Get Nugent off the NRA Board [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Get Nugent off the NRA Board

Pages : [1] 2

jutland
04-22-2012, 05:56
Given his questionable statements, and his "strectching" of game laws, Ted should go. Send a simple email to your NRA field rep asking the NRA to do something to distance itself from the Nuge. This years NRA convention was the best ever, until Ted opened his mouth.

We now have a "spokesman" that has special friends in the secret service, and can't hunt on federal land, or in Alaska, for the next year.

A distraction and liability we don't need in 2012. Maybe he can insult stay at home moms next.

Bill Keith
04-22-2012, 06:48
He needs to get his mania under control:wow:

MtBaldy
04-22-2012, 07:05
Email sent supporting "Uncle Ted". Thanks for the heads up.

John Galt
04-22-2012, 07:10

:rofl:

jhoagland
04-22-2012, 07:20

Ditto!

silentpoet
04-22-2012, 07:38
I do think his support of Romney is indeed outrageous and must be addressed.

mrmedina
04-22-2012, 07:41

:thumbsup:

58duck
04-22-2012, 07:44
when Ted Nugent leaves the NRA . . . so do I

Arc Angel
04-22-2012, 07:49
Personally, I'd be more than grateful if I never had to hear another one of Ted's, 'songs' again as long as I live. Other than that, I agree with you. I've long believed the guy to be a media shill. (Wouldn't be the first time the NRA's board has pulled such a stunt.) ;)

UnjollyRoger
04-22-2012, 07:53
The NRA is too compromising now, they want "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to.

I won't send them my money, let alone an email about one of their members.

JBnTX
04-22-2012, 07:54
The supporters of "Uncle Ted" need to step back and take a look at how he's being viewed by the non-shooting public.

They say perception is reality! If that's true then Ted Nugent must go.
He's doing more harm than good to our cause.

You say you don't care what the non-shooting public thinks and you have a God given right to own a gun, but just remember it's the non-shooting public that's voting all these anti-gun politicians into office.

We must win the non-shooting public's confidence and support if we are
to keep our firearms in this country.

Big mouth Ted Nugent is doing nothing to help us fight the battles that
matter most.

cowboywannabe
04-22-2012, 08:00
only the close minded dolts who wouldnt go shooting anyway would "judge" the rest of the NRA or gun owners this way.

the ones "on the fence" if they really are "on the fence" have enough sense to know you cant judge an entire segment of the population by its leader, hell look at obama!

JBnTX
04-22-2012, 08:09
only the close minded dolts who wouldnt go shooting anyway would "judge" the rest of the NRA or gun owners this way.

the ones "on the fence" if they really are "on the fence" have enough sense to know you cant judge an entire segment of the population by its leader, hell look at obama!

Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year.

A smart gun owner would be very interested in what they think.

jbutenhoff
04-22-2012, 08:11

+1!

If we don't stand behind our outspoken champions of the cause soon no one will stand up at all...

cowboywannabe
04-22-2012, 08:14
Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year.

those close minded dolts dont care what anybody else thinks. you could slap them in the face with the bible of gun rights and they wouldnt care.

ray9898
04-22-2012, 08:33
Nothing new....gun owners have been their own worst enemy for a long time. Many are portraying themself in a way that really turns everyone else off. Latching onto a poacher who is now making wild vieled threats about the upcoming election is not surprising.

tongix
04-22-2012, 08:34
I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. THe man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.

ridethelink
04-22-2012, 08:35

What he said.

panzer1
04-22-2012, 09:11
The supporters of "Uncle Ted" need to step back and take a look at how he's being viewed by the non-shooting public.

You say you don't care what the non-shooting public thinks and you have a God given right to own a gun, but just remember it's the non-shooting public that's voting all these anti-gun politicians into office.

matter most.

..Well then if "perception is reality" as you say then we should just hang Zimmerman now.:upeyes:

kirgi08
04-22-2012, 09:16

:supergrin:

Ditto!

Agreed.

We got no choice the one must go,I'm not a mittens fan.

:thumbsup:

x2

Never did,saw the pattern developing.

The NRA is too compromising now, they want "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to.

Hammer meet nail.

matter most.

The COTUS is not up for debate,it's the law.Some folk lose sight of that.

The COTUS is not up for debate,it's the law.Some folk lose sight of that.

+1!

If we don't stand behind our outspoken champions of the cause soon no one will stand up at all...

Agreed.

those close minded dolts don't care what anybody else thinks. you could slap them in the face with the bible of gun rights and they wouldn't care.

Pretty much.

Nothing new....gun owners have been their own worst enemy for a long time. Many are portraying them self in a way that really turns everyone else off. Latching onto a poacher who is now making wild vieled threats about the upcoming election is not surprising.

Sorry the COTUS defines our "Laws",it's quite clear.

I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. The man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. I'm glad i wasn't a member of this organization only once did i send $25 in 1996.

I saw the mealy mouth NRA for what it was back then,and bought ammo and food.

Folks the NRA has negotiated us into a box.'08.

cphilip
04-22-2012, 09:16
While I love a guy who says what he thinks as much as the next guy, Ted does not exactly fit the main stream. Great for him but... he has more skeletons in his closet as than anyone I want representing me anymore. He can talk all he wants buts I am not for providing him a open platform. He needs to tighten up his own act before he mouths off about stuff. Ted, I love ya man but... sheesh your making it hard to defend you sometimes.

panzer1
04-22-2012, 09:18
I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. THe man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.Really then give up your guns then!! Because if it was not for the NRA you & I would not have any! Wake up!

Diesel McBadass
04-22-2012, 09:22
The guy admittd to poaching, a crime. If any gt member came on here and said "hey i went poaching it was sweet" wed all shun them and call them an idiot but since its nugent everbody wants to support him?

itstime
04-22-2012, 09:29
+1!

Hear hear.

tongix
04-22-2012, 09:42
He gambled and knew all along he committed a game violation . Alaska is very strict in their game laws like Calfornia. They guard our last frontier wildlife. Im glad they went with it no matter who you are, everyone must follow the rules of the game. Ted, time for you to be ashame and follow like anyone else. Being in the NRA boards is not a passport for game violation.

G36's Rule
04-22-2012, 09:46

derp!

El_Ron1
04-22-2012, 09:53
Get Nugent off the NRA Board

Boo hoo...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r125/alexcathy/cindy.jpg

Zell
04-22-2012, 09:55
Keep Ted. The NRA leadersip is too stuffy and needs someone who lightens things up a bit from time to time.

Fred Hansen
04-22-2012, 09:56

A smart gun owner would be very interested in what they think.Says the guy voting for Mittens.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

G36's Rule
04-22-2012, 10:00
The guy admittd to poaching, a crime. If any gt member came on here and said "hey i went poaching it was sweet" wed all shun them and call them an idiot but since its nugent everbody wants to support him?

Meh, more drama...

Nugent shot at a bear and "touched" it with an arrow. The bear wasn't mortally wounded, but according to a new law, if your arrow even touches the animal it is now part of your bag limit. Nugent was not aware of the changed law.

Stupid law, but Nugent would have never even been looked at if he hadn't put the footage on his show. That tells me he didn't know it was illegal to shoot the second bear and transport it.

No excuse and he is owning up to it. Some of you are so fair weather I would hate to have you on a jury. Just blow whichever way the wind goes...

But I'm pretty sure that most that are barking about this don't hunt anyway, and have never dealt with the obscurity of game laws.

tongix
04-22-2012, 10:07
Im sure Alaska officials would have given him a warning or pass but it s on video. He has shown it on public audience. If they let it go, they be hypocritical. Others follow the rules and everyone should be. They have no recourse but to take action. Ted is no exception, just unlucky. Bad timing and bad action and bad ending.

Rinspeed
04-22-2012, 10:14

Ditto. :thumbsup:

SPIN2010
04-22-2012, 10:20

Agreed. If I remember correctly It was Mr. Nugent that said:

What is it about illegal that you do not understand?

Since he has now admitted and attained that illegal position, how can he speak on anything legal again?

rhikdavis
04-22-2012, 10:28
Nugent was not aware of the changed law.

I like Nuge, but that's a piss poor excuse that doesn't carry any weight.

mrdinks
04-22-2012, 10:29
I am a union man and pay my dues. Every once in a while we have a person who wants the benefits the union offers but are to cheap to pay the dues. We call that person a scab.
If you own a gun and enjoy your Second Amendment freedom you should not be bad mouthing the NRA.
I am a life member and proud of it.
We fight every day to protect our freedoms and if it was not for the NRA I guarantee you we would have none.
Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk 2

bmoore
04-22-2012, 10:30

:upeyes:Oh geez, anything to justify not parting with like 30 bucks a year huh guy? Do us a favor and sell your guns, we dont need anymore freeloaders riding our coattails.

Arc Angel
04-22-2012, 10:33
The supporters of "Uncle Ted" need to step back and take a look at how he's being viewed by the non-shooting public. They say perception is reality! If that's true then Ted Nugent must go. He's doing more harm than good to our cause.

We must win the non-shooting public's confidence and support if we are to keep our firearms in this country. Big mouth Ted Nugent is doing nothing to help us fight the battles that matter most.

Yes, that's pretty clear thinking. I guess you realize that you're going to have to be in the minority, now - Right! ;)

The NRA is too compromising now. They want, "cooperation" with the government instead of actually fighting for your rights like they used to. I won't send them my money, let alone an email about one of their members.

If I were, say, a really smart filthy rich international financier, first thing I'd do is buy myself the leadership of some dufus gun owners' organization like the NRA. I mean, think of the possibilities! You could lead a bunch of gullible naive and unsuspecting, 'gun bozos' around all day long as if they had rings in their noses! America's gun owners would already be beaten at their own game; and they wouldn't even realize it! (But I would only do something like this IF I were a really smart filthy rich international financier - OK.) :supergrin:

The American people didn't elect Barak Obama as President of the United States - The anachronistic Electoral College, 'gifted' us with Obama's presence.

Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year. A smart gun owner would be very interested in what they think.

Which is one of the main reasons, 'Why' we should all be very careful about wiping other people's face with our own ill-conceived open carry sentiments. The only thing the vast majority of people are going to see is a MAN WITH A GUN, and not a patriot. ;)

those close minded dolts dont care what anybody else thinks. you could slap them in the face with the bible of gun rights and they wouldnt care.

Like it or not other people with whom you disagree aren't, 'dolts'. They're your fellow citizens with thoughts and opinions of their own. Showing the, 'commuter dads' and, 'soccer moms' a little more consideration and respect might just garner more support for our own position, too.

Nothing new....gun owners have been their own worst enemy for a long time. Many are portraying themself in a way that really turns everyone else off. Latching onto a poacher who is now making wild vieled threats about the upcoming election is not surprising.

And you, Sir, are a wise man! :thumbsup:

(Is life really as lonely at the top as they say?)

