Spring cleaning. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning.

okie
04-21-2012, 15:21
Been doing some spring cleaning today. Turn up I am a Pack Rat and I know I need to get rid of some stuff but just cant get my self convinced to throw some of the stuff away. I guess I need to attend a Pack Rats anonymous meeting or two. Anyone else have this problem:headscratch::embarassed:

Gregg702
04-21-2012, 15:23
Watch a few episodes of "Hoarders". It will make you want to clear out the stuff you don't need.

exmdshooter
04-21-2012, 16:07
Yeah... I've got the same problem. Not to a "Hoarders" level, but I do have a lot of "stuff" I don't need and will probably never use. Tried to sell some of the more valuable stuff on Craig's List but was beseiged by a-holes. Other stuff isn't trash, but I don't know where to get rid of it, and don't want to just throw it away.

Gregg702
04-21-2012, 16:09
Yeah... I've got the same problem. Not to a "Hoarders" level, but I do have a lot of "stuff" I don't need and will probably never use. Tried to sell some of the more valuable stuff on Craig's List but was beseiged by a-holes. Other stuff isn't trash, but I don't know where to get rid of it, and don't want to just throw it away.
You could always donate stuff to the Salvation Army. It is a tax write off, and will do some good for someone.

Jon_R
04-22-2012, 15:34
I don't hold on to much at all. When my wife left what remained I started organizing and pitching a lot of stuff. My two front rooms the formal dining room and formal living room are completely empty. I have a few shelves in the kitchen cabinets that are just empty. My family picks on me over it but the house will be how I like it. :) I am not going to buy stuff I don't need just to fill up rooms or cabinets. Large empty space I like. To much stuff disorganized and I feel like the walls are closing in on me and that the stuff will end up burying me if not kept in check. Whoever is next in my life better be able to accept how I like my house.... :whistling:

I have a lot of gun stuff but even then I don't keep pieces and parts I am not pretty sure I will have a use for. A few cases on M193 I will always have a use for. :cool: