 Marine
04-20-2012, 15:56

I don't think anyone who replied negatively regarding zombie stuff was Bent Out Of Shape. You don't necessarily have to be mad or angry to dislike something or think it childish or even stupid. Disagreement is not always a sign of anger.

GSSF17
04-20-2012, 18:50
I don't think anyone who replied negatively regarding zombie stuff was Bent Out Of Shape. You don't necessarily have to be mad or angry to dislike something or think it childish or even stupid. Disagreement is not always a sign of anger.

Well said!

The Pirate
04-20-2012, 19:26
I'm personally not into it, but if it gets people to buy guns, I have no problem. I'll just keep ignoring it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

BEER
04-20-2012, 23:22
i like the whole zombie craze, it makes me giggle to see money makers trying to get a bite of it, and to watch the uptight types turn their nose up at it. and some of the products out now are so cartoonishly over the top that they're absolute comedy gold.

with that said, i would never put anything like that on my firearms for fear of it being confused with an airsoft gun or some sort of child's toy. i wouldn't even deck out a range only plinker with this stuff because i don't want to run the risk of hearing stupid comments on the range and having to respond.

now if you'll excuse me i've got to find railed rails to mount on top of the rails on my ar15.

carbuncle
04-20-2012, 23:38

This.

GlockFish
04-20-2012, 23:49
If ya dont like it, dont buy it.

Brilliant!

Hugo R
04-21-2012, 09:42
I like the zombie stuff. I usually think "mall ninja" or something similar when I run into people who are overly serious about guns and shooting.

Yep:wavey:

HR:cool: