The Avengers was bad *** [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers was bad ***

brausso
04-30-2012, 12:19
I was invited to a private screening. I didn't really have much expectation, but figured it would be action packed and entertaining. It was awesome! 9/10

Definitely a must see in the theaters.

Cwlongshot
04-30-2012, 12:21
Good to hear!! It's on my todo list for sure!

CW

TSAX
04-30-2012, 12:44
This looks awesome and Scarlett Johansson is hot as always. Im glad you weren't referring the English/British one (The Avengers) from the 90's with Sean Connery

:50cal:

JBnTX
04-30-2012, 12:50
Is that a Glock 30 that Scarlett Johansson is holding in the
movie trailer that's being shown on TV?

Does she use it in the movie?

brausso
04-30-2012, 12:56

It's tough to pay attention what she's holding in her hand, I was focused on other things :cool:

There is a ton of action and lots of different firearms in the movie.

GD2J
04-30-2012, 13:17
This writer seems to agree with you:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/04/30/review-game-changing-avengers-is-super-hero-movie-to-end-all-super-hero-movies/?intcmp=features

tsmo1066
04-30-2012, 13:19
Rotten Tomatoes has it rated as 97%. That's pretty astonishing!

SC Tiger
04-30-2012, 14:19

Glock 19 I think. Had to stop the previews a few times as I kept getting distracted.

adamg01
04-30-2012, 14:22
Glock 19 I think. Had to stop the previews a few times as I kept getting distracted.

This has come up before. I am pretty sure it was the 26.

eracer
04-30-2012, 14:36
Oh man I am so looking forward to this movie. Oddly, I didn't like many of the individual superhero movies:

Captain America? Meh...
Iron Man? Boring...
Hulk? Seriously?
Thor? I liked it a lot.

But the previews for this one are....stimulating. I'm so glad the reviewers are saying it's not 'Transformers' kid stuff.

brausso
04-30-2012, 14:44
Oh man I am so looking forward to this movie. Oddly, I didn't like many of the individual superhero movies:

Captain America? Meh...
Iron Man? Boring...
Hulk? Seriously?
Thor? I liked it a lot.

But the previews for this one are....stimulating. I'm so glad the reviewers are saying it's not 'Transformers' kid stuff.

I agree. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the individual movies, but this movie was easily twice as good as any of the others.

In this movie
Captain America-still kind of boring. Probably my least favorite
Iron Man-funny as all heck. Better than his previous two roles
Hulk-His character takes a while to develop, but once he does- sir crush a lot
Thor-Plays a good part. I actually like his original move too
Scarlett Jo-:wow::wow::wow:

Restless28
04-30-2012, 15:57
What? No mention of Hawkeye?

Nine Shooter
04-30-2012, 16:03
I liked the Ironman movies, but the others are kinda meh. The Watchmen was cool, but that was kind of an anti-hero movie.

JBnTX
04-30-2012, 16:24

You are correct!

She carries a pair of Glock 26's in dual thigh holsters.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Avengers,_The_(2012)

(Those are 2 lucky Glocks)

brausso
04-30-2012, 16:27
What? No mention of Hawkeye?

I'd give away a lot of the plot if I mentioned too much about him. He plays his part well

speedfreakssj
04-30-2012, 16:50
I found The Avengers a must see action movie, also don't leave after the ending, just keep sitting for a bit.

I missed it the first time i saw it,

The movies where each character was "introduced" were very different imho.

Iron man 1 & 2 were just "great" movies if you like tony stark as a flamboyant biljonaire playboy, funny as hell and kick-ass.

Captain America was well, fine as an action movie but not that great imho, Hellboy i liked better in that perspective.

Hulk, well, there were 3 movies actually here. 1 very lame and the other 2 were actually "connected" as part 1 and 2 wich were good imho.

Thor was a good movie too imho,

I did find Watchmen utterly boring though, watched it 4 times and only the last time i got myself to just see through the whole movie without falling asleep or stopping it.

About scarlet johansson: She is very great to look at...... I do think however, incontrary to imdb, she holds a G30 or G27, maybe even the G29? (10mm sc frame) and the G26. I thought to see 2 different models but that's just me.

I do like to see "another" standalone movie where Hawkeye and the black widow are "explained" though.

At first i thought i missed something and thought the movie were a girl is saved by a government program from the chair to run as a hitwoman where eventually she deceives her mentor and he "kills" her in the end.

mrmedina
04-30-2012, 18:32
You are correct!

She carries a pair of Glock 26's in dual thigh holsters.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Avengers,_The_(2012)

(Those are 2 lucky Glocks)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/mrmedinaG21/AvengersBW.jpg

:hearts:

USMCsilver
04-30-2012, 18:47
Why does a "superhero" need a run-of-the-mill pistol?

Seriously, though?

I have no background with any of these characters besides what I've already seen on the big screen.

I've been hearing stuff about S.H.I.E.L.D. and SLJ's character, but I know nothing about any of it.

So...superhero...pistol... I don't get it. :dunno:

NIB
04-30-2012, 20:27
Natalia "Natasha" Alianovna Romanova, known as the Black Widow, is not a superhero. She is more of a super secret spy agent for S.H.I.E.L.D. Which is why she carries guns.

*ASH*
04-30-2012, 20:29
decent , it got its workprinted leaked online , buddy made me a copy. i was surprised at how good it really was .

squiddie545
04-30-2012, 20:34
Good to hear. We have a bunch of dudes at work who can't wait till the general screening occurs.

I really like Black Widow's signature take down move... her thighs on your neck just before you get slammed on the deck. However, racking the glock 26 in light of the company of the other avengers looked a bit silly in the trailers though.

