US Soldiers, Afghan body parts and Ralph Peters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : US Soldiers, Afghan body parts and Ralph Peters

Sam Spade
04-18-2012, 18:19
So in a nutshell: Troops in a unit suffered some 3 dozen casualties from IEDs and suicide bombers. Some of the bombers were less than successful and ended up as props in photo ops. Of course, this is an outrage, an outrage I tell you...:upeyes: and the whole politico-miltary chain is lining up to denounce things. Below, LTC (ret) Ralph Peters reacts to the news.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1569591418001/panetta-apologizes-for-photos-of-us-military/?playlist_id=87937

Not too long ago, I said that when the left was content with the job they'd done trashing the cops, churches and other institutions on the domestic front, they'd turn again on the military. I can't say that I'm happy to have been proven right.

walt cowan
04-18-2012, 18:52
ok, the snipers, koran burners, killing non-coms and now this....anyone not seeing this as counter intel thing yet?

clancy
04-18-2012, 18:57
What a bunch of crap. We can kill them, but we can't take pictures of them. This has been going in since the first soldier went to war with a camera. When I was a kid my Dad pulled out a photo album he got from his uncle who had just passed away. He had served in New Guinea during the war. There was a picture of a young, smiling Uncle Harry, holding a severed Jap head in each hand. Let's just say Mom got freaked out, and we never saw the picture again. Too bad, I would have loved to have taken it to school for show and tell.

mj9mm
04-18-2012, 19:17
this comes as a sensitive time, :crying:,oh BS, our men are taught to fight wars with the best of them, and better than anyone. these kinds of incidents have happened forever, and in all past wars, ours or anyones. you don't put soldiers, warriors, fighting men, people, through the horrors of war without trophy shots, this is not some international sporting event we're participating in. the media needs to control their pansy ass liberal agenda, and any talk from the afgans is just a spectacle caused by our governments apolojetic antics:rant:

mj9mm
04-18-2012, 19:19
What a bunch of crap. We can kill them, but we can't take pictures of them. This has been going in since the first soldier went to war with a camera. When I was a kid my Dad pulled out a photo album he got from his uncle who had just passed away. He had served in New Guinea during the war. There was a picture of a young, smiling Uncle Harry, holding a severed Jap head in each hand. Let's just say Mom got freaked out, and we never saw the picture again. Too bad, I would have loved to have taken it to school for show and tell.
i was't shown the pics, they said i wasn't old enough,and americans didn't hold the copy right on that stuff either

wrenrj1
04-18-2012, 19:22
Dumb, just dumb. Should they be called on the carpet for it? yes. Then, let's make them do a couple of laps and move on.

mj9mm
04-19-2012, 10:27
our media has evolved into Tokyo Rose:whistling:

czsmithGT
04-19-2012, 22:31
I can't see your embedded video so i don't know what Peters said.

I totally understand the feelings of the troops. And I don't like the way their commanders seem eager to throw them to the wolves without providing any context.

But I do have to say this- WHY THE HE!! CAN'T THESE GUYS STOP TAKING PICTURES????

This crap of pics hitting the media has been going on ever since digital cameras were invented. It doesn't taks a brain surgeon to figure out what the reaction will be when these kinds of pics make their way to the media. And they ALWAYS make their way to the media eventually.

callihan_44
04-20-2012, 06:04
some of the top brass just wanna cover their own ass so they dont ruin a chance for future promotions, if it takes throwing your own under the bus THEY WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO....

Big Mad Dawg
04-21-2012, 07:33
Only those who have never lost a friend that they served with you will not understand what the contributing factors are. I understand your inability to grasp it and why it horrifies or disgusts you but I have lost friends that I ate breakfast with before they had the opportunity to eat lunch I am not as fast to judge as someone that has not. Is it a good idea? No Should it happen? No but then there are a lot of things that happen when the horrors of war are unleashed and only those who are involved truly understand even if most are not personally contributing and are not willing to go to that level.

Ringo S.
04-21-2012, 11:26
What a bunch of crap. We can kill them, but we can't take pictures of them. This has been going in since the first soldier went to war with a camera.
I think it's a western cultural thing. To take pictures with the dead bodies. Like to make photos with dead relatives, that made up to look like they are alive in late XIX century, or germans, taking pictures with civilians they had killed...
At least I can not even imagine in Russia, for example, something like sending scull of enemy to your bride back home or taking pictures with dead enemies...