Sutures [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sutures

C.Smith
04-27-2012, 14:46
Are they a good idea to have and learn how to do? Looking for ideas for solo backpacking/hunting. Also where is a good place to get them.

Corey

JC Refuge
04-27-2012, 17:07
Adventure Medical offers a Suture Syringe Medic Kit (http://www.safecastle.com/suture-syringe-kit.aspx), though they emphasize it is not for non-professional use (see the video at our linked listing). Our member price on that is $20 shipped.

You're talking solo adventures, so I assume you are looking at sewing up your own wounds, right? I would ask a medical professional about how you might do that.

It's possible for some folks to be able to do that, at least for some wounds. But whether you can get training for that--I'm guessing not. Still, you might get some tips from those who regularly perform the procedure on others. And at the very least, if someone else is around or if someone else is the one who is hurt, you'll be better equipped to try to deal with the situation.

C.Smith
05-15-2012, 18:58
I'm hoping our local ER will help me out on Training. I'm know of few the doctors there.

Corey