UK again: Racist Twitter user jailed for 56 days [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UK again: Racist Twitter user jailed for 56 days

DonGlock26
04-29-2012, 09:34
Racist Twitter user jailed for 56 days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17515992

I think the gov't jailing the man is morally worse than making racist statements. Where does this end up? Concentration camps?

-

JFrame
04-29-2012, 10:53
The UK never had a Bill of Rights with a First Amendment.

The "progressives" wish it were the same for this country... They're doing everything they can to change that.

maxsnafu
04-29-2012, 11:22
Coming soon to an America near you.

Brucev
04-29-2012, 12:14
Orwellian. Reflects the generally weak personal freedom typical of england and most of old europe.

W420Hunter
04-29-2012, 13:28
Ok I just do not get it. What law did he brake? I mean I get the idea that there is no first amendment to cover what he said, but just saying offencive things can get you tossed in jail now? That seems a bit far even for the UK.

JFrame
04-29-2012, 13:47
Ok I just do not get it. What law did he brake? I mean I get the idea that there is no first amendment to cover what he said, but just saying offencive things can get you tossed in jail now? That seems a bit far even for the UK.

How about the elderly British chap who woke up in his bedroom one night to find two hooligans wielding baseball bats approaching him, got hold of the shotgun next to his bed, and killed one of the two miscreants...I believe that fellow with the shotgun is serving a life sentence.

Not to say that we don't witness our own share of miscues over here -- but the "justice" system over there is downright perverted. But then, they're pretty hard-core statist over there, and they've had a good head start on that path.