Think you know george zimmerman? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Think you know george zimmerman?

zeke501
04-30-2012, 06:29
And now, Reuters has put together a detailed profile of Zimmerman that seems to suggest he was a concerned citizen that was trying to help fix his community and those in it reeling from recent crime. He was a compassionate neighbor, it seems, not a lunatic with a gun.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/think-you-know-george-zimmerman-this-new-timeline-could-change-the-perception/

Looks like we need more Zimmermans in the world to me!!

snerd
04-30-2012, 07:52
It's much too late for the truth. He must be crucified so cities won't burn. The usual racists, along with the media, cannot retract now.

Skyhook
04-30-2012, 08:13
It's much too late for the truth. He must be crucified so cities won't burn. The usual racists, along with the media, cannot retract now.

Still and all, Zimmerman provided us with one more example of the wild (WA) nature of today's irresponsible media.:steamed:

Every bit of evidence, every shred of truth, need to come into the consciousness of the masses.

cowboywannabe
04-30-2012, 08:28
the media has an act stupidly for free card when it comes to race baiting.

itstime
04-30-2012, 08:38
Is this trial really about truth? Not since day one.

Theedia should be held responsible when they report on cases like this with false information.

jay-bird
04-30-2012, 08:40
Is this trial really about truth? Not since day one.

Theedia should be held responsible when they report on cases like this with false information.

The trial hasn't started yet, genius.

cowboywannabe
04-30-2012, 09:01
The trial hasn't started yet, genius.

the trial is over, genius. hes already been tried and convicted by the media, race baiters, and other troglodytes. all thats left now is for the legal court to go through the motions and sentence him, as theyve shown to have already been influenced by those mentioned above.

had there been real evidence to support this charge it would have come within weeks of the incident, not months and only after racists call for "justice".

Fred Hansen
04-30-2012, 09:25
had there been real evidence to support this charge it would have come within weeks of the incident, not months and only after racists call for "justice".And at a bare minimum, such evidence would have been presented to a Grand Jury.

Unfortunately, Floriduh guards its status as America's idiot step-cousin far too jealously. Special Prosecution Czarina is Floriduh's idea of justice.

TRAYVON MARTIN- INTERVIEW WITH ATTORNEY BENJAMIN CRUMP ON CIRCLE TEN MEDIA - YouTube

Peepa ha' spokin...

:upeyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jay-bird
04-30-2012, 09:44
...had there been real evidence to support this charge it would have come within weeks of the incident...

You clearly do not understand how the legal system works. All of the evidence is there. The state has to figure out what the appropriate charge is.

I've seen an arrest made MONTHS after a hand-written and spoken-and-recorded confession.

cowboywannabe
04-30-2012, 10:06
You clearly do not understand how the legal system works. All of the evidence is there. The state has to figure out what the appropriate charge is.

so within weeks the media and racist know more about the law and the case with nothing but partial speculation than does the prosecutor who had all the evidence for months?

I've seen an arrest made MONTHS after a hand-written and spoken-and-recorded confession.

you think they might have had to verify/investigate the confession or do you think they just went with what the confessor said?

jay-bird
04-30-2012, 13:37
All I'm saying is - there is sufficient evidence to charge him - it the State's eyes. If the evidence is not there to justify the charge, the judge will throw the case out.

I'm not saying I believe Zimmerman is guilty or innocent. I don't know. I wasn't there.

However, in both accounts of the incident, Zimmerman pursued Martin. Armed pursuit by a non LEO. In the end the guy without the gun is dead.

It's going to be a tough case. If Zimmerman stopped the pursuit and Martin attacked him - then the 2nd degree murder charge won't stick.

cowboywannabe
04-30-2012, 13:55
All I'm saying is - there is sufficient evidence to charge him - it the State's eyes. If the evidence is not there to justify the charge, the judge will throw the case out.

I'm not saying I believe Zimmerman is guilty or innocent. I don't know. I wasn't there.

However, in both accounts of the incident, Zimmerman pursued Martin. Armed pursuit by a non LEO. In the end the guy without the gun is dead.

It's going to be a tough case. If Zimmerman stopped the pursuit and Martin attacked him - then the 2nd degree murder charge won't stick.

eye witnesses stated that zimmerman was being beaten into the ground near his own vehicle. this was known almost immediately by the police and prosecuters

so zimmerman pursued martin to his own (zimmerman's)vehicle?

lets see what facts the media has put out there. zimmerman was in his own neighborhood which had been victimized by criminals frequently and he was following on foot a person not known to him (martin) because he suspected him of being up to no good. zimmerman called the police and relayed this information to them, asking them to investigate. zimmerman obviously stopped following martin as martin beat zimmerman to a bloody pulp back at zimmerman's vehicle. says who? zimmerman and two eye witnesses.

and you are right, we dont know all the facts. far as we know the prosecuters interviewed the eye witnesses and determined that they were leing and that zimmerman fell on the curb and busted his own head after he shot martin, then dragged martin's body back to his (zimmerman's) vehicle and claimed that he was attacked.

Cavalry Doc
04-30-2012, 14:28

Armed pursuit? I'm not sure I'd describe any of the accounts of what happened as an "armed pursuit". That makes it sound as if he were running at the guy with gun drawn, and I haven't seen that claim anywhere.

The case entirely depends on what happened once the two them became aware of each other, then the details are important, right up to the point he fired the shot.

Time will tell. Whether he should have been charged will be easier to decide once all the testimony is completed. There is at least one bad guy in this situation, maybe two. Wait for it.

Gundude
04-30-2012, 14:43
so zimmerman pursued martin to his own (zimmerman's)vehicle? Why not? You've never seen a pursuit come around back to its starting point before?

cowboywannabe
04-30-2012, 21:52
Why not? You've never seen a pursuit come around back to its starting point before?

i guess there have been some foot chases that ended that way somewhere.

jay, dont take what i said as an attack on you, not meant that way. im just discussted with how the lame stream media has the case sewn up already.

Ruggles
04-30-2012, 22:15
They could have 10 trials with 10 juries and 10 judges and some people on both sides of would not respect the outcome even if they were exactly the same. Racist on both sides of this mess made up their mind about this case before Zimmerman even woke up that morning. It is not about what occurred but the color of skin, it is all their shallow minds can see. White racist or black racist, all of it is just so simple minded that those who have those racist views do not have the intellect to judge a criminal case IMO. But thanks to 24 hour media and the internet they sure can express their views it seems.

I am still of the opinion this is one hugely over hyped case that a majority of Americans of all colors really are not as invested emotionally in as it appears in the media. I guess what part if any it plays in the election will show that.

ModGlock17
04-30-2012, 22:32

However, in both accounts of the incident, Zimmerman pursued Martin. Armed pursuit by a non LEO. .....

Many people bought into that argument.

It's the argument that, "If you PURSUED, then you are GUILTY."

The local law doesn't say anything near this, "If someone pursue you, regardless of intention, then you can bash his/her head in. And if he kills you, then he is not justified."

The law simply says that you are allowed to use deadly force to defend yourself (and others) if you believe and can show reasonably that your life (or others) is in serious danger.

The law focuses in precisely that MOMENT of threat. It does not look at the "big picture of causes and chain reactions".
...because if it attempts to look at the large causes and reactions.... it can go all the way to blaming the immigration of slavery... LOL.

Ruggles
04-30-2012, 22:36
Many people bought into that argument.

It's the argument that, "If you PURSUED, then you are GUILTY."

The local law doesn't say anything near this, "If someone pursue you, regardless of intention, then you can bash his/her head in. And if he kills you, then he is not justified."

The law simply says that you are allowed to use deadly force to defend yourself (and others) if you believe and can show reasonably that your life (or others) is in serious danger.

The law focuses in precisely that MOMENT of threat. It does not look at the "big picture of causes and chain reactions".

But I think the jury will. Circumstance preceding the actual killing do play a factor in the legal outcome of many a murder trial, why not this one? :dunno:

Harper
04-30-2012, 22:39
And at a bare minimum, such evidence would have been presented to a Grand Jury.

Unfortunately, Floriduh guards its status as America's idiot step-cousin far too jealously. Special Prosecution Czarina is Floriduh's idea of justice.

TRAYVON MARTIN- INTERVIEW WITH ATTORNEY BENJAMIN CRUMP ON CIRCLE TEN MEDIA - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPd2ta6hgw)

Peepa ha' spokin...

:upeyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man he was all over her.

ModGlock17
04-30-2012, 22:53
But I think the jury will. Circumstance preceding the actual killing do play a factor in the legal outcome of many a murder trial, why not this one? :dunno:

Circumstance is used to establish a "motive" and an "opportunity" to commit a crime.