I do believe he needs to go . But the NRA is happy to have a guy around who can twist the laws to his liking. Anyway he paid the fine and he got more money even to his grave. He got publicity be it bad or good. THe man is a maverick bearing the logo of NRA. Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.

I wish I could say that; but the truth is I've belonged to far too many gun clubs during my life, and was forced to join the NRA at an early age. (Then along came the 1977, 'Cincinnati Revolt'; and I quickly discovered what a stupid stupid mistake I'd made!)

voyager4520
04-22-2012, 10:39
He goes a little overboard sometimes but I'd rather he stay on the NRA board. Anyone who would be dissuaded by his comments is likely already anti-gun and words aren't going to change their mind anyway.

Many causes often defeat themselves by giving in to political correctness.

Glockdude1
04-22-2012, 10:53

Ditto!

+1!

Ditto. :thumbsup:

:agree:

hogfish
04-22-2012, 10:54
Given his questionable statements, and his "strectching" of game laws, Ted should go. Send a simple email to your NRA field rep asking the NRA to do something to distance itself from the Nuge. This years NRA convention was the best ever, until Ted opened his mouth.

We now have a "spokesman" that has special friends in the secret service, and can't hunt on federal land, or in Alaska, for the next year.

A distraction and liability we don't need in 2012. Maybe he can insult stay at home moms next.

What did Ted say? :dunno:

kirgi08
04-22-2012, 11:10
:agree:

Youse asleep.'08. :dunno:

ColdSteelNail
04-22-2012, 11:14
I don't want a hate filled loud mouth speaking for me. Ted should go.

Diesel McBadass
04-22-2012, 11:25
What did Ted say? :dunno:

Said something along the lines of "if obamas re-elected this time next year ill be dead or in jail."

Pretty stupid thing to say

KalashniKEV
04-22-2012, 11:44
I'm convinced that Nugent is a fifth columnist.

zoyter2
04-22-2012, 12:14
Sorry. Unlike many here on GT, it takes more than fame, wealth and popularity to make me hit my knees and pucker up and kiss ass. I am old enough to remember Chas. Askins and how everyone ended up scrambling to distance themselves when he finally went to far.

Nugent need to go. Some of you guys really need to re-examine your criteria for hero worship. If Nugent is the best you can do, sorry for ya!

hogfish
04-22-2012, 12:15
Said something along the lines of "if obamas re-elected this time next year ill be dead or in jail."

Damn, what a dumbass! :wow:

NewWaveGuy
04-22-2012, 12:19

Sounds about right...

UnjollyRoger
04-22-2012, 13:09
:upeyes:Oh geez, anything to justify not parting with like 30 bucks a year huh guy? Do us a favor and sell your guns, we dont need anymore freeloaders riding our coattails.

I'll do you one better.

I gave $1,000 to the Gun Owners of America just for my initial membership, and I continue to pay a subsequent $50 a month to remain part of it.

How's that grab your coattails, huh guy?

UnjollyRoger
04-22-2012, 13:13
Hammer meet nail.

Wood meet chainsaw.

3000fps
04-22-2012, 13:14
A family friend is in a high position of government. She is a Democrat and the NRA gave her money for her election fund. She is pro Gun.

jutland
04-22-2012, 13:20
I just must be missing something. I am a life member of the NRA, have volunteered time and money, which every member should do, and consider myself "all in" for the election.

How can you defend his comments that intrigued the secret service, or his poaching? If he was a normal joe, it wouldn't matter, but he is a fricking board member, and a very good business person.

As spokesperson for a gun group and hunters, you don't

A. Make any statement that can ever be seen as potentially threatening to a president.

B. Poach.

If you do, you recognize that your a distraction, fall on your sword, and resign. Come back in a year or two when all is forgiven.

When I left the NRA convention, I thought he might be an asset. When I opened the paper later last week and then saw his comments I was stunned. The Alaska poaching thing is just mindboggling.

Hey, he is just being "Ted."

rls303
04-22-2012, 13:26
Ted Nugent is a joke and only makes all gun owners look bad !!!

Bren
04-22-2012, 13:27
I'll do you one better.

I gave $1,000 to the Gun Owners of America just for my initial membership, and I continue to pay a subsequent $50 a month to remain part of it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You give money to GOA, where there only purpose is apparently to receive your money?:rofl:

Well done. However, gun owners owe you no thanks.

Bren
04-22-2012, 13:29
As far as Ted, he was accused of hunting violations for things that would be perfectly legal and normal in many other states, including Kentucky. Heck, when deer season comes in here, every hunting store and Walmart has piles of "commercial bait" for deer and shooting a spike buck is perfectly legal...if the spikes are less than an inch, you can count it as a doe and you can then use your tag to kill another buck.

He got in trouble in California, with California Fish & Wildlife. You may as well start throwing stones at a guy who got caught in California with the wrong flash suppressor on his rifle or with an extended baseplate on his Glock 26 magazine.

UnjollyRoger
04-22-2012, 13:35
Well done. However, gun owners owe you no thanks.

I never said they did.

bmoore
04-22-2012, 13:48
I'll do you one better.

Wow neat, you have to be kidding right? Give us all the run down on the team of lawyers the GOA has fighting for you rights in washington year in and year out. Dont worry we will wait.

UnjollyRoger
04-22-2012, 13:54
Wow neat, you have to be kidding right? Give us all the run down on the team of lawyers the GOA has fighting for you rights in washington year in and year out. Dont worry we will wait.

My whole point is I give as much as anybody else, I'm not arguing that the NRA is not a good organization but anyone and everyone can tell they aren't what they used to be, I got tired of all the Charlton Heston crap, the newsletters, junk mail, junk emails, etc and signed up for a barebones organization.

Don't like who I donate my money to? You know where you can cram it.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day. :supergrin:

Silver_Bullet_00
04-22-2012, 14:05

The first Bear he shot at, but there was no blood trail. 4 days later he shot at another bear which he killed on his show. Alaska officials argued that he used his tag on the first bear, and the second bear was illegal. Apparently in Alaska if you shoot and your arrow just grazes the bear and doesn't hit him directly you have used your tag. Much more serious incidents get a slap on the wrist. He got a 1 year ban,10,000 dollar fine, and had to do a commercial. This is a pure political stunt!

Maxx702
04-22-2012, 14:45
Surely Obama and Eric Holder would love to see the NRA drop Ted Nugent.

For that reason alone, I support him now more than ever.

The first Bear he shot at, but there was no blood trail. 4 days later he shot at another bear which he killed on his show. Alaska officials argued that he used his tag on the first bear, and the second bear was illegal. Apparently in Alaska if you shoot and your arrow just grazes the bear and doesn't hit him directly you have used your tag. Much more serious incidents get a slap on the wrist. He got a 1 year ban,10,000 dollar fine, and had to do a commercial. This is a pure political stunt!

Yep.

fudiem
04-22-2012, 15:21
For those of you that attended Ted's show at the convention, you know what he said was harmless when put into context. For those of you that didn't attend his show, you could take any portion of his monologue from that day and be offended.

As far as his hunting mistakes, I'm positive that none were made intentionally. I also know that ignorance is no excuse. He has hunting guides and employees that should also know the law.

I have sat down with Ted more than once and have had very nice conversations with him. You quickly discover that his on-air/infront of a crowd persona is strictly an attention-getter. He is still Uncle Ted to me.

As for the NRA VS. (Other Gun Org.), none of them are perfect but when the NRA speaks, congress listens. If you want to change things in your favorite organization, get involved and change them from within. With that said, I'm and Endowment Member of the NRA and have attended the last 4 conventions. I'm also a contributing member of the SAF and Knife Rights.

MtBaldy
04-22-2012, 15:22
He got a 1 year ban,10,000 dollar fine, and had to do a commercial. This is a pure political stunt!

Bingo!

Because he's an outspoken gun proponent and conservative some weenie decided to make a big deal out of it.

Bearlaker
04-22-2012, 15:30
Nugent draws too much bubba money for the NRA to get rid of him.

el_jewapo
04-22-2012, 15:49
But I'm pretty sure that most that are barking about this don't hunt anyway, and have never dealt with the obscurity of game laws.

This. They make it very hard to cross the T's and dot the I's with all the violations on game laws. More hunters than not are in violation of something without even knowing it. I'm talking good honest hunters, not scumbag poachers. If you get stopped by a ticket happy game warden, he'll usually find something wrong.

frank4570
04-22-2012, 15:55
Clearly, it's not a problem for NRA board members to sound crazy and dangerous. Maybe they're trying to live up to the ridiculous stereo-type of nutty gun owners.
The Brady campaign must be celebrating.

dango
04-22-2012, 15:56

We all got laws to live by , even uncle Ted , he being in the public eye should be even more accountable . There is a price to pay for stupid and I don't care who you are ! You may play a mean guitar , but stupid is stupid !

tongix
04-22-2012, 16:11
NRA must convene to discuss Ted's standing . If they put a deaf ear, that means they condone member's action. All those in the NRA board should exhibit a clean and honest lifestyle worthy to be American gunowners. But again, NRA is just a cash cow . I hate seeing that baseball cap logo, i rather have a GLock Perfection .LOL

Magnus2131
04-22-2012, 16:23
Meh, more drama...

Nugent shot at a bear and "touched" it with an arrow. The bear wasn't mortally wounded, but according to a new law, if your arrow even touches the animal it is now part of your bag limit. Nugent was not aware of the changed law.

Stupid law, but Nugent would have never even been looked at if he hadn't put the footage on his show. That tells me he didn't know it was illegal to shoot the second bear and transport it.

No excuse and he is owning up to it. Some of you are so fair weather I would hate to have you on a jury. Just blow whichever way the wind goes...

Don't try and confuse people with facts. Let the hate flow! :whistling:

Green70
04-22-2012, 16:24
When is Eric going to ban Ted Nugent threads because of all the intense emotions and debate they cause?:whistling:

Magnus2131
04-22-2012, 16:25
More and more liberals in conservative clothing these days. Remember if you say stuff enough, people will start to believe it. That said I'm the most handsome athlete you've ever seen.

Magnus2131
04-22-2012, 16:27
When is Eric going to ban Ted Nugent threads because of all the intense emotions and debate they cause?:whistling:
Hope he does. It's just used for liberal propaganda anyway.

HexHead
04-22-2012, 16:35

There was also the part about that if 0bama gets elected he's going to try to take away our guns. Then he added the part you posted. I agree with him.

dango
04-22-2012, 16:36
Hope he does. It's just used for liberal propaganda anyway.

Liberal propaganda ? If I shot that bear I would surely be shuned here . Hit him hard , he should know better and there is no ignorance of the law in my favor ! He ain't that special .

Magnus2131
04-22-2012, 16:39
Liberal propaganda ? If I shot that bear I would surely be shuned here . Hit him hard , he should know better and there is no ignorance of the law in my favor ! He ain't that special .
Apparently you don't read the whole thread.:upeyes:

clancy
04-22-2012, 16:55
I am absolutely amazed that anyone here would support Ted Nugent in any way.

Do the patriots here feel it is ok for Nugent to have dodged the draft during the Vietnam War? How about his lying about manning a Ma-Deuce in Afghanistan? Would you sit down and share a beer with someone else who did those things, or shun him?

Do the hunters here think it ok that Nugent has been caught poaching, and not just once? How about hs canned hunts on his game reserve? Is that an acceptable form of hunting to you? Would you walk the woods with another man that did this?

Do the fathers of teenage girls here think it is ok when a man over 30 hits on their 14,15 or 16 year old daughter? Would you say go ahead, take her, or kick his ass?

If you were to be introduced to Joe Schmuck, a draft dodger, pathological liar, poacher and pedophile who really liked guns, would you invite him to your home for dinner or put a much space between him and you as possible?

Now explain to me why you think Nugent is all that and a bag of chips.

Arc Angel
04-22-2012, 17:14
:shocked: Then, you don't like Ted?

*ASH*
04-22-2012, 17:26
i love lamp

Big Bird
04-22-2012, 17:35
I just am not gonna roll over for some liberal idiots who are offended by some figurative language by someone on our side. I don't care who said it. A fourth grader knows Ted wasn't being literal with his "Chop some heads off" comment. Why do you all feel the need to apologize or eat your own over this to appease some of the morons you have huge ideological differences with?

Go ahead, give him up. Eat your own. Set that precedent now and when the sharks smell the blood in the water you'll be the next one they will throw in. You muzzle yourselves by giving in to this PC crap.

Sheep.

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 17:35
I am absolutely amazed that anyone here would support Ted Nugent in any way.

Do the patriots here feel it is ok for Nugent to have dodged the draft during the Vietnam War? How about his lying about manning a Ma-Deuce in Afghanistan? Would you sit down and share a beer with someone else who did those things, or shun him?

Do the hunters here think it ok that Nugent has been caught poaching, and not just once? How about hs canned hunts on his game reserve? Is that an acceptable form of hunting to you? Would you walk the woods with another man that did this?

Do the fathers of teenage girls here think it is ok when a man over 30 hits on their 14,15 or 16 year old daughter? Would you say go ahead, take her, or kick his ass?

If you were to be introduced to Joe Schmuck, a draft dodger, pathological liar, poacher and pedophile who really liked guns, would you invite him to your home for dinner or put a much space between him and you as possible?

I'm glad some of us get it, and I'm saddened that so many do not.

nothing
04-22-2012, 17:41

If its a famous person that likes guns they could molest a 16 year old and everyone would turn a blind eye. If you profess your hate of x liberal administration they are fighting he good fight and get a free pass on buying narcotics from their maid (rush).

All you have to do is turn a blind eye and everything is cool. Who needs standards or morals? Now all the fanboys will come here to tell you it's all a liberal lie that started with high times in the 70s when he was still pooping his own pants.

random southpaw
04-22-2012, 18:52
+1!

At a time when our 2nd Amendment Rights have never been more threatened, there could not be a worse time to attack one of our best advocates!

I will not attack or in any way defame Ted Nugent!

nothing
04-22-2012, 18:58
I will not attack or in any way defame Ted Nugent!

No need, he does a good job of it on his own. Why should we be selective about who represents us? I bet John Edwards is available as well.

dango
04-22-2012, 18:59
Apparently you don't read the whole thread.:upeyes:

Ok , I read the whole thread twice . What exactly is your point.
Please to explain .

KalashniKEV
04-22-2012, 19:00
If its a famous person that likes guns they could molest a 16 year old and everyone would turn a blind eye.

Exactly.

I wish my life revolved completely around guns. Everything would be so simple and I wouldn't have to think as much.

Then again... I suppose if I were suffering from this psychosis I would probably have a whole new set of problems like, "I can't watch movies with Schwarzenegger (or any actor) in them... he's against GUNS!"

At a time when our 2nd Amendment Rights have never been more threatened, there could not be a worse time to attack one of our best advocates!

He's not a good advocate not just because of the character flaws noted above, but because he's mentally unstable. He really might be a fifth columnist.

...and you guys call the other side sheep.

:upeyes:

jutland
04-22-2012, 19:17
Just what would an NRA board member have to do before Tedtards would question that person's ability to be a spokesperson for the organization?

Kegs
04-22-2012, 19:23
Yeah Ted is a loudmouth egomaniac. So what. He's a hunter, a shooter and understands the 2nd amendment, plus he has a bunch of money and fame.

I'm not a fanboy of his at all, but based on the FACTS of the law he "violated" (what kind of a goofy law states wounding as tag fulfillment) and what he said (knowing the type of person he is and what kinds of clowns we have running the show right now), I say keep his lanky stringy haired greasy behind right behind the desk of the board of the NRA where it belongs.

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 19:23
Just what would an NRA board member have to do before Tedtards would question that person's ability to be a spokesperson for the organization?

Dodge the draft? Nope.

Poke a kid? Nope.

Hell if I know :dunno:

Kegs
04-22-2012, 19:25

Probably something like come up with a term like "Tedtard".

jutland ----> Diane Feinstein's new Glocktalk nick perhaps?

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 19:25
Yeah Ted is a loudmouth egomaniac. So what. He's a hunter, a shooter and understands the 2nd amendment, plus he has a bunch of money and fame.

I'm not a fanboy of his at all, but based on the FACTS of the law he "violated" (what kind of a goofy law states wounding as tag fulfillment) and what he said (knowing the type of person he is and what kinds of clowns we have running the show right now), I say keep his lanky stringy haired greasy behind right behind the desk of the board of the NRA where it belongs.

I think you'll find that most people who aren't "Uncle Ted" :puking: fans don't care so much about his "hunting" screwups.

Kegs
04-22-2012, 19:29
I think you'll find that most people who aren't "Uncle Ted" :puking: fans don't care so much about his "hunting" screwups.

I think you'll find people who criticize others are hypocrites.

porschedog
04-22-2012, 19:31
Ted does more good than bad

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 19:38

Yeah, Stalin gets a pass on that note too, eh? Give me a friggin' break :upeyes:

frank4570
04-22-2012, 19:45
Ted does more good than bad

Too bad we can't find enough good gun owners to be on the board of the NRA. I would think it would be pretty easy to understand that it is not acceptable to be on the board of the National RIFLE Association, and threaten the President of the United States.

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 19:49
Too bad we can't find enough good gun owners to be on the board of the NRA. I would think it would be pretty easy to understand that it is not acceptable to be on the board of the National RIFLE Association, and threaten the President of the United States.

I'm sure there are plenty of better public images on this very forum.

*ASH*
04-22-2012, 19:51
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/images13-1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/images14-2.jpg

fiveoboy01
04-22-2012, 20:06
He just continues the stereotype of redneck backwoods tinfoi-hat firearm owners. I agree with many of his views but the way he comes across with them doesn't help anyone's cause. He's a whacko and I can't see how any rational firearm owner who's in any way fighting for our 2nd amendment rights can disagree.

Rizzo
04-22-2012, 20:33

????

What? People that criticize others are people that criticize others. Hypocrites are hypocrites. Your statement makes about as much sense as saying "Apples are oranges."

A hypocrite, by definition, is someone who does or says something that he otherwise publicly decries. Kinda like how "Uncle Ted" is all for war nowadays, but got student deferments during the Vietnam draft, even though he was touring year-round with his band. (Must have done an awful lot of correspondence courses on the tour bus.)

stevelyn
04-22-2012, 20:57
We need more Ted Nugents on the NRA board. His outspokeness is what keeps the NRA honest and less compromising.

Uncle Ted speaks for those of us who are angry. Angry about our rights constantly being attacked by our enemies and being told by the traitors in my own camp that I need to play nice. Attacks that for the most part go unaswered for. I'm tired of being attacked. All I ever asked was to be left alone.

If it takes some colorful language from someone like Uncle Ted to get the point across, then so be it. I will have his back.

nothing
04-22-2012, 21:07
We need more Pants pooping draft dodgers on the NRA board. His pants pooping and draft dodging is what keeps the NRA honest and less compromising.

Draft dodgers speak for those of us who are angry. Angry about our rights constantly being attacked by our enemies and being told by the traitors in my own camp that I need to play nice. Attacks that for the most part go unaswered for. I'm tired of being attacked. All I ever asked was to be left alone.

If it takes some colorful language from someone like a pedophile to get the point across, then so be it. I will have his back.

So there is nobody else of less questionable background that can accomplish this? I'm a loudmouthed bastard that will argue with a tin can until it gives up... Vote for me.

NeverMore1701
04-22-2012, 21:11
So there is nobody else of less questionable background that can accomplish this? I'm a loudmouthed bastard that will argue with a tin can until it gives up... Vote for me.

No doubt.

Javelin
04-22-2012, 21:20

Magnus2131
04-22-2012, 21:35
Dodge the draft? Nope.

Poke a kid? Nope.

Hell if I know :dunno:
Proof? People reapeating the story is not proof.

Tango 1Zero
04-22-2012, 21:41
The libs are after Ted because hes backing Mitt. They are scared and it shows. Ted is a true American dont throw him under the bus.
He speaks his piece and people listen that scares the hell out of them.

*ASH*
04-22-2012, 23:55
it might sound weird but id like to watch gary busey and uncle ted in a isolation chamber for bout 10 days :rofl::rofl:

i dont know which is more nutty :dunno:

rolltide_pisco
04-23-2012, 00:16
Ted knows what we know. Mitt is gonna win the GOP nomination and we need to support him. We need to get out and vote and hopefully remove Obama from office.

I personally woulda took Santorum or Gingrich but Romney is the guy I have to live with.

Hines57
04-23-2012, 01:09
Terrible Ted, tweaking the liberals and the Fudds at the same time.

leeward419
04-23-2012, 04:55
OProblem with his speech was he was absolutely right
the US GOV is wiping their lower unit on the constitution
now they are looking topunish him for speaking out against the government
in the interim, get as motivated to vote out your reps who have committed more serious illegalities than game laws

Tim151515
04-23-2012, 05:08
Im glad he, as a celebrity, is pro 2nd ammenment, but I seriously question his delivery. He really is every negative stereo type of gun owners rolled into one, and gives the people that are for gun control someone to point at to the people on the fence, and say "look how gun owners are." All his personal issues aside, he is over aggressive, tries to intimidate, and esentially said he would try to assasinate Obama if he is reelected again. I mean seriously? As a law abiding gun owner, and member of the NRA, I do not want him to be my voice.

OctoberRust
04-23-2012, 06:34
Ted knows what we know. Mitt is gonna win the GOP nomination and we need to support him. We need to get out and vote and hopefully remove Obama from office.

