The new world [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The new world

Smacktard
04-18-2012, 20:17
The times are changing.

Losing Your Religion? Survey: Growing Number Of Atheists, Religion Declining - YouTube

Kingarthurhk
04-19-2012, 03:56
1 Peter 5:8-9, " <sup id="en-NIV-30474" class="versenum">8</sup> Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. <sup id="en-NIV-30475" class="versenum">9</sup> Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

Tilley
04-19-2012, 10:56
Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.

Roering
04-19-2012, 11:38
There is nothing new under the Sun.

creaky
04-19-2012, 11:45
As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.

creaky
04-19-2012, 11:46
Smackie, we are heading towards some really evil times. Man prefers the darkness because his deeds are evil. When we were kids we didnt have exposure to the evil acts that our kids are now exposed to on TV and the Internet.

The family unit has for the most part, been destroyed. Kids are growing up without parents in the home, and most lifestyles are very accepting of varying degrees of immorality. These kids grow up to be broken.

Sexual immorality is crazy rampant, and homosexuality is now a new race of people.

Obama is forcing the Catholic Church to supply condoms and abortion pills.

There is a hatred shown towards God and followers of Christ. Two Korans accidentally get tossed in the fire and 20 people are murdered. Obama reacts by apologizing. Dozens of Christians are murdered in Iran for not converting to Islam, and The White House is silent.

I am a Centurian and I am grateful for the blessings God has afforded me and my wife. I live one day at a time and look for the good in people. I see a lot of really good people and I do my best to keep them safe.

I don't know if what I do makes a difference to anyone. All I can do is be the best I can be, stay positive, and try not to be too hard on myself when I fall short.

I am a son of the living God.

:thumbsup: On all that, Tilley.

ArtificialGrape
04-19-2012, 12:06
I am a Centurian

I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things. :tongueout:

Geko45
04-19-2012, 12:29
The times are changing.

Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...

Roering
04-19-2012, 13:44
Ever so slowly, we are clawing our way out of the dark ages...

by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.

Tilley
04-19-2012, 15:07
I had no idea you were that old -- that may explain a few things. :tongueout:

Butthead...:rofl:

Tilley
04-19-2012, 15:07
:thumbsup: On all that, Tilley.

Thanks.

muscogee
04-19-2012, 20:13
Twenty percent Texas don't believe. Someone must be listening.

No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. (http://www.texassandfest.com/photos.htm) I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.

Animal Mother
04-20-2012, 04:30
As written by St. Paul the Apostle in his second letter to the Thessalonians:

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Tell us something we don't know, Smacktard.All this demonstrates is that Christians have been predicting the end since the very beginning. How many Great Apostasys have there been so far?

Tilley
04-20-2012, 21:18
No Tilly, the world is not coming to an end. The family is not disintegrating. My children all live a few miles from me. I see them all the time. This weekend my wife of 35 years, our children, our grandchildren, and I are going to the Sand Fest. (http://www.texassandfest.com/photos.htm) I took my granddaughter to the doctor today and she stayed with me until her mother got home from work. This is typical of my lifestyle. Does that sound like a disintegrating family? The world is changing for the better.

I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.

Geko45
04-20-2012, 21:20
I meant the world...society. I'm glad your family is squared away, but the world is much larger than you.

No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

:sigh:

Tilley
04-20-2012, 21:40
No, we aren't approaching TEOTWAWKI either.

:sigh:

Huh?:upeyes:

Guss
04-21-2012, 04:39
by embracing Epicureanism? I don't think so.
Epicurus would probably be shocked that his name became associated with indulgence. He lived a modest lifestyle.

GreenDrake
04-21-2012, 06:05
It's sad that believers have such a doom and gloom perspective. Religion wrecks people and turns them into bible quoting doomsdayers who think their religion is the only true religion and all the others are wrong. Thankfully the world is healing from the religiots.