Chelsea Clinton Struggling as She Dabbles at NBC News [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton Struggling as She Dabbles at NBC News

snerd
04-20-2012, 00:53
That poor, poor thing.
Few people in the media were willing to denounce NBC's hiring of self-evidently under-qualified Chelsea Clinton as a reporter on "Rock Center" and "NBC Nightly News." One rare bird is Baltimore Sun TV critic David Zurawik (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-18/entertainment/bal-chelsea-clinton-journalistic-bankruptcy-nbc-news-20120418_1_chelsea-clinton-nbc-news-capus), who mocked NBC News boss Steve Capus for claiming Chelsea "had been preparing her whole life" for this job. He called it "one of the most outrageous and disconnected-from-reality statements I have ever heard from the mouth of a news president in 30 years of reporting on the networks."
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/04/19/report-chelsea-clinton-struggling-she-dabbles-nbc-news#ixzz1sYqfsDTk

jeager
04-20-2012, 01:01
"Say is isn't Soooo!"

CAcop
04-20-2012, 01:59
Every job she has ever had has been because of her parents. Malia and Sasha will be taken care of too when they graduate college.

JBnTX
04-20-2012, 05:52
Mommy and Daddy are going to have to make some phone calls
and straighten some people out.

Then Chelsea will be called a "natural born newscaster with unlimited potential and talent" all of a sudden.

mj9mm
04-20-2012, 06:16
:sigh:dud:dunno:

mt920
04-20-2012, 06:29
Every job she has ever had has been because of her parents. Malia and Sasha will be taken care of too when they graduate college.

Agree... Just like Jeb and George W were...

GAFinch
04-20-2012, 16:40
Name one reporter on (MS)NBC that isn't under-qualified.

Gary W Trott
04-20-2012, 17:24
I will divine the answer to the question contained within and it is...Chelsea Clinton.

http://travsd.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

Opening the envelope the question is...,

"What do you get when you cross a crooked lawyer with a sleazy politician?"

certifiedfunds
04-20-2012, 20:01

I see no problem with parents lending their kid a hand up if they choose to do so. Who wouldn't want to be in a position to clear the path for their kid?

Never Nervous
04-20-2012, 20:11

That's what every parent strives for isn't it, to give their children every opportunity to succeed?

NN

Lockback
04-20-2012, 20:13
I will divine the answer to the question contained within and it is...Chelsea Clinton.

:rofl::rofl:

aircarver
04-20-2012, 21:03

Which one was which ? .....:supergrin:

G-19
04-20-2012, 21:25
Who cares about Chelsea.

Fred Hansen
04-20-2012, 22:09

"What do you get when you cross a crooked lawyer with a sleazy politician?":uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Poor little Chutney; born to a Canklesaur, and a southern hick that likes chasing fat chicks. :animlol:

G22Dude
04-20-2012, 22:12
:uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Poor little Chutney; born to a Canklesaur, and a southern hick that likes chasing fat chicks. :animlol:

What do you have against fat chicks:rofl:

Gunnut 45/454
04-20-2012, 23:12
mt920
Ah the resident Obamite speaks!:rofl:

NBC has no qualification to be a reporter other then being extremely Liberal Progressive and a Obama Slave!:supergrin:

FLIPPER 348
04-20-2012, 23:42
Who cares about Chelsea.

The OP it seems.

snerd
04-21-2012, 00:07
Who cares about Chelsea.
You clicked the headline that clearly stated what the thread was about.

snerd
04-21-2012, 00:08
The OP it seems.
See post 18. You guys are too easy tonight.

kirgi08
04-21-2012, 00:35
I see no problem with parents lending their kid a hand up if they choose to do so. Who wouldn't want to be in a position to clear the path for their kid?

Disagree my friend.Nepotism is a bad thing.Let her earn it,not be "handed" it.If she does the job,let her do the job.Mom and dad made their bones,let her do the same.'08.

snerd
04-21-2012, 00:49
Disagree my friend.Nepotism is a bad thing.Let her earn it,not be "handed" it.If she does the job,let her do the job.Mom and dad made their bones,let her do the same.'08.
I'm torn on this one. I would, and did, give my kid every advantage I could, although nothing was "handed" to him. The criticism I hear about our current generation is that everything was handed to them, and they were never told "no". So now they're having a hard time adjusting to life in the "real world" where they have to "compete" for things like a job. But they're also the generation that was taught competition was a bad thing, and that everybody was a winner. Why did we allow our schools to indoctrinate them into this liberal crap?

kirgi08
04-21-2012, 01:19
We home school,my kid will smoke the competition.I went through pre grad classes.I was in all the honor classes and had ta go ta a JC.My kid is smarter than me by leaps and bounds.My .5 has a masters and she does wonders in her field.

The economy has fated against us.We own all we got,I want my child ta have more.Just because "Mom/Dad" have done well,doesn't allow that a child will.Bust yer ass for it,work hard and honest.You''ll get yer reward.'08.

CAcop
04-21-2012, 01:42

I want my kids to earn what they get. You learn more from the struggle.

CAcop
04-21-2012, 01:43
That's what every parent strives for isn't it, to give their children every opportunity to succeed?

NN

There is a difference between giving things unearned and undeserved and giving them the chance to earn it themselves.

cowboywannabe
04-21-2012, 03:16
I will divine the answer to the question contained within and it is...A COWBOY, INSTANT REPLY, LIBERACCI.

"What is a Romo, a slow mo, and a homo."

Brucev
04-21-2012, 07:25
I have no use for Chelsea Clinton's parents in any way at all. But, she is not to blame for her parents. As to her employment, there are many multiple examples of persons who have gotten jobs simply and only because of who they were or who they knew. In fact, the same holds true for people who have gotten loans, been admitted to college/university or professional schools (law, medical, etc.) and even been afforded a more favorable status and treatment in the courts of justice simply and only because of who they are and/or who they know. If someone is so bitter at her parents for their gross criminality, that is understandable. But to think or act as though she should be castigated for simply being so unfortunate as to have been born their daughter is inexcusable.

aircarver
04-21-2012, 07:46
She's being castigated for being given a job over someone who deserved it, then not even being up to doing the job .....:upeyes:

certifiedfunds
04-21-2012, 07:51

I agree Kirgi. That's what is best for the kid. Same as inheritance. My only point being its their prerogative as any parent. Besides, Chelsea can't escape who her parents are and the influence is there whether she wants it or not. I actually feel sorry for the little progressive yute.

certifiedfunds
04-21-2012, 07:55
I want my kids to earn what they get. You learn more from the struggle.

I agree with you and Kirgi. My point is that its their prerogative. Their equity.

Besides, lets face the facts......her good looks weren't going to open any doors for her..........

steveksux
04-21-2012, 07:58
What do you have against fat chicks:rofl:Nothing. That's why he's hatin'/ He's just mad because the fat chicks won't let him hold it against them... :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

snerd
04-21-2012, 10:00
...... But to think or act as though she should be castigated for simply being so unfortunate as to have been born their daughter is inexcusable.
Why so serious, dude? Not every post is meant to "castigate" someone. It was simply to express incredulity that some people are surprised that someone who wasn't qualified for something is having trouble succeeding at it. It's a big D U H moment, that's all.

Smile. It's funny. You'll feel better.