Restless28
05-01-2012, 05:51
Great. Now I have a chick gun.

CBennett
05-01-2012, 06:43
Why does a "superhero" need a run-of-the-mill pistol?

Seriously, though?

I have no background with any of these characters besides what I've already seen on the big screen.

I've been hearing stuff about S.H.I.E.L.D. and SLJ's character, but I know nothing about any of it.

So...superhero...pistol... I don't get it. :dunno:

not really a super hero per-say but enhanced abilities and training

Government treatments have slowed her aging, augmented her immune system and enhanced her physical durability.
Weapons
Black Widow customarily wears two bracelets equipped to discharge the "widow’s bite," high-frequency electrostatic bolts of up to 30,000 volts, capable of stunning even a superhuman opponent at a range of at least 20 feet, shoot tear gas cartridges and act as a radio transmitter. The bracelets’ various functions are activated by galvanic sensors keyed to Black Widow’s wrist musculature. At times she carries plastic explosive discs equivalent to 4 pounds of TNT in her belt and uses automatic weapons and/or combat knives as necessary.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Black_Widow_(Natasha_Romanova)#ixzz1tcaYzglf

Dennis in MA
05-01-2012, 07:06
Does someone beat Thor with his own hammer and kill him in the movie????

I really hated Thor comics as a kid. And somehow, when you bought the multi-pack at the supermarket, you got one Spiderman and 8 Thor's. GRRRRRR!!!!

ScarJo - Yeah!

Thor - Booo!

Looks decent. I might even get some of the fam to come see it with me on the big screen. Maybe. (Hey, the all sat thru Captain America on-Demand. . . )

Stuntman22
05-01-2012, 20:25
Great film

wrczx3
05-01-2012, 21:10
I'm glad to hear it's good because I just bought a bootleg copy for $4.00.

Nicky D
05-01-2012, 21:29
I can't wait to see the movie.

Psychman
05-02-2012, 05:31

I am sure your mom and dad are proud of you.

Psychman
05-02-2012, 05:31
Sounds like a great movie. Thanks for the heads up.

eracer
05-02-2012, 05:35
I am sure your mom and dad are proud of you.He doesn't care about right or wrong. Why should he care about what his Mom and Dad think of him?

Diesel McBadass
05-02-2012, 06:08
A manager at works friend calld form australia. Said it was badass. My sistrs friend is on vacaq in ireland and saw it saying its awesome. Why do these other countries see it first.The movie was made in america starring americans and even has captain america as a character lol.

jbutenhoff
05-02-2012, 06:10

Wow, you fell down the fail tree and hit every branch.

Pirated copy = Fail

PAYING for a pirated copy = Epic fail.

Seriously, if you are going to be a dick and steal stuff, at least don't pay for it. You fail at piracy and life in general. Everyone here is now dumber for even being in the same thread you spewed your filth in...

Reheater
05-02-2012, 07:55
I am sure your mom and dad are proud of you.

Dude, chances are he's deployed. You can get hadji copies of anything, and it helps pass the time in that hell hole since we can't get first or even seventh runs of current movies through the MWR.

wrczx3
05-02-2012, 08:05
[quote=jbutenhoff;18917672]Wow, you fell down the fail tree and hit every branch.

Pirated copy = Fail

PAYING for a pirated copy = Epic fail.

It's not worth arguing with you.

wrczx3
05-02-2012, 08:06
I have never met such a judgemental bunch in my life. As if you are all saints.

Idontplaynice
05-02-2012, 09:31
They actually gave it to a competent director (Joss Whedon)

CarbineKid
05-02-2012, 11:57
I going to see it this weekend. I heard Spider-Man makes an apperance. I don't know if thats true or not, but with the movie coming out this summer, I'd bet its possible. I'd still wish they would make a good punisher movie

Psychman
05-02-2012, 12:11
Dude, chances are he's deployed. You can get hadji copies of anything, and it helps pass the time in that hell hole since we can't get first or even seventh runs of current movies through the MWR.

Where did you get information that he is deployed? Even if he is deployed that still doesnt make stealing a movie right Dude.

brausso
05-02-2012, 12:13
I going to see it this weekend. I heard Spider-Man makes an apperance. I don't know if thats true or not, but with the movie coming out this summer, I'd bet its possible. I'd still wish they would make a good punisher movie

Not that I saw, but I had a little buzz going when I watched it so who knows

Bilbo Bagins
05-02-2012, 12:29
Where did you get information that he is deployed? Even if he is deployed that still doesnt make stealing a movie right Dude.

What you don't like the troops? They fight and die for your for your freedom to watch the Avengers.

JFrame
05-02-2012, 12:29

Yep -- been a Joss Whedon fan ever since the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series...

vart
05-02-2012, 13:40

When I was over in the Gulf for Desert Storm, you couldn't find original copies; everything was bootlegged... Of course that was before DVDs...:fred:

Eric2340
05-02-2012, 17:55

I still say the look like G36s, at least in that pic it does (w/ a Pearce mag extension).

Looks to long to be a G26/27.

Has a Gen 2 two piece recoil guide rod assembly, so it can't be a G19.

Slide and frame look too thin to be a G30/29.

Have to check Pearce's web site (b/c those sure look like Pearce extensions to me) to see if they may a +0 extension like that for the 36, I know they make one like that for the 26/27 and the 30/29).

frank4570
05-02-2012, 18:08

And they're so cute that hot chick carries 2 of them.:rofl:

HOTHEAD
05-04-2012, 06:31
Saw it last night at 12:01, I thought it was pretty good. One thing I really liked was how funny it was, you don't really expect a superhero movie to have the whole audience lol throughout the entire movie.

voyager4520
05-04-2012, 07:41
I still say the look like G36s, at least in that pic it does (w/ a Pearce mag extension).
Looks to long to be a G26/27.

