Turbo charged grilled cheese sammich. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Turbo charged grilled cheese sammich.

okie
04-21-2012, 17:45
I made home made Mac and Cheese for supper also I made a grilled cheese sammich. Wal Mart sells a garlic, Parmesan cheese Italian bread and I used that and I put on some of that Havarti cheese and I put on some chopped Cilantro and Serrano peppers. Oh my God I out did my self on the grilled cheese sammich:eat:

Gregg702
04-21-2012, 17:47
Sounds awesome. I wish my stomach got along better with dairy products.

BobbyT
04-21-2012, 17:48
I figured the turbocharged part would refer to the cooking method, like spreading tannerite on the outside or something...

Gregg702
04-21-2012, 17:52
I figured the turbocharged part would refer to the cooking method, like spreading tannerite on the outside or something...
Thermite butter?

okie
04-21-2012, 18:08

They're turbo charged because they had some bite to them:eat:

okie
04-21-2012, 18:09
Sounds awesome. I wish my stomach got along better with dairy products.

I'm sorry to hear that my friend:sadangel:

okie
04-21-2012, 18:09
Thermite butter?

Great Value butter:supergrin:

Greatscott
04-21-2012, 18:12
Is that bread made in China?:supergrin:

MadMonkey
04-21-2012, 18:27
I use thick Gouda slices with some parmesan and oregano sprinkled on. Both sides of the sammich have to be buttered as well.

I think I've said this before... or they changed something in the Matrix...

okie
04-21-2012, 18:31
I use thick Gouda slices with some parmesan and oregano sprinkled on. Both sides of the sammich have to be buttered as well.

I think I've said this before... or they changed something in the Matrix...

That would be awesome with the oregano, I'll try that next time:eat:

Algaroth
04-21-2012, 18:42
Make the grilled cheese like this:

Butter the bread (of course)
Spread a hefty amount of cream cheese on one
Add diced jalapenos
Grill and eat

It's fantastic. It's basically a giant jalapeno popper.

MadMonkey
04-21-2012, 19:24

Add diced jalapenos
Grill and eat

I just had a heavy breakfast, and that STILL made my mouth water :shocked:

Kevin108
04-21-2012, 19:38
My girl made us grilled cheese sloppy joes the other night. Way messier but not bad at all!

Bruce M
04-21-2012, 19:40
That does sound very good.

volky
04-21-2012, 19:54
They're turbo charged because they had some bite to them:eat:

They may bite on the way out!!

mundanenoodle
04-21-2012, 20:05
So I just did this the other day, it is very good! Put a pat of real butter in the pan, when melted sprinkle salt in the butter. Grill your bread on both sides (yes both sides). Add a good melting cheese and a little hard cheese, like parm or what ever you like. Add a little pressure to the sandwich until golden brown and enjoy! Also grilled PB and J is awesome!

I have heard that apple slices in the grilled cheese is good, but have not tried that yet.

okie
04-21-2012, 23:10
Is that bread made in China?:supergrin:

I couldn't see where it was made my friend:embarassed:

okie
04-21-2012, 23:11

Add diced jalapenos
Grill and eat

I know that would be wonderful my friend:eat:

okie
04-21-2012, 23:13
So I just did this the other day, it is very good! Put a pat of real butter in the pan, when melted sprinkle salt in the butter. Grill your bread on both sides (yes both sides). Add a good melting cheese and a little hard cheese, like parm or what ever you like. Add a little pressure to the sandwich until golden brown and enjoy! Also grilled PB and J is awesome!

I have heard that apple slices in the grilled cheese is good, but have not tried that yet.

that does sound good my friend:eat:

Folsom_Prison
04-21-2012, 23:13
Sheesh okie whatever happend with some butter, bread and good ol American cheese. That's how I roll. :)

okie
04-21-2012, 23:16
Sheesh okie whatever happend with some butter, bread and good ol American cheese. That's how I roll. :)

I roll different than others my friend:supergrin::rofl:

Chowdadi
04-22-2012, 00:20
I roll different than others my friend:supergrin::rofl:

That's one of the interesting things about you Okie. You have a great imagination when it comes to food preparation. You seem to have a real sense of how to create a really tasty meal. I, on the other hand, just grab whatever is in the refrigerator/freezer.

I'm a bit surprised that you're not in the food biz.

okie
04-22-2012, 00:28
That's one of the interesting things about you Okie. You have a great imagination when it comes to food preparation. You seem to have a real sense of how to create a really tasty meal. I, on the other hand, just grab whatever is in the refrigerator/freezer.

I've had a few people tell me I should be:supergrin:

Peace Warrior
04-22-2012, 00:31
My girl made us grilled cheese sloppy joes the other night. Way messier but not bad at all!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM grilled cheese sloppy joes.

Huglaraglraeheural :homer:

Peace Warrior
04-22-2012, 00:33

I NEVER buy cooking crap off the tv ads, but as soon as the Mayor makes an info-mercial for a food thingamajig, I am so there! :supergrin:

jp3975
04-22-2012, 01:39

Add diced jalapenos
Grill and eat

Sounds great. Im trying that.

I do something similar...but i wrap the cream cheese, jalapenos, and shrimp with bacon and cook it over charcoal.

byf43
04-22-2012, 04:42

Add diced jalapenos
Grill and eat

Wow!!!! That sounds delicious!!!!!

My wife occasionally will add slices of pepperoni or salami inside the grilled cheese sandwich.
I coerce her into putting a big slice of tomato inside, too.

NEOH212
04-22-2012, 05:01
I made home made Mac and Cheese for supper also I made a grilled cheese sammich. Wal Mart sells a garlic, Parmesan cheese Italian bread and I used that and I put on some of that Havarti cheese and I put on some chopped Cilantro and Serrano peppers. Oh my God I out did my self on the grilled cheese sammich:eat:

Make me one too! I'll be right over! That just sounds yummy! :eat:

razageorge
04-22-2012, 06:44
Okie, when was the last time you had your cholesterol checked?

Not trying to be the guy that pees on the parade but you don't post a whole lot of "I just ate the best light salad" topics.

Just had mine done and my numbers are whack even though I don't eat a whole lot of crap! Gotta keep the heart strong brother.

DoubleWide
04-22-2012, 08:31
I read Mac and Cheese and thought you made a grilled mac and cheese sandwich. Now, I might have to try that. I'm thinking it'll be too much starch. Maybe add some bacon to it.

Glockdude1
04-22-2012, 08:46

Add Sargento Provolone to your next grilled cheese Okie!!
http://www.sargento.com/media/product/front/00123-8ozDSPrvln_CropTransShad.png
Makes a good grilled cheese, great!!

:eat:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:21
I NEVER buy cooking crap off the tv ads, but as soon as the Mayor makes an info-mercial for a food thingamajig, I am so there! :supergrin:

Damn, thanks my friend:supergrin:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:22
Sounds great. Im trying that.

I do something similar...but i wrap the cream cheese, jalapenos, and shrimp with bacon and cook it over charcoal.

Oh my God I bet that's awesome my friend:eat::faint:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:23
Make me one too! I'll be right over! That just sounds yummy! :eat:

They disappeared my friend, sorry:embarassed::eat:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:24
Okie, when was the last time you had your cholesterol checked?

Not trying to be the guy that pees on the parade but you don't post a whole lot of "I just ate the best light salad" topics.

Just had mine done and my numbers are whack even though I don't eat a whole lot of crap! Gotta keep the heart strong brother.

I do eat salads I just don't post much about them:supergrin:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:25
I read Mac and Cheese and thought you made a grilled mac and cheese sandwich. Now, I might have to try that. I'm thinking it'll be too much starch. Maybe add some bacon to it.

Bacon would be awesome also:eat:

okie
04-22-2012, 09:26
Add Sargento Provolone to your next grilled cheese Okie!!
http://www.sargento.com/media/product/front/00123-8ozDSPrvln_CropTransShad.png
Makes a good grilled cheese, great!!

:eat:
Been there done that and you are right my friend:supergrin: