Anti-Bullying Speaker Bully's Christians [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bullying Speaker Bully's Christians

Ramjet38
04-30-2012, 17:42
This guy is disgusting and a hypocrite, and I can't believe he’s allowed to speak anywhere. He also is a favorite of our current administration. Shows what kind of morals our Democratic Party members have. This is a total outrage, and had nothing to do with bullying.
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/christian-teens-say-gay-activist-made-girls-cry.html

Berto
04-30-2012, 18:29
Whatever religious implications aside, he's a 47yr old bedwetter projecting his insecurities on teenagers as they respectfully leave his diatribe. Classy.
It pretty much defines bullying.

Kingarthurhk
04-30-2012, 19:31
The best thing they could do would be to file a formal complaint with the school board with their parents en masse and perhaps the principal that thought this was a great idea might need to find another line of work.

SGT HATRED
04-30-2012, 19:31
Tagged

muscogee
04-30-2012, 19:44
Christians can tell everyone who disagrees with them that they are going to Hell, they're perverts, and anything else that comes to mind. They can tell people who worship the same God differently from that they are heretics, but they don't any of see this as abusive. If you tell they what they believe is bull**** it is? Atheists, gays, and anybody else that falls afoul of your God puts up with much worse every day. Man up.

Of course that would be contrary to your martyrs' complex, so you whine instead. You people are disgusting. There you have it. That's the excuse you're looking for to get morally outraged. Knock yourselves out.

Berto
04-30-2012, 19:54
Christians can tell everyone who disagrees with them that they are going to Hell, they're perverts, and anything else that comes to mind. They can tell people who worship the same God differently from that they are heretics, but they don't any of see this as abusive. If you tell they what they believe is bull**** it is? Atheists, gays, and anybody else that falls afoul of your God puts up with much worse every day. Man up.

Of course that would be contrary to your martyrs' complex, so you whine instead. You people are disgusting. There you have it. That's the excuse you're looking for to get morally outraged. Knock yourselves out.

Not sure where that happened here; the students who disagreed with said bedwetter simply got up and quietly left in a mature adult-like manner.
His behavior was much like yours, pure butthurt.:upeyes:

I do agree with one thing you say though, Christians have been guilty of bullying the non faithful, but it's weird how a 47yr old uses some teens' faith as an opportunity to bully at an anti bullying speech.

Paul7
04-30-2012, 20:15
This piece of scum pervert is a walking advertisement for homeschooling.

When are the Christian ministries to gays going to get equal time?

:popcorn:

Paul7
04-30-2012, 20:17
delete

juggy4711
04-30-2012, 21:50
Anti-bullying non-sense. Perhaps if kids were taught the old "sticks and stones" philosophy like I was this wouldn't be an issue. Both sides could use a dose of manning up. 've known plenty of folks that ran afoul of the BS in the bible and aside from murderers, thieves and liars none deserved to be condemned.

AlexHassin
04-30-2012, 22:32
strange venue for it, bad delivery but there is a lot of truth in what they guy has to say.

Animal Mother
04-30-2012, 23:31
The best thing they could do would be to file a formal complaint with the school board with their parents en masse and perhaps the principal that thought this was a great idea might need to find another line of work. What school board? It was "a national conference hosted by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association."

Animal Mother
04-30-2012, 23:32
This piece of scum pervert is a walking advertisement for homeschooling. Which position of his is it that you oppose?
When are the Christian ministries to gays going to get equal time?When the relevant organizations decide to invite them I suppose.

Gunhaver
05-01-2012, 00:12
This piece of scum pervert is a walking advertisement for homeschooling.

When are the Christian ministries to gays going to get equal time?

:popcorn:

When they have a message that isn't bull****.

Gunhaver
05-01-2012, 04:47
Anti-bullying non-sense. Perhaps if kids were taught the old "sticks and stones" philosophy like I was this wouldn't be an issue. Both sides could use a dose of manning up. 've known plenty of folks that ran afoul of the BS in the bible and aside from murderers, thieves and liars none deserved to be condemned.