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/e/e5/AvengersBW.jpg

Click the picture again to zoom. On the side of the slide it says G26 and 9x19.

AndABeer
05-04-2012, 18:13

Oh the crying and *****ing that went on when he was named as director over at aintitcool. I love Joss Whedon's stuff (Buffy movie, Buffy series, Angel, Firefly), but he does have a distictive style that detracts from the material at times. I was worried.

He kicked total ass on this flick. No wait, film. This is the first film in a long time that I will be seeing more than twice in the cineplex.

Whedon rules! Long live Whedon.:faint:

Would it be too cute to have Allison H as the Scarlet Witch in AII? Love her.

Blaster
05-04-2012, 19:24
Took my son to the Avengers this afternoon. It was Great!

Restless28
05-04-2012, 19:27
I have a feeling that Spiderman's reboot will look like chicken **** compared to chicken salad this year.

I'm paying for my son and some of his pals to see it in 3D next weekend. Of course, I'll be there too.

aspartz
05-05-2012, 23:14
Just back from watching the movie. Maybe a 4 or a 5. It would have made a good 90 minute movie. When they tried to put in dialog, story or characters it was good. Too bad there was over an hour of CGI people running and yelling or stuff blowing up with no plot content at all.

ARS

Calico Jack
05-05-2012, 23:41
Just back from watching the movie. Maybe a 4 or a 5. It would have made a good 90 minute movie. When they tried to put in dialog, story or characters it was good. Too bad there was over an hour of CGI people running and yelling or stuff blowing up with no plot content at all.

ARS

Sounds like you should have stayed home and watched The Notebook.

TSAX
05-06-2012, 03:45

Delicious :supergrin:

silversport
05-06-2012, 05:48
watched it last night in 3D...best superhero movie yet...I'm 50...read the comic books when I was a kid and went with my young nephew who wanted to see it last night...packed theater and had to see it in the front section of rows (sore neck) and in 3D as the other ones were sold out...arrived a half hour before show time (after earlier show was sold out ) and still enjoyed it fully...nice work...

Bill

Hailstorm
05-06-2012, 08:20

ARS

We are talking about the Avengers Movie. What movie are you talking about?

Oh, wait. Your talking about the expendables 2 trailer. Gotcha.:supergrin:

LippCJ7
05-06-2012, 10:14
Deleted as requested..

Naelbis
05-06-2012, 10:34
I watched it last night in 3D, I rarely pay to see movies at the theatre I just wait for them to come out on PPV but after seeing this movie I will go see it again, the Hulk using Loki for a fly swatter near the end had me crying laughing as did when Hulk punches Thor(big Hulk guy), very happy with it.

One question, I have not seen the other independent super hero movies, Thor and Captain America but have seen the Iron mans so I don't understand the Captain America giving Fury the money thing, I hate it when the theatre is laughing and I don't get it...
Check your PMs..

WarCry
05-06-2012, 10:41
One question, I have not seen the other independent super hero movies, Thor and Captain America but have seen the Iron mans so I don't understand the Captain America giving Fury the money thing, I hate it when the theatre is laughing and I don't get it...
**edit**

I don't really think that's much of a spoiler, but since someone else PM'd it, I'll let this go away...

USMCsilver
05-06-2012, 11:07
Saw it yesterday in 3D.

Outstanding flick which never made me bored and even raised a few chuckles. CGI was the best yet for the Hulk; all the other movie attempts totally sucked.

I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but I doubt I'll travel the ~25 miles and pay the $14 for a 2nd time. :)

PartyBible
05-06-2012, 14:52
Can't wait to see it. Love Downey as iron man. Had inlaws intown this weekend so hope to catch it with my oldest next weekend.

NeverMore1701
05-06-2012, 15:16
Can't wait to see it. Love Downey as iron man. Had inlaws intown this weekend so hope to catch it with my oldest next weekend.

Agree, Downey's Ironman is the best movie superhero to date IMO.

MooseJaw
05-06-2012, 15:17
This looks awesome and Scarlett Johansson is hot as always. Im glad you weren't referring the English/British one (The Avengers) from the 90's with Sean Connery :

I prefer the TV Series.. from 1961 to 1969.. :wavey:

michael_b
05-06-2012, 16:14
Thank goodness they let Joss write and direct this.

Typical Whedon- snappy dialogue, great humor at unexpected times.

Very entertaining.

Great art? No. Great fun- heck YES!!!

Posted from my iPhone

Kevin108
05-06-2012, 16:20

Captain America? Meh...
Iron Man? Boring...
Hulk? Seriously?
Thor? I liked it a lot.

Funny. I thought Captain America and Hulk were good, both Iron Man films great, and Thor completely ridiculous. It was cast well but Natalie Portman's character added absolutely nothing to the film.

WarCry
05-06-2012, 16:38
Funny. I thought Captain America and Hulk were good, both Iron Man films great, and Thor completely ridiculous. It was cast well but Natalie Portman's character added absolutely nothing to the film.

Hulk was horrible. Incredible Hulk was good, but left something to be desired. Mark Ruffalo was the best version of Bruce Banner we've seen in a movie so far. I don't know if they'll be willing to try a third stand-alone Hulk movie, but I really hope they let him give it a shot.

