Bank of America to McMillan: You are a gun company. Find a new bank. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bank of America to McMillan: You are a gun company. Find a new bank.

humanguerrilla
04-21-2012, 08:02
wow.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/

Their plan to move to a more second amendment friendly bank and stop accepting BOA cards if possible sounds like a prudent move.

JBnTX
04-21-2012, 08:32
wow.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/

Plan to move to a more second amendment friendly bank and stop accepting BOA cards if possible sounds like a prudent move.

Why?

Just because they booted McMillian, I should find another bank? I don't see the connection?

Plenty of business either don't allow firearms or don't want to support the firearms industry.

If I avoided them all or refused to buy their products, I could never leave my house and would probably starve to death.

How about we gun owners clean up our acts and earn the respect that we now think we can demand from society?

Start by shutting up idiots like Ted Nugent, obey the CCW laws and respect a property owners right to not allow firearms on his property, quit handing Uzi's to eight year old children and lose this idiotic SHTF and Zombie mentality.

This isn't about the second amendment or gun owners right, it's about America's perception of gun owners.

Sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemy.

aircarver
04-21-2012, 08:57
When a business screws me over, I return the favor.

lancesorbenson
04-21-2012, 09:59
Why?

Just because they booted McMillian, I should find another bank? I don't see the connection?

Plenty of business either don't allow firearms or don't want to support the firearms industry.

If I avoided them all or refused to buy their products, I could never leave my house and would probably starve to death.

How about we gun owners clean up our acts and earn the respect that we now think we can demand from society?

Start by shutting up idiots like Ted Nugent, obey the CCW laws and respect a property owners right to not allow firearms on his property, quit handing Uzi's to eight year old children and lose this idiotic SHTF and Zombie mentality.

This isn't about the second amendment or gun owners right, it's about America's perception of gun owners.

I think you are missing something. He said their plan to move to a more gun friendly bank sounds prudent. B of A doesn't want their business. And you launch into a diatribe against gun owners. Wut?

humanguerrilla
04-21-2012, 10:02
Why?

I personally will choose to not use them for anything because of this anti-gun political crap. I support a small local bank but still do business with some larger banks. No firearms signs at a store and I choose not shop there if possible. I respect their right and wouldn't carry there and wouldn't carry my money there. I will not support a war against my rights with my money.

I think it is naive to think that this isn't political discrimination and ongoing institutional culture war against our right. Bank of America seems to be following in line of the reported examples of Citi/First Data and others.

You allow institutions to hide behind the need to protect themselves from outdated and usually very misguided antigunner manufactured legal and pr arguments without taking any sort of hit, and we'll see how long it takes to spread. Those who hate the idea of the second amendment wouldn't need even a real mouth foaming, exaggerated Ted Nugent or hyperbole Uzi kids for anything then.

itstime
04-21-2012, 10:23
TBOA would rather do business with illegal immigrants than American manufacturing companies. This is what I gather from my readings over the past year.

JBnTX
04-21-2012, 11:37
I will not support a war against my rights with my money.

I think it is naive to think that this isn't political discrimination and ongoing institutional culture war against our right.

Those who hate the idea of the second amendment wouldn't need even a real mouth foaming, exaggerated Ted Nugent or hyperbole Uzi kids for anything then.

This has nothing to do with the second amendment, or your rights as a gun owner.

It's about the growing negative perception of the gun industry and the fear of litigation for even being connected to the gun industry.

Bank of America didn't give McMillan the boot because they're anti-gun, they did it out of a fear of being involved in a lawsuit against McMillan.

Firearms manufacturers are targets for the anti-gunners and many business's distance themselves from those targets as a matter of self-protection.

Gun owners must do everything possible to fight this growing problem. We can start by being careful, because every accidental discharge or death only worsens the problem.

That's what I meant by reference to the eight years old death, when he was handed a full auto Uzi and shot himself.

We can't fight this battle by running away from every business that pisses us off.
Do you really think they lose sleep over the loss of your business?

Bank of America is not the enemy, the anti-gunners are the enemy.

G29Reload
04-21-2012, 12:04

Utter nonsense.

WTF?

Look here, Sarah Brady, who says we have to "earn" our God Given natural and civil rights? Our rights WILL be respected, or else. Clean up our act? Who said it was dirty to begin with?

Start by shutting up idiots like Ted Nugent,

We need more people to start acting like Ted Nugent and not weak kneed liberals masquerading as gun lovers and infesting gun boards like the cancer they are.

obey the CCW laws

WTF says we aren't?

quit handing Uzi's to eight year old children

Uh, we don't.

and lose this idiotic SHTF and Zombie mentality.

You mean the sense of humor we have on the gun boards, or our loss of cognitive dissonance on the slippery slope issue we fight daily with regard to gun rights or that they may be needed for an extreme emergency that has every chance of happening considering current events?

Except it is and America, by the numbers is a gun loving nation. Businesses, especially ones that are subsidized by the public via our corrupt government, ought to watch their steps when discriminating against the law abiding. We'd be up in arms if a company was violating 1st amendment rights, why should we tolerate our other civil rights being violated?

No, we've got enough wolves in sheep's clothing to keep us busy.

G29Reload
04-21-2012, 12:08
It's about the growing negative perception of the gun industry and the fear of litigation for even being connected to the gun industry.

That perception is only in the minds of Handgun Control and their ilk. America has more gun owners than ever before.

Threats of litigation have receded since passage of a law awhile back that put the kabosh on frivolous lawsuits. Now all we need is a law against frivolous posters. Or stalking horses for gun control organizations on gun boards.

Banks and financiers like Cerebrus Capital Management have seen how wildly successful involvement in the gun business can be.

After reading the article, I have never seen such blatant anti gun bigotry in a long time. Won't be doing business with them, ever.

JBnTX
04-21-2012, 12:27
After reading the article, I have never seen such blatant anti gun bigotry in a long time. Won't be doing business with them, ever.

No matter what you think, the problem does exist and it's getting worse, not better.

I'm sure Bank of America will mourn the loss of your business.

As for me, I'll still do business with Bank of America and I'll fight the REAL enemies of the second amendment whenever I can.

Ruble Noon
04-21-2012, 12:37
No matter what you think, the problem does exist and it's getting worse, not better.

I'm sure Bank of America will mourn the loss of your business.

As for me, I'll still do business with Bank of America and I'll fight the REAL enemies of the second amendment whenever I can.

Glad to know that you won't be voting for the anti-gun Romney.

JBnTX
04-21-2012, 12:40
Glad to know that you won't be voting for the anti-gun Romney.

I see what you did there.:rofl:

TheJ
04-21-2012, 13:02
I won't do business with B of A.

azatrox
04-21-2012, 13:09
TBOA would rather do business with illegal immigrants than American manufacturing companies. This is what I gather from my readings over the past year.

This.
I stopped doing business with Bank One (now Chase) years ago for the same reason.

Gundude
04-21-2012, 14:49
wow.

Their plan to move to a more second amendment friendly bank and stop accepting BOA cards if possible sounds like a prudent move.If BoA wants to show their customers the door, I say have at it. I stopped doing business with them several years ago for many reasons unrelated to guns. They have nothing but disdain for all their customers, not just the ones they show to the door.

But I won't refuse money from my customers just because they're paying with a BoA credit card. Even if they flaunted pro-Romney, anti-gun slogans all day, I'd still take their money, thank you very much.

BobbyT
04-21-2012, 15:28
Do those who enjoy exercising the 1st Amendment also need to "clean up their act" and walk on eggshells to garner favor from control freaks?

Sounds like it's a good time to post an updated version of the list of companies known to be anti-gun, so we can adjust our spending accordingly.

G29Reload
04-21-2012, 16:15
Do those who enjoy exercising the 1st Amendment also need to "clean up their act" and walk on eggshells to garner favor from control freaks?

Sounds like it's a good time to post an updated version of the list of companies known to be anti-gun, so we can adjust our spending accordingly.

THIS.

Clean up my act, my A**

G29Reload
04-21-2012, 16:18

It exists in your mind and in the mind of sycophants and tools of Brady org who think exercising your rights under God and Constitution require their scrutiny and approval.

Telling someone you don't want their perfectly legal business which even has its own amendment is no different than telling someone you don't want their business because they worship at a certain church. Or have a certain skin color.

Bren
04-21-2012, 16:21
Why?

There are plenty of banks out there - it's more like choosing all of the other fast food places and skipping McDonald's, if they went anti-gun.

Imagine the reaction if a bank said "we don't want your business because of your public speech on political issues or because of your religion?

JBnTX
04-21-2012, 18:20
It exists in your mind and in the mind of sycophants and tools of Brady org who think exercising your rights under God and Constitution require their scrutiny and approval.

I don't think you have any idea of the point I was trying to make.

That's my fault for not communicating it better.

This issue is not about your God given rights or about Bank of America being anti-gun.

wjv
04-23-2012, 11:20

What planet are you living on. . .

More gun owners than before
More CCW than ever before
Sarah Brady Inc is almost bankrupt
Democrats running away from the gun control issue.
Judges ruling FOR the Constitution

wjv
04-23-2012, 11:24

Your wrong. .

But you are living up to the descriptor in your avatar.

Cavalry Doc
04-23-2012, 11:36
http://michellemalkin.com/2007/02/13/bank-of-illegal-aliens-in-america/

Haven't used BOA for years. For all you Vets (or children of Vets), you might want to look into USAA, much better service, and a healthy bottom line.

syntaxerrorsix
04-23-2012, 13:04

Haven't used BOA for years. For all you Vets (or children of Vets), you might want to look into USAA, much better service, and a healthy bottom line.

I've been with USAA for almost 20 years now.

Insurance, checking and saving.

I have had zero issues. I highly recommend them.

Jonesee
04-23-2012, 19:35
I don't know if BOA is anti-gun or not.

What I do know is that it is rare for a large bank to make a political statement for all the publicity reasons the posters above me have noted.

