Zimmerman's Bail Hearing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman's Bail Hearing

m51
04-20-2012, 09:02
So far Zimmerman's attorney is taking the prosecution team to school. He is making their case look mighty weak. Back to the hearing,,,,,,

Goaltender66
04-20-2012, 09:27
$150k bail with GPS and electronic monitoring.

Also if what I heard is what the prosecution is going with, doubtful the defense will even need to present a case.

Deployment Solu
04-20-2012, 09:36
They'll need to present a case or it will be rioting and looting. Free Air Jordans an 55" TVs for all who are willing to take them!!!!!.

snerd
04-20-2012, 09:38
Very reasonable, and the judge looks to be fair and deciding on law instead of emotion.
Also if what I heard is what the prosecution is going with, doubtful the defense will even need to present a case.
Exactly. It will all boil down to who the jurors are and how afraid the court is of the rioting, looting and burning if he goes free.

sbhaven
04-20-2012, 10:23
And no firearms too (which isn't surprising).

m51
04-20-2012, 10:59
Very reasonable, and the judge looks to be fair and deciding on law instead of emotion.

Exactly. It will all boil down to who the jurors are and how afraid the court is of the rioting, looting and burning if he goes free.

Exactly, the jurors are key. It was refreshing to see a judge that could see through the media's smoke screen. However, lets never forget the OJ trial.

Just1More
04-20-2012, 12:58
The lead investigator blew the case today. The basis of the 2nd degree murder charge was that Zimmerman started the fight. Under oath today, the investigator said he had no evidence that Zimmerman started the fight...or that Zimmerman didn't turn and go back to his car.

DOC44
04-20-2012, 14:03
The lead investigator blew the case today. The basis of the 2nd degree murder charge was that Zimmerman started the fight. Under oath today, the investigator said he had no evidence that Zimmerman started the fight...or that Zimmerman didn't turn and go back to his car.

Makes one wonder why Zimmerman has been jailed and on trial.:dunno:

Doc44

DonGlock26
04-20-2012, 14:34
There is no probable cause to go to trial with. This should be thrown out of court at the preliminary exam stage.

-

czsmithGT
04-20-2012, 14:42
There is no probable cause to go to trial with. This should be thrown out of court at the preliminary exam stage.

-

There has never been anything presented by the State that would justify a second degree murder charge. Case should have been thrown out. I assume possibly they could have made a manslaughter charge with sufficient probable cause to proceed, but that isn't what they charged.

hyperstyx
04-20-2012, 14:52
My amazement at the inadequacy of the PC affidavit has shifted to disbelief following today's testimony of the lead investigator at the bond hearing. My initial impression that the PC was a collaboration between Walt Disney and Gumby appears to have been confirmed.

Just_plinking
04-20-2012, 14:58
It's funny to me how much browner the guy looked in the court room than in the media photos. This should never have been about race.

samurairabbi
04-20-2012, 15:05

-

A supplementary view on your statement: There is no probable cause to go to trial with THE MURDER TWO CHARGE. A manslaughter verdict may be possible if the prosecution can get its act in shape.

I believe the Murder Two charge was thrown into the mix in the prosecution hope to get a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict as a compromise verdict from a segmented jury.

Ruble Noon
04-20-2012, 15:12
It's funny to me how much browner the guy looked in the court room than in the media photos. This should never have been about race.

I noticed that too.

Snowman92D
04-20-2012, 15:26
The MSM's template in this affair is ALL about race and cultivating white guilt. Obama's upcoming election must be a referendum on racism in America, in some way or another. Clearly, Obama can't run on his record, and his pals in the MSM are working hard to shift the focus to something more favorable for him. If white people hadn't passed pro-gun and SYG laws, then wilding Hispanics like Zim wouldn't have been able to stalk and murder innocent black children with evil guns. :upeyes:

Goaltender66
04-20-2012, 16:33
A supplementary view on your statement: There is no probable cause to go to trial with THE MURDER TWO CHARGE. A manslaughter verdict may be possible if the prosecution can get its act in shape.

I believe the Murder Two charge was thrown into the mix in the prosecution hope to get a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict as a compromise verdict from a segmented jury.

