PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check regarding delegates

RCP
04-27-2012, 20:10
Y'all need to watch this.:whistling:

Reality Check: The Truth About Delegate Numbers In Iowa and Minnesota - YouTube

G29Reload
04-27-2012, 20:38
Not really. It was a clear waste of bandwidth after the first couple of minutes.

Ron Paul will not be selected and he will never be President of the US.

No matter how many temper tantrums his followers have.

At some point, someone will have to explain the point of all these shenanigans, since he has less than 10% of the delegates and likely will never be on the first ballot.

Cavalry Doc
04-27-2012, 20:40
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmfS9ZW_MOx-M4dJG5TW7Mqp7a21flp32NYmp_JIOcrcZCSmlLouwyyb2o

There will be surprises. The question is who will be surprised.

I'll tell you next February.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-3.gif

RCP
04-27-2012, 21:05
Not really. It was a clear waste of bandwidth after the first couple of minutes.

Ron Paul will not be selected and he will never be President of the US.

No matter how many temper tantrums his followers have.

At some point, someone will have to explain the point of all these shenanigans, since he has less than 10% of the delegates and likely will never be on the first ballot.

Ok but don't accuse me or any other Paul supporters of being ignorant of the facts if you can't even bother to take the time to watch whats really happening out there.

walt cowan
04-28-2012, 08:29
rcp, they have openly refuse to face the facts of election fraud, media bought and paid for and being force to except rino think. as long as they think mitts their guy, they'll all act like abused women..."but i love him! i can change him into who i want him to be...i refuse to let my eyes see the rino lipstick on his collar...and the worst, "we always got 2016"

RCP
04-28-2012, 12:37
Sad but true Walt.

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 13:01
Ron Paul is nothing but a distraction from this point on.

He will never be president and he should endorse Romney and drop out of the race. That would be the decent and noble thing to do.

lancesorbenson
04-28-2012, 13:05

He will never be president and he should endorse Romney and drop out of the race. That would be the decent and noble thing to do.

And yet here you are, trolling another Ron Paul thread.

G-19
04-28-2012, 13:09
And yet here you are, trolling another Ron Paul thread.

And yet here you are posting on a another useless Ron Paul thread.

Ruble Noon
04-28-2012, 13:37

The decent and noble thing to do would be Romney admitting that he is a progressive POS, dropping out and endorsing Paul.

lancesorbenson
04-28-2012, 13:38
And yet here you are posting on a another useless Ron Paul thread.

I don't expect you to understand the irony of guys like you and JB spending their time posting here telling everyone how irrelevant Ron Paul is.

You're the guy who thinks productive private sector employment is no different than sucking off the taxpayer's teat. Still can't get over that one.

RCP
04-28-2012, 14:19
If the GOP had the Dems on record doing what the people above were doing in order to try and silence their opposition most the posters here , Fox News, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin would be all over it. Apparently with the GOP doing it to Ron Paul though it's another case of "it's ok when our guy does it".:upeyes:

RC-RAMIE
04-28-2012, 15:33

Ron Paul has said in a couple of interviews unless Mitt changes his views in a lot of issues he can not support him. He also admits that if Mitt didn't change his views an RP endorsement along would not get his supporters votes would it just cost RP credibility with his supports. So what good would it do JB?

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 19:50
Ron Paul has said in a couple of interviews unless Mitt changes his views in a lot of issues he can not support him. He also admits that if Mitt didn't change his views an RP endorsement along would not get his supporters votes would it just cost RP credibility with his supports. So what good would it do JB?

That's the big fear in the republican party leadership.
They don't like Ron Paul and he doesn't like them.

Chances are Ron Paul will never endorse Romney.
Where will this leave the Ron Paul supporters?

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 19:54
I don't expect you to understand the irony of guys like you and JB spending their time posting here telling everyone how irrelevant Ron Paul is.

Well why don't you tell us how Ron Paul is relevant to this presidential election?

What has he accomplished so far?
What do you think he'll accomplish between now and November?

Restless28
04-28-2012, 20:20
Well why don't you tell us how Ron Paul is relevant to this presidential election?

He opened the minds of millions of Americans. Hopefully, those like you will understand someday.

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 20:30
He opened the minds of millions of Americans....

Too bad none of those millions voted for him.:rofl:

Maybe they saw the truth about libertarians when he opened
their minds?

RCP
04-28-2012, 21:35

Did you watch the video?

lancesorbenson
04-28-2012, 21:42

You're obsessed with him, although I don't know if that qualifies as an accomplishment.

He will most certainly have influence at the convention, with a prime time speaking slot pretty likely. He could become even more relevant if he ran third-party, which he most likely won't do. Apparently, if his supporters don't go for Romney it will cost the Republicans the election-or so I've heard on here numerous times. I'd say he's pretty relevant.

Ruble Noon
04-28-2012, 21:52
Too bad none of those millions voted for him.:rofl:

Maybe they saw the truth about libertarians when he opened
their minds?

What is the truth about libertarians JB? That they are more conservative than the republicans?

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 21:55
... I'd say he's pretty relevant.

But all in either a negative or non-effective way.

1. What purpose does speaking at the convention serve?
It's not going to change anything. They'll let him flap his lips
hoping his supporters will vote for Romney, which they won't.

2. If he runs third party, he won't win.
He'll just take votes away from Romney.

3. Ron Paul is the biggest threat to Romney's success.

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 21:58
What is the truth about libertarians JB? That they are more conservative than the republicans?

Whether or not they're more or less conservative than anyone else is a moot point.

The truth about libertarians is that they can't seem to get elected. America has rejected their failed ideology time and time again.

Ruble Noon
04-28-2012, 22:07
Whether or not they're more or less conservative than anyone else is a moot point.

The truth about libertarians is that they can't seem to get elected. America has rejected their failed ideology time and time again.

America does seem to be courting fascism.

G29Reload
04-28-2012, 22:41
Ok but don't accuse me or any other Paul supporters of being ignorant of the facts if you can't even bother to take the time to watch whats really happening out there.

Wouldn't care really. To either accuse, or spend time examining the way he or his minions are going about things, because none of its relevant.

He will not be nominated, ever.

He will never be President. Ever.

Therefore, the whole thing is a pointless, time wasting exercise. As in, doesn't matter.

Its over. He will not be the nominee.

At this point, any effort not supporting the nominee, is aiding the enemy.

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 22:48
Wouldn't care really. To either accuse, or spend time examining the way he or his minions are going about things, because none of its relevant.

He will not be nominated, ever.

He will never be President. Ever.

Therefore, the whole thing is a pointless, time wasting exercise. As in, doesn't matter.

Its over. He will not be the nominee.

At this point, any effort not supporting the nominee, is aiding the enemy.

That pretty much sums it up!

Heartbreaking news for the Ron Paul supporters,
but they've got to hear it sooner or later.

lancesorbenson
04-28-2012, 23:06
Double post

lancesorbenson
04-28-2012, 23:07
But all in either a negative or non-effective way.

1. What purpose does speaking at the convention serve?
It's not going to change anything. They'll let him flap his lips
hoping his supporters will vote for Romney, which they won't.

2. If he runs third party, he won't win.
He'll just take votes away from Romney.

3. Ron Paul is the biggest threat to Romney's success.

First he was, in your words, "irrelevant" and now he's the biggest threat to the presumptive nominee for the Republican party? I have a question. Are you taking any prescription medication?

JBnTX
04-28-2012, 23:24
First he was, in your words, "irrelevant" and now he's the biggest threat to the presumptive nominee for the Republican party? I have a question. Are you taking any prescription medication?

He is irrelevant and he is the biggest obstacle in Romney's way.
But not at the same time.

Irrelevant in that he'll never be the republican nominee, and presents no threat to Romney's winning the republican nomination.

The biggest obstacle in that he will take votes away from Romney if he decides to run third party.

Right now Ron Paul is irrelevant, but he could become a big problem if he doesn't come to his senses and drop out.

jp3975
04-29-2012, 04:35
If anyone wants to bet...

1k says Romney runs against Obama.

eracer
04-29-2012, 05:03
The decent and noble thing to do would be Romney admitting that he is a progressive POS, dropping out and endorsing Paul.
Sadly, 'decent' and 'noble' have no place in our current political system.