The character of Jane Foster is PIVOTAL in the Thor stories. She's really the only reason he gives a damn about protecting Earth. But I do agree that - much as I love her as an actress - Natalie Portman was the wrong choice. I really feel she turns in different levels of performance depending on how much she cares about the project. Look Black Swan for instance.

guanoman
05-06-2012, 19:13
I have never met such a judgemental bunch in my life. As if you are all saints.

May the light of the Holy One shine upon you, my brother....

Haldor
05-06-2012, 19:45

Definitely a subcompact. I think it was a 26. I found myself wondering why she didn't have at least full sized pistols (G20's) for the final battle. I mean concealment wasn't an issue with her thigh holsters. She definitely seemed to be a bit undergunned. I did notice her reloading once.

And yes, the movie rocked. Well worth the wait.

I really liked the easter egg at the end. There were only a few people who waited for it in the theater I was at today. The cleanup crew liked it, one of them said to me, "I never get tired of it."

Haldor
05-06-2012, 19:48
not really a super hero per-say but enhanced abilities and training

Government treatments have slowed her aging, augmented her immune system and enhanced her physical durability.
Weapons
Black Widow customarily wears two bracelets equipped to discharge the "widow’s bite," high-frequency electrostatic bolts of up to 30,000 volts, capable of stunning even a superhuman opponent at a range of at least 20 feet, shoot tear gas cartridges and act as a radio transmitter. The bracelets’ various functions are activated by galvanic sensors keyed to Black Widow’s wrist musculature. At times she carries plastic explosive discs equivalent to 4 pounds of TNT in her belt and uses automatic weapons and/or combat knives as necessary.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Black_Widow_(Natasha_Romanova)#ixzz1tcaYzglf

So that is what she was doing to the bad guys there at the end. I had no idea what she was doing to take them out.

Haldor
05-06-2012, 19:53
Oh the crying and *****ing that went on when he was named as director over at aintitcool. I love Joss Whedon's stuff (Buffy movie, Buffy series, Angel, Firefly), but he does have a distictive style that detracts from the material at times. I was worried.

He kicked total ass on this flick. No wait, film. This is the first film in a long time that I will be seeing more than twice in the cineplex.

Whedon rules! Long live Whedon.:faint:

Would it be too cute to have Allison H as the Scarlet Witch in AII? Love her.

Not to give a spoiler, but there is a sceen near the end with Hulk and Loki that is pure Whedon. Think about the end of the train robbery episode of Firefly where Claw refuses to taking the money back to Mishka. Definitely the same mind was behind both scenes. One of the funnier moments in the movie in my opinion.

Haldor
05-06-2012, 19:58
I watched it last night in 3D, I rarely pay to see movies at the theatre I just wait for them to come out on PPV but after seeing this movie I will go see it again, the Hulk ***** Loki ******** the end had me crying laughing as did when Hulk ******** (big Hulk guy), very happy with it.

Nice job with the spoilers. Ever consider that the fact you didn't expect what happened was a big part of part of why it worked so well? Please edit your post to at least add a spoiler warning (or better yet delete that portion). Not everybody has seen this movie yet.

NeverMore1701
05-06-2012, 19:58
Not to give a spoiler, but there is a seen near the end with Hulk and Loki that is pure Whedon. Think about the end of the train robbery episode of Firefly where Claw refuses to taking the money back to Mishka. Definitely the same mind was behind both scenes. One of the funnier moments in the movie in my opinion.

Yup :thumbsup:

I think it's Crow, not Claw.

Restless28
05-06-2012, 19:59
Just curious, did the lovely Pepper Potts make an appearance?

Did War Machine show up?

As far as the comics, did War Machine ever serve in the Avengers?

NeverMore1701
05-06-2012, 20:01
Just curious, did the lovely Pepper Potts make an appearance?

Did War Machine show up?

As far as the comics, did War Machine ever serve in the Avengers?

Pott's legs.... OMG :faint:

NH Trucker
05-06-2012, 20:23
Pott's legs.... OMG :faint:

Got that right! :wow:

I just got out of the theater. GREAT MOVIE!!! Too bad they couldn't get Eric Bana to play the Hulk, but overall it was a great movie! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Restless28
05-06-2012, 20:27
I'm more of a Pepper fan than I am of the Black Widow.

NeverMore1701
05-06-2012, 21:07
I'm more of a Pepper fan than I am of the Black Widow.

After those daisy dukes, I'm inclined to agree with you!

WarCry
05-06-2012, 21:07
Definitely a subcompact. I think it was a 26. I found myself wondering why she didn't have at least full sized pistols (G20's) for the final battle. I mean concealment wasn't an issue with her thigh holsters. She definitely seemed to be a bit undergunned. I did notice her reloading once.

I really liked the easter egg at the end. There were only a few people who waited for it in the theater I was at today. The cleanup crew liked it, one of them said to me, "I never get tired of it."

There were actually TWO scenes within and after the credits....

And she was using Glock 26s, mostly because she's a small woman, and they wanted something that would "fit" her hand and overall size better. It's not about concealment.....trust me, she walks into a room in that outfit, even with the custom holsters, those guns will be the last thing anyone notices.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-06-2012, 21:11
Good movie. Two thumbs up. My 6 year old stayed stayed in his seat the whole time and didn't once ask to go to the bathroom or "can we go now?"

WarCry
05-06-2012, 21:28
Good movie. Two thumbs up. My 6 year old stayed stayed in his seat the whole time and didn't once ask to go to the bathroom or "can we go now?"

+1

The kids will always let ya know if they're not happy with a film, and it's a good day when that DOESN'T happen...

Haldor
05-06-2012, 21:59
Yup :thumbsup:

I think it's Crow, not Claw.

And it was Niska, not Miska. Oh well, I was working from memory.

