3 Dot Night Sight Alignment....? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Dot Night Sight Alignment....?

xXxplosive
04-22-2012, 17:32
I have a Glock 30SF with factory Glock 3 dot night sights. When I align my sight, post in notch, I notice that the dot on my front post is slightly higher than the two dots on my rear sight. Thus when I align the dots it will bring the muzzle of the gun down....how much I don't know.

At what distance, IYO....would the 3 dot system come into play during low light hours...?
Are they really only for CQB say 15 feet or less and how would this dot arrangement I describe effect accuracury at combat distance.....?

Thanks.......

Mas Ayoob
04-22-2012, 19:13
There is no guarantee of the distance at which you'll have to shoot.

If the front tritium dot is too low on the post, it needs to go back to whence it came to be replaced. If the night sight modules or "dots" are properly aligned on the sights, sight alignment with the three dots should give a point of impact slightly HIGHER than the point of impact with a post-in-notch sight picture, but the difference should be proportional between the two.

best,
Mas

xXxplosive
04-22-2012, 21:34
Actually, the dot on the front post is a tad higher than the 2 dots on the rear sight.....guess my explanation was vague....sorry.

Mas Ayoob
04-23-2012, 02:12
Take it out and shoot it at various distances, half with a post in notch sight picture and half with the three dots in alignment. If you are hitting lower with the dot sight picture than the post in notch, it's not in proper alignment and the front sight probably needs to be replaced.

best,
Mas

xXxplosive
04-23-2012, 06:50
Got it...........Thank You.