Obama Gets His News From A Comedien [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gets His News From A Comedien

snerd
04-25-2012, 14:06
..... I think Jon Stewart’s brilliant. It’s amazing to me the degree to which he’s able to cut through a bunch of the nonsense – for young people in particular, where I think he ends up having more credibility than a lot of more conventional news programs do....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/guess-where-obama-says-he-gets-his-news-i-think-jon-stewarts-brilliant/
Interesting......

aircarver
04-25-2012, 14:24
..& Al Franken is a 'Senator' ......:upeyes:

HexHead
04-25-2012, 14:27
So does most of his supporters. It's that kind of critical thinking that's responsible for us getting stuck with him in the first place.

G29Reload
04-25-2012, 14:33
It really is a shame.

I used to be an avid fan of the Daily Show. From the time it was conceived and run by the much funnier Craig Kilborn after TDS replaced Politically (in)Correct in late 1995 with Bill Maher when he went to ABC and later HBO. (I refuse to subscribe to HBO because of this)

I hated Stewart when he arrived, especially for destroying some of Kilborn's traditions like Five Questions. What slowly ruined it for me over time was Leibowitz's (Stewart's real name, self-loathing Jew according to Mark Levin) push to make the show hatefully political. The slow Left turn, the snarky pro-gun control comments, the anti Bush stuff that seemed to happen at a slower pace than the descent into mental illness that was Keith Olberman at MSLSD but nonetheless distinguishable. I held on thanks to some clever writing and some of the supporting cast.

Eventually though, sometime around 2006-07 I just gave it up as a nightly habit.

And the awful truth…a surprising number of kids, -under 30 types, college students…really do get their news and their view of the world from Stewart. And actually believe it as truth even though he does periodically tell them…its FAKE. On top of Left-wing.