Haldor
05-06-2012, 21:59
It's not about concealment.....trust me, she walks into a room in that outfit, even with the custom holsters, those guns will be the last thing anyone notices.

You are certainly right about that.

jeremy_283
05-06-2012, 22:14
Scarlet Johansen rocks the Glocks!

tsmo1066
05-06-2012, 22:35
Agree, Downey's Ironman is the best movie superhero to date IMO.

Casting Downey as Tony Stark was genius. What better actor to play the most addicted hero in the Marvel Universe?

I also like Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine in the X-Men films.

Luminary
05-07-2012, 07:59
I feel like the girl that play Storm's assistant(?) isn't getting enough credit. I find her much hotter than SJ.

Idontplaynice
05-07-2012, 09:10
I feel like the girl that play Storm's assistant(?) isn't getting enough credit. I find her much hotter than SJ.

Who is Storm?

fnfalman
05-07-2012, 10:09

The skinny brunette? She's hot but she's no Scarlett Johanson hot.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-07-2012, 10:15
The skinny brunette? She's hot but she's no Scarlett Johanson hot.

And she's too skinny. We are talking about General Fury's (eye patch guy's) assistant, right?

Too skinny.

Scarlett has curves in all the right places, and is pretty. She played that role very well. They could have gotten almost any actress in that part (I'm guessing), but they made the right pick to show us who Black Widow is :)

itisbruno
05-07-2012, 10:49
We saw it last nite - I don't get out much, $25 bucks for 2 seats to see a movie

:faint:

Pretty good flick, just a little long.

jeremy_283
05-07-2012, 10:52
http://omelhordeguara.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/scarlett-johansson-black-widow-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-the-avengers.jpg

WarCry
05-07-2012, 17:57
And she's too skinny. We are talking about General Fury's (eye patch guy's) assistant, right?

Too skinny.

Scarlett has curves in all the right places, and is pretty. She played that role very well. They could have gotten almost any actress in that part (I'm guessing), but they made the right pick to show us who Black Widow is :)

She's not an assistant, she's second in command of SHIELD! Would you call the Executive Officer on an aircraft carrier the captain's "assistant"? (well, you might....but probably only once).

Yes, she's a female. That does NOT automatically make her an assistant.

For the record, the character is Maria Hill, played in this film by the lovely Cobie Smulders (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1130627/), from "How I Met Your Mother."

http://www.showbizprofile.com/sites/default/files/profile-photos/Cobie-Smulders0002.jpg

Batesmotel
05-07-2012, 18:00
I loved Hulk going all Rag Doll on Loki.:rofl:

Hailstorm
05-07-2012, 18:16
The dfowner that we take away from this film is. How are they gonna match it? The amount of fighting was epic. IN the second movie, half of the fighting will be over. Just because they are a team.

If they do fight, it will be pactice and not the same. I may go see it again this weekend with my wife. She was out of country when I took the boys.

Restless28
05-07-2012, 18:26
she's not an assistant, she's second in command of shield! Would you call the executive officer on an aircraft carrier the captain's "assistant"? (well, you might....but probably only once).

Yes, she's a female. That does not automatically make her an assistant.

For the record, the character is maria hill, played in this film by the lovely cobie smulders (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1130627/), from "how i met your mother."

http://www.showbizprofile.com/sites/default/files/profile-photos/cobie-smulders0002.jpg

yesss!!! Robin!!!!!!

Kevin108
05-09-2012, 16:35

Beats the previous nickname: the baby Glock. :tongueout:

Can you guys clear this up for me though? How does the Hulk go from "I'm gonna kill this chick" to "I'll help my friends win this fight"?

Idontplaynice
05-09-2012, 16:37
Beats the previous nickname: the baby Glock. :tongueout:

Can you guys clear this up for me though? How does the Hulk go from "I'm gonna kill this chick" to "I'll help my friends win this fight"?

Hulk in the first scene was influenced by Loki's staff, which is what Banner was working on.

WarCry
05-09-2012, 16:46
Hulk in the first scene was influenced by Loki's staff, which is what Banner was working on.

This, as well as the fact that he was fighting it the first time, and it happened under stress/duress. The second time he was in control from the start....

....not sure Thor would agree with me, but.....

Idontplaynice
05-09-2012, 16:48
Question: how many times do you plan on seeing Avengers?

Saw it twice already.

Did you catch both scenes during closing credits?

NH Trucker
05-09-2012, 18:26
....not sure Thor would agree with me, but.....

When that happened I :rofl:! Just with how random it was. Out of nowhere, SMACK!

Kevin108
05-09-2012, 19:00

Thanks, that makes sense.

Weiser 878
05-09-2012, 19:33
I really liked it.

Restless28
05-12-2012, 18:51
We finally saw it today. We all liked it.

I was impressed at how the SHIELD thing went from small potatoes in the previous films to full throttle in this film. It was much more like the comics. Hell, the whole movie played like a great comic. Great casting too.

Robert Downey is Tony Stark. I really liked the Hulk being in control too. I still haven't seen Thor, but Hemsworth is a great Thor.

The cast and story were excellent. 2 Thumbs Up!

larry_minn
05-13-2012, 02:02

SPOILER ALERT. (kinda)
I think also Hulk liked the orders Captain Americal gave him.

The Eggs at end. Was there more to the last one then just "Tony Stark said we are going there....."??? Was there any dialog? I heard a few grunts, then dead silence.

While I don't recall who in first egg. (he felt familiar but can't recall) The message was clear by his grin. "I like a good fight"

KennyFSU
05-13-2012, 02:43
I'm seeing it again with my boss today lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarCry
05-13-2012, 08:01
SPOILER ALERT. (kinda)
I think also Hulk liked the orders Captain Americal gave him.

