C.S. Lewis [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : C.S. Lewis

Paul7
04-20-2012, 08:18
I believe Kinderthunk said he wasn't familiar with C.S. Lewis, here is an intro for anyone interested.

http://good-report.com/4130/c-s-lewis-time-cover-story-from-the-archive-sep-8-1947

Kingarthurhk
04-21-2012, 10:51
I believe Kinderthunk said he wasn't familiar with C.S. Lewis, here is an intro for anyone interested.

http://good-report.com/4130/c-s-lewis-time-cover-story-from-the-archive-sep-8-1947

I have some familiarity with him, not the entire biography. I know he doubted, became atheistic, studied mythology in England, and then became a minister. He is also responsible for the Narnia series, and a couple other science fiction pieces. I read a great deal of his fiction.

Guss
04-21-2012, 14:23
Even an atheist knows there's money to be made off Christians.

Kingarthurhk
04-21-2012, 16:24
Even an atheist knows there's money to be made off Christians.

Well, he actually became a minister and gave his life over to Jesus. Who knows? Maybe you will too.:cool:

Paul7
04-22-2012, 07:48
I have some familiarity with him, not the entire biography. I know he doubted, became atheistic, studied mythology in England, and then became a minister. He is also responsible for the Narnia series, and a couple other science fiction pieces. I read a great deal of his fiction.

Sorry, I spelled your name wrong. Lewis remained a lay person, he was never ordained. Mere Christianity is a wonderful book of apologetics, and has converted many people, including the late Chuck Colson.

Kingarthurhk
04-22-2012, 10:53
Sorry, I spelled your name wrong. Lewis remained a lay person, he was never ordained. Mere Christianity is a wonderful book of apologetics, and has converted many people, including the late Chuck Colson.

Lay people may not have the title of minister, but he filled in the job rather well.

Paul7
04-23-2012, 10:24
Lay people may not have the title of minister, but he filled in the job rather well.

I'd say so, better than most ministers.