self defense [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : self defense

bk1951
04-29-2012, 14:28
hi mas, thank u for taking time to answer our questions..im a handicaped person unable to walk without a walking stick, unable to run at all,if i bend past my knees i will fall..then i would need someone to help me up.i have muscular dystropy,it attackes the muscles in the body,makes them weak.heres my question,if im outside some one comes up to me to rob me ,he has knife, bat , gun , what ever, what are my options? knowing my medical history...i do carry..can i use lethal force since im unable to run.. ty u very much for your time.. bk 1951:wavey:

Mas Ayoob
04-29-2012, 21:32
BK, being a physically challenged person up against an able-bodied antagonist, you definitely have a disparity of force issue. But physically impaired or able-bodied, you're dealing with a two-edged sword from the tactical side of things. Certainly, a violent attack by an assailant with a knife, a bat, or a gun can justify a deadly force response, but we all have to consider the action/reaction factor. Drawing against a drawn gun, or a drawn knife at close range, is not a winning strategy unless it can be done with great speed and accuracy.

Wishing you the best,
Mas

bk1951
04-30-2012, 08:25
ty u for your reply...bk