Amazing new government intrusion into family life on the farm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Amazing new government intrusion into family life on the farm

czsmithGT
04-25-2012, 13:50
Kids can't work on their parents farms if Obama gets his way.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/25/rural-kids-parents-angry-about-labor-dept-rule-banning-farm-chores/

G-19
04-25-2012, 13:56
More reason for people to get behind Romney so we can make Obama a one term president.

syntaxerrorsix
04-25-2012, 14:27
I've had enough of liberals in office. Is there another option?

barbedwiresmile
04-25-2012, 15:17
More reason for people to get behind Romney so we can make Obama a one term president.

Yes. Mitt Romney is a champion of small, minimally intrusive government.

callihan_44
04-25-2012, 17:27
hmm, guess this may be an excuse to hire illegals since the government see's fit to "protect" the children...This is just a ploy to get control of the food suppy, I remember earning a decent wage hauling hay in the summer, as a matter of fact the farmers depended on youths to get hay put away before any kind of rains hit...

syntaxerrorsix
04-25-2012, 17:32
hmm, guess this may be an excuse to hire illegals since the government see's fit to "protect" the children...This is just a ploy to get control of the food suppy, I remember earning a decent wage hauling hay in the summer, as a matter of fact the farmers depended on youths to get hay put away before any kind of rains hit...

I wouldn't. They sure like hemming up employers and letting the "employees" flee.

ozark-tracker
04-25-2012, 17:33
my Dad put me on a John Deere model A tractor when I was 8 years old, I had already driven it enough to be able to go to the field and do some tractor driving, It wasn't like I was the exception, it was just the normal thing in the 1950's every kid I knew looked forward to being able to drive a tractor in the field, course now I still do drive the tractor, I've been on the farm for the last 50 some years, I don't see anything wrong with teaching a kid some resposibility, sure couldn't hurt.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-29-2012, 03:27
Proposal was scrapped.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/26/amid-nationwide-outcry-labor-dept-withdraws-farm-child-labor-rule/

DOC44
04-29-2012, 03:53
my Dad put me on a John Deere model A tractor when I was 8 years old, I had already driven it enough to be able to go to the field and do some tractor driving, It wasn't like I was the exception, it was just the normal thing in the 1950's every kid I knew looked forward to being able to drive a tractor in the field, course now I still do drive the tractor, I've been on the farm for the last 50 some years, I don't see anything wrong with teaching a kid some resposibility, sure couldn't hurt.

Been there and done that and drove the wagon team too. I am sure obama and Romney can also relate.:rofl:

Doc44

eracer
04-29-2012, 03:57
Yes. Mitt Romney is a champion of small, minimally intrusive government.You crack me up!

:rofl:

JBnTX
04-29-2012, 06:12
Yes. Mitt Romney is a champion of small, minimally intrusive government.

That's a big change from what we have now.

Ruble Noon
04-29-2012, 08:10
That's a big change from what we have now.

What do we have now? A large obtrusive government? I thought you were in favor of that?

czsmithGT
04-29-2012, 13:02
Proposal was scrapped.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/26/amid-nationwide-outcry-labor-dept-withdraws-farm-child-labor-rule/

That is good news.