White Hispanic? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : White Hispanic?

snerd
04-22-2012, 10:34
That term was a new one to me. So, let's play "spot the White Hispanic", and no cheating. I'm unable to do it.

http://oklahoma-online.com/difjz.jpg

Cavalry Doc
04-22-2012, 11:05
It was required in order to pump up ratings for a white guy to shoot a black guy. It is an attempt to polarize the conversation, and that is working quite well.

So is Barry a White African? Or a Black White, or White black?

Oh well.

aircarver
04-22-2012, 11:54

Oh well.

:freak:

:rofl:

smokin762
04-22-2012, 12:04
That term was a new one to me. So, let's play "spot the White Hispanic", and no cheating. I'm unable to do it.

http://oklahoma-online.com/difjz.jpg

He doesn't look like a black hispanic.

Let me guess, you didn't know they were around?

Porta Rico has both.

itstime
04-22-2012, 12:08
I wonder what I am really? All those form 4473's. May come back and bite me later.

There is no box to chEck for white Hispanic if I recall. Weird?????

A. We form shall be made!!!!

smokin762
04-22-2012, 12:28
I wonder what I am really? All those form 4473's. May come back and bite me later.

There is no box to chEck for white Hispanic if I recall. Weird?????

A. We form shall be made!!!!

Where I work, the company sent around a form for everybody to fill out. They said it was needed for a government survey. There was no box for Caucasian either. It had Caucasians lumped in with North Africans. :upeyes:

I threw it away and told them to stop categorizing me. :supergrin:

BORNGEARHEAD
04-22-2012, 13:15
I'm simply, "American".

Al Czervik
04-22-2012, 13:31
I had to take my 6 year old daughter to Urgent Care for a bout of Strep. I was issued a "mandatory" form to indicate tobacco use and race/ethnicity. I replied with "hasn't yet been caught with tobacco" and race=human, ethnicity=American. The nurse was not amused.

fgutie35
04-22-2012, 13:43
Im a white hispanic, you have a problem with that? :supergrin:
Two of my brothers look more white than many people here with arian descendence! Yet there is no government form that categorizes us! Only some state forms.

kimo
04-22-2012, 14:25
I'm a white native American... get off our land.

LASTRESORT20
04-22-2012, 14:31
I'm simply, "American".

Agree...
"American" works for Americans....Not so much for Liberals:yawn:

Chui
04-22-2012, 16:27
His father is ASHKENAZIM JEWISH and his mother is PERUVIAN.

How he is "White Hispanic" seems to be a misdirection by the media. It seems to be working...

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 16:37
It was required in order to pump up ratings for a white guy to shoot a black guy. It is an attempt to polarize the conversation, and that is working quite well.

Oh well.

it really is laughable

white hispanic, wtf is that, i've never heard that in my entire life

Stubudd
04-22-2012, 16:37

:supergrin:

jtull7
04-22-2012, 17:19
New Mexico is an unusual place. The people who call themselves Hispanics were here from 1609 (Some 40 years before the Mayflower landed). Take that, you snooty Yankees who believe their ancestors were the first Anglos in North America.

Mexicans are people who have immigrated from Mexico. NM Hispanics are mostly white complected. I know many Hispanics with Anglo names. I know many Anglos with Hispanic names.

I believe in 30-40 years, all this racial BS will be gone and most people will be mocha-complected and just called "Americans."

dbcooper
04-23-2012, 11:57
Two of my brothers look more white than many people here with arian descendence! Yet there is no government form that categorizes us! Only some state forms.

Whispanic? That makes Tiger Woods Chinegro and Obama is an Africasion

cowboywannabe
04-23-2012, 12:18
its a new race made up to blame white folks for stuff.

white hispanic, white asian, white black, then there is white white.

if you include white in the racist lable you can incite a lot of ignorant people.

mwelch8404
04-23-2012, 21:00
Where I work, the company sent around a form for everybody to fill out. They said it was needed for a government survey. There was no box for Caucasian either. It had Caucasians lumped in with North Africans. :upeyes:

I threw it away and told them to stop categorizing me. :supergrin:

Very very few caucasions around. How many are REALLY from the Caucasus Region?

