What did I miss? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What did I miss?

okie
04-19-2012, 07:12
Prom season is once again upon us, now then I was not allowed to go to my Prom as there might be dancing at said prom and my parental units believed that dancing would send you down to the deepest fiery pits of hell.:alex::rofl::rofl: What did I all miss at the Prom:headscratch::dunno:

HOTHEAD
04-19-2012, 07:23
Underage drinking, fornicating in the back of a limo, and overnight hotel party... That was the "junior" prom:cool:

ETA: My Daughter was driven to the prom by my FIL ( he worked part time for a limo company) and the after party was held at our house for 30 kids. I was up all night watching for drinking and "other things"

okie
04-19-2012, 07:51
Underage drinking, fornicating in the back of a limo, and overnight hotel party... That was the "junior" prom:cool:

ETA: My Daughter was driven to the prom by my FIL ( he worked part time for a limo company) and the after party was held at our house for 30 kids. I was up all night watching for drinking and "other things"

Damn I did miss out:crying::sadangel:

Dennis in MA
04-19-2012, 07:53
Puking canines. (Wait - wrong thread.)

Moron getting busted by the principal with coke in the mens room. I think he MIGHT have graduated but had to do a year of community service at the HS. I remember him cutting the grass through the next fall.

The popularity contest of it all. "Well, I wanna sit with Betty Sue and there's only 2 seats left, so good luck." I hit the Jr. Prom then skipped the Sr. Just not worth it. I wonder why I hated HS. All of the alleged "friends" ran to be next to the most popular people to make themselves look better. (Funny: It sorta backfired on them. How do you look more attractive? Stand around ugly people - they were the stand-ins. LOL)

Basically, it's a good life-lesson, Mark. Either you had a great time because you had a good HS career and some great friends. Or you learn a month before graduation who you are never going to talk to again. :)

Oh, and in the 80's, you wore a matching color cummerbund instead of a complimenting color vest today. I had a ROSE colored cummerbund. Perhaps even the matching tie. I forget. So you got to miss out on that. :)

dango
04-19-2012, 07:57
I was raised a (REBORN-CHRISTIAN). When I was 15 ,I ran away from home. Don't get me wrong , I love my family buy there are extremes to this religion thing. My father was that extreme.

I keep in touch with them after all these years and they still pray for me.I am a good man raised a fine family of my own and am proud of the things I've accomplished in my life.

You got to know when to hold and know when to fold them !
For all you young men out there , a wet dream is not a sin , it's hormones .

wjv
04-19-2012, 10:44
I was raised a (REBORN-CHRISTIAN). When I was 15 ,I ran away from home. Don't get me wrong , I love my family buy there are extremes to this religion thing. My father was that extreme.

I know exactly what you mean.

There was no topic on planet earth that my dad couldn't turn into a religious discussion with 2 minutes. . The older he got, the worse he got.

as in:
Me: "The Cubs are playing the Mets tonight"
Dad: "God will determine who deserves to win"

:faint:

He thought that his incessant nagging and preaching would "save all of us". Instead he managed to drive all of us away from the church for a long long time.

jp3975
04-19-2012, 10:48
Prom season is once again upon us, now then I was not allowed to go to my Prom as there might be dancing at said prom and my parental units believed that dancing would send you down to the deepest fiery pits of hell.:alex::rofl::rofl: What did I all miss at the Prom:headscratch::dunno:

They didnt watch Footloose?

Didnt they realize the Bible advocates dancing? Isnt it blasphemy to contradict the Bible?:tongueout:

Dennis in MA
04-19-2012, 10:56
Naked dancing at that! (David was naked when he danced down the street or whatever. It's been a long time since I cared enough to remember the reference.)

I'm pretty sure Okie is really Kevin Bacon.

PBCounty
04-19-2012, 11:11
I don't know....all the dorks went to prom. We were too busy partying and banging chicks to attend school activities.

okie
04-19-2012, 11:19
They didnt watch Footloose?

Didnt they realize the Bible advocates dancing? Isnt it blasphemy to contradict the Bible?:tongueout:

Hell no they didn't watch Footloose:rofl::rofl:

okie
04-19-2012, 11:20
Naked dancing at that! (David was naked when he danced down the street or whatever. It's been a long time since I cared enough to remember the reference.)

I'm pretty sure Okie is really Kevin Bacon.

I am:alex::rofl::rofl:

Geko45
04-19-2012, 11:30
my parental units believed that dancing would send you down to the deepest fiery pits of hell.

It's not the dancing that will send you to hell, it's all the hookers and blow...

:whistling:

okie
04-19-2012, 11:52
It's not the dancing that will send you to hell, it's all the hookers and blow...

:whistling:

Ahhhhhh is that it:shocked::rofl::rofl:

Travclem
04-19-2012, 17:20
I never went to the actual prom because I was too busy gathering up Booze for the afterparty. I had my own house, a full time job and looked a lot older than I was.

Buki192327
04-19-2012, 19:29
Okie. what you missed was a bunch of nothing., except expense.

I heard the other day(Neal Boortz), that the average family spends over $1,000.00 for their teenager to go to the prom. The lower the families income level, the more they spent to send the kid to the prom. The lowest income levls spent over $2000.00 to send their kid to the prom.:shocked::faint:

When I was in high school years and years ago, our whole prom, didn't cost $1.000.00 :dunno: Maybe we were cheap. :rofl:

okie
04-20-2012, 07:09

I heard the other day(Neal Boortz), that the average family spends over $1,000.00 for their teenager to go to the prom. The lower the families income level, the more they spent to send the kid to the prom. The lowest income levls spent over $2000.00 to send their kid to the prom.:shocked::faint:

When I was in high school years and years ago, our whole prom, didn't cost $1.000.00 :dunno: Maybe we were cheap. :rofl:

Just damn, that's too freakin much bank. No way in hell my parental units would have put out that much bank:alex:

GRIMLET
04-20-2012, 07:12
The conception of my best friends son.

byf43
04-20-2012, 07:27

Never went to the 'Junior' Prom.

Went to Senior Prom.

No limo. Too danged poor.
I drove my '62 Pontiac Catalina.

My g/f's prom was on "The Dandy" (A boat that tours around Washington, DC, on the Potomac - at night.)
What a Prom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sneaking in booze. Partying like there was no tomorrow.

My prom was held at the Sheraton Inn - Washington, DC.
The booze was flowing there, too.
A bunch of us got rooms (for the night) and the party lasted all night long.

I woke up, with my head hanging into the great porcelain throne, and my girlfriend was asleep in the bathtub!!
OMG!!! One of the worst hangovers I've ever had.

Had a GREAT time!!!!!
Ah. . . . . . . . . The "Good Ole Days"!!!!!!!!:rofl:

jp3975
04-22-2012, 01:33

They dont have to be pricey.

All you need is a tux and a dress.

Maybe some $ for vodka and gas.

The Maggy
04-22-2012, 02:06
What did you miss Okie? Honestly, not a whole lot. Aside from the tux, I probably do more on a Tuesday night now. Booze, dancing, good food, friends, loose women... none of those are terribly hard to come by.

The memory of prom was nice, you get to dress up and feel important for the evening; but I don't think that prom even cracks the top 50 of my best memories.

PBCounty
04-22-2012, 02:08
What did you miss Okie? Honestly, not a whole lot. Aside from the tux, I probably do more on a Tuesday night now. Booze, dancing, good food, friends, loose women... none of those are terribly hard to come by.

The memory of prom was nice, you get to dress up and feel important for the evening; but I don't think that prom even cracks the top 50 of my best memories.

I like this guy.

Folsom_Prison
04-22-2012, 02:09
My prom was pretty awesome but I won't share the details. :whistling: