G19 v g26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 v g26

Bigwego101
04-20-2012, 19:29
I am looking to buy my first GLOCK and so far I now I want a 9mm and not too sure on which to get. It's going to be my carry so I know I want the 19 or 26. Anyone have any advice on which pros and cons or which might weigh me one way or the other?

Mas Ayoob
04-20-2012, 22:00
If CCW flexibility is the main priority, the G26 will be more concealable. It can be carried in a pocket holster in pants like Dockers or cargo pants, and is more amenable to an ankle holster than the G19, which of course is longer at butt and muzzle.

If you're looking for shooting characteristics, most folks find the G19 a better compromise. However, some of us have found the G26 amazingly accurate in speed shooting matches. I shot a couple of GSSF matches, Charleston last year and Clearwater this year, with a G26 and did better than my last couple of matches over the same course with a full size G17...go figure.

Best bet is to try both on the range, analyze your own wardrobe/dress code/concealment needs, and go with what the results tell you. Both are fine pistols.

best,
Mas

Bigwego101
04-20-2012, 22:11
Thanks man, but the problem is there is nowhere around here to just go to a range and shoot. We have an outdoor but it's BYOG so I would have to buy one first. I own and carry a Springfield XD9 right now but it's a little big. You think the 19 would conceal better than that?

Mas Ayoob
04-20-2012, 22:34
Unless your XD9 is a compact, the G19 will be distinctly shorter at the butt and about half an inch shorter up front. If you already have a full size 9 for general shooting and home defense, the little G26 will give you more options for CCW.

best,
Mas