I personally woulda took Santorum or Gingrich but Romney is the guy I have to live with.

Yea, voting in another anti-gun POTUS is a really great idea. :upeyes:

Same crap, different ***hole.

certifiedfunds
04-23-2012, 06:41
We need more Ted Nugents on the NRA board. His outspokeness is what keeps the NRA honest and less compromising.

Uncle Ted speaks for those of us who are angry. Angry about our rights constantly being attacked by our enemies and being told by the traitors in my own camp that I need to play nice. Attacks that for the most part go unaswered for. I'm tired of being attacked. All I ever asked was to be left alone.

If it takes some colorful language from someone like Uncle Ted to get the point across, then so be it. I will have his back.

This.

KalashniKEV
04-23-2012, 07:26
He really is every negative stereo type of gun owners rolled into one, and gives the people that are for gun control someone to point at to the people on the fence, and say "look how gun owners are."

This.

Nugent appears to be mentally defective. He should be stripped of his RKBA pending psych eval.

He should however still be allowed to perform on military installations. He just might shoot his stupid mouth off and get the whupping he deserves...

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/04/ted-nugent-scratched-from-concert-forced-to-pay-bear-killing-fin/

SC Tiger
04-23-2012, 08:06
Meh, more drama...

You mean Nugent missed? He'd never admit to that.

Sounds like he screwed up, paid the price and went on with his day. No big deal.

SC Tiger
04-23-2012, 08:12

Here's the difference - Romney's support base will be mostly pro-gun. Therefore he will have to at least pretend to be pro-gun, which will keep him in check to a certain extent (we hope).

He isn't the idea candidate by any means but he beats Obama in my book.

Bullwinkle J Moose
04-23-2012, 08:32
I think Holder and Obama are greater liabilities to our freedoms. You should spend your energy addressing solutions to those problems instead of trying to incite us to turn on and eat our own.

mgs
04-23-2012, 08:44
I think Holder and Obama are greater liabilities to our freedoms. You should spend your energy addressing solutions to those problems instead of trying to incite us to turn on and eat our own.

Common sense speaks! I'm not a Mitt or Ted fan but people do have the ability to change their ways over time. The past can not be erased but the time is now! Choose Mitt or Obama....voting for no one gives you no voice good or bad. Ted just said what many feel and it's too bad it's gone that far and extreme but wake up people! We are in the toilet and the current guy is ready to flush us and your kids future.

4TS&W
04-23-2012, 08:50
Wow, all the Ted hate out there is pretty amazing. I can't disagree with anything I've heard him say, and most of the mud that has been slung at him is either 40 years old or easily explained.

Can we agree that someone does not have to be perfect to be a great speaker on gun rights? I see a hunter that understands that the second amendment is not at all about hunting. I wish there were more like him.

Sent via telepathy

OctoberRust
04-23-2012, 09:02
Here's the difference - Romney's support base will be mostly pro-gun. Therefore he will have to at least pretend to be pro-gun, which will keep him in check to a certain extent (we hope).

Or one could say Obama's check would be the republican house, and the senate that would like to get re-elected.

Again, they're one in the same.

kirgi08
04-23-2012, 09:19
Youse folks ever noticed the COTUS and SCOTUS are so close.The SCOTUS is the most important part of the "3"....................... .'08.

swordsmn
04-23-2012, 09:42
well said

I like ol Ted....

Meh, more drama...

redbaron007
04-23-2012, 09:45

matter most.

So, in other words, nothing has changed. He was viewed like that before. :dunno:

:wavey:

red

mgs
04-23-2012, 09:52
I told the NRA on the phone the other day that "it's time to draw a line in the sand". She almost laughed at me......are they out of touch how angry some Americans are or just hiring phone idiots? "Sorry Mam...my money is going to ammo and food to support my family"......she said Oh! I hung up on her after saying..."Have a nice day". Sorry....just my current attitude, Mike.

Little Joe
04-23-2012, 09:56

You hold your friends close and your enemies closer.

Little Joe
04-23-2012, 09:59
This will blow over as fast as Rush's "slut" comment. I applaud Ted for speaking his mind.

dbcooper
04-23-2012, 10:05
He drives liberals and the peta people insane, that makes him ok in my book

frank4570
04-23-2012, 10:06
I told the NRA on the phone the other day that "it's time to draw a line in the sand". She almost laughed at me......are they out of touch how angry some Americans are or just hiring phone idiots? "Sorry Mam...my money is going to ammo and food to support my family"......she said Oh! I hung up on her after saying..."Have a nice day". Sorry....just my current attitude, Mike.

I'll bet you the NRA is hiring a fund raising company to call you on the phone. If that is the case the person you talked to doesn't even know or care about the 2nd amendment.
You would be shocked at how many non-profit organizations do that. The professional fundraisers get a portion of the donations. But the truth is that they are far, far more effective than ordinary folks trying to do it.

snappy
04-23-2012, 10:07
Im glad he, as a celebrity, is pro 2nd ammenment, but I seriously question his delivery. He really is every negative stereo type of gun owners rolled into one, and gives the people that are for gun control someone to point at to the people on the fence, and say "look how gun owners are." All his personal issues aside, he is over aggressive, tries to intimidate, and esentially said he would try to assasinate Obama if he is reelected again. I mean seriously? As a law abiding gun owner, and member of the NRA, I do not want him to be my voice.

This is a ridiculous statement. He is not a negative stereo type of gun owners, ALL of us who own guns are, at least to the mainstream media and what use to be the democrat party but is now the socialist party of this country. There is no positive stereo type gun owner. Second, I applaud Ted for speaking his mind, this is something that alot of MEN this day and time can't or won't do anymore. Third, Ted is right in what he says if you listen to him. He not off in a ditch somewhere with his logic. And I never heard him threaten obummers life at all, not once, and he was totally cleared by the secret service. Some of you better get on board and quit listening to the mainstream media or else you're going to wake up after November to find that your gun rights are next on the list after election. Mark my words.

Tango 1Zero
04-23-2012, 10:11
The girl that called me from the NRA was from a call center they hired. I got into how I didnt like them calling me all the time waking my kid when he was a baby. It was every couple of days.
I went into how the NRA this that etc. and she told me sir I just work for a company that does phone surveys for the NRA.

fiveoboy01
04-23-2012, 10:13
There's a difference between speaking your mind and acting a complete moron.

Caver 60
04-23-2012, 10:19

I agree.

I didn't see Obama wanting to speak at the NRA convention. I really don't like Mitt either, but there's only going to be two choices. Not voting or writing in Ron Paul or another name is the same as voting for Obama.

Can we agree that someone does not have to be perfect to be a great speaker on gun rights? I see a hunter that understands that the second amendment is not at all about hunting. I wish there were more like him.

Sent via telepathy

I agree.

The Second Amendment has little to do with hunting, or arming the National Guard. The People means 'the people' , each individual, not a collective group or a organized militia.

I still remember Wayne calling the BATF 'Jack Booted Thugs'. IMO it's too bad he backed down.

NeverMore1701
04-23-2012, 10:19

Yeppers.

sandblaster
04-23-2012, 10:32
I love Ted Nugent, if I had a son he would look like Ted Nugent.

wjv
04-23-2012, 10:38
Those "close minded dolts" are voting more and more anti-gun politicians into office every year. .

Really?

Then how are all of those CCW laws being passed in so many States?

wjv
04-23-2012, 10:41

If you can't see the different then I fee sorry for you. . And MAYBE you should RESEARCH what actually happened in MA before slamming Mitt as "anti-gun"

Little Joe
04-23-2012, 10:43

I guess I don't mind it so much when our moron does it. :rofl:

fiveoboy01
04-23-2012, 10:52
As I said, I do agree with his stance on pretty much everything 2A. It's his demeanor and delivery.

It was stated in a previous post that there is no good stereotype of gun owners, well why do you think that is? People like Nugent perpetuate that stereotype.

Little Joe
04-23-2012, 10:56
It was stated in a previous post that there is no good stereotype of gun owners, well why do you think that is? People like Nugent perpetuate that stereotype.

The haters are going to hate no matter what or who. Why let them define it. Press on and laugh at them.

Fumble
04-23-2012, 11:00
Latching onto a poacher who is now making wild vieled threats about the upcoming election is not surprising.Breaking a game law no more makes you a poacher then violating traffic code makes you a criminal. Sure, at the far end of things it does but that's not the case here. And anyone who views his recent comments about being dead or in jail if the President wins reelection is intentionally misunderstanding his comments for political reasons - a sad state of affairs.

wjv
04-23-2012, 11:02

The anti-gunners hated Charlton Heston also. . .

fiveoboy01
04-23-2012, 11:03
The haters are going to hate no matter what or who. Why let them define it. Press on and laugh at them.

Yes, some will. But what about the rational people who are on the fence? People like Nugent won't help the RKBA cause with them, only hurt it.

John Rambo
04-23-2012, 11:06

Can we also get rid of whoever is responsible for generating all of this bull**** spam mail and scaremail that I get in my inbox constantly telling me how the 2nd amendment will implode into a black hole if I don't donate NOW?!

Just sayin, two birds with one stone.

Then maybe we could worry about those in the NRA who will back an anti-gun Republican simply to push their Republican political agenda.

Hell, do all of that and I might even support the NRA again!

Little Joe
04-23-2012, 11:09
Yes, some will. But what about the rational people who are on the fence? People like Nugent won't help the RKBA cause with them, only hurt it.

It seems gun ownership is going through the roof regardless, so you fears may be overblown. Rational people come to their own conclusions based on the facts and common sense. One mans rant doesn't change the facts.

OctoberRust
04-23-2012, 11:09
If you can't see the different then I fee sorry for you. . And MAYBE you should RESEARCH what actually happened in MA before slamming Mitt as "anti-gun"

No, I actually feel sorry for you, and not being able to tell the similarities between the two. Gun rights and other issues as well.

NeverMore1701
04-23-2012, 11:10
Can we also get rid of whoever is responsible for generating all of this bull**** spam mail and scaremail that I get in my inbox constantly telling me how the 2nd amendment will implode into a black hole if I don't donate NOW?!

Just sayin, two birds with one stone.

Then maybe we could worry about those in the NRA who will back an anti-gun Republican simply to push their Republican political agenda.

Hell, do all of that and I might even support the NRA again!

Maybe they could get to work on the GCA and NFA. Nah, that's not gonna happen :upeyes:

fiveoboy01
04-23-2012, 11:19
It seems gun ownership is going through the roof regardless, so you fears may be overblown. Rational people come to their own conclusions based on the facts and common sense. One mans rant doesn't change the facts.

I think that's a good point and a good rebuttal and you're probably right. And I might be a good example, I could care less what Nugent says, or anyone else, I come to my own conclusions based on facts and common sense, just like you said. Just the same way that the Brady's spouting off a bunch of crap doesn't change the facts either.

*ASH*
04-23-2012, 11:23
lets add a little light -hearted humor to thread

who would win in cage match - chuck norris or ted :whistling:
and if 2 guns were on a table who would grab the 9mm and the 45 ?:rofl::rofl:

JuneyBooney
04-23-2012, 11:27

I thought he was supposed to "rabble-rouse"? A lot of what he has said, many people think daily. His statements about Obama were half jokes and were covered under the First Amendment which has been under fire for many years.

If we hush everyone up the government will take our 401k's and give them to Obama.:shocked:

DScottHewitt
04-23-2012, 11:28

So, which games law did he "stretch"?

F_G
04-23-2012, 12:04
Email sent supporting "Uncle Ted". Thanks for the heads up.Yep, ditto.

when Ted Nugent leaves the NRA . . . so do IMe too.

KalashniKEV
04-23-2012, 12:15
who would win in cage match - chuck norris or ted :whistling:

Chuck Norris would make Nugent poop his pants and just die with a stern look.

I really want to see Ted get the whupping he deserves... though I also want to be entertained.

I say throw him in there with Kimbo Slice.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1111/1215899-kimbo_slice_ultimate_fighter_large.jpg

http://tropicsofmeta.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/nugent-scream-dream.jpg

Tommy Hanrahan
04-23-2012, 12:18
Sent an "Atta boy Ted " email to Wayne LaPierre and a check.

Toetag
04-23-2012, 13:00
Sent faster than you can say wangdangsweetpoontang!

Diesel McBadass
04-23-2012, 13:23
I think its alarming how much support the guys getting after the idiotic stuff he said there are so many other pro gun figures you can support.

Hines57
04-23-2012, 14:30
Maybe if the NRA comes out supports Ted it will weed out the Fudds and the Zumbos who only want to own hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns.

NeverMore1701
04-23-2012, 14:34
Maybe if the NRA comes out supports Ted it will weed out the Fudds and the Zumbos who only want to own hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns.

You've got to be kidding me.

RDW
04-23-2012, 14:36

Ditto!

ray9898
04-23-2012, 14:46
I think its alarming how much support the guys getting after the idiotic stuff he said there are so many other pro gun figures you can support.

That requires too much logic. Gun owners as a whole show time and time again they can be their own worst enemy.

KalashniKEV
04-23-2012, 14:47
I'm willing to bet all the emails sent in support of Turd Nugget won't offset the membership cancellations.

4TS&W
04-23-2012, 15:33
I'm willing to bet all the emails sent in support of Turd Nugget won't offset the membership cancellations.

I'll take that bet. :wavey:

TunaFisherman
04-23-2012, 16:00
http://news.change.org/stories/ted-nugent-caught-poaching-on-the-outdoor-channel

RenegadeGlocker
04-23-2012, 16:06

What planet do you live on? Just a few months ago they secured huge victories in many areas, and at state level have won many battles wrt to use of silencers.

12 Big Wins For Gun Owners (http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7180)

This past year or so has been huge. Don't forget CCW in National Parks too.

bmoore
04-23-2012, 16:27
What planet do you live on? Just a few months ago they secured huge victories in many areas, and at state level have won many battles wrt to use of silencers.

12 Big Wins For Gun Owners (http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7180)

Dont try to engage that guy, hes not in reality.

crash09
04-23-2012, 16:39
When ya'll find the perfect spokesman for freedom, let us know. Until then, I'll take Ted Nugent and anyone else who's willing to stand up for our rights. The second amendment isn't about hunting, just like the first amendment doesn't just protect only the speech you agree with.

ray9898
04-23-2012, 16:41

No kidding. Look at all the states that have created castle doctrine laws and relaxed gun permit restrictions.

Mr.Reignman
04-23-2012, 16:45
This..

I don't see the logic trying to outcast the most supportive, successful and arguably most able member to stand in front of anyone and speak intelligently and passionately regarding firearms, the laws of this nation and the idea of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Again, thanks for the info, I'll be sending an email supporting Uncle Ted as well.

Ruble Noon
04-23-2012, 16:46
When ya'll find the perfect spokesman for freedom, let us know. Until then, I'll take Ted Nugent and anyone else who's willing to stand up for our rights. The second amendment isn't about hunting, just like the first amendment doesn't just protect only the speech you agree with.

This.

clancy
04-23-2012, 16:47

It isn't about protecting only speech one agrees with. Nugent is a sleazebag. It isn't his words I disagree with, but the fact that his actions pretty much sum up about all I find reprehensible in a man.

frank4570
04-23-2012, 17:39
I would think with the numbers of gun owners in this country it would would be pretty easy to find one who sounds kind of normal, guess not.

DieselNut
04-23-2012, 18:13
I don't see why Ted's words bother some of you. The left is always outspoken, I feel it's about time people in our corner quit being civil sheep.

frank4570
04-23-2012, 18:26
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

Nutt51
04-23-2012, 18:36
This type of discussion really saddens me. For those of you who do not like the NRA or Ted, that's your opinion and you can express it. Ted is out there, he is outspoken and a celebrity, he grates on some people, but he loves the 2nd. Amendment.
His quotes were taken out of context. He meant if O is elected again and the war on our gun ownership and the 2nd. amendment starts, which it surely will, then he will not give his up and will fight to keep them, which would either leave him dead or in prison for defending them, not for threatening anyone.
I do not agree with everything Ted or the NRA says, but they are both standing and fighting for something I dearly believe in, so I will back them both, that's my choice and right.
I have made lots of mistakes in my life, so I can't condemn others, who have done things they are sorry for.
There is strength in numbers, so I will stand with those who stand with me, we must choose what fights are important and who we fight with, and for now I'm with my 2nd. Amendment brothers and sisters.
The petty bickering and arguing can wait, we are at a crossroad, and this is one of the few times in our American history where our liberties are truly in danger with those in power.

Averageman
04-23-2012, 18:42
Currently the Left is calling for Zimmermans head, between the NBP and all of the threating "tweets' where has the FED GOV'T been?
Investigating Ted Nugent.
The Left can clearly do anything it wants and no one calls them on it. Holder is the new Gobbels and no one calls him on it.
Who care what Ted says, clearly we are in a handbasket and it is getting warmer.

*ASH*
04-23-2012, 19:55
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/Vinrepost.jpg

frank4570
04-23-2012, 20:01
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/Vinrepost.jpg

Sorry, I got mixed up. THAT'S where my post went.

*ASH*
04-23-2012, 20:04
Sorry, I got mixed up. THAT'S where my post went.

:wavey::wavey: no worries i was kidding around , i like that pic and when i can use it im happy :rofl::rofl:

Silver_Bullet_00
04-23-2012, 20:18
Guys, I don't know why you all are taking everything so serious. Ted Nugent is an entertainer. He hasn't said anything worse than most other entertainers. If he was the NRA president, or a News broadcaster I could understand the frustration. I've heard far worse said about "burning a Bush".
People need to remember he is an individual who supports your rights, and that he is an entertainer, and saying weird stuff is what entertainers do. Because he supports the NRA doesn't mean he represents all off us Pro Gun enthusiasts. Just like Donald Trump doesn't represent all Republicans. Trump says crazey stuff, so are yall going to call for him to be banned from the Republican party? He's also an entertainer, that's what entertainers do!

As far as being a (poacher), he did not poach game. Most poachers kill game illegally and knowingly on purpose. His arrow missed a direct hit, and there was no blood trail! He assumed this meant he still had a tag since he did not get to harvest an animal, so 4 days later he harvested. I, an avid hunter was not even aware of a law that if your arrow in any way touches game, you have used your tag, even if it was a non lethal graze. (Stupid State Law!). This was a set-up by some Liberal Game Officer who watched his show and wanted to make a point since Ted is Famous. Ted would not have aired it, if he was intentionally poaching, use common since people!!!! I myself have grazed a white tail deer with an arrow, and did not tag it, because I did not Kill (harvest) the dear!

nothing
04-23-2012, 20:25
I don't see why Ted's words bother some of you. The left is always outspoken, I feel it's about time people in our corner quit being civil sheep.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin' dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I'm gonna play their own game, and I'm gonna destroy 'em

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugent.asp

He claims it was a joke. Maybe, but it's not funny. I have more respect for the Vietnam Veterans than to kiss the ass of Ted Nugent because he thinks guns are kewl. :upeyes: he did have a student deferment, and then was coded unfit. That makes him a lying draft dodger that called vets "imbeciles".

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/killer31/4ede1839.jpg

He's playing you fan boys for chumps and separating many of you from your money. I want someone competent on the board, not a loud mouthed coward.

Most of you folks still ***** about Bill Clinton dodging the draft, what makes it ok for Ted? They can both kiss the fattest part of my ass.

AK_Stick
04-23-2012, 20:30
As far as being a (poacher), he did not poach game. Most poachers kill game illegally and knowingly on purpose. His arrow missed a direct hit, and there was no blood trail! He assumed this meant he still had a tag since he did not get to harvest an animal, so 4 days later he harvested. I, an avid hunter was not even aware of a law that if your arrow in any way touches game, you have used your tag, even if it was a non lethal graze. (Stupid State Law!). This was a set-up by some Liberal Game Officer who watched his show and wanted to make a point since Ted is Famous. Ted would not have aired it, if he was intentionally poaching, use common since people!!!! I myself have grazed a white tail deer with an arrow, and did not tag it, because I did not Kill (harvest) the dear!

Um, if you sign for a license in that state, you're bound for the regulations. Its not anyones fault but his that he illegally took an animal. Ignorance is no excuse.

Just like its no one's fault but his own he poached that illegal deer in California in 2010. He's got a history of not following the rules, and the fact that he's been busted on 12 counts in 2 years, make me wonder just how many he's gotten away with over the years?'

I've sent a letter to the NRA with the membership numbers of every man at my work, we're all withdrawing until Nudge is removed from the board.

Rinspeed
04-23-2012, 20:35
I've sent a letter to the NRA with the membership numbers of every man at my work, we're all withdrawing until Nudge is removed from the board.

:rofl: :rofl:

Magnus2131
04-23-2012, 20:37
Um, if you sign for a license in that state, you're bound for the regulations. Its not anyones fault but his that he illegally took an animal. Ignorance is no excuse.

Just like its no one's fault but his own he poached that illegal deer in California in 2010. He's got a history of not following the rules, and the fact that he's been busted on 12 counts in 2 years, make me wonder just how many he's gotten away with over the years?'

Well Bye!:tongueout:

nothing
04-23-2012, 20:42
Rock on Nuggeteers, Rock on.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/killer31/46f9f9d8.jpg

Silver_Bullet_00
04-23-2012, 20:48

I suggest you do the same with your political party, whether your Republican, Libertarian, Democratic ect. as they all have more corrupt people representing them. That's more serious then Ted and the NRA.

Even more serious, while your at it send a similar letter to the Pentagon since we have an incompetent leader of our military that is embarrassing our country. Do you want to withdraw from the military until Obama is removed?

^ Speaking Sarcastic :supergrin:

That's how much since that makes.

bear62
04-23-2012, 20:49
I like Nugent............

Caver 60
04-23-2012, 21:04

This type of discussion really saddens me. For those of you who do not like the NRA or Ted, that's your opinion and you can express it. Ted is out there, he is outspoken and a celebrity, he grates on some people, but he loves the 2nd. Amendment.
His quotes were taken out of context. He meant if O is elected again and the war on our gun ownership and the 2nd. amendment starts, which it surely will, then he will not give his up and will fight to keep them, which would either leave him dead or in prison for defending them, not for threatening anyone.
I do not agree with everything Ted or the NRA says, but they are both standing and fighting for something I dearly believe in, so I will back them both, that's my choice and right.
I have made lots of mistakes in my life, so I can't condemn others, who have done things they are sorry for.
There is strength in numbers, so I will stand with those who stand with me, we must choose what fights are important and who we fight with, and for now I'm with my 2nd. Amendment brothers and sisters.
The petty bickering and arguing can wait, we are at a crossroad, and this is one of the few times in our American history where our liberties are truly in danger with those in power.

Currently the Left is calling for Zimmermans head, between the NBP and all of the threating "tweets' where has the FED GOV'T been?
Investigating Ted Nugent.
The Left can clearly do anything it wants and no one calls them on it. Holder is the new Gobbels and no one calls him on it.
Who care what Ted says, clearly we are in a handbasket and it is getting warmer.

Agree!

frank4570
04-23-2012, 21:05

12 counts??? Holy frack.

AK_Stick
04-23-2012, 23:04
I suggest you do the same with your political party, whether your Republican, Libertarian, Democratic ect. as they all have more corrupt people representing them. That's more serious then Ted and the NRA.

Even more serious, while your at it send a similar letter to the Pentagon since we have an incompetent leader of our military that is embarrassing our country. Do you want to withdraw from the military until Obama is removed?

^ Speaking Sarcastic :supergrin:

That's how much since that makes.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

They want my money, in return, I want to be represented by someone who doesn't make us look like a bunch of law breaking retards.

Every time Ted opens his mouth, he makes us look bad. The only thing he could do with his mouth to make gun owners look more responsible, is to wrap it around his pet glock 20, and vacate his brain pan.

frank4570
04-23-2012, 23:24

They want my money, in return, I want to be represented by someone who doesn't make us look like a bunch of law breaking retards.

Every time Ted opens his mouth, he makes us look bad. The only thing he could do with his mouth to make gun owners look more responsible, is to wrap it around his pet glock 20, and vacate his brain pan.

They keep going on about how great it is that Ted speaks his mind and tells the truth.
That puts you on the board of the NRA next. I'll vote for you.

Mr.Reignman
04-23-2012, 23:40

He claims it was a joke. Maybe, but it's not funny. I have more respect for the Vietnam Veterans than to kiss the ass of Ted Nugent because he thinks guns are kewl. :upeyes: he did have a student deferment, and then was coded unfit. That makes him a lying draft dodger that called vets "imbeciles".

He's playing you fan boys for chumps and separating many of you from your money. I want someone competent on the board, not a loud mouthed coward.

Most of you folks still ***** about Bill Clinton dodging the draft, what makes it ok for Ted? They can both kiss the fattest part of my ass.

He's playing me for a fool?... Really? Are you sure about that guy? Hmmmm... Regardless whether I agree with everything he says, he's promoting a world where my rights are not denied..... A world where I may continue to possess my arms and most importantly a world free of Obamunism.

Are you serious bro? He's playing me for a fool? I think picking your horses that will likely help you win the race is a fair trade off for a few things I don't like.......

He dodged the draft? Boo hoo...

G26S239
04-23-2012, 23:42
His quotes were taken out of context. He meant if O is elected again and the war on our gun ownership and the 2nd. amendment starts, which it surely will, then he will not give his up and will fight to keep them, which would either leave him dead or in prison for defending them, not for threatening anyone.Dead or in prison? "Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people." He couldn't backpedal fast enough in the presence of armed Secret Service Agents. :rofl: At least he didn't defecate in his pants this time.

http://www.billboard.com/news/ted-nugent-secret-service-meeting-could-1006837752.story

smitty704
04-24-2012, 03:39
He talks a big talk, but acts like a nutt job almost every time he's on TV. Someone please finally shut his mouth so he can't continue to embarrass us "cool headed" gun owners.

Thanks. ;)

KalashniKEV
04-24-2012, 05:12
He's playing me for a fool?... Really? Are you sure about that guy? Hmmmm... Regardless whether I agree with everything he says, he's promoting a world where my rights are not denied.....

If you can't see that he's playing you for a fool, then you just might be one. He cares more about his own ego than the law or your rights.

Every time that dumb-as-dirt jackass opens his mouth we are ten steps further away from doing anything positive.

He dodged the draft? Boo hoo...

Indeed... :shocked:

bushhogg
04-24-2012, 05:22
The NRA is the only reason we have been able to keep our guns and have this discussion.... look at England and the rest of Europe. They are mear sheep to their gov. If you own a fire arm you need to be a member.. Thats if you want to keep it... Life Member

bushhogg
04-24-2012, 05:47
THE most outrageous thing out their is Obamma

bushhogg
04-24-2012, 05:57
agree!
can we get a big amen

F_G
04-24-2012, 06:23

I've sent a letter to the NRA with the membership numbers of every man at my work, we're all withdrawing until Nudge is removed from the board.I think we just cancelled each other out. I sent a letter with 72 membership numbers of friends, family and co-workers to the NRA stating just the opposite. I prefer someone who speaks their mind, not one that placates to the other side.

mnsmokepole
04-24-2012, 07:25
Uncle Ted for President

kj4963
04-24-2012, 07:26
Saw the guy in concert a few years back and he was bashing Janet Reno I think. I didn't pay for a concert to hear that, just music. Anyway, I don't dislike him, but now he is in trouble for poaching in Alaska, he should know better being an avid hunter. I am glad he does speak his mind, but he really should think about it first. At least to avoid those pesky visits from the secret service.

ktownking
04-24-2012, 07:45
Yeah he should go. We should get someone that hasn't ever made a mistake. Someone that will get out there and kiss some serious liberal ass so we don't offend anyone by exercising our right. Someone with vision. Someone that understands, to defeat your enemies, you should cater to their whims and kill them with kindness. Hell, we should get a good reliable pacifist, preferably a mute pacifist. This way we can ensure anything the anti gunners disagree with won't be said. We can show them how cool and UN-crazy we are simply by saying nothing. Now that's a good offensive strategy for us right there. They'll never see it coming.

I've never liked Ted Nugent, but honestly, who cares? I'm looking more at the government, and **** that matters, not getting side tracked by deceptive non-issues. Ask yourself, which one of us if doing what an anti gunner wants?

Diesel McBadass
04-24-2012, 08:11
You can support the NRA without supporting nugent. supporting gun rights isn;t a reason to get away with being a loudmouth who threatens the president and bends hunting laws to his likeing.

redbaron007
04-24-2012, 08:16

AK, we will have to agree to disagree about Ted and the NRA board. I will not drop my support of the NRA because of Ted; there are bigger issues to deal with.

However, your statement about the 12 counts is curious. Is there any concrete info to this? I am aware of the Cali & Alaska deals, but not the other 10 counts. It would help if you could provide this for me.

red

Bello
04-24-2012, 08:35

I think you should just mind your own business! :steamed:

Diesel McBadass
04-24-2012, 08:37
i a left wing actor or politician had done the same things nugent did we'd all pile up on them having good second ammendment views cant be a shield to criticism.

dbcooper
04-24-2012, 08:47
http://news.change.org/stories/ted-nugent-caught-poaching-on-the-outdoor-channel

From the link above-

As the President of the Humane Society of the United States pointed out (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wayne-pacelle/poaching-doesnt-rock-ted_b_687052.html), if the NRA is serious about abiding by a hunter's code of ethics, they should oust Nugent from their board for breaking the law.

If it's a choice of siding with one or the other I got to go with the one who isn't an animal rights nut case. When the NRA starts taking advice from the likes of the HSUSA thats when I end my membership.

fiveoboy01
04-24-2012, 08:57
I'm still reading this thread and basically laughing at most of the replies, and the way some of you stand behind an obviously mentally retarded individual.

I also think it's humorous that some of you say "if Nugent stays I'm leaving the NRA", and equally humorous that some of you say "if Nugent leaves I'm leaving the NRA".... He's one man and while he's an idiot, ending or continuing your NRA membership because of their actions regarding Nugent seems petty.

kirgi08
04-24-2012, 09:49
i a left wing actor or politician had done the same things
Nugent did we'd all pile up on them having good second amendment views cant be a shield to criticism.

We'd never hear of it.In case you've missed it,MSM has went Dem.That ain't got a thing ta do with reality.Just agenda.'08.

shamrockmusic
04-24-2012, 10:24
ted is hurting the nra, we have a hard enough time as it is keeping laws in place or appoving them ted needs to go... sorry ted your bad for business.........

Silver_Bullet_00
04-24-2012, 11:55

That Sir tell's me your irresponsible, suggesting that a man kill himself! That is the kind of talk that makes a gun owner look like a retard!

Every-time Obama opens his mouth, he makes our country look bad. Then there is the bowing to other leaders, apologizing, and disregard for the constitution. You sir are being represented by him, witch makes you look bad. The liberals have clearly got you side tracked from the important issues.

Rinspeed
04-24-2012, 12:08
The only thing he could do with his mouth to make gun owners look more responsible, is to wrap it around his pet glock 20, and vacate his brain pan.

:upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

DScottHewitt
04-24-2012, 12:12
From the link above-

As the President of the Humane Society of the United States pointed out (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wayne-pacelle/poaching-doesnt-rock-ted_b_687052.html), if the NRA is serious about abiding by a hunter's code of ethics, they should oust Nugent from their board for breaking the law.

If it's a choice of siding with one or the other I got to go with the one who isn't an animal rights nut case. When the NRA starts taking advice from the likes of the HSUSA thats when I end my membership.

But, it is a valid point that the NRA is supposedly in support of hunting ethically. And that Ted apparently failed to tag the bear that got away.....

{I am not sure how you CAN tag an animal that got away.}

So, I kind of see the point. Rather it is coming from HSUSA, PETA, or Chuck Norris while he grills us some steaks up.....

frank4570
04-24-2012, 12:21
He got busted a while back for baiting deer didn't he?

AirCav
04-24-2012, 13:19
America's history is replete with controversial and polarizing characters. I'm sure that all of us could name a few. Some have come to be known as founding fathers. Its folks like that who make history, not the milquetoast Walter Mitty types who spend their days ordering drop holsters and imagining themselves defenders of freedom while remaining safely inoffensive and coloring well within the lines.

I'm not satisfied with losing slower. Conservatives need bold leadership with bold vision from individuals who aren't distracted by the perpetually offended hand wringers who won't ever support our causes anyway.

Is Ted the answer? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm not interested in cutting him loose over these latest silly accusations. Simply more media drama and many of you are jumping right on their bandwagon, right on cue. He's a polarizing figure, to be sure. So is Michael Moore and dozens of other outrageous liberal standard bearers. You don't think that they serve a purpose and don't believe that they're effective? Don't kid yourselves, they stay on the White House guest list for a reason.

I’m concerned about losing additional freedoms in America, but it won't be men like Ted who will be our downfall. It will be the enablers, the get-alongers, good little citizens who refuse to engage in this culture war for fear of offending anyone or giving up the much vaunted "high road," whatever that is. Half stepping will only allow us to lose slower. My state of Tennessee is a perfect example of this right now. Republicans finally control the House, the Senate, and hold the Governorship, but they apparently couldn't pass a pro-gun bill on a dare. But I'm sure that they’re still welcome at the Democrat’s society teas. Unacceptable.

Silver_Bullet_00
04-24-2012, 16:07
He got busted a while back for baiting deer didn't he?

Which was aired on his show, and I am sure if he actually knew he was doing something wrong on purpose, he would't air it. It seems he doesn't check local laws very well. This doesn't make him a bad guy. In most places baiting dear is not illegal, and in most places one has not used a big game permit until you have retrieved a conformed kill. I'm sure the animals where eaten or donated for someone to eat, which in my book, makes it a good kill!

There are more serious things to hammer on, besides a guy that supports your rights. All the things he got busted for are stupid liberal laws anyway, that PETA keeps pushing for.

This is the equivalent of you driving through a town that has a local ban on driving while on a cell phone. It was not a serious criminal violation. He supports the NRA, which is good, we need more supporters. One crazy individual dose not represent all of us. You guys are falling for the lefts typical playbook of changing the discussion to something less important.

Magnus2131
04-24-2012, 18:09
As far as evading the draft goes even snopes.com classifies it as undetermined. Also has a copy of his selective service classification record. The haters don't need any proof anyway.

redbaron007
04-24-2012, 18:17
As far as evading the draft goes even snopes.com classifies it as undetermined. Also has a copy of his selective service classification record. The haters don't need any proof anyway.

Yep, they only need an element of truth to create the whole story.

red

nothing
04-24-2012, 18:33

Try reading the entire article and not just the one liner.

So, Ted Nugent did have a student deferment for part of the time he was eligible for the draft, but he did also fail a physical examination and receive a medical exemption. Without more details about the results of that physical examination, however, we can't ascertain how much it may match or depart from the account Nugent gave to High Times back in 1977.

Bottom line is they weren't trying to verify that he avoided the draft. He obviously did. They are unable to verify if the story he gave high times was true.

He made the statement so he owns it.

jutland
04-24-2012, 18:55
I think you should just mind your own business! :steamed:

None of the Nuge lovers have answered the questions about draft dodging. I was unaware of that issue when I started this thread. If its true, can the NUGE defenders address it. Try something a bit more intelligent than Clinton did it. If he didn't draft dodge then supply some information to shut that rumor up.

How about everytime NUGE goes to speak, cut to Gunny. R.L is a spokesperson we can be proud of.

Tim151515
04-24-2012, 19:04
None of the Nuge lovers have answered the questions about draft dodging. I was unaware of that issue when I started this thread. If its true, can the NUGE defenders address it. Try something a bit more intelligent than Clinton did it. If he didn't draft dodge then supply some information to shut that rumor up.

How about everytime NUGE goes to speak, cut to Gunny. R.L is a spokesperson we can be proud of.

thats what I'm talking about.

Magnus2131
04-24-2012, 19:16
Try reading the entire article and not just the one liner.

Bottom line is they weren't trying to verify that he avoided the draft. He obviously did. They are unable to verify if the story he gave high times was true.

He made the statement so he owns it.
Obviously? How do you get that? I did read the whole thing and there is nothing obvious about it. So he did have a student deferment and failed a physical examination. How is that proof that he intentionally failed it? That's what I was talking about. You're going to read into it whatever you want it to be.:upeyes:

Little Joe
04-24-2012, 19:17

I don't know if Ted dodged the draft or not. Even if he did, I'm not going to vilify and hate a man forever for the indiscretions of his youth. You can if you want. I don't care about that either. Got any skeletons in your close jutland that we can hate you forever for? Lay them out there.

Magnus2131
04-24-2012, 19:18
I don't know if Ted dodged the draft or not. Even if he did, I'm not going to vilify and hate a man forever for the indiscretions of his youth. You can if you want. I don't care about that either. Got any skeletons in your close jutland that we can hate you forever for? Lay them out there.
If not for that, they nit pick over anything else they can twist.

dbyer1
04-24-2012, 19:28
Love uncle Ted for having the balls for saying what every red blooded American believes to be true.

nothing
04-24-2012, 19:34
Ok...

Here is the hightimes article, go to the library if you don't want to pay or read the copy on snopes:
http://www.rocksbackpages.com/artist.html?ArtistID=nugent_ted

Here is the other article where he claims he only had a student deferment and says the high times article was a joke:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/ted-nugent-off-his-rocker-479556.html

In the same article above he claims to have pent two weeks in fallujia and manned a .50 in Afghanistan. CFLLC does not allow visitors to spend more than 24 hours in theater and having your picture taken with a machine gun doesn't count as manning it.

Here is his draft card, he cliam's only a 1Y student deferment, however the card show that AND a 1S medical AND the infamous 4F

Here is how to read the codes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

4-F Registrant not acceptable for military service. To be eligible for Class 4-F, a registrant must have been found not qualified for service in the Armed Forces by a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) under the established physical, mental, or moral standards. The standards of physical fitness that would be used in a future draft would come from AR 40-501.[50]

If you can't tell I ****ing hate cowards, care to guess why?

nothing
04-24-2012, 19:39
Love uncle Ted for having the balls for saying what every red blooded American believes to be true.

And I hate him for being a yellow blooded coward.

Magnus2131
04-24-2012, 19:41

Duh, seen all that before. It's proof of nothing unless you want it to be. You keep that hate flowing. I for one think there are a lot more important things to worry about.

Snaps
04-24-2012, 19:43
that's for the reminder, I just fired off an email in support of uncle teddy.

jutland
04-24-2012, 19:47

I have many skeletons. I don't however, serve on the board of an organization representing 4-5 million people, which stands for responsible firearms ownership and ethical hunting, and make public comments bringing the entity into ridicule, and then violate, apparently on at least two occasions, some game laws that get me banned from hunting on federal land. Being a board member of a large corporation carries some responsibility. Ted shows little, if any.

You will note that I have not threatened to leave the organization, or stop sending my money to it. I hope to improve it by getting rid of insipid spokespeople.

I called the Nuge's office, and left a polite phone message. No call back.

clancy
04-24-2012, 19:48
And I hate him for being a yellow blooded coward.

Ted's being a liar doesn't help raise my opinion of him either.

nothing
04-24-2012, 20:00
Duh, seen all that before. It's proof of nothing unless you want it to be. You keep that hate flowing. I for one think there are a lot more important things to worry about.

I will, don't worry about that. There are more important things, but this in front of me so I'm just going to keep slugging away. I believe his days are limited and maybe R Lee Emory will replace him. I'm all for it.

I guess the only evidence you will accept is him cuddling with you on the couch while confessing everything. Actually deep down you do believe it, you just don't care. And that's fine, whatever. It's a free country.... More or less. I just believe as an organization we can do much better.

Fox184
04-24-2012, 20:12
America's history is replete with controversial and polarizing characters. I'm sure that all of us could name a few. Some have come to be known as founding fathers. Its folks like that who make history, not the milquetoast Walter Mitty types who spend their days ordering drop holsters and imagining themselves defenders of freedom while remaining safely inoffensive and coloring well within the lines.

I'm not satisfied with losing slower. Conservatives need bold leadership with bold vision from individuals who aren't distracted by the perpetually offended hand wringers who won't ever support our causes anyway.

Is Ted the answer? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm not interested in cutting him loose over these latest silly accusations. Simply more media drama and many of you are jumping right on their bandwagon, right on cue. He's a polarizing figure, to be sure. So is Michael Moore and dozens of other outrageous liberal standard bearers. You don't think that they serve a purpose and don't believe that they're effective? Don't kid yourselves, they stay on the White House guest list for a reason.

I’m concerned about losing additional freedoms in America, but it won't be men like Ted who will be our downfall. It will be the enablers, the get-alongers, good little citizens who refuse to engage in this culture war for fear of offending anyone or giving up the much vaunted "high road," whatever that is. Half stepping will only allow us to lose slower. My state of Tennessee is a perfect example of this right now. Republicans finally control the House, the Senate, and hold the Governorship, but they apparently couldn't pass a pro-gun bill on a dare. But I'm sure that they’re still welcome at the Democrat’s society teas. Unacceptable.

Well Said.

nothing
04-24-2012, 20:17
Infantry leads the way and Ted poops his pants. Hard core

AK_Stick
04-24-2012, 21:09
AK, we will have to agree to disagree about Ted and the NRA board. I will not drop my support of the NRA because of Ted; there are bigger issues to deal with.

However, your statement about the 12 counts is curious. Is there any concrete info to this? I am aware of the Cali & Alaska deals, but not the other 10 counts. It would help if you could provide this for me.

red

He plead no contest to 11 charges in Cali, and 1 in AK for a total of 12 counts.

That Sir tell's me your irresponsible, suggesting that a man kill himself! That is the kind of talk that makes a gun owner look like a retard!

Every-time Obama opens his mouth, he makes our country look bad. Then there is the bowing to other leaders, apologizing, and disregard for the constitution. You sir are being represented by him, witch makes you look bad. The liberals have clearly got you side tracked from the important issues.

No, I'm very responsible.

However un PC, sometimes its the best solution, to have a problem fix itself. That is simply the most expedient, and best possible outcome for gun owners in America, and all of humanity as a total.

Magnus2131
04-24-2012, 21:15
I will, don't worry about that. There are more important things, but this in front of me so I'm just going to keep slugging away. I believe his days are limited and maybe R Lee Emory will replace him. I'm all for it.

I guess the only evidence you will accept is him cuddling with you on the couch while confessing everything. Actually deep down you do believe it, you just don't care. And that's fine, whatever. It's a free country.... More or less. I just believe as an organization we can do much better.
I'd rather see R. Lee Ermey there rather than R Lee Emory.:tongueout:

AK_Stick
04-24-2012, 21:16
I think we just cancelled each other out. I sent a letter with 72 membership numbers of friends, family and co-workers to the NRA stating just the opposite. I prefer someone who speaks their mind, not one that placates to the other side.

I'm sure you did. :rofl:

At any rate, my issue is not that Ted speaks his mind. I don't mind that he's a tad eccentric. I don't even really care that he signed himself as the legal guardian of a girl so he could have sex with her. Although that is sleezy in and of itself.

My issue is that he is a known liar, a self admitted poacher, and a draft dodger.

I see no reason, that someone such as himself should be a representative of the NRA, who then makes us all look bad. When we have much better pool of people to choose from.

If you guys are proud of the nuge, and support his actions, and want to have him as your spokesman, be my guest, support the NRA. I, and everyone I can convince will give our money to other sporting orginizations, like Ducks Unlimited, or other such.

AZson
04-24-2012, 21:18
He just has a knack of telling it like it is.

tongix
04-24-2012, 21:22
So did Ted dodge the draft during the Nam conflict? He s a smart guy. No need to die in some foreign land knowing it aint our war of independence, just a war started by a Hill Country Texan Pres Johnson and pushed by McNamara. I have no qualms what Ted did but he has to bite the bullet from fellow Americans who took the call and gave all.
With this latest blunder Ted needs a wake up call and tender his resignation in the NRA board. He should be sorry for his actions.

stevelyn
04-24-2012, 21:26
As the President of the Humane Society of the United States pointed out, if the NRA is serious about abiding by a hunter's code of ethics, they should oust Nugent from their board for breaking the law.

If you wanted to have a shred of credibility to your arguement, HSUS wouldn't be an organization you should be quoting.

Big Bird
04-25-2012, 05:55
I'm sure you did. :rofl:

At any rate, my issue is not that Ted speaks his mind. I don't mind that he's a tad eccentric. I don't even really care that he signed himself as the legal guardian of a girl so he could have sex with her. Although that is sleezy in and of itself.

My issue is that he is a known liar, a self admitted poacher, and a draft dodger.

I see no reason, that someone such as himself should be a representative of the NRA, who then makes us all look bad. When we have much better pool of people to choose from.

If you guys are proud of the nuge, and support his actions, and want to have him as your spokesman, be my guest, support the NRA. I, and everyone I can convince will give our money to other sporting orginizations, like Ducks Unlimited, or other such.

You miss the point about Ted. He IS an effective spokesman AND he is on our side. You may not like his delivery. But why would you go out of your way to vilify someone who supports your cause? Does everyone you agree with have to pass your smell test in order for them to advocate for the same causes you care about? Are our numbers so great and our cause so widely accepted that we can throw people under the bus because they make us a little uncomfortable?

Don't come back with crap like he's a draft dodger. Bill Clinton, George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Muhammed Ali are all draft dodgers by that standard. Bill Clinton is one of the most effective and respected advocates on the left. So if that's your beef with Ted I get it. Again, what's that got to do with advocating for Constitutional Freedoms?
It makes him more controversial and therefore people will sit up and listen when he speaks. And Ted makes a lot of sense when he speaks. Therefore, our message gets out.

All that stuff you say about him may or may not be true. Lets just say it is. Do you really think the people we disagree with care about any of that? Its not like they can stick it back in our face when one of their biggest idols is Bill Clinton or Muhammed Ali. But it generates buzz and gets him in the press. There's no such thing as bad publicity! We can work all this to our advantage.

Or you can have Wayne LaPierre blah blah blah on the Sunday political talk shows all the time. (groan)

Are you saying he poached 12 animals?

Great article from a local Alaska Paper about Ted's Bear Hunting case...shows its not quite as black and white as many here portray it.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/why-ted-nugent-pleading-guilty-alaska-bear-case?page=full

coverdog
04-25-2012, 06:35
Im glad i wasnt a member of this organiization only once did i send $25 in 1996.

Do you have any gun rights organization you support?

pipedreams
04-25-2012, 06:47
You miss the point about Ted. He IS an effective spokesman AND he is on our side. You may not like his delivery. But why would you go out of your way to vilify someone who supports your cause? Does everyone you agree with have to pass your smell test in order for them to advocate for the same causes you care about? Are our numbers so great and our cause so widely accepted that we can throw people under the bus because they make us a little uncomfortable?l (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/why-ted-nugent-pleading-guilty-alaska-bear-case?page=full)

:goodpost:

The left would like nothing better than to see him booted. Just like Ann Coulter he serves a purpose even though some may not like their style.

F_G
04-25-2012, 07:44

I’m concerned about losing additional freedoms in America, but it won't be men like Ted who will be our downfall. It will be the enablers, the get-alongers, good little citizens who refuse to engage in this culture war for fear of offending anyone or giving up the much vaunted "high road," whatever that is. Half stepping will only allow us to lose slower. My state of Tennessee is a perfect example of this right now. Republicans finally control the House, the Senate, and hold the Governorship, but they apparently couldn't pass a pro-gun bill on a dare. But I'm sure that they’re still welcome at the Democrat’s society teas. Unacceptable. Very well said, this deserves to be quoted again. And to the Ted naysayers, get used to "losing slower", 'cause that's exactly what's happening. You placate the other side and that chain gets a little shorter every day.

kirgi08
04-25-2012, 07:59
:goodpost: :agree:

tantrix
04-25-2012, 08:12
Not even reading this thread. Answer: No.

Ted has balls to stand up for what he believes (more than probably 90% of gun owners) and I really couldn't care less if he actually dodged a draft or not...it's over, done with, and has nothing to do with my 2A rights.

I will continue to support him.

droidfire
04-25-2012, 08:21
Having skimmed this thread, randomly reading some things that caught my attention, and probably missing a whole lot I should have read more, my thoughts are thus:

If he's someone the people writing anti-gun legislation or pushing for it to be put in place are stressing about, then he's worth keeping around to keep them busy.

Really, if they're spending time focusing on him and harassing him, with him being a thorn in their side and eating up their time, then he's worth a little burn to keep around.

Any time they spend focusing on something like this is time spent away from pushing for more legislation against us.

He wants to continue to draw their attention and thoughts, eat up their time and get under their skin as a focal point of aggression? Fine. I'll take a bit of a burn for holding onto him to achieve that end.

Everyone's got some problems, find that white knight and someone will find the wine stain under the corner of his tabard.

He's there and doing his thing, might as well let him be the outspoken one drawing their ire.

KalashniKEV
04-25-2012, 08:45
I really couldn't care less if he actually dodged a draft or not...

This thread is full of :shocked::shocked::shocked:...

concretefuzzynuts
04-25-2012, 08:50
There is a reason the founding fathers added the amendments in the order they are. The first amendment guarantees, among other rights, freedom of speech. The second adds physical protection of our rights, by way of the right to keep and bear arms.

Sweaty Teddy is an outrageous public personality, always has been. He speaks his mind (1st amendment) and should have the NRA and we gun owners backing his right of free speech (2nd amendment).

Theodocious Atrocious has my support.

tantrix
04-25-2012, 08:59
This thread is full of :shocked::shocked::shocked:...

Again...if factual evidence came out that he actually dodged the draft:

A bunch of people out there will be butt-hurt over it, but what's new. Also, explain how this affects him supporting 2A rights and gun owners. It doesn't. It just gives people a reason to cut off their nose to spite their face (which people seem to love to do in this country).

I'm really just tired of all of it, the guy is very vocal in speaking out against anti-gun lobbies and such and I don't care what anyone thinks of him personally, as gun owners we need everything we can get. This nit-picking is exactly why we are in the shape we're in.

Fred Hansen
04-25-2012, 09:03

I’m concerned about losing additional freedoms in America, but it won't be men like Ted who will be our downfall. It will be the enablers, the get-alongers, good little citizens who refuse to engage in this culture war for fear of offending anyone or giving up the much vaunted "high road," whatever that is. Half stepping will only allow us to lose slower. My state of Tennessee is a perfect example of this right now. Republicans finally control the House, the Senate, and hold the Governorship, but they apparently couldn't pass a pro-gun bill on a dare. But I'm sure that they’re still welcome at the Democrat’s society teas. Unacceptable.:agree:

KalashniKEV
04-25-2012, 09:32
Also, explain how this affects him supporting 2A rights and gun owners. It doesn't.

Well here's the thing- even if for some bizarre reason, he were the only person allowed or able to speak for 2A rights... I'm not completely sure I would place that above all morality and patriotism.

He's not the only person though.

He's dumb-as-dirt and obnoxious about it. He strengthens the opposition and alienates the good guys with his antics.

I'm truly puzzled as to why anyone would want a person like that speaking on their behalf. Would you work for a person like that? Would you be friends with Turd? Would you even share a beer with him?

It's time for Turd Nugget to get FLUSHED.

tantrix
04-25-2012, 09:45
Well here's the thing- even if for some bizarre reason, he were the only person allowed or able to speak for 2A rights... I'm not completely sure I would place that above all morality and patriotism.

He's not the only person though.

He's dumb-as-dirt and obnoxious about it. He strengthens the opposition and alienates the good guys with his antics.

I'm truly puzzled as to why anyone would want a person like that speaking on their behalf. Would you work for a person like that? Would you be friends with Turd? Would you even share a beer with him?

It's time for Turd Nugget to get FLUSHED.

Just as I figured...you're just as rabid anti-Nugent as they are anti-gun. It's ok though, you still have Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre on your side, so you'll be ok (right?).

Anyway, simply because he comes across 'not the way you like it' or scares your kids when he talks, doesn't mean I want him to go away and stop supporting something I've been behind my entire life. You, however...can piss on your 2A rights because of some dumb personal vendetta you have with the 'Nuge all you want, fine with me.

Silver_Bullet_00
04-25-2012, 10:03
Do you have any gun rights organization you support?

Ron Paul, for all constitutional rights and civil liberties! :whistling:

Magnus2131
04-25-2012, 10:19
You know when someone is being effective against the left. Want to know who they fear? All you have to do is google who is pushing this Anti-Nuge agenda and it's every liberal web site, paper and TV commentator out there. Eventually some so called conservatives repeat the liberal lines. Once they take this stance, they can't back down so they harden their resolve. Sarah Palin was the first to come under the modern unified left attack machine. They've found it to be very affective and now go after whoever is effective. It's no longer about ideas, all they have to do is attack the messengers.

frank4570
04-25-2012, 10:59
I have converted a number of D.C. anti-gun democrats from being anti-gun to being pro-gun. I have come to understand that I can't change someones opinion by yelling at them, threatening them, and telling them how stupid they are. And so I base my behavior on the fact that I actually want to win.
Converting the opposition is a win. Making the opposition hate you is a loss. Nobody pays any attention to people they hate.