Cavalry Doc
04-29-2012, 06:23

Dreams and reality. Usually at least a little different.

I still think this plan to sneak in the back door to the nomination is largely wishful thinking. I could be wrong, but Ron will have to be named the nominee, and not by a shadow convention, before I'll believe it.

Gary W Trott
04-29-2012, 07:56
Dreams and reality. Usually at least a little different.

I still think this plan to sneak in the back door to the nomination is largely wishful thinking. I could be wrong, but Ron will have to be named the nominee, and not by a shadow convention, before I'll believe it.
The important thing Doc is that people like yourself who don't approve of Romney vote for Ron Paul since he's the only alternative left in the race. The goal is to prevent Romney from having it locked up before the convention and if that goal can be achieved I think there is a very good chance that Romney will not win the nomination. I don't know who will but whoever it is will be better than Romney.

Restless28
04-29-2012, 07:58

...and Obama wins.

The Machinist
04-29-2012, 08:10
...and Obama wins.
Guaranteed. Liberal Republicans can't unseat incumbent Democrats.

JBnTX
04-29-2012, 08:11

...and Romney wins.

People are fed up with Obama, and the dislike for him will continue to fester from now to election time.

Obama will be a one term president and a contender for Jimmy
Carter's position as this country's worst president.

JBnTX
04-29-2012, 08:14
Guaranteed. Liberal Republicans can't unseat incumbent Democrats.

Do you consider Ronald Reagan a liberal republican?

He unseated Jimmy Carter.

Cavalry Doc
04-29-2012, 09:54
The important thing Doc is that people like yourself who don't approve of Romney vote for Ron Paul since he's the only alternative left in the race. The goal is to prevent Romney from having it locked up before the convention and if that goal can be achieved I think there is a very good chance that Romney will not win the nomination. I don't know who will but whoever it is will be better than Romney.

I'm still going with the same plan I started with. Anyone but Romney in the Primary, anybody but Barry in the general.

I'll be surprised if Romney is not the eventual nominee. The most interesting thing I am waiting for is to see if Paul is going to actually run third party, or just endorse a third party. Hey, the future is out there, and things could change, but that's how I see things shaping up.

:popcorn: We'll have to wait for it.

lancesorbenson
04-29-2012, 10:14
He is irrelevant and he is the biggest obstacle in Romney's way.
But not at the same time.

Irrelevant in that he'll never be the republican nominee, and presents no threat to Romney's winning the republican nomination.

The biggest obstacle in that he will take votes away from Romney if he decides to run third party.

Right now Ron Paul is irrelevant, but he could become a big problem if he doesn't come to his senses and drop out.

So he's irrelevant but he holds the power to single-handedly stop Romney from being president.

RCP
04-29-2012, 13:21
So he's irrelevant but he holds the power to single-handedly stop Romney from being president.

:rofl:

RCP
04-29-2012, 13:25
Alaska

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-team-joe-miller-take-over-alaska-republican-party

G19G20
04-29-2012, 13:57
Do you consider Ronald Reagan a liberal republican?

He unseated Jimmy Carter.

It sounded like you just compared Romney to Reagan. The hair maybe...

I'm still going with the same plan I started with. Anyone but Romney in the Primary, anybody but Barry in the general.

So you'll be voting for Paul in the upcoming TX primary, right?

Cavalry Doc
04-29-2012, 15:06
It sounded like you just compared Romney to Reagan. The hair maybe...

So you'll be voting for Paul in the upcoming TX primary, right?

It looks that way. So what?

G19G20
04-29-2012, 15:08

Just checking. Bet you didn't expect to have to make that choice, did ya? Though I told you guys it would come down to that eventually.

jp3975
04-29-2012, 18:39
I see no Ron Paul folk are confident enough to take my bet.;p

Right now its up in the air.

50/50ish.

I think it will be close come november.

We'll know how the odds are after a few Romney/Obama debates.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 04:44
Just checking. Bet you didn't expect to have to make that choice, did ya? Though I told you guys it would come down to that eventually.

