GSSF wait time [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSSF wait time

bam1131
04-25-2012, 09:00
It appears that the GSSF is taking between 3-4 weeks from the day your card is charged to get your new member packet to you. I spoke to multiple people at my LGS who is a Leo/gssf dealer. So I guess all of us impatient New Gssf members need to do like the military and "Hurry up and wait."

ron59
04-25-2012, 09:17
:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

DannyR
04-25-2012, 09:20
I think you get 1st Prize for being most impatient. Relax, read a book.:upeyes:

SARDG
04-25-2012, 09:24
...and we'll have to have you speak with Mike G35 if you keep starting multiple threads about the same basic subject. He's our enforcer! :supergrin:

bam1131
04-25-2012, 09:29
just thought I'd let the other people know who are waiting that's all.

ron59
04-25-2012, 09:31
...and we'll have to have you speak with Mike G35 if you keep starting multiple threads about the same basic subject. He's our enforcer! :supergrin:

Exactly the reason for my post above. This "update" could have easily gone into either of his already existing threads.

Hint to the OP.... chill?

PM720
04-25-2012, 09:37
It will be interesting to see what happens when his hat doesn't show up for 8 months! :wow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

bam1131
04-25-2012, 09:43
i apologize for being new

SARDG
04-25-2012, 09:49
:) You don't want to fool with Big-Mike G35! Where is Mike anyway?

DannyR
04-25-2012, 09:55
Mike has been busy honing his USPSA skills. He may show up at Dayton, OH.

13BRV3
04-29-2012, 08:31
Greetings,

How long should I be patient? It's been just over 6 weeks since my CC was charged for the membership, and I haven't got a package yet. Since it was a lifetime membership, maybe they figure they've got plenty of time :supergrin:

I know I'm in the system, since my enrollment for one of the armorer classes was approved, but it would be nice to have the card, or at least a membership number in case they ask to see it at the class. Of course the class is in Smyrna, so maybe they're just saving the postage and plan to hand me the package when I arrive.

Cheers,
Rusty

bam1131
04-29-2012, 09:21
I spoke with on of the gssf employees at the match yesterday. She was saying they were busy but it should be in by 3-4 weeks at most. Maybe you should shoot them an email if it has been over 6 weeks. They are a very small group at gssf and they are pretty busy traveling to matches and getting apps processed. I'd give it to the end of the week and if you haven't received it or gotten an email back, I'd call them.

PM720
04-29-2012, 10:13
I spoke with on of the gssf employees at the match yesterday. She was saying they were busy but it should be in by 3-4 weeks at most. Maybe you should shoot them an email if it has been over 6 weeks. They are a very small group at gssf and they are pretty busy traveling to matches and getting apps processed. I'd give it to the end of the week and if you haven't received it or gotten an email back, I'd call them.

Now where did I see this before? :dunno::supergrin:

Scott

13BRV3
04-29-2012, 10:18
I just checked my notes again, and it's actually been over 7 weeks. I guess I've been too busy to be impatient :supergrin:

I just dropped them an email, so I'm sure they'll look into it. I just hope my coveted discount gun coupon isn't lost in the mail :crying:

Cheers,
Rusty

bam1131
04-29-2012, 10:24

Scott

just trying to help someone out..seven weeks is a long time, but there probably is a reason. They are really nice at Gssf and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you resolve the problem. They need to head back to Georgia from the matches this weekend so give them some time... I've learned patience from this lol

stolenphot0
04-29-2012, 12:27

Scott

hmmm... At least he's a learnin' :supergrin:

SARDG
04-29-2012, 19:36

Scott

hmmm... At least he's a learnin' :supergrin:
When you get out in the field, and meet and talk with the fine folks of GSSF, your perspective changes. :whistling:

DannyR
04-30-2012, 05:02
This was a double match weekend for the GSSF staff. One team in Thibodaux and one team in Reevesville. Last weekend one team was in Morganton, NC and this coming weekend is another double match weekend. No rest for the weary, at least not until Memorial Day weekend.

bandook
05-12-2012, 12:43
Received package today. 2 weeks. I sent the app via email on the Friday 2 weeks ago.

BamaTrooper
05-12-2012, 14:28

Not everyone likes the new guy smell:tongueout:

Also, you don't need all of that stuff until you come to MObile in October ('cause I KNOW you are coming over).

stolenphot0
05-12-2012, 18:55
received mine today. :supergrin: was charged on April 27.

bam1131
05-12-2012, 19:36
Not everyone likes the new guy smell:tongueout:

Also, you don't need all of that stuff until you come to MObile in October ('cause I KNOW you are coming over).