The Eggs at end. Was there more to the last one then just "Tony Stark said we are going there....."??? Was there any dialog? I heard a few grunts, then dead silence.

While I don't recall who in first egg. (he felt familiar but can't recall) The message was clear by his grin. "I like a good fight"

It's been out over a week in the US, and far longer overseas. Are we past the point yet of worrying about spoilers? I can tell ya all about the first mid-credits scene, but seeing as this is a gun forum, I'm not keen on infuriating anyone by spoiling something! :tongueout:

Henry's Dad
05-13-2012, 09:35
Let me be "that guy" and offer a contrary view. I was forced to see it as a chaperon on a school trip. The only real laugh I recall was Downey's character referring to Thor as "Point Break."

Never cared much for sci-fi, even as a kid, so I didn't have high hopes going in.

I guess the movie was great from a technical POV, but since you can do anything with CGI these days, I'm just not as blown away by special effects anymore. My expectations are never exceeded because I know going in that the sky is already the limit.

The kids (7th graders) liked it, so I guess that's what matters.

sappy13
05-13-2012, 09:55
i saw it yesterday with my dad. That movie was awesome. I cant wait till the next one.

kenpoprofessor
05-13-2012, 10:12
Saw it yesterday and wasn't really impressed. I do love the Tony Stark character, and RDJ plays it so well (shame he was at Clooney's house with Obama the other day).

The best part of the movie was near the end when Loki got indignant with the Hulk :rofl:. It didn't work well for Loki :supergrin:

The movie had actors that I don't like politically speaking, so I didn't pay to watch it, I saw it online, and am now glad I didn't pay to see it in theatre.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

M&P Shooter
05-13-2012, 10:15
The Avengers rocked:rock:

TSAX
05-13-2012, 12:00
I loved Hulk going all Rag Doll on Loki.:rofl:

:animlol:, that was one of the best parts of the movie

G23Gen4.40
05-13-2012, 15:38
Great movie

happy seal
05-13-2012, 16:31
Best movie I have ever seen. Saw it w/ my 11 and 8 YO and wife!

Swiper
05-13-2012, 17:51
I saw it for free at the outdoor theater in GTMO. It was worth my money.

eracer
09-29-2012, 06:17
I watched it last night. Based on the reviews I was hoping Avengers would suck less than it did. It's the kind of movie that exposes adult comic-book lovers for what they are: Shallow, intellectually stunted people who feel excited when they can identify with made-up heroes and see themselves as something they are not.

Dark Knight was a great movie.
Thor was a good movie.
Avengers, Transformers, Iron Man - all nothing more than kid's games.

Anybody want a free Blu-ray disk?

mrmedina
09-29-2012, 06:27
I watched it last night. Based on the reviews I was hoping Avengers would suck less than it did. It's the kind of movie that exposes adult comic-book lovers for what they are: Shallow, intellectually stunted people who feel excited when they can identify with made-up heroes and see themselves as something they are not.

Thor was a good movie.

I watched it last night on DVD. Wow to me it was a great movie. A nine(9) for me. So much dribble of movies this year at least it kept me locked in for movie.:wavey:

eracer
09-29-2012, 06:39
I watched it last night on DVD. Wow to me it was a great movie. A nine(9) for me. So much dribble of movies this year at least it kept me locked in for movie.:wavey:Maybe I'm just too critical, and can't get past the silliness, like:

Captain America: "Put your uniform on, and we'll have a go."
Iron Man: "My uniform?"

Or a flying aircraft carrier with ducted fans that didn't suck Dr. Bannon right off the edge of the rail. (Remember the A6 Intruder that sucked the crewman in? Yeah, like that.) I mean, think how much air you'd have to move in order to lift 100,000 tons into the air?

Or Hawk wielding an arrow with a broadhead that contains an explosive big enough to blow a huge chunk of a flying aircraft carrier to molten bits.

I just found myself face-palming too many times during the movie.

Oh well, different strokes.

mrmedina
09-29-2012, 07:09
We agree on many points, I'm a Marvel kid growing up. There's so much character develop for their "issues". This movie was able to a high standard to get those "issues" without making the movie a drag. Yeah, the HeliCarrier from Nick Fury comic may be hard to swallow. It was outrageous reading as a kid.

JFrame
09-29-2012, 07:27
I grew up in the "Second Golden Age" of comics, voraciously reading the Marvel, DC, Dell, Thunder, Charlton, etc., comics as a kid and as a young adult.

The movie adaptations just don't do it for me. I hope that doesn't signal too much of a change in me, and that I've lost my sense of wonder. I don't think so, because some comics (like "The Walking Dead") still knock my socks off.

I think these movies have too much "summer blockbuster," "box office hit," and CGI to them, and not enough content.

But I certainly don't begrudge their entertainment value to anyone else. And I can still enjoy "superhero" movies that I think have some dramatic resonance to them, like "Darkman" and the first "Robocop."

The Fist Of Goodness
09-29-2012, 08:11

Thor was a good movie.

I probably wouldn't have had any interest in the movie if not for my 4 year old son. I took him to see it in the theater, and he thought it was awesome ( particularly the Hulk/Loki scene, which he asked me to rewind :-) )

I thought it was great, though. I like how some people get tweaked by an explosive arrow being too powerful, or impossible physics, in a movie about superheroes.

I think it had as much impact on my son as Star Wars did for me in 1977. He left th theater growling like Hulk, and asked if he could take his shoes and shirt off when we got home. :-)

porschedog
09-29-2012, 08:45
It was a great movie

BEER
09-29-2012, 09:32
i have to side with the majority and claim this as the absolute best comic book movie of all time.

i have never liked the hulk, not the comics, tv series, and especially the movies, but i have to say i think he had the best line out of the movie with "puny god". lmao

i think the banner/ security guard exchange in the abandoned hangar is one of the funnier bits but it was subtle and overshadowed by everything else in the movie.

Restless28
09-29-2012, 09:44
i have to side with the majority and claim this as the absolute best comic book movie of all time.

i have never liked the hulk, not the comics, tv series, and especially the movies, but i have to say i think he had the best line out of the movie with "puny god". lmao

i think the banner/ security guard exchange in the abandoned hangar is one of the funnier bits but it was subtle and overshadowed by everything else in the movie.

It was good, but TDK Rises was better. Even my 14 and 11 y/o kids agreed. TDK was more of an "epic" movie, IMO.

larry_minn
09-29-2012, 13:39
I have to say The Dark Knight Raises... So many folks say they loved it. I can't understand. I watched it few months ago. Bought both $5 each. Dang glad I didn't pay more. IMO it made Avengers look well thought out/acted/produced. Can't say I will ever watch DKR again.

GD2J
09-29-2012, 13:48

If you are serious, I'll take it off your hands.

WarCry
09-29-2012, 14:25
Marvel has done something that, honestly, has never been accomplished before: They've made a COMIC BOOK movie. Not a movie with characters from the comics, but taking the 2D paper world and throwing it on the screen in live-action. They came close with X-Men, came closer with the first (and some of the second) Spider-Man films.

DC hasn't even come all that close. The Nolan Bat-franchise is a wonderful noir-ish action-adventure series that they stuck some Bat-symbols on. They went too far into the realm of reality to make it a good comic book movie. They're excellent movies - the second is especially excellent! - but that's not the same as a good COMIC BOOK movie.

And it isn't just Avengers. What Marvel did is to make stand-alone films to develop the character - Iron Man (and the sequel), Thor, Captain America, and Incredible Hulk laid the foundation for this movie. They didn't have to spend half the film introducing these characters because they had already been introduced. It's not a sequel, though. It's something entirely knew to movies, but a successful formula for comics for decades - take individual hero books/movies and tie them together in a "team book" (or movie). DC is now scrambling to pick up the pieces and figure out how THEY can do the same thing.

Yes, the tech and fantasy stuff is over the top. That's the way it works in the comics, too. The helicarrier was realized far better than I expected it to be, but of COURSE it's absurd! You're talking about a movie that has a Norse God, a 20-something WWII hero today, and a drunk with a great big magnet shoved into his chest!

Forget all that, just enjoy the show!

Bilbo Bagins
10-01-2012, 07:20
Bought it and saw it on Blue Ray too.

Granted a lot of it was far fetched, and it lagged a little bit, but all in all it was a good movie. The kid's really liked it, and while it was violent, there was no nude scenes or bad language. With the Black Widow, my girls are getting re-energized with their martial arts classes and wanting to go shooting with me again.

The thing that annoys me is Chris Evans playing Captain America. If you ever seen Chris Evans in "The Losers" , "Push" or the Fantastic Four movies where he played the Human Torch, he is a funny guy and a damn good actor. I really wasn't that impressed with the Captain American movie. It seems to be purely a writing thing. His dialog was real flat. I know they are trying to stay true to the original comic book, but was Captain America really that much of an unfunny, boring, D-bag?

Robert Downey Jr. of course nailed the Tony Stark thing, but the suprise for me was the guy who played Bruce Banner. Unlike Edward Norton in the last Hulk movie, He was classic Bruce Banner, kind of like a deadpan funny Bill Bixby. He sheepishly dropped some good lines in the movie.

Anyway seems Averngers 2 is already in the works. Supposedly they will be introducing the Falcon, so it should be interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/

hamster
10-01-2012, 08:24
Watched it, but was too distracted by the fact it was filmed in Cleveland. I spent the whole time telling my wife "Theres my office!" during the battle scenes.

WarCry
10-01-2012, 08:38
The thing that annoys me is Chris Evans playing Captain America. If you ever seen Chris Evans in "The Losers" , "Push" or the Fantastic Four movies where he played the Human Torch, he is a funny guy and a damn good actor. I really wasn't that impressed with the Captain American movie. It seems to be purely a writing thing. His dialog was real flat. I know they are trying to stay true to the original comic book, but was Captain America really that much of an unfunny, boring, D-bag?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/

Yes.

Captain America was created as a propaganda machine (and a good one - I don't say that like it's evil) in WWII an wasn't really meant for today's market. That's actually something they carried over into the character when he was "resurrected" in the 60s - everyone mocked him for being the stuffed-shirt of the 40s. It really is just part of who the character is.

JFrame
10-01-2012, 08:50
Yes.

Captain America was created as a propaganda machine (and a good one - I don't say that like it's evil) in WWII an wasn't really meant for today's market. That's actually something they carried over into the character when he was "resurrected" in the 60s - everyone mocked him for being the stuffed-shirt of the 40s. It really is just part of who the character is.

IIRC, Captain America had only one foray into the Vietnam War, when he went to take on a North Vietnamese general who also happened to be a sumo wrestler ( :whistling: ).

This was just before the "Revolutionary 60's" kicked in, when the comics veered along with the rest of the media to the left.

CarryTexas
10-01-2012, 09:11
Maybe I'm just too critical, and can't get past the silliness, like:

Captain America: "Put your uniform on, and we'll have a go."
Iron Man: "My uniform?"