Sometimes, often even, it really is a matter of sticks and stones. Or fists and feet or dragging behind a truck. Are they supposed to just suck that up and take it? Do you really think that bullying consists of only name calling?

Kingarthurhk
05-01-2012, 05:22

However, they are not allowed to give religious presentations such as that in public schools. Neither should this man be allowed to give such presenations of a clearly religious nature in public schools. In fact, I would go so far as it as distastefull as forcing a group of children into a an assembly and forcing them to pray to a god that is not their own.

As to the rest of your commentary, I would think that is more indicative of the Westboro variety than anything else.

Kingarthurhk
05-01-2012, 05:23
What school board? It was "a national conference hosted by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association."

Someone from that school had to give to okay for the presenation.

Kingarthurhk
05-01-2012, 05:26
Sometimes, often even, it really is a matter of sticks and stones. Or fists and feet or dragging behind a truck. Are they supposed to just suck that up and take it? Do you really think that bullying consists of only name calling?

I suspect that none of the children from that school have participated in such acts, or they would be on trial. What your are saying is purely hyperbole. Their First Amenment rights of Freddom of Religious in a public school were as violated as forcing a group of Jewish students to listen to a presentation of the virtues of leaving behind Judaism for Christianity.

There are certain things you can't do in a public school. Telling a group of students that their beliefs are all bull**** and they are pany-asses for following it as a represenative of the school is one of them.

Animal Mother
05-01-2012, 06:31
Someone from that school had to give to okay for the presenation. What school?

Paul7
05-01-2012, 07:35
I'm still waiting for the first liberal to get up and state how the Koran is crap, blah, blah, blah. They are very selective in their bravery.

muscogee
05-01-2012, 08:01
I'm still waiting for the first liberal to get up and state how the Koran is crap, blah, blah, blah. They are very selective in their bravery.

:offtopic:

ArtificialGrape
05-01-2012, 08:34
There are certain things you can't do in a public school. Telling a group of students that their beliefs are all bull**** and they are pany-asses for following it as a represenative of the school is one of them.

They were not at a public school, they were "attending a national conference hosted by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association."

If a school or individual does not agree with the message from a conference, then they withhold their money and attendance. If enough people do that the conference will probably whither and die.

-ArtificialGrape

Bren
05-01-2012, 09:16
This guy is disgusting and a hypocrite, and I can't believe he’s allowed to speak anywhere. He also is a favorite of our current administration. Shows what kind of morals our Democratic Party members have. This is a total outrage, and had nothing to do with bullying.
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/christian-teens-say-gay-activist-made-girls-cry.html

From the article, it look like he is just the flipside of the standard christian activist speaker. Equal and opposite. Big deal.

There are plenty of christians doing that - hence, my opinion that this guy is just the other side of the same coin.

Paul7
05-01-2012, 10:19
They were not at a public school, they were "attending a national conference hosted by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association."

At the very least, it was a para-school event.

Paul7
05-01-2012, 10:21
There are plenty of christians doing that - hence, my opinion that this guy is just the other side of the same coin.

'Christian' is normally capitalized, like the first word of a sentence. It is rather petty to not do so, about like me writing 'richard dawkins'.

Ramjet38
05-01-2012, 17:50
More Christian bashing and bullying, and life goes on.

I know Mousekogee has been harrased by countless Christians in his life, and has the scars to show it, "go ahead show them, let it all out...it's okay". Time to forgive, and start healing from all those bad people. We're pulling for ya!

Gunhaver
05-01-2012, 18:49
I suspect that none of the children from that school have participated in such acts, or they would be on trial. What your are saying is purely hyperbole. Their First Amenment rights of Freddom of Religious in a public school were as violated as forcing a group of Jewish students to listen to a presentation of the virtues of leaving behind Judaism for Christianity.

As has been stated before, this was not in a school. Savage was exercising his first amendment rights off school grounds. Say it with me now, "Not in a school." Write it 50 times on a blackboard if you have to.

Maybe you should instead focus on the message he was putting out which was that people that use the bible as an excuse to bully gays are FOS because they ignore plenty of other garbage the bible says but not that.

And even if none of those students had bullied anyone there sure seemed to be a lot of them butthurt and walking out over being told why one of the biggest reasons they might is BS just in case they had gotten away with it or were thinking about it.

juggy4711
05-01-2012, 20:11

Sorry should I have added those who assault others to the list of offenders for you to get the point? I was a fat kid growing up, a class of folks that can for the most part still be bullied, teased and made fun of without being considered some protected minority class. I even received a few fists and feet because of it. So I am not completely indifferent to the bullying issue but in this specific case no fists, feet, or truck dragging were involved, and both sides of the issue could stand to butch up.

Is that better sensitive Susan?

muscogee
05-01-2012, 23:35
More Christian bashing and bullying, and life goes on.

I know Mousekogee has been harrased by countless Christians in his life, and has the scars to show it, "go ahead show them, let it all out...it's okay". Time to forgive, and start healing from all those bad people. We're pulling for ya!

Right. like the U.S. needs to forgive Iran and start to heal. Never mind the that the government of Iran will betray you if it suites them, just like most of the Christians I have know. I'll forgive Christians when they start acting like Christians rather than hypocrites.

Paul7
05-02-2012, 07:09
Right. like the U.S. needs to forgive Iran and start to heal. Never mind the that the government of Iran will betray you if it suites them, just like most of the Christians I have know. I'll forgive Christians when they start acting like Christians rather than hypocrites.

You can find fault with every Christian who ever lived, you won't find any in the life of Jesus Christ.

muscogee
05-02-2012, 07:29
You can find fault with every Christian who ever lived, you won't find any in the life of Jesus Christ.

Jesus was a control freak.

Paul7
05-02-2012, 08:11
Jesus was a control freak.

He didn't control anyone, He just walked away sadly when He encountered people like you. You're thinking of Muhammed.

muscogee
05-02-2012, 13:16
He didn't control anyone, He just walked away sadly when He encountered people like you. You're thinking of Muhammed.

He walked away and condemned them to Hell. That's an extreme version of, "My way or the highway".

Firebob2917
05-02-2012, 16:19
Never read where Christ condemned any person. It's a free choice you have to make. The lady that they brought to him to condem his told Them who is without sin cast the first stone. So it a choice you make not God.

muscogee
05-02-2012, 16:26
Never read where Christ condemned any person. It's a free choice you have to make. The lady that they brought to him to condem his told Them who is without sin cast the first stone. So it a choice you make not God.

Ever read Matthew 23? How about the tantrum in the Temple?

Firebob2917
05-02-2012, 17:06
Have read it, he told the people there they had taken the Lords house and had turned it into a den of thieves. It was a place for the people to worship not to trade and sell. But even though he had the power to strike them dead and condemn them, all he did was just ran them out.

Kingarthurhk
05-02-2012, 17:27
So, the folks that run the National Eeducation System thought it would be a really neat idea to drag teenagers from the public school system to listen to gay equivalent of Westorbo Baptists. And most of you don't seem to have a problem with it?

Moreover, he is getting paid all those federal tax dollars to advocate an anti-bullying campaign by engaging in it. Well, that is one area we can save tax dollars right now.

BRoberts243
05-02-2012, 17:39

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, atheist, christian, gay, etc... the only difference is the kids who walked out are already putting up with Antichristian, liberal propoganda on a daily basis, through their schools. Its ok for gay people to be invited by the school to bash ppl who dont agree with them. Or for social studies teaches to teach the pillars of islam and use it as test material, but what do you think if they would have allowed a christian pastor to come to their school and teach his beliefs on a subject that liberals/homosexuals/muslims disagree with.

The difference is, its teaching tolerance and multiculturalism when one of the leftists favorite groups comes to say whay theyre convictions and beliefs are. Its bigotry if a christian does it. The "everyone just needs to be tolerant" group of homosexuals is only tolerant to the point that you agree with them. If any view you have has any type of basis that can be traced to christianity then you are no longer tolerated and you are now the bigot...

Ramjet38
05-02-2012, 17:54
Racism, tolerance, hate crime, etc. only goes one way, and it's not intended to apply to whites, conservatives, or Christians.