What I also know:
When banks provide financing instruments to corporations like capital loans, wholesale lines and Revolving Lines of Credit (RLOC), they often come with covenants. Those covenants can dictate minimal capitalization levels, limits to withdrawals from principals of the corporation, cash flow and liquidity benchmarks, etc.. You get the idea.

If any of these covenants are broken, the bank has the contractual right to close the lines or default the notes. Even if the notes are being paid in a timely manner. The covenants are in place to protect the collateral of the financing instruments.

What no one knows is the bank's side of this story. It could be the bank learned of a violation of the covenants, or possibly something else that materially effected the risk of the loans. It could also be as simple as the loans were up for renewal and the bank and customer couldn't agree on the new terms or pricing.

In spite of common perception, a bank does not lightly close lines of credit down. When that happens they open themselves up for lender liability lawsuits that are very expensive to defend and even more expensive if they lose the case. They make sure there is a sound reason and all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted before taking that kind of action.

And privacy laws prevent the bank from commenting on why they took the action they did. They have no ability to defend themselves in public unless it goes to court.

The fact there is no note of a lawsuit pending or being prepared by McMillan tends to make believe the bank was on sound footing.

I know that takes the highly inflammatory political rhetoric out of the equation, but it is a look at what happens behind the scenes.

BLACKMAGICK
04-23-2012, 19:43
I don't know if BOA is anti-gun or not.

What I do know is that it is rare for a large bank to make a political statement for all the publicity reasons the posters above me have noted.

What I also know:
When banks provide financing instruments to corporations like capital loans, wholesale lines and Revolving Lines of Credit (RLOC), they often come with covenants. Those covenants can dictate minimal capitalization levels, limits to withdrawals from principals of the corporation, cash flow and liquidity benchmarks, etc.. You get the idea.

If any of these covenants are broken, the bank has the contractual right to close the lines or default the notes. Even if the notes are being paid in a timely manner. The covenants are in place to protect the collateral of the financing instruments.

What no one knows is the bank's side of this story. It could be the bank learned of a violation of the covenants, or possibly something else that materially effected the risk of the loans. It could also be as simple as the loans were up for renewal and the bank and customer couldn't agree on the new terms or pricing.

In spite of common perception, a bank does not lightly close lines of credit down. When that happens they open themselves up for lender liability lawsuits that are very expensive to defend and even more expensive if they lose the case. They make sure there is a sound reason and all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted before taking that kind of action.

And privacy laws prevent the bank from commenting on why they took the action they did. They have no ability to defend themselves in public unless it goes to court.

The fact there is no note of a lawsuit pending or being prepared by McMillan tends to make believe the bank was on sound footing.

I know that takes the highly inflammatory political rhetoric out of the equation, but it is a look at what happens behind the scenes in business.

Yes it does...but I was so enjoying the ass whuppin'... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::supergrin:

Snowman92D
04-23-2012, 19:57

Thanks for this, Doc. :thumbsup:

juggy4711
04-23-2012, 20:49

Wish I had received that advice 5 years ago.

What planet are you (JBnTX) living on...

I don't think JB even lives in the same galaxy we do much less on the same planet.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 21:50
JB posting from his bubble on the moon again

BoA are crooks, i left years ago when they told me it was a $10 fee to do business inside if that business could be handled at the ATM outside. I said give me my money.

Stubudd
04-23-2012, 21:53
Wish I had received that advice 5 years ago.

I don't think JB even lives in the same galaxy we do much less on the same planet.

lol, i hadn't even read the other comments on JB posting from outer space when i wrote mine. I think it's this galaxy but a parallel universe. He's a progressive conservative- that's not possible unless he's stuck in some kind of parallel universe. Somehow he's bridging to this universe sometimes with his computer, it's amazing.

juggy4711
04-23-2012, 22:05
lol, i hadn't even read the other comments on JB posting from outer space when i wrote mine. I think it's this galaxy but a parallel universe. He's a progressive conservative- that's not possible unless he's stuck in some kind of parallel universe. Somehow he's bridging to this universe sometimes with his computer, it's amazing.

I can't even go so far as to say he is a conservative of any kind. As far as I am concerned progressive conservative isn't a legitimate classification. To me a progressive conservative is nothing but a fascist statist in denial.

Stubudd
04-24-2012, 00:32
I can't even go so far as to say he is a conservative of any kind. As far as I am concerned progressive conservative isn't a legitimate classification. To me a progressive conservative is nothing but a fascist statist in denial.

lol, yea, that was point

stevelyn
04-24-2012, 06:44
Originally Posted by JBnTX

Yeah, like the traitors in our ranks that want to play nice with the enemy.

I'm happy with my regional credit union. I don't need to bank with a DSMF bank.

callihan_44
04-24-2012, 09:08
I only bank with small locally owned banks

Jonesee
04-26-2012, 18:11
Yeah, like the traitors in our ranks that want to play nice with the enemy.

I'm happy with my regional credit union. I don't need to bank with a DSMF bank.

Go tell your credit union, you need a $7 mil. line of credit for your company for capital improvements, equipment and payroll cash flow and tell us how you come out.

The credit union may handle your needs, but they can't handle the needs of medium and larger sized businesses.

Jonesee
04-26-2012, 18:13
dbl post