Then that's unethical at the very least, and criminal at the worst. The prosecution is supposed to charge what they can prove, not overcharge and bully the defendant into a plea or manipulate the jury into a lesser conviction.

That the prosecutor didn't go with Manslaughter tells me they couldn't even prove that, and between their performance today and the surfacing of Zimmerman's photo, there's a lot to support the opinion that this is all politically motivated.

samurairabbi
04-20-2012, 17:02
Then that's unethical at the very least, and criminal at the worst. The prosecution is supposed to charge what they can prove, not overcharge and bully the defendant into a plea or manipulate the jury into a lesser conviction.

That the prosecutor didn't go with Manslaughter tells me they couldn't even prove that, and between their performance today and the surfacing of Zimmerman's photo, there's a lot to support the opinion that this is all politically motivated.

Isn't that a fundamental aspect of reality?; the 93% of prosecuting attorneys that react to political overtones of their cases will give them ALL a bad reputation!

I am exaggerating, of course ... or am I?

Wake_jumper
04-20-2012, 17:11

He's going to need a 24/7 armed guard too.

samurairabbi
04-20-2012, 17:18
He's going to need a 24/7 armed guard too.

If he can get the judge's approval to at least leave the county (and maybe even the state), he should be okay; sympathetic people with money will probably be interested in his case, now that it is so prominent. It will be interesting to see if those who want to harm him can find a path to hacking into his GPS monitering setup.

czsmithGT
04-20-2012, 17:23

Unethical, criminal and stupid. The prosecutorial trifecta, all likely driven by trying to placate the mob.

Con43
04-20-2012, 22:28
Makes one wonder why Zimmerman has been jailed and on trial.:dunno:

Doc44

Justice for Trayyyyyyvon.......:whistling::rofl::rofl:

winglock
04-21-2012, 00:08
Unethical, criminal and stupid. The prosecutorial trifecta, all likely driven by trying to placate the mob.

And the winner is.
This whole thing has and will be about placating the mob.

And again no one will stand up to the mob mentality.

snerd
04-21-2012, 00:11
If he can get the judge's approval to at least leave the county (and maybe even the state), he should be okay; sympathetic people with money will probably be interested in his case, now that it is so prominent. It will be interesting to see if those who want to harm him can find a path to hacking into his GPS monitering setup.
I figure it will be loose lips around the monitoring station. Everybody has their price, I hear.

kirgi08
04-21-2012, 00:12
delete.

kirgi08
04-21-2012, 00:13
And the winner is.
This whole thing has and will be about placating the mob.

And again no one will stand up to the mob mentality.

:agree: :goodpost:

hyperstyx
04-21-2012, 08:32
This case appears actionable and ripe for malicious prosecution, the elements for which are patently present.

JohnW1963
04-21-2012, 14:09
Just about everybody has hit the nail on the head. The Prosecutor should be disbarred. If this Judge has any balls he will dismiss the Second Degree Murder charge and grant the State leave to refile a Manslaughter charge - if they can even prove that. Total political hack job by the media and race-baiters like Jesse and Al.

Prosecutors have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence. This Prosecutor grossly mischaracterised evidence and withheld critical, exculpatory evidence in her affidavit. there is no room in a lawful society for such behavior. Just ask former, disbarred prosecutor Mike Nifong - al la the Duke fiasco of false, racially based charges.

samurairabbi
04-21-2012, 14:38
Prosecutors have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence. This Prosecutor grossly mischaracterised evidence and withheld critical, exculpatory evidence in her affidavit. there is no room in a lawful society for such behavior. Just ask former, disbarred prosecutor Mike Nifong - al la the Duke fiasco of false, racially based charges.

A subtle, yet important, detail: Prosecutors have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence AT THE DISCOVERY STAGE of preparation for trial; they are not required to lay out everything at the time the charge is filed. Nifong concealed all the stuff during discovery, and that created the buzzsaw that consumed him; if he had done his political posturing ONLY at charging time, he would have gotten off with a slap on the wrists.

It is acknowledged that, at charging time, a prosecution case is not yet fully developed, and many prosecutors will use that leeway to get in some political points in a prominent case such as this one.