I think I got that new guy smell off in the shower. I have all my stuff ready for Mobile, 6 months in advance. Lol. I can't wait. I just started breaking in my 23, and my 17 gen 4 is in prime working condition. I'm getting my practicing in but I think I need some Bama lessons:whistling:

PM720
05-12-2012, 21:27
I'm getting my practicing in but I think I need some Bama lessons:whistling:

Better start practicing getting donuts & coffee then. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

BamaTrooper
05-14-2012, 13:29
Better start practicing getting power rings & go juice then. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

Fixed it for ya:tongueout:

1337Rob
08-26-2012, 16:21
older thread but i thought i should update with current times, i sent my email in last thursday with payment info and I got everything in the mail yesterday. 8 day wait time, but i am located here in atlanta.

G~lock
08-26-2012, 18:50
Good news, I just sent my 2 year membership in today :)

PettyOfficer
08-26-2012, 19:13
Damn it... Okay, I'm turning my printer on and applying today (spent the whole day reading '12 vol 1)... Now that I have my 17 I have no more excuses.

PettyOfficer
08-26-2012, 20:16
It's in the mail now. Wish there was an online option.

TattooedGlock
08-27-2012, 08:25
There is an online option. Just email the PDF with filled in info. I sent mine in this morning for a life membership so I guess we'll see how long it takes. Should I expect a confirmation email or will everything just show up in the mail? Thanks

SARDG
08-27-2012, 08:37
...I sent mine in this morning for a life membership so I guess we'll see how long it takes. Should I expect a confirmation email or will everything just show up in the mail? Thanks
GSSF/Glock sends no confirmations of any kind, for anything whatsoever. You can check your CC statement online to see if they received and processed the payment, then just wait and check your mail...

Ocean_glocker
08-27-2012, 08:56
I wonder if all these people calling GSSF about membership packets are slowing down final results... :)

PettyOfficer
08-27-2012, 08:58
I just PDF emailed it.

I wonder if email is quickest.

With paper, it can hit a pile to be processed later. With email, if they don't have proper folders setup, the email could get lost to the 'read, but already on second page' status and could be forgotten.

I wonder if email is processed immediately because of this.

They really need some basic e-business solutions to make membership applications/renewals and event registration super easy. If could reduce their workload significantly and it can offer instant confirmations.

Of course, if they have almost no IT infrastructure, this could get costly (all the necessary security systems to protect the data).

SARDG
08-27-2012, 09:02
I just PDF emailed it.

With paper, it can hit a pile to be processed later. With email, if they don't have proper folders setup, the email could get lost to the 'read, but already on second page' status and could be forgotten.

I have done both and found no difference in processing time or 'effectiveness'.

They really need some basic e-business solutions to make membership applications/renewals and event registration super easy. If could reduce their workload significantly and it can offer instant confirmations...
Ya think???

SARDG
08-27-2012, 09:05
I wonder if all these people calling GSSF about membership packets are slowing down final results... :)
Dawsonville will be out Thursday... :tongueout: :rofl:

mike g35
08-27-2012, 12:48
Dawsonville will be out Thursday... :tongueout: :rofl:

Followed shortly by Marietta!!! LOL:supergrin:

SARDG
08-27-2012, 12:52
Followed shortly by Marietta!!! LOL:supergrin:
Dream on...:faint:

mike g35
08-27-2012, 13:48
Dream on...:faint:

Cmon SARDG, don't screw up my fantasy world LOL Marietta will be done by next Tuesday. A little bird told me so. LOL:tongueout::rofl:

1337Rob
08-27-2012, 22:23
I just PDF emailed it.

They really need some basic e-business solutions to make membership applications/renewals and event registration super easy. If could reduce their workload significantly and it can offer instant confirmations.

Of course, if they have almost no IT infrastructure, this could get costly (all the necessary security systems to protect the data).

Online is the way to go. Look for your credit card to be charged in the next day or two, after that you will get emails from gssf about random stuff. I got my welcome packet in the mail 8 days afterwards. It came with the Hat, Glock Magazine, Gssf rulebook, sticker, patch, and most importantly...my membership card and pistol purchase coupon. Just be patient and everything will arrive. :D

PettyOfficer
08-28-2012, 07:23
Patience isn't a problem.. I won't be using the coupon anytime soon, nor is there a match I can attend (anytime soon)... I am just a fan of efficiency.

PettyOfficer
08-29-2012, 12:41
Online is the way to go. Look for your credit card to be charged in the next day or two

I just looked at my online bank info and my card was just charged a few minutes ago, the charge hasn't cleared yet (but will shortly). Cool!

Email is definitely the way to go ... or maybe new memberships are processed with a higher priority than renewals.

G~lock
09-11-2012, 19:26
My new member package just came in the mail today yay! So turn around time was about 2 weeks. Least I have a lot of reading material for when I go into the 10 day waiting period, hats cool too. Can't wait to get out on a range :)