Ammo Recomendation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Recomendation

Bigrockreb
04-25-2012, 22:37
Hi Mas.

I just finished reading "In The Gravest Extrme", and just started "The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry".

Thanks for some very good info.

I just traded for my 2nd Glock. It is a 19, gen 3, and it is going to be my carry weapon. I will have to put several rounds through it though before I will trust it fully. Although I am sure it will be fine, I want to be positive.

I will use this to protect not just me, but my wife and two little girls, who I will protect until my death.

My question is, what ammo would you recommend to use in the G19 for self defense?

I was leaning towards the heaviest bullets, in hollow point of some type. But not sure what grain, type bullet, brand, +P+ or +P, etc.

I trust your recommendation. That's why I asked!

Thanks for everything!
Greg

Mas Ayoob
04-26-2012, 08:58
I'm personally partial to 124-127 grain JHP at about 1250 foot-seconds nominal velocity.

best,
mas

Bigrockreb
04-26-2012, 14:13
Thanks. It looks like the only thing I can get my hands on here is Buffalo Bore +P or +P+. Is that good ammo? Or should I order Gold Dot +P?

Or is there another brand that would be better in the G19? I just want to make sure I have the right and best if I ever have to use it.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I just want the best to protect my girls!
Thanks again for the info.
You can PM me if you'd like or email at bigrockreb@msn.com

Greg

Mas Ayoob
04-26-2012, 14:29
Greg, Buffalo Bore is top quality ammo but I don't know of any shootings with the ammo you mentioned. The Gold Dot is a street proven choice in the 124 grain +P, proven from NYPD to Chicago PD to Las Vegas Metro PD.

best,
Mas