para warthog? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : para warthog?

randy41508
04-26-2012, 18:36
looking at getting one so i figured id throw up a post any comments the goods n bads any info would be helpful

porschedog
04-28-2012, 20:02
I just picked up a pre-owned Warthog at Gander in Palm Beach this afternoon

I've got a P-12 that I've enjoyed for ten years now, so I'm hoping the new one will be just as satisfactory

bac1023
04-28-2012, 20:42
I had an early model. It was the worst POS handgun I ever bought.

Para handguns are below average quality to begin with and the Warthog is a crap design.

bac1023
04-28-2012, 20:43
I just picked up a pre-owned Warthog at Gander in Palm Beach this afternoon

I've got a P-12 that I've enjoyed for ten years now, so I'm hoping the new one will be just as satisfactory
Good luck with that. :whistling:

Seriously, I hope it works out. I did hear Para improved the later models.

randy41508
04-28-2012, 21:00
Yes Pls let me know how u make out at the range I got 2 or 3 months till I can afford it so keep me up to date thanks

RYT 2BER
04-28-2012, 21:58

Para handguns are below average quality to begin with and the Warthog is a crap design.

BAC... I think the OP is looking for a more open, less inhibited review...

Can you share how you really feel?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding! :supergrin:

TSAX
04-28-2012, 23:58

BAC... I think the OP is looking for a more open, less inhibited review...

Can you share how you really feel?

:rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding! :supergrin:

:rofl:, bac is this worse than the Taurus and somebody call Todd Jarrett :whistling:

:50cal:

bac1023
04-29-2012, 06:17
:rofl:, bac is this worse than the Taurus and somebady call Todd Jarrett :whistling:

:rofl:

No, Para in general is not worse than Taurus from a parts fitting and finish standpoint, but I do believe Taurus starts with better quality frames and certainly slides.

Para uses a cast slide. :faint:

Ruggles
04-29-2012, 08:31
I had a SS Warthawg about 6-7 years ago. It worked fine but was very easy to limp wrist it and it would caused either a FTF/FTE. I liked shooting it, felt like a big ole handful of .45 ACP. I ended up selling it during one of my crazy gun selling sprees.......

Take it our and shoot the snot out of it :)

Rinspeed
04-29-2012, 11:14
A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/Para.jpg

randy41508
04-29-2012, 11:24
Wow I am afraid to ask what happened.........but what happened?

Rinspeed
04-29-2012, 11:33

That's what happened when you use fair quality cast parts when the parts should never be cast in the first place. :upeyes:

TSAX
04-29-2012, 12:30

:wow:

bac1023
04-29-2012, 13:58

1911 slides should not be cast.

phalanxr
04-29-2012, 14:51
My buddy had one, we put just about every kind of ammo through it from cheap plinking ammo to expensive defense ammo nothing would feed properly in the gun itself.

Bought new mags made sure they were seated properly, gun goes gang, gun jams, clear it, rack it back, fire, gun goes ban, gun jams.

No thanks

GlockRadio
04-29-2012, 15:36
Friends, don't let friends, buy Para's

bac1023
04-29-2012, 16:18
My buddy had one, we put just about every kind of ammo through it from cheap plinking ammo to expensive defense ammo nothing would feed properly in the gun itself.

Bought new mags made sure they were seated properly, gun goes gang, gun jams, clear it, rack it back, fire, gun goes ban, gun jams.

No thanks

My basic experience too

SGT HATRED
04-29-2012, 16:25
I'm not sure about the warthog but I owned a P12 for about 6 months. It was rare to get through a whole mag without a ftf or fte.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/Merlin-X/para022.jpg

TSAX
04-29-2012, 16:26
Friends, don't let friends, buy Para's

Or Taurus :whistling:

MD357
04-29-2012, 17:01

I'm going the Kimber apologist route and say that the owner obviously dropped it on the slide. :cool:

ca survivor
04-30-2012, 06:19

I second that, big POS

Wil Ufgood
04-30-2012, 12:12
To all you unfortunate PARA owners, how was the company's customer service when inquiring about ISSUES?

SGT HATRED
04-30-2012, 13:39
To all you unfortunate PARA owners, how was the company's customer service when inquiring about ISSUES?

Honestly, I didn't even bother... The cost of time and money it takes to send a used gun to the manufacture is not worth it when backpage Is loaded with people who don't care if the gun has "problems"and sold as is.

RF7126
04-30-2012, 14:34

I have an LTC. I had the vaunted PXT extractor break (explode really, leaving gouges in the slide in the notches for the slidestop somehow). They were happy to send me a replacement extractor, but I got to fix it. Unfortunately, I can't prove the gouges happened at the same time.

My experience is similar to the others. A ton of FTFs, FTEs, sights popping out of place, paint coming off the sights, cheap plastic parts, etc...

I won't get Para again unfortunately.

Shark1007
04-30-2012, 16:20
I too had a Para P12, had high hopes for the little rascal. It was the Yugo of 1911's, I tried and tried, but it stayed a POS. I believe it was the worst pistol I ever owned.

I traded it for a Taurus. (not a Ford)

bac1023
04-30-2012, 17:32
I'm going the Kimber apologist route and say that the owner obviously dropped it on the slide. :cool:

:rofl:

mleroux21
04-30-2012, 19:52
So basically everyone feels that Para's are great guns. Unless you plan on shooting them!!! Hahahah

Wil Ufgood
04-30-2012, 20:23
Well at least they don't seem to have that pesky loose grip screw issue.

Jade Falcon
05-01-2012, 17:45
Dude, this thread bums me out! I had plans on one day buying a single-stack SSP with the power-extractor, after reading some gun mag articles about it a few years back. Supposidly, 15,000 rounds without a malfunction, IIRC.

pppilot
05-01-2012, 17:51
I own a Warthog and several other Para products. The Warthog is flawless. I recently bought one of their LDA pistols and have been plagued with light primer strikes. After continuing it's bad behavior since the second factory repair (all freight paid for by Para), Para is now offering to REPLACE the defective pistol with ANY PARA PRODUCT I WANT (and they pay the freight).
Para makes good pistols. There has been, for about the last six months, a major emphasis put on customer satisfaction. They are doing the right thing by me and I commend them for it.

bac1023
05-01-2012, 21:03
Dude, this thread bums me out! I had plans on one day buying a single-stack SSP with the power-extractor, after reading some gun mag articles about it a few years back. Supposidly, 15,000 rounds without a malfunction, IIRC.

The full size, single stack Paras are very reliable, generally speaking.

They just aren't built with the best quality parts.

glock2740
05-01-2012, 22:12
I own a Warthog and several other Para products. The Warthog is flawless. I recently bought one of their LDA pistols and have been plagued with light primer strikes. After continuing it's bad behavior since the second factory repair (all freight paid for by Para), Para is now offering to REPLACE the defective pistol with ANY PARA PRODUCT I WANT (and they pay the freight).
Para makes good pistols. There has been, for about the last six months, a major emphasis put on customer satisfaction. They are doing the right thing by me and I commend them for it.
How many rounds through the Warthog? Light primer strikes on the LDA and they'll replace it with any Para product you want? Kinda silly on their part, since it's most likely a sping/firing pin issue. But, if they'll upgrade you for that, then by all means.

bac1023
05-02-2012, 06:07

That's indeed great customer service. However, I've heard stories of poor service from Para.

As for Para making good pistols, what are you comparing them to? :headscratch: