Real smart people. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Real smart people.

okie
04-21-2012, 09:47
The Chinese Government is supposedly repressing Tibetan, Buddhists so what do the Tibetans do, they set them selves on fire. Oh yea that's the way to show those pesky Chinese:rofl::rofl::rofl:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/china/Two-Tibetans-set-themselves-on-fire-Report/articleshow/12809299.cms

dango
04-21-2012, 10:05
That will leave a hell of a smudge ! Now someone got to clean it up.
That will learn them.

Rabbi
04-21-2012, 10:11
Okie, think about it this way...some things are so out there (such as self immolation) that even a person in Oklahoma now knows about the plight of Tibetan Buddhists...and wants to talk about it.

As crazy as it sounds...it worked.

Hines57
04-21-2012, 10:12
Not funny. Learn something about the culture.

Not the way I would want to get attention, but it does get attention when they do it.

okie
Okie, think about it this way...some things are so out there (such as self immolation) that even a person in Oklahoma now knows about the plight of Tibetan Buddhists...and wants to talk about it.

Well said, my friend:supergrin:

Never Nervous
How can they afford to? Imagine the price of gas in Tibet?

NN

badge315
04-21-2012, 10:32
Frankly, I don't know how they manage not to immediately start rolling around on the ground yelling "oww, hot hot hot hot!"

Dennis in MA
04-21-2012, 10:55
Google Bobby Sands.

ddbtoth
04-21-2012, 12:08
Google Bobby Sands.

What's the last thing to go through Bobby Sand's mind?

"Gee, I could have had a V-8!"

jtull7
04-21-2012, 12:19
Okie, the cultural differences between Tibet and China are profound and have lasted for thousands of years. The differences are inexplicable to most Westerners, including the reason why a Tibetan would choose self-immolation as a political protest.

BTW, Muslims have been living in Tibet since as early as the 8th or 9th century, and Christians have been living in Tibet since 1256.

OMEGA5
04-21-2012, 13:02

Worked in Vietnam didn't Rabbi? Cover of LIFE and
front page of every rag in the world for weeks.
Dano :harley:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/omega5m14/fire5e2.jpg

tous
04-21-2012, 14:34
Worked in Vietnam didn't Rabbi? Cover of LIFE and
front page of every rag in the world for weeks.
Dano :harley:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/omega5m14/fire5e2.jpg

This came to my mind right away as well.
At the time, the Buddhists of Vietnam and Southeast Asia were being persecuted as if they were European Jews in Berlin in 1939.

They were between a rock (the communists of the North) and a hard place (the Catholic-dominated, corrupt pseudo-democracy of the South) and in the overall scheme of things, the problem of a relatively few Buddhists didn't amount to a hill of beans.