United States Budget Dilemma [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : United States Budget Dilemma


Ruble Noon
04-29-2012, 08:57
United States Budget Dilemma.wmv - YouTube

aircarver
04-29-2012, 10:35
A message that will be completely lost on the half of the voters for 'gimmee' .....:frown:

.

Cavalry Doc
04-29-2012, 11:39
Hang on, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Brucev
04-29-2012, 12:20
Simple answer. Remove the ceiling on S.S. Apply the tax to all money earned by whatever source. And... apply it to all persons. Now, given that multi-national corporations want to play "person," let them have the fun of paying into S.S. on every single dollar they make without exception. Oh... let them also receive a nice S.S. check when they "retire."

Dexters
04-29-2012, 12:50
Simple answer. Remove the ceiling on S.S. Apply the tax to all money earned by whatever source. And... apply it to all persons. Now, given that multi-national corporations want to play "person," let them have the fun of paying into S.S. on every single dollar they make without exception. Oh... let them also receive a nice S.S. check when they "retire."

Corporations do not pay taxes - they collect taxes - they are included in the cost of their goods sold. So ultimately, the consumer pays it - a regressive tax.

Also, on international sale, it puts US corporations at a price disadvantage to other mfg such as those in China/India that do not have SS taxes.

walt cowan
04-30-2012, 06:50
end the fed. problem fixed.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 07:50
end the fed. problem fixed.

Maybe helped, but not fixed. Pass a constitutional amendment to cap spending at 80% of revenue, use the rest to pay off the debt, once paid off, cap spending to 95% of revenue, the remaining 5 % to go into a rainy day fund only spendable with 2/3 of congress, the president, and at least a majority of the supreme court signing the check.

aircarver
04-30-2012, 07:54
[Sigh]

Paying off the debt will just allow the commie-crats to do runamuck spending again, the next time they get their hands on the levers of power .... :frown:

.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 08:06
[Sigh]

Paying off the debt will just allow the commie-crats to do runamuck spending again, the next time they get their hands on the levers of power .... :frown:

.

There are really only three choices. Pay off the debt, default, or continue with crippling debt. Unless we allow financial darwinism to take its natural course, and allow non-producers to land in povertyville, we will never be free of the debt. It's theft from future generations. It can be fixed, but it would require significant austerity measures, and national will. Right now, I don't see it getting any better in my lifetime. It should be very interesting to watch though.

G17Jake
04-30-2012, 17:52
The first cuts should be to congressional pensions and perks. They failed miserably. We need people who want to serve their country, not be part of a privileged class.

Yes, that is a drop in the bucket, but it sends a message the party is over for all of us.