I need a new tool card [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need a new tool card

emt1581
04-19-2012, 05:31
I've had a Tool Logic Credit Card Companion in my wallet for the last 15 years. Normally I'd have to pinch the sides together every week or two. This morning the sides would no longer attach to themselves. Now I've always used the toothpick, blade and screwdriver....in that order. What other, more modern cards, might I want to look at?

I suppose I could just get the same one but I want to see what else it out there.

Thanks

-Emt1581

cyrsequipment
04-19-2012, 06:14
Leatherman.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bilbo Bagins
04-19-2012, 06:37
Leatherman.

Unfortunately Leatherman does not make a tool card. I would buy one if they did.

With the exception of the ones that are a punched out piece of solid metal, I have not found one as durable or usefull as a Tool Logic.

I got the one with the firestater built in. Its great if you are on a plane that goes down and your stuck on an island, the bad news is you can't carry it on a plane. :dunno:

JFrame
04-19-2012, 07:26
Just a thought -- would it be just as efficient to split the difference and carry a tiny Esquire SAK (small blade, toothpick, tweezers, scissors, and either a nail file or an eyeglass screwdriver) -- and a second screwdriver (trade shows hand out tiny ones for popping open CPUs and such -- some come with reversible tips for flat head or Philips).

I truly find that the Esquire disappears in my pocket, and at roughly $10 a pop, they are basically disposable. Also, the serrated edge Esquires retain cutting performance for what I feel is a phenomenal length of time.

Donn57
04-19-2012, 10:06
Tool Logic offers several different variations on the same theme. Maybe one of the newer versions would suit you better. I doubt you'll find anything any better by any other manufacturer.

DrSticky
04-19-2012, 14:56
I was playing around on the Victorinox site and I found this.

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Everyday/SwissCard/53937

Scissors look cool.

emt1581
04-19-2012, 18:19
I was playing around on the Victorinox site and I found this.

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Everyday/SwissCard/53937

Scissors look cool.

This was not so attractive to me a few years ago. Now that I take a closer look, this just might be what I get. It certainly blows my current model away. Plus it'd be great for at work where I can't carry my leatherman.

I want to see what Tool Logic offers though.

My only concern with the Swiss Card is it's durability. My current card took a TON of weight on top of it, bending, etc...and lasted more than a decade.

Thanks

-Emt1581

emt1581
04-19-2012, 19:52
Well the Tool Logic's skeletonized blade kicks the crap out of the puny Swiss Card's. However, the "business card" model is basically the same thing as a Swiss Card as far as I can tell...complete with puny blade...

It's a toss up at this point.

I'm thinking the Tool Logic version may hold up better though.

-Emt1581

cyrsequipment
04-19-2012, 20:08
Unfortunately Leatherman does not make a tool card. I would buy one if they did.

With the exception of the ones that are a punched out piece of solid metal, I have not found one as durable or usefull as a Tool Logic.

I got the one with the firestater built in. Its great if you are on a plane that goes down and your stuck on an island, the bad news is you can't carry it on a plane. :dunno:

Um, I was being sarcastic.