Guess what if your one of the hundreds of thousands! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guess what if your one of the hundreds of thousands!

Gunnut 45/454
04-20-2012, 18:52
Yes hundred of thousands of the computers YOUR Government infected with a virus . You could loose your access to the web. Supposedly about a year ago the Feds put a virus out to infect computers that were being used to Hack the Pentagon. Alot of the compters were being used without the users knowing about it- a hacker infects your computer and uses it as a clone to launch attacks. Supposedly they create a safety network to allow your computer to still function but now they are going to shut that down. So if your computer was infected by the Gov virus your computer will nolonger be able to access the web. You have to go to DCWG.ORG to see if your computer was infected. But guess what I tried and like eveything else with the Obamamoa's Government IT DOESN'T WORK!!!:steamed:

Jonesee
04-20-2012, 19:01
The first clue this is bogus is that any site connected to the government is ".gov"

MadMonkey
04-20-2012, 19:17
That sounds highly questionable to me.

G-19
04-20-2012, 19:21
The first clue this is bogus is that any site connected to the government is ".gov"

You just had to go and ruin a good conspiracy.

Chronos
04-20-2012, 19:23
If you are even slightly worried about this type of thing, you should be running linux.

snerd
04-21-2012, 00:23
If you are even slightly worried about this type of thing, you should be running linux.
:wavey:

Toyman
04-21-2012, 05:17
Yes hundred of thousands of the computers YOUR Government infected with a virus .

Let me guess: You learned about this via an email that also asked you to forward it and tell everyone?

walt cowan
04-21-2012, 07:47
dear god! if that happened...83% of the nigerian gdp would disappear! madness! madness i say!!!

snerd
04-21-2012, 17:50
It's actually not a hoax, and instructions to clean your computer are here too.
The problem started when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world. In a highly unusual move, the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent Internet disruptions for those infected users. But that system will be shut down this summer.

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by a security partner that will inform them whether they're infected -- and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
http://www.king5.com/news/technology/Hundreds-of-thousands-may-lose-Internet-in-July-148294935.html

ETA: although not being able to connect to the Internet doesn't sound right. If anything, I would think infected computers would simply be blocked from connecting to .gov computers.