Animal Mother
05-02-2012, 18:18
So, the folks that run the National Eeducation System thought it would be a really neat idea to drag teenagers from the public school system to listen to gay equivalent of Westorbo Baptists. And most of you don't seem to have a problem with it? How is Dan Savage the "gay equivalent of Westorbo Baptists"?
Moreover, he is getting paid all those federal tax dollars to advocate an anti-bullying campaign by engaging in it. Well, that is one area we can save tax dollars right now.What federal tax dollars?

Kingarthurhk
05-02-2012, 18:21
How is Dan Savage the "gay equivalent of Westorbo Baptists"?

Because he spreads hate while claiming to be doing good.

avail
05-02-2012, 18:25
:crying: Poor christian bullies... they don't mind laughing and squawking "Amen!" when a preacher tells them to break their child's arm. Nothing like telling a bunch of sheep: "Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTiBv99MYDk

Typical.

- avail :wavey:

Ramjet38
05-02-2012, 18:31
:crying: Poor christian bullies... they don't mind laughing and squawking "Amen!" when a preacher tells them to break their child's arm. Nothing like telling a bunch of sheep: "Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist."

Typical. - avail :wavey:

No, that would be Atypical.

juggy4711
05-02-2012, 21:39

Typical.

- avail :wavey:

What a tough guy. I bet that chump wouldn't last a second in a real fight. You won't find me encouraging folks to be gay but I would love to see that assclown defend a double leg and see what he does upon receiving elbows to the cranium or the look on his face right before he realized he was going to lose consciousness from being choked out.

Animal Mother
05-02-2012, 22:22
Because he spreads hate while claiming to be doing good. How is he spreading hate? He's saying that certain parts of the Bible are now ignored and we should add condemnation of homosexuality to that list.

juggy4711
05-02-2012, 22:29
How is he spreading hate? He's saying that certain parts of the Bible are now ignored and we should add condemnation of homosexuality to that list.

Silly Animal, you see you don't get it. The NT is a reboot of the OT. Homosexuality wasn't addressed by the NT so what ever the OT said about it is no longer applicable or something like that. Either way ignoring the subject is better than the nasty Jewish OT view on the subject. I think I got that right. If not someone will be along shortly to school me.

Gunhaver
05-02-2012, 23:24
Everybody that's so butthurt over this, if you actually watch the video you'll see that all Savage did was raise a very good point about Christians ignoring all sorts of things in the bible from slavery to rape to the uncleanliness of women. He never bashed Christianity as a whole or bullied anybody.

All the walkouts missed the same point. All they heard was "bible" and "bull****" and ran off crying. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Gunhaver
05-02-2012, 23:33
Sorry should I have added those who assault others to the list of offenders for you to get the point? I was a fat kid growing up, a class of folks that can for the most part still be bullied, teased and made fun of without being considered some protected minority class. I even received a few fists and feet because of it. So I am not completely indifferent to the bullying issue but in this specific case no fists, feet, or truck dragging were involved, and both sides of the issue could stand to butch up.

Is that better sensitive Susan?

Sensitive Susan? Really? Looks like some of that bully behavior rubbed off on you. And don't fool yourself into thinking that I'd waste any time being sensitive over what some ex-fat kid spouted off on the internet.

I was quite popular in school, dated cheerleaders and threw crazy parties when my parents were out of town and even I see the point of teaching kids that acting like a d*** makes you a d***. Maybe if they'd started the practice when you were in school you would have had a happier time of it.

Paul7
05-03-2012, 06:47
Silly Animal, you see you don't get it. The NT is a reboot of the OT. Homosexuality wasn't addressed by the NT so what ever the OT said about it is no longer applicable or something like that. Either way ignoring the subject is better than the nasty Jewish OT view on the subject. I think I got that right. If not someone will be along shortly to school me.

The NT says quite a bit about homosexual perversion, not that you care.

Paul7
05-03-2012, 06:47
He walked away and condemned them to Hell. That's an extreme version of, "My way or the highway".

So if you don't believe in Hell how does that harm you?

muscogee
05-03-2012, 07:27
So if you don't believe in Hell how does that harm you?

