How does shipping a gun online to a store work? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How does shipping a gun online to a store work?

Easton512
04-23-2012, 18:03
I know I could go to the store and ask but since Im on here all the time I figure Id ask on here as well. I just see much better deals on-line then I do at the store, Prices of guns as well as better packages(free extra mag for example).

Thanks

Jbar4Ranch
04-24-2012, 08:59
A retailer will do a "special order" for you from a distributor, but you won't get the price listed on the distributor's Web site. If the retailer did this, they would be out of business in short order, as they need to make a profit. A special order will typically be around 15-20 points, PLUS shipping .

Example -

Distributor price = $489
$489 / .82 (18 points) = $596
$596 + $20 shipping = $616
The $616 figure would probably be rounded up to $619.99

If you buy a gun from an auction site, or a seller in another state, a retailer will charge you a fee to receive it, anywhere from about $20 to $100. Grandfathered "hobbyist" FFL's, and pawn shops will typically give you the best transfer fee rates. A retailer who stocks the gun you want to transfer takes your request as a slap in the face, and will charge you enough to make it worthwhile to buy from him in the future, instead of paying shipping and his transfer fee to get a small break by buying online.

oldnoob
04-24-2012, 09:06
Jbar pretty much says all. Just want to add, some online retailer will ask you (your ffl of choice) to fax/mail a copy of ffl to them prior of shipping.

Of course check with your local laws. In some state/county has more restrictions (I.E: California..etc).