Actually, I think I mentioned months ago that if it were just Ron & Mittens, I'd have to go with Ron. It was never a doubt that Ron would stay in the race. I expect him to be campaigning at least through November, maybe longer.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 04:45
I see no Ron Paul folk are confident enough to take my bet.;p

Right now its up in the air.

50/50ish.

I think it will be close come november.

We'll know how the odds are after a few Romney/Obama debates.

As is always the case, the election will be decided by what we are all talking about in the two weeks prior to the election.

We'll have to wait to see what that is.

G19G20
04-30-2012, 09:33
It's foolish to bet against corruption, vote fraud, and intimidation. The one thing I can say is that the Paul supporters are winning by the rules. Im not naive enough to believe the party won't continue to break it's own rules, lie, steal and cheat to try to keep their power.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 09:36
It's foolish to bet against corruption, vote fraud, and intimidation. The one thing I can say is that the Paul supporters are winning by the rules. Im not naive enough to believe the party won't continue to break it's own rules, lie, steal and cheat to try to keep their power.

So what happens if Paul doesn't win fair and square? You have to admit that is a possibility.

Right now, I'm guessing he'll run third party, or at least endorse third party candidates. He'll hang in until the bitter end. Or at least I think he will.

G19G20
04-30-2012, 09:46
So what happens if Paul doesn't win fair and square? You have to admit that is a possibility.

Sure it's a possibility. So far, blatant corruption is the name of the game for the party elite, so I don't see how that changes to winning by the rules suddenly.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 10:48
Sure it's a possibility. So far, blatant corruption is the name of the game for the party elite, so I don't see how that changes to winning by the rules suddenly.

There has been blatant corruption in the nomination process? Where?

Gundude
04-30-2012, 12:14
Right now, I'm guessing he'll run third party, or at least endorse third party candidates. He'll hang in until the bitter end. Or at least I think he will.I wish that's the case, but maybe I've become too cynical. I think he'll eventually endorse Romney. He is, after all, a career politician.

I'll be disappointed if he does (endorse Romney), but not surprised.

jp3975
04-30-2012, 12:38

Romney doent need that many more delegates to win.

What corruption?

Come June 5 it will be all over.

Paul has a 10th of the delegates Romney does.

G19G20
04-30-2012, 12:54

Many of the conventions have shown blatant corruption already and I expect it will get worse as Paulites continue to make big gains.

Here's a few recent examples if you're really serious about reading up on it. This doesn't include the primary and caucus vote irregularities (see: Maine results).

Outgoing Alaska GOP chair steals entire $100k party bank account after losing to a Paul supporter:
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-take-over-alaska-republican-party

Priebus may have violated rules and laws in "declaring" Romney the nominee already and assisting his campaign:
http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/04/29/did-the-rnc-break-any-lawsrules-in-its-official/

King Co WA chairwoman kicks entire convention outside after losing chair to Paul supporter:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2018061271_king_co_gop_leader_boots_caucu.html

I can find more but these are the most recent examples.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 12:58
Many of the conventions have shown blatant corruption already and I expect it will get worse as Paulites continue to make big gains.

Here's a few recent examples if you're really serious about reading up on it. This doesn't include the primary and caucus vote irregularities (see: Maine results).

Outgoing Alaska GOP chair steals entire $100k party bank account after losing to a Paul supporter:
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-take-over-alaska-republican-party

Priebus may have violated rules and laws in "declaring" Romney the nominee already and assisting his campaign:
http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/04/29/did-the-rnc-break-any-lawsrules-in-its-official/

King Co WA chairwoman kicks entire convention outside after losing chair to Paul supporter:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2018061271_king_co_gop_leader_boots_caucu.html

I can find more but these are the most recent examples.

There are ways to enforce the rules, if there has been cheating, file the paperwork.

G19G20
04-30-2012, 12:59
Those things are in process but that's beside the point. There is corruption ongoing and Im sure it will continue to get worse.

RCP
04-30-2012, 15:43

I somehow doubt many will take the 5 minutes to watch this as I'm not sure they have even watched the original video I posted but here is one of the most blatant examples. Missouri actually had to hold a "do-over caucus" after they were exposed in their corruption of their attempted nomination process. Please take the time to watch.

4-11-12 Paul Wins! The Missouri GOP Tries Again, St. Charles Caucus Do-Over - YouTube

syntaxerrorsix
04-30-2012, 16:54
Yeah no Constitutional grievance there. Where's JB at?

This is the sort of thing he swears doesn't happen.

Election fraud enforced by PD? Amazing. Result?

152 new RP delegates. Nice.

juggy4711
04-30-2012, 20:18
I'm still going with the same plan I started with. Anyone but Romney in the Primary, anybody but Barry in the general...

Actually, I think I mentioned months ago that if it were just Ron & Mittens, I'd have to go with Ron...

Calling BS on you Doc. Your sig contained the words "and now Paul in the primary" in it until fairly recently. I understand you were put off by the rabid nature of some Paul supporters, but to claim you had this position for months is demonstrably untrue but I'm glad you have come around.

Ruble Noon
04-30-2012, 20:25
Calling BS on you Doc. Your sig contained the words "and now Paul in the primary" in it until fairly recently. I understand you were put off by the rabid nature of some Paul supporters, but to claim you had this position for months is demonstrably untrue but I'm glad you have come around.

Pretty much one Paul supporter that literally started stalking him.

G19G20
05-01-2012, 01:32
Very nice catch Juggy. You're 100% correct. Doc's sig has changed.

Ive been telling this forum for months that Paul is the only conservative choice in this election and now it's time for the second half of the country to decide if they want Romney or an actual conservative. Some chose to believe Santorum or Newt would ride it out but they don't have the money or organizations to do it and that was entirely predictable.

Woofie
05-01-2012, 18:14
I somehow doubt many will take the 5 minutes to watch this as I'm not sure they have even watched the original video I posted but here is one of the most blatant examples. Missouri actually had to hold a "do-over caucus" after they were exposed in their corruption of their attempted nomination process. Please take the time to watch.

4-11-12 Paul Wins! The Missouri GOP Tries Again, St. Charles Caucus Do-Over - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcRa1YGng54)

Why don't stories like this get picked up by any national news outlet?

G19G20
05-01-2012, 19:18

The media is slowly picking it up. Here's a piece from Washington Times. Gotta love the bias. Following the rules is "mischief"? Following the rules is "exploits"?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/1/paul-supporters-create-delegate-mischief/

Before the Paul surprise coup in Massachusetts, for example, the RNC had assigned the Marriott Hotel in Tampa overlooking the convention center for the delegation representing the likely nominee’s home state. The hotel is considered the nicest in the vicinity — and now the Paul delegates will be able to enjoy the top-floor views.

Bwwwahaaahahaa :rofl: :rofl:

What the media still isn't talking about is the corruption on the part of the party establishment though.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 20:22
Those things are in process but that's beside the point. There is corruption ongoing and Im sure it will continue to get worse.

How can it be "beside the point" if the point is that corruption is allegedly happening. :dunno:

File the charges, and if they have merit, chase them to their rightful conclusion.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 20:31

4-11-12 Paul Wins! The Missouri GOP Tries Again, St. Charles Caucus Do-Over - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcRa1YGng54)

I am a staunch advocate for fairness. The rules of the game need to be followed, period, regardless of the outcome.

Looks like justice prevailed there. Good for them. But isn't that just one county, in one state?

frank4570
05-01-2012, 20:40
I am a staunch advocate for fairness. The rules of the game need to be followed, period, regardless of the outcome.

Looks like justice prevailed there. Good for them. But isn't that just one county, in one state?

Yes, it is. But combine that with the obvious effort of the media to suppress Ron Paul and starts to resemble a pattern.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 20:42

Hate to point this out, and it's not intended to be upsetting. But the Paul Campaign has been a PR nightmare on wheels. The same people they should have been courting, they have been pissing off for the last 5 years. Mass email flame campaigns against anyone with a criticism of the Good Doctor have not endeared him to anyone in the media. Being chased by a mob and having insults and snowballs thrown at media personality, is not the way to bring them to your camp.

Everything is personal. Even when it probably should not be. I've had some very objective and valid concerns about Paul. None of which were damning of him in any way, but when mentioned, and supported, I had a dorkhead paul supporter try to track me down personally, and stalk me. Kept trying to get me to meet him somewhere in person, and considering his complete lack of control online, that would have probably ended poorly. Jerckwad idiot googled up the wrong PA in Texas though. Not the brightest candle in the toilet if you know what I mean.

It's that kind of thing that has doomed the Paul campaign. Even though he is a likable fellow, with a few flaws, probably less flaws than the apparent nominee, his supporters have forked him over by their own lack of emotional control and inability to calmly promote him, in rational terms, instead of going postal on people with questions.

Now, that being said, the majority of people that are Paul supporters are not Paul Cultist Disciples, but enough of those guys exist to irritate enough people to have severely hampered his campaign.

And that is from a guy that will almost certainly cast a vote for Paul in less than a month.

Maybe not the only factor, but you have to admit, that IS a factor.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 20:50
Yes, it is. But combine that with the obvious effort of the media to suppress Ron Paul and starts to resemble a pattern.

As the post before this summarizes, some of that is a self inflicted injury.

Generally speaking, in a campaign, if the fraud/irregularities/rule violations did not rise to a level to influence the outcome of a race, even if fully reversed in the injured parties favor, it's not enough to turn over the election.

What happened there was an obvious miscarriage of justice that was reversed, and rightfully so, but in order for corruption of the process to truly be a monumental issue, it would have to rise to the level of influencing the outcome.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 21:09

It started off with just Romney, and due to a pair of the more irritating jackwads that I have had the displeasure of conversing with on this forum, I changed it to include "(& now paul)". It was a tribute to those now banned souls. May they rot in ...er.... rest in peace. :whistling: The original sig line did not include paul. Sig lines change, but posts to not.

Feel free to search all of my previous posts. I have been consistent in saying if it were only Paul and Mittens left in the Primary when it got to Texas, I would vote for Paul. I figured since the only two left in the Republican Primary now are Paul and Romney, it would be confusing to leave the addition in. To be honest, had any of the others hung in, my vote would go to them. Just like last time, by the time the Primary got to Texas, McCain was way out ahead, with only Huckabee and Paul left running. I was seriously considering which would be the best "Non-McCain" vote. A couple of Paul guys convinced me to vote for Huckabee. Great team building skills, are a thing some of those guys are lacking. In that thread, please, do a bit of research before calling someone a liar, especially me. I may post something you don't like, but I'll be honest about it. If there are inconsistencies, it will be due to an honest mistake, or a progression of my opinion. I'm a complex guy, just like all other humans, and I do change my mind a slight bit from time to time. In the Spirit of equal opportunity, I reserve the prerogative to change my mind at least as often as women do. But when I do change my mind, I'll be honest about it.

I've also been pretty consistent in stating that one should vote with their heart in the Primary, and their head in the general too. So, three way race in the General, with Ronny, Barry & Mittens, with Ron trailing badly in the believable polls, I'll vote for Romney, and hope like heck Barry loses. Yeah, it's a long shot, but I'd really like to see Barry pulling up a U-haul to the west wing in less than a year.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-3.gif

RCP
05-01-2012, 21:09

If you watch the video posted that I started this thread with you will see they basically tried the same thing in Washington State. Reports from Paul supporters in other states have pretty much echoed these 2 examples I've posted.

G19G20
05-02-2012, 00:30
Doc, judging a group of well over a million people based on a bad experience with one person is collectivist and unfair to the rest of us who aren't jackwads. Every political campaign has crazy people that cling on. The difference is that the Paul supporters are the ones that everyone talks about while ignoring the others. You can't tell me that even some that post on this forum that are NOT Paul supporters aren't jackwads too but do you judge their entire campaign on that one person?

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 04:48
If you watch the video posted that I started this thread with you will see they basically tried the same thing in Washington State. Reports from Paul supporters in other states have pretty much echoed these 2 examples I've posted.

I did watch it, but it appeared to be unsuccessful in the OP video. If they try, and it doesn't happen, that's good coming out of a bad situation. But that's not going to have an effect on the outcome. Now if they were successful in breaking the rules, fe the charges. Even in the cases of unsuccessful attempts to circumvent the rules, a complaint could be filed.

I'm not convinced that this is widespread. How many counties have voted so far? Hundreds, and this is two.

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 05:01
Doc, judging a group of well over a million people based on a bad experience with one person is collectivist and unfair to the rest of us who aren't jackwads. Every political campaign has crazy people that cling on. The difference is that the Paul supporters are the ones that everyone talks about while ignoring the others. You can't tell me that even some that post on this forum that are NOT Paul supporters aren't jackwads too but do you judge their entire campaign on that one person?

I've had A couple of exceptionally rude encounters. Dozens Of times I've been called unpatriotic, statist, neocon, illiterate In the constitution, a hater of liberty, lacking in principals, lacking in virtue, a leech on the system, equivalent to a welfare bum and the list goes on and on. (ETA: Guess you can add "collectivist" to that list now) It's a strong and recognizable tactic among many screen names. Even some that are nice guys.

There is a definite pattern there, and a significant number of Paul supporters are obviously so emotionally invested in the cult of Paul that they are irrationally irritating. That's bad PR for RP. That's the way it works with most people, including media types.

No,bad behavior is not isolated to the Paul camp, but the quickness at which many supposed Paul supporters turn to insults is remarkable. There is a significant number, unless multiple user names are being used by the same real person. That has happened, all three user names discovered were shut down, but that was a several months ago.

Luckily, I really try not to let the few really bad actors get in the way of doing the right thing. Paul will get my vote in the primary, but not in the general,unless he is the nominee, or he becomes a truly viable candidate.

I still think that a disorganized campaign and the attacks in all directions of people critical of Paul have hurt his ability to get his message out there, and to reach voters. Just my opinion though.

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 19:57
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/278/6/f/Cone_of_Silence____privchat__by_RetroZombie.gif

So? Nothing to add?

No response, is a response.

Ruble Noon
05-02-2012, 20:28
I've had A couple of exceptionally rude encounters. Dozens Of times I've been called unpatriotic, statist, neocon, illiterate In the constitution, a hater of liberty, lacking in principals, lacking in virtue, a leech on the system, equivalent to a welfare bum and the list goes on and on. (ETA: Guess you can add "collectivist" to that list now) It's a strong and recognizable tactic among many screen names. Even some that are nice guys.

There is a definite pattern there, and a significant number of Paul supporters are obviously so emotionally invested in the cult of Paul that they are irrationally irritating. That's bad PR for RP. That's the way it works with most people, including media types.

No,bad behavior is not isolated to the Paul camp, but the quickness at which many supposed Paul supporters turn to insults is remarkable. There is a significant number, unless multiple user names are being used by the same real person. That has happened, all three user names discovered were shut down, but that was a several months ago.

Luckily, I really try not to let the few really bad actors get in the way of doing the right thing. Paul will get my vote in the primary, but not in the general,unless he is the nominee, or he becomes a truly viable candidate.

I still think that a disorganized campaign and the attacks in all directions of people critical of Paul have hurt his ability to get his message out there, and to reach voters. Just my opinion though.

Not the cult of Paul, just believers in liberty, the Constitution, small government that doesn't feel the need to spy on every e-mail or phone call one of its citizens makes, a government that doesn't violate our rights or our Constitution and a sound currency that the likes of the Ben Bernank can't devalue on a whim.

Oh, and I never called you a leech. :tongueout:

The Machinist
05-02-2012, 20:31
Not the cult of Paul, just believers in liberty, the Constitution, small government that doesn't feel the need to spy on every e-mail or phone call one of its citizens makes, a government that doesn't violate our rights or our Constitution and a sound currency that the likes of the Ben Bernank can't devalue on a whim.

Is that all you got? Facts?

What's this liberty nonsense? And you don't want to be spied on? What are you hiding? I think you're just being emotional and irrational. :whistling:

frank4570
05-02-2012, 21:55
Doc,In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. I try to be pleasant. And I'm very much a ....Ron Paul supporter(Paulbot).

Kevin108
05-02-2012, 22:01
Where will this leave the Ron Paul supporters?

Waiting for 2016 so we can vote for Rand.

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 05:18
Doc,In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. I try to be pleasant. And I'm very much a ....Ron Paul supporter(Paulbot).

Well, some people can pull of being smart and pleasant, and some neither. That's one of the interesting things about humans, no two are exactly alike.

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 05:28

I also believe in liberty, The Constitution, smaller government, and don't feel the Government should be watching every intimate detail of our lives, and I could go on for hours about how we should try to fix the financial system, the fed was a mistake.

We may differ on the details, but the concepts are not exclusively supported by just paul fans. That's an interesting point from a psychiatric point of view, believing that you are pure in heart and deed, and everyone else that disagrees with you are bad, stupid, or evil, is the beginning of a very interesting journey through the mental health system for some. Not most, just some. For the majority, it's just simple arrogance.

All that, and I'm still not a Paul fan. I disagree with him on some things. Not all, just some. I disagree with Barry and Romney a lot too. I don't have a candidate that is running that embodies my beliefs. They all kinda suck.

Woofie
05-03-2012, 14:10
Hate to point this out, and it's not intended to be upsetting. But the Paul Campaign has been a PR nightmare on wheels. The same people they should have been courting, they have been pissing off for the last 5 years. Mass email flame campaigns against anyone with a criticism of the Good Doctor have not endeared him to anyone in the media. Being chased by a mob and having insults and snowballs thrown at media personality, is not the way to bring them to your camp.

Everything is personal. Even when it probably should not be. I've had some very objective and valid concerns about Paul. None of which were damning of him in any way, but when mentioned, and supported, I had a dorkhead paul supporter try to track me down personally, and stalk me. Kept trying to get me to meet him somewhere in person, and considering his complete lack of control online, that would have probably ended poorly. Jerckwad idiot googled up the wrong PA in Texas though. Not the brightest candle in the toilet if you know what I mean.

It's that kind of thing that has doomed the Paul campaign. Even though he is a likable fellow, with a few flaws, probably less flaws than the apparent nominee, his supporters have forked him over by their own lack of emotional control and inability to calmly promote him, in rational terms, instead of going postal on people with questions.

Now, that being said, the majority of people that are Paul supporters are not Paul Cultist Disciples, but enough of those guys exist to irritate enough people to have severely hampered his campaign.

And that is from a guy that will almost certainly cast a vote for Paul in less than a month.

Maybe not the only factor, but you have to admit, that IS a factor.

Even if Paul and his supporters have offended every major news outlet in the country, I would think that CNN or MSNBC, or some other liberal news outlet would love to run a story they can misrepresent to say "Romney Campaign Cheats to Win Elections."

Woofie
05-03-2012, 14:15
I also believe in liberty, The Constitution, smaller government, and don't feel the Government should be watching every intimate detail of our lives, and I could go on for hours about how we should try to fix the financial system, the fed was a mistake.

We may differ on the details, but the concepts are not exclusively supported by just paul fans. That's an interesting point from a psychiatric point of view, believing that you are pure in heart and deed, and everyone else that disagrees with you are bad, stupid, or evil, is the beginning of a very interesting journey through the mental health system for some. Not most, just some. For the majority, it's just simple arrogance.

All that, and I'm still not a Paul fan. I disagree with him on some things. Not all, just some. I disagree with Barry and Romney a lot too. I don't have a candidate that is running that embodies my beliefs. They all kinda suck.

While I agree more with Ron Paul than any other candidate currently, I don't consider myself a fan of his.

I think he has a lot of good ideas, and I think with the right cabinet and Congress he could get us on the fast track for recovery.

BUT our country isn't ready for big changes in that direction. I seriously doubt Paul is capable of handling the consequences of his plans being swiftly put into action. Whoever finally ends the welfare state is going to have to be prepared to be brutal when multitudes of the have-nots can't cope.

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 14:20
Even if Paul and his supporters have offended every major news outlet in the country, I would think that CNN or MSNBC, or some other liberal news outlet would love to run a story they can misrepresent to say "Romney Campaign Cheats to Win Elections."

It's reasonable to think that, but you'd have to let them know, and hope you found an interested reporter. The problem is if it is a couple of isolated incidents the Romney campaign could show it wasn't going to have an impact on the outcome, and it's a minor issue, they didnt employ the people that made the mistake, and that was resolved. The RNC would say the same, and that it was due to misconduct that was resolved. Net effect would not be zero, but it would be small.