Or a flying aircraft carrier with ducted fans that didn't suck Dr. Bannon right off the edge of the rail. (Remember the A6 Intruder that sucked the crewman in? Yeah, like that.) I mean, think how much air you'd have to move in order to lift 100,000 tons into the air?

Or Hawk wielding an arrow with a broadhead that contains an explosive big enough to blow a huge chunk of a flying aircraft carrier to molten bits.

I just found myself face-palming too many times during the movie.

Oh well, different strokes.

It's a movie, a fantasy, Super Heros... Suspend reality and be entertained.

My kids love the movie... And it isn't painful when I have to sit through it for the 14th time... Win Win!

Bilbo Bagins
10-01-2012, 11:47
Watched it, but was too distracted by the fact it was filmed in Cleveland. I spent the whole time telling my wife "Theres my office!" during the battle scenes.

That wasn't NYC?

I think if Iron Man knew it was Cleveland he would have let the cruise missile nuke do its job. :whistling:

:rofl:

Jay9928
10-01-2012, 17:13
That wasn't NYC?

I think if Iron Man knew it was Cleveland he would have let the cruise missile nuke do its job. :whistling:

:rofl:
Some parts NYC, some others Cleveland.

Filming

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/Avengers_on_E_9th.jpg/200px-Avengers_on_E_9th.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Avengers_on_E_9th.jpg)
Part of The Avengers film set (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_construction) on East 9th Street in Cleveland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland), Ohio.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Avengers_Park_Avenue_film_set.jpg/200px-Avengers_Park_Avenue_film_set.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Avengers_Park_Avenue_film_set.jpg)
Part of The Avengers film set on Park Avenue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Avenue) in New York City.

BTW... in the first cut scene when the credits are going, who is the red face demon ?

Jay9928
10-01-2012, 17:58
I found the very end to be humorous (eating in silence at shwarbas) reference Tony Stark made earlier

Hailstorm
10-01-2012, 18:04
Well, they did look tired.lol

crossfade
10-01-2012, 18:05
[/QUOTE] BTW... in the first cut scene when the credits are going, who is the red face demon ?[/QUOTE]

THANOS

Jay9928
10-01-2012, 18:18
BTW... in the first cut scene when the credits are going, who is the red face demon ?[/QUOTE]

THANOS[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Wife wants now all the Marvel Blu rays. We have The Avengers, Iron Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk. Need to get Thor, Cpt America, the first Iron Man. Am I missing anything? The first Hulk sucked.

WarCry
10-01-2012, 19:57
Thank you! Wife wants now all the Marvel Blu rays. We have The Avengers, Iron Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk. Need to get Thor, Cpt America, the first Iron Man. Am I missing anything? The first Hulk sucked.

No, that's all the "Phase One" movies. If you (or she, whoever REALLY wants them), there's a big box set coming early next year with all the movies and a ton of special features....

....just in time for the start of "Phase Two" with Iron Man 3 hitting in May....

BEER
10-01-2012, 22:38
i really hope they're not gearing up for the infinity gauntlet storyline. i'm afraid a story line that big will fail terribly on the big screen. probably not quite as catastrophically bad as the x-men and the whole dark phoneix fiasco, but still bad.

WarCry
10-01-2012, 23:17
i really hope they're not gearing up for the infinity gauntlet storyline. i'm afraid a story line that big will fail terribly on the big screen. probably not quite as catastrophically bad as the x-men and the whole dark phoneix fiasco, but still bad.

The difference, though, is that the X-Men movies were made by FOX, and by a team that cared about the MOVIES, but not about the characters and stories.

The Avengers movies are being handled in-house. Marvel is keeping tight reigns on the scripts, and they're hiring writers and directors that "get it".

I don't know if they're building to the Infinity Gauntlet or not, but if they do, I'll keep the faith that it will be done right.

BEER
10-02-2012, 08:53
The difference, though, is that the X-Men movies were made by FOX, and by a team that cared about the MOVIES, but not about the characters and stories.

The Avengers movies are being handled in-house. Marvel is keeping tight reigns on the scripts, and they're hiring writers and directors that "get it".

I don't know if they're building to the Infinity Gauntlet or not, but if they do, I'll keep the faith that it will be done right.

refresh my memory, wasn't there a quick view of the infinity gauntlet in odin's armory room in the thor movie? i remember somebody doing a breakdown of all the various easter eggs in that scene and i want to say the gauntlet was one of them but it's been awhile.

mikesull415
10-07-2012, 11:27
Finally getting to watch it now. Not big on going to theaters, but a 60" HD tv makes it lots of fun at home. Movie is definitely awesome. Random side note though, Nick Fury's M&P has the magazine disconnect. Doesn't matter, just didn't seem like the kind of thing he'd have. (Yeah i know it's just a movie)

Jason D
10-07-2012, 17:55
I got my copy the other day.
I enjoyed it immensely.

WarCry
10-07-2012, 18:46
refresh my memory, wasn't there a quick view of the infinity gauntlet in odin's armory room in the thor movie? i remember somebody doing a breakdown of all the various easter eggs in that scene and i want to say the gauntlet was one of them but it's been awhile.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53974/2348282-img_0604_1_.jpg

And from Comic Con just before Thor was released:
http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/1068/859/156/005/infinitygauntlet_CCIshowphoto_full.jpg

I think they could do the story well. So far, I've not had my faith in Marvel movies shaken, only in their products that are licensed to other companies.

MB-G26
10-07-2012, 18:57
This looks awesome and Scarlett Johansson is hot as always. Im glad you weren't referring the English/British one (The Avengers) from the 90's with Sean Connery

^????????????

Don't you mean Patrick McGee and Diana Rigg? and loooooooooooooooooooooooooog before "the 90s"?

:faint: