I hate it when that happens, Kevin:crying:

TSAX
04-28-2012, 11:34
I hate it when that happens, Kevin:crying:

I do too

:50cal:

Bullman
04-28-2012, 12:52
I was looking for a guy who supposedly haunts the salem shows with a table full of old shotgun barrels, but he wasn't there today. I didn't find any shotgun accessories either, if I would have found an extension for my 930 I would have bought one. Lots of guns, and tons and tons of AR accessories. Some candles, electronic ciggies, and lots of paracord bracelets too.

But for the big laugh of the day, we walked past a table with holsters on it and you will never guess what the sign said......

tous
04-28-2012, 13:56
You sayin' you left orphan Smith and Wessons a-beggin' in the street? :miff:

Bullman
04-28-2012, 14:28
Heck, I didn't have enough money for what they was askin.

tous
04-28-2012, 14:39
You can sell some children, right?

okie
04-28-2012, 14:45

It's for the 1911's:supergrin:

smith10
04-28-2012, 15:14
I was looking for a guy who supposedly haunts the salem shows with a table full of old shotgun barrels, but he wasn't there today. I didn't find any shotgun accessories either, if I would have found an extension for my 930 I would have bought one. Lots of guns, and tons and tons of AR accessories. Some candles, electronic ciggies, and lots of paracord bracelets too.

But for the big laugh of the day, we walked past a table with holsters on it and you will never guess what the sign said......

What did the sign say?

kirgi08
04-28-2012, 17:40
:impatient:

Bullman
04-28-2012, 19:42
What did the sign say?

:impatient:

lol

AMISH MADE HOLSTERS

:rofl:

smith10
04-28-2012, 20:07
Holsters made from Amish!!!!!! :scared:

kirgi08
04-28-2012, 20:08
High cap farming implements.'08. :dunno:

smokin762
04-28-2012, 20:38

The Gun Show in your area sounds a lot like the ones in my area.

Gun Shows are becoming flea markets.:whistling:

ChuteTheMall
04-28-2012, 22:26
Can't be a total loss if you got to sample free mystery jerky while listening to the crackle of 100,000 volt stun guns while scary people pointed guns at you.

Say Hi to Trader Jerry for me.:wavey:

El_Ron1
04-29-2012, 00:34

http://oneguyrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BluesBrothers.jpg

Bullman
04-29-2012, 07:22
Ahhh yes, the stun guns, it is almost like you were there. Is that what Chantilly is like?

ChuteTheMall
04-29-2012, 19:17
Ahhh yes, the stun guns, it is almost like you were there. Is that what Chantilly is like?

Yep, it's always a big, crowded show.
Beware of slung rifles, muzzles hitting you in the face.
:wow:

tous
04-29-2012, 20:17
A Texas gunshows, you gots to beware the belt buckles.
They mostly fill the place up and often come equipped with big bellys.

Bullman
04-30-2012, 00:48
Another thing that struck me as reather stupid. They wouldn't allow me to go armed in there, although I had my creds with me. They would allow me to take my EMPTY zip tied Glock 23 in there with me, I guess on the premise that I might sell it. I could have bought allt he magazines and ammo I needed inside to put it back into service and kill everyone inside, provided they didn't get me first.

So I ask. Why did they make me take my ammo back to my truck?

COWBOYSHOOTER
04-30-2012, 05:58
Another thing that struck me as reather stupid. They wouldn't allow me to go armed in there, although I had my creds with me. They would allow me to take my EMPTY zip tied Glock 23 in there with me, I guess on the premise that I might sell it. I could have bought allt he magazines and ammo I needed inside to put it back into service and kill everyone inside, provided they didn't get me first.

Mebbe ya need one of them there pocket pistols?:dunno:

kirgi08
04-30-2012, 07:20
Another thing that struck me as rather stupid. They wouldn't allow me to go armed in there, although I had my creds with me. They would allow me to take my EMPTY zip tied Glock 23 in there with me, I guess on the premise that I might sell it. I could have bought allt he magazines and ammo I needed inside to put it back into service and kill everyone inside, provided they didn't get me first.

Do what,they disarm a state LEO.'08. :faint::faint::faint::faint:

Kevin,that's got ta be a promoter thing. :dunno:

CJStudent
04-30-2012, 07:52

I love Kentucky; they don't allow even property owners to disarm LEOs :supergrin:

kirgi08
04-30-2012, 08:17
CJ,can you link that statute for me?,I wouldn't even know how.Or pm it ta me.NC don't have that afaik.'08.

smokin762
04-30-2012, 17:47

L.E's having to disarm is very strange. :shocked:

ChuteTheMall
04-30-2012, 17:59
MOVED to Page Two

I've seen uniformed police wearing guns at every Chantilly gun show (VSP, Fairfax County PD, and Falls Church PD which is about 10 miles away). It appears at least some of them were hired for security, but they were shopping like the rest of us.:supergrin:

Keoking
04-30-2012, 18:20
The shows in DFW are posted for no carry, but uniformed LEO are exempt (per the signs). I'm not sure how this would apply to a plainclothes cop or Fed. My ex-GF is in the FBI, and she says that they are strongly encouraged to carry everywhere and always. I don't see her disarming for anyone.

tous
04-30-2012, 18:41
T I don't see her disarming for anyone.

Not even when you and she play Naughty Librarian and the Overdue Fine Scofflaw?

:supergrin:

The reason for not allowing sworn peace officers to have their sidearms with them at a gun show perplexes me. We trust them to have a pistol on the street and in public, but somehow a gun show ... what? Will cause homicidal madness? Make them forget who they are and imagine that they are in a video game? They'll be driven to violate civil rights? :headscratch:

CJStudent
04-30-2012, 20:02
CJ,can you link that statute for me?,I wouldn't even know how.Or pm it ta me.NC don't have that afaik.'08.

I don't remember the statute; I'll have to look it up when I get home.

CJStudent
04-30-2012, 21:30
Here it is:

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/527-00/020.PDF

Read sections 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7.

ashecht
05-01-2012, 06:14
The Gun Show in your area sounds a lot like the ones in my area.

Gun Shows are becoming flea markets.:whistling:

please lets not forget the jerky and wood carvings:dunno:

HiddenEyes
05-01-2012, 12:27
My creds always got me in armed however I wanted to be. Plain clothes or in uniform didn't seem to matter.

There are plenty more times I carried and they just never knew. "You have any guns you need to check?" "No sir, I'm hoping to be carrying one when I pass you going the other way though." Not lying, since I didn'y have any guns they needed to check. I learned that from a defense attorney.

Mr. HE:cool:

HiddenEyes
05-01-2012, 12:47
Another one I got a kick out of...

At Estes Park, CO at the highlands festival they have people running all over the place with swords on their belts, dirks in their socks, skives hanging around their necks, etc. When you buy a knife from a vendor you have to sign a paper promising you won't take it out of the "sealed wrapper" on the premises. The sealed wrapper consists of them sticking the knife in two plastic bags, rolling them up, and taping them with packing tape.

If you don't sign, they won't give you the knife. So I signed it Mickey Mouse and walked out of the tent with my new pocket knife, opened said wrapper with my other pocket knife, and tossed the wrapper in the trash. Got thrown in jail.

Not really, I don't think anyone even knew or cared once I was out of the tent. :dunno:

kirgi08
05-01-2012, 14:00
Kinda :sad: ain't it.'08.

HiddenEyes
05-01-2012, 15:05
Downer and head scratcher for sure.

smokin762
05-01-2012, 15:13
please lets not forget the jerky and wood carvings:dunno:

Also the knick knacks and snow globes. :faint:

Veedubklown
05-01-2012, 22:57
Holsters made from Amish!!!!!! :scared:
IT'S PEOPLE! - YouTube
Also the knick knacks and snow globes. :faint:
Wouldn't be a gun show without some nazi paraphernalia, right?

Bullman
05-02-2012, 02:05
Plenty of Nazi stuff there too.

tous
05-02-2012, 08:39
They still got tables full of old, rusting Moisin Nagant M44s for $50 that folk jump on until they discover the amunition is really, really expensive? :ack:

kirgi08
05-02-2012, 10:04
You bought how many?.'08. :rofl:

Bullman
05-02-2012, 11:51
I was just looking for a shotgun barrel. Until now all the sources I had looked at were about as costly as buying another Model 11, then I discovered EBay

COWBOYSHOOTER
05-03-2012, 05:54
I was just looking for a shotgun barrel. Until now all the sources I had looked at were about as costly as buying another Model 11, then I discovered EBay

I searched for months for a Remington 870 barrel with no luck. Accidently found a Model 500 Mossberger barrel. So I bought a whole nother Model 500 and had the barrel chopped down to 19.5". And it was STILL cheaper than a new barrel for my 870. :upeyes:

On a not entirely related note...Wally World has 500 Mossbergs for 220. USED ones go for 200 at auction. People is nuts. :crying:

Veedubklown
05-03-2012, 12:25
On a not entirely related note...Wally World has 500 Mossbergs for 220. USED ones go for 200 at auction. People is nuts. :crying:

They hold their value well. Most guns do.

smokin762
05-03-2012, 14:32
IT'S PEOPLE! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE)

Wouldn't be a gun show without some nazi paraphernalia, right?

That too. Don't forget the peddlers who bring their dogs with them. :faint:

smokin762
05-03-2012, 14:39
I searched for months for a Remington 870 barrel with no luck. Accidently found a Model 500 Mossberger barrel. So I bought a whole nother Model 500 and had the barrel chopped down to 19.5". And it was STILL cheaper than a new barrel for my 870. :upeyes:

I remember years ago, you could buy a brand new 18" Mossberg barrel for around $40.00 and a side saddle for around $20.00 at the Gun Show.

How time fly's by. :whistling:

Bullman
05-03-2012, 18:10
I remember buying an M-1 Garand for $400 bucks. You won't find any for that price anymore, you can't find an M-1 Carbine for that.

Veedubklown
05-03-2012, 18:31
That too. Don't forget the peddlers who bring their dogs with them. :faint:
At least at our local shows, we have this woman who goes crazy with a survival shovel. She's gotta be 60-70 years old, and will demonstrate this thing for you, choping wood with it saying you could defend yourself from an attacker with it, chop them up and bury them, with 1 tool.

smokin762
05-05-2012, 10:00
Years ago at the Gun Show, I bought a brand new Springfield 1911 for $340.00 that was with the tax.

I remember buying Military Surplus 1911 and M1 Carbine magazines in the wax paper for $6.00 each.

smokin762
05-05-2012, 10:03
At least at our local shows, we have this woman who goes crazy with a survival shovel. She's gotta be 60-70 years old, and will demonstrate this thing for you, choping wood with it saying you could defend yourself from an attacker with it, chop them up and bury them, with 1 tool.

I am sure we have them too at the Gun Shows around me. I just stay far................................. far away from them. :supergrin:

Veedubklown
05-05-2012, 15:22
I am sure we have them too at the Gun Shows around me. I just stay far................................. far away from them. :supergrin:

No way dude, she rocks. That is serious comedy to watch a woman your mother/grandmothers age go to town on a block of ceder, huffing out her sales pitch the whole way, then bends this shovel in half and sits on it. "See? It's even a comfortable place to sit, after you've burried your attacker." :rofl::rofl:

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 11:56
MOVED to Page Three:rofl: