Hebrews 13:1-2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hebrews 13:1-2

Kingarthurhk
04-22-2012, 19:33
Hebrews 13:1-2, "<sup>1</sup> Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. <sup id="en-NIV-30244" class="versenum">2</sup> Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."

Have you ever met an angel? I have. This is my story.

My family was career military, and we moved around a lot. This particular move was 5th grade. As usual, it was a new place with new problems.

It was the in the early 80's, when Billy Idol and Michael Jackson had entered the scene. Back when parachute pants were big, and rock pins were the thing to have.

My parents had a different perspective, the military had never paid that well then as it does now. Life before my father mustanged over was about dehyrated milk with the lumps still in.

This was his first comissioned position from his former enlisted position. My clothes were all thrift shop, including the bell bottoms my dad had me wear to school. They had no clue the hell they entered me into in that public school being sent with those clothes.

I was the new kid, as all military kids are, complete with a fashion line up that was a virtual kick me sign. That and this place was urban. We had a class satanist, and two girls who were selling favors, and got busted for doing it.

My folks weren't helpful, or understanding, as I was constantly in fights, or being cussed or bullied. Somehow it was "something I must being doing to cause this."

So, I was on my own. The school administration was no help. When it came to survival, I was also on my own.

One particular day, when I was trying to sneak away for the long walk home. Some days I would have a crowd that would follow me and spit on me until I got there.

This particular day, I didn't make it. It was an open field before you made it to the street.

It was good idea to make it home as quickly and best you could. It was a place where people did get murdered in alley ways. That is another story.

So, before I could make it out, here came the crowd. I was surronded. The hateful words the pushing it was all happening. My spirit was already broken and I was staring at my feet.

Oddly, enough for this place being pretty urban there weren't that many black kids around, they were rare. But, then again, this was the southwest. This will become relevant later.

The school wasn't all that big, so pretty much everyone knew who everyone else was.

So, there I was, broken, staring at my feet. I was told that if I did not dress like the rest of the kids, show up with some rock pins the next day, I could expect a beating.

As Ron White once said, "I don't know many of them it would take to kick my a**, but I knew how many they were going to use."

And there were plenty of them, and they meant business.

All of a sudden, a black kid appeared out of nowhere. I told you that is relevant, beause there weren't that many in the school, and everyone pretty much knew who everyone else was.

He said in a firm voice, "You leave him alone!"

This crowd of tough guys, who didn't fear much, all ran as if their lives depended on it.

I was still in my own little world. The black boy put his arm around me, and said, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, still dejected.

He told me, "Don't listen to them, you keep on doing what you are doing."

I nodded, still dejected from everything that went on.

When I looked up, I was in the field alone.

The bullies had fled, and it took them some courage before they wanted to come and bother me again.

And the kind black boy who made them flee at his command, and comforted me, was gone as if he had never been there.

So, you see, I know angels, exist. I met one.

Tilley
04-23-2012, 11:24
Very nice.

Vic Hays
04-24-2012, 16:07
Angels intervene more often than we think.

juggy4711
04-24-2012, 23:52
You have got to be kidding me. Couldn't have been some guy magically showed up and saved you from the bullies, it had to be a black guy as if that lends some credence to the claim. Were they afraid because he was an Angel or because he was black? Class even had a Satanist and two prostitutes to boot. Bet they didn't mess with the devil worshiper. Too afraid of a Satanic hex. Imagine the two whores were real popular though :rofl:

How in the world you expect folks to take that seriously is beyond me.

ArtificialGrape
04-25-2012, 06:10
You have got to be kidding me. Couldn't have been some guy magically showed up and saved you from the bullies, it had to be a black guy as if that lends some credence to the claim. Were they afraid because he was an Angel or because he was black? Class even had a Satanist and two prostitutes to boot. Bet they didn't mess with the devil worshiper. Too afraid of a Satanic hex. Imagine the two whores were real popular though :rofl:

C'mon, when God sends the "black guy" angels you know He's not messing around -- you know, like when Marsellus Wallace sends "The Wolf".

-ArtificialGrape

GreenDrake
04-25-2012, 06:35
C'mon, when God sends the "black guy" angels you know He's not messing around -- you know, like when Marsellus Wallace sends "The Wolf".

-ArtificialGrape

AG, you just made my day. That was flipping hilarious. Thanks.

Kingarthurhk
04-25-2012, 18:02

Because it is true, and it happened to me. Mock all you want. But, a small boy turning these guys into a run just by the authority of his voice, and then disappearing when it was physically impossible for someone to leave even at an Olympic sprint and not be detected.

I believe. I was there.

Kingarthurhk
04-25-2012, 18:05

-ArtificialGrape

Angels can come in any shape, size, and ethnicity, especially when they want intermingle among humans. That is the point of scripture I provided, and that is what I have experienced.

The fact that he chose the form of a black kid is irrelevant to me. The fact that made it interesting is they were few and far between in that school, and there being so few I knew who they all were.

This one was no among them. Further, it was impossible for him to disappear like he did in that big field before you hit the street. There was no place to hide, even if you wanted to.

ArtificialGrape
04-25-2012, 20:30
Angels can come in any shape, size, and ethnicity, especially when they want intermingle among humans. That is the point of scripture I provided, and that is what I have experienced.

The fact that he chose the form of a black kid is irrelevant to me. The fact that made it interesting is they were few and far between in that school, and there being so few I knew who they all were.
Irrelevant to you, but not to the other kids. Skin color was certainly a factor in the intimidation level.

Artificial "Say 'what' again!" Grape

Kingarthurhk
04-26-2012, 13:35
Irrelevant to you, but not to the other kids. Skin color was certainly a factor in the intimidation level.

Artificial "Say 'what' again!" Grape

Not really. They would have fought. The few black kids we had in school were the "break dancers" and they were always at odds with the "rock heads". Neither side ever backed down when it came to blows. Welcome to the urban early 80's.

So, yes, it was irrelevant to them. They would have pounded him like a stake than take any garbage off of him.

Sorry, it was a supernatural experience. I have had several in my life. This is but one example.

user
04-30-2012, 19:07
My father had a similar story. His life, and mine, have been filled with "remarkable coincidences", and I have my own experiences with what I refer to as "the spiritual entities". I see them as sort of like subroutines within the Mind of God. They have specific functions to perform, and some of them come into existence and then gone again. What people who are bound by their worldview based on perception of dimensionality don't get is that the Spiritual Entities are not "supernatural", those people are living in the "subnatural". Put in other terms, "the Matrix has them." Doesn't matter, "leave the dead to bury their dead" - Daddy likes you and that's what matters.

Japle
04-30-2012, 19:13
It is true, and it happened to me. Mock all you want.
I don't think there's enough bandwidth for that. :rofl:

rgregoryb
04-30-2012, 19:53
I like Charlie's Angels.............