I just tell 'em I'm "a Western European mutt.":rofl:

mwelch8404
04-23-2012, 21:07

Yeah. I did political surveys for years. On most, when someone would chose Hispanic/Latino, it would pop ANOTHER ethnicity question with all the same choices except Hispanic/Latino.

Not in reply to this particular post, but I should point out that there is only ONE race - Human. The rest is ethnicity...

Kingarthurhk
04-23-2012, 21:09

I am .025 Souix Indian, do I get a cubicle?

SPIN2010
04-23-2012, 21:12
its a new race made up to blame white folks for stuff.

white hispanic, white asian, white black, then there is white white.

if you include white in the racist lable you can incite a lot of ignorant people.

That is called "Dark White" and M. Jackson had it first. :whistling:

juggy4711
04-23-2012, 21:19

Oh well.

Well said.

New Mexico is an unusual place. The people who call themselves Hispanics were here from 1609 (Some 40 years before the Mayflower landed). Take that, you snooty Yankees who believe their ancestors were the first Anglos in North America.

Mexicans are people who have immigrated from Mexico. NM Hispanics are mostly white complected. I know many Hispanics with Anglo names. I know many Anglos with Hispanic names.

I believe in 30-40 years, all this racial BS will be gone and most people will be mocha-complected and just called "Americans."

To your last point; I hope so but I doubt it. It isn't in the best interest of those in charge.

As for your first point, I doubt many folks realize that many Spanish people (as in from Spain) are Anglo.

juggy4711
04-23-2012, 22:15

Two of my best friends are brothers of Irish/Mexican decent. They have described themselves as greenbeans. One looks "Hispanic" the other looks white as white can be. If only we could all have that levity when our "race" is a called into question.

RickD
04-23-2012, 23:33
Some public health forms (from CDC, especially), will have a Race Category (White, Black, Asian, Native-American), as well as an "Ethnicity" Category. Since the ethnicity we care about in the USA is Hispanic, a person could be Hispanic or Non-Hispanic.

So, someone could be White, Non-Hispanic. Or White, Hispanic. Or Black, Non-Hispanic, or Black, Hispanic.

Some don't like being called "Hispanic" since it smacks of a north-eastern air. Those who are "Hispanic" I'm told often tend to think of themselves as "White" so they will self-identify on the forms I use as "White, Non-Hispanic."

That being said, the MSM labeled him as they did because they wanted to for their particular biased purposes.

DOC44
04-24-2012, 01:25
Some public health forms (from CDC, especially), will have a Race Category (White, Black, Asian, Native-American), as well as an "Ethnicity" Category. Since the ethnicity we care about in the USA is Hispanic, a person could be Hispanic or Non-Hispanic.

So, someone could be White, Non-Hispanic. Or White, Hispanic. Or Black, Non-Hispanic, or Black, Hispanic.

Some don't like being called "Hispanic" since it smacks of a north-eastern air. Those who are "Hispanic" I'm told often tend to think of themselves as "White" so they will self-identify on the forms I use as "White, Non-Hispanic."

That being said, the MSM labeled him as they did because they wanted to for their particular biased purposes.

I wonder if Angela Corey calls herself "white Arab"?

Getting to be a lot of arabs in the judicial system.

Doc44

Flintlocker
04-24-2012, 01:52

You're mostly correct with the exception being that Zimmerman's race was first reported as white because that was the information provided by the Sanford Police Department in their initial report. It's been funny to watch how much whining has occurred about this issue because of this oversight. But then again, you people seem to pride yourselves on your general ignorance, instead preferring to be simultaneously blissfully unaware and perpetually outraged.

kimo
04-24-2012, 06:10
The entire concept of race is dehumanizing. To even hyphenate for clarification perpetuates the very rationale that supports racism. Nazis considered race so potent that even up to 1/8 (in some instances) blood of a particular race could get you sent to the chambers.

In the slave mindset of the South any amount of blood from blacks made you black.

So, what standard do we use now? When does a mixed blood cease being of a particular race or, what blood trumps what? If black and Hispanic mix, which is more potent...which trumps the other?

I am struggling to avoid using the term "race" because its a construct meant for the purpose of dehumanizing. Why do we perpetuate it at an official level by asking for the information?

It can only be related to politics and the cult of envy.