[Note that the case against Casey Anthony is all circumstantial, because it did not tie to the moment of demise in question].

My argument would be that: circumstance at 10:01pm was suddenly REPLACED by new circumstance at 10:15pm that was heightened by NEW motive and NEW opportunity, to committ a crime. That is, the shooter (or the hunter) found himself on the bottom of a fight, losing, and about to have his gun taken by the dominant one, and likely shot dead with his own gun by the dominant one. The hunter became the hunted and a loser, at the moment, who had no choice but to pull the trigger.

Ruggles
04-30-2012, 22:59
Circumstance is used to establish a "motive" and an "opportunity" to commit a crime.

[Note that the case against Casey Anthony is all circumstantial, because it did not tie to the moment of demise in question].

My argument would be that: circumstance at 10:01pm was suddenly REPLACED by new circumstance at 10:15pm that was heightened by NEW motive and NEW opportunity, to committ a crime. That is, the shooter (or the hunter) found himself on the bottom of a fight, losing, and about to have his gun taken by the dominant one, and likely shot dead with his own gun by the dominant one. The hunter became the hunted and a loser, at the moment, who had no choice but to pull the trigger.

I can see your point, I am just not sure that a jury will agree that Zimmerman "stood his ground" and should be clear legally when it is possible (all facts not 100% known at this point) that Zimmerman brought his alleged attacker to "his ground" and then had to kill him. Interesting debate to be had in court.

janice6
04-30-2012, 23:05
The court will have to decide if Zimmerman had broken off from following Martin. If he had, then Zimmerman had a right to protect himself. This is the key. At that point Zimmerman would have turned his back to Martin.

ModGlock17
05-01-2012, 00:11
I can see your point, I am just not sure that a jury will agree that Zimmerman "stood his ground" and should be clear legally when it is possible (all facts not 100% known at this point) that Zimmerman brought his alleged attacker to "his ground" and then had to kill him. Interesting debate to be had in court.

My only issue with SYG is that it is comical to use it in this case. Z had no place to retreat, when he was on the bottom which was according to witness. He could only melted into the soil. It wasn't like he could break off the fight. Nothing he could do, by being on the bottom. Trapped by the ground.

In wrestling, it's called being pinned down.

The one who could break off the fight, the ONLY one, was Trayvon.

It's because he was on top, according to witness.

RonS
05-01-2012, 18:51
The real key to what is about to happen is that the people who matter do not read. They watch and listen to television, their neighbors and opinion leaders like Sharpton and Jackson.

What happens in court stays in court. The real drama will play out in living rooms, bars and street corners this summer.

The media wants a race war. They have found the fuse and it is burning.

Tommato
05-01-2012, 21:43
It was very interesting to hear Mas Ayoob's recent speech on the Stand your Ground law, in the wake of Martin vs Zimmerman. He gave this speech at a Cato institute meeting not long ago, One thing he said that stands out to me: if person A is on top of person B and person B is pinned to the ground, that constitutes disparity of force since person B can't retreat and the punching/kicking power of person A is magnified when person B is on the ground.

If it turns out in trial that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and hitting him, I can see a case being successfully made for Zimmerman using lethal force to protect himself. It all depends on the facts, however.

Tommato

ModGlock17
05-01-2012, 22:34
Florida law,

statue 776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force,

states that such a person CAN NOT be arrested by law enforcement agencies.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.032.html

It seems to give the local LE agency the power to determine if a person qualified for "justifiable use of force", without a trial process. In this case, they obviously decided Z was justified based on their investigation.

Now, for a variety of debatable reasons other than witness account, Angela Corey decided that there are probable cause that Z was not justified in use of deadly force. She went against witness who came forward. [ A search at www.wesh.com (http://www.wesh.com/), the local TV station who carried a story on this witness, will tell you what he saw that night.]

So the Prosecutor's priority would be to discredit that witness.

But doesn't this whole thing goes like "You're guilty, until proven innocent. And you have a handicapped capability (lack of financial resource) to prove your innocense" ??

Not the America I know !

concretefuzzynuts
05-02-2012, 17:35
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/Jesse-Jackson-race-card.jpg

GWSHARK
05-03-2012, 11:32
Whats up with the myspace page?