Don't change the subject. What you said was wrong but you're not man enough to admit it. Which commandment is, "Go ye therefore and be right"? Lying in the name of God is OK. Do you wonder shy people don't respect Christians? Read your posts and see if you can find anything wrong with them.

Ramjet38
05-03-2012, 17:55
Everybody that's so butthurt over this, if you actually watch the video you'll see that all Savage did was raise a very good point about Christians ignoring all sorts of things in the bible from slavery to rape to the uncleanliness of women. He never bashed Christianity as a whole or bullied anybody.

All the walkouts missed the same point. All they heard was "bible" and "bull****" and ran off crying. Sometimes the truth hurts.

So when you are mocked and called a pansy it's not bullying? Probably wouldn't hold up if that were a school or classroom. It also is very hypocritical if you are delivering a supposed speech condemning what you are presently doing.

Those kids that walked out were not bullies. They simply had a faith, and for that faith they were condemend.

He's a real tough disgusting Bastard, that guy is..

Berto
05-03-2012, 18:08
I've read his column in the Stranger over the years. He's nuts, and hardly a good spokesman for anti-bullying.

Gunhaver
05-03-2012, 20:43
So when you are mocked and called a pansy it's not bullying? Probably wouldn't hold up if that were a school or classroom. It also is very hypocritical if you are delivering a supposed speech condemning what you are presently doing.

Those kids that walked out were not bullies. They simply had a faith, and for that faith they were condemend.

He's a real tough disgusting Bastard, that guy is..

Calling people out on stupid practices is not bullying. Are we bullying liberals by telling them that gun control or taxing productive people to support non productive people is BS? When somebody makes an unwarranted direct verbal or physical assault on you, that's bullying. Savage didn't single anybody out. He didn't call Christianity or Christians as a group BS. He said that the parts of the bible that condone slavery, stoning non-virgins, freaking out over women on their periods, hating gays, etc. BS which they very much are. Are you going to defend any of those practices? Are we to refrain from criticizing stupid harmful behavior because somebody sticks it under the umbrella of "religious beliefs"?

And if someone can't handle hearing that very clear and very correct message to the point that they have to get up and walk away crying, well, pansy ass seems like a pretty apt term to describe them.

Kingarthurhk
05-03-2012, 21:10
Calling people out on stupid practices is not bullying. Are we bullying liberals by telling them that gun control or taxing productive people to support non productive people is BS? When somebody makes an unwarranted direct verbal or physical assault on you, that's bullying. Savage didn't single anybody out. He didn't call Christianity or Christians as a group BS. He said that the parts of the bible that condone slavery, stoning non-virgins, freaking out over women on their periods, hating gays, etc. BS which they very much are. Are you going to defend any of those practices? Are we to refrain from criticizing stupid harmful behavior because somebody sticks it under the umbrella of "religious beliefs"?

And if someone can't handle hearing that very clear and very correct message to the point that they have to get up and walk away crying, well, pansy ass seems like a pretty apt term to describe them.

In that case, stop being an Atheist.

juggy4711
05-03-2012, 21:10
Sensitive Susan? Really? Looks like some of that bully behavior rubbed off on you. And don't fool yourself into thinking that I'd waste any time being sensitive over what some ex-fat kid spouted off on the internet.

:rofl: You did before you knew I was a fat kid growing up and as far as the bully mentality rubbing off, it's called standing up for one's self. See folks that learn to kick the crap out of bullies don't often get bulled anymore. Once I decided to throw that fat around the skinny, popular, dating cheerleaders types decided it wasn't in their best interest to try to bully me. It only took two examples to made of before the rest of them figured it out.

I was quite popular in school, dated cheerleaders and threw crazy parties when my parents were out of town and even I see the point of teaching kids that acting like a d*** makes you a d***. Maybe if they'd started the practice when you were in school you would have had a happier time of it.

I bet you were...:rofl: Seriously? I'm practically in tears over how pompous and stupid that response was. I had a great time. I didn't let it get to me which was my point. You jumped to a conclusion that I had a miserable childhood because I was fat. Far from it. As far as partying, well lets just say I didn't graduate from high school and as for waiting for my parents to be out of town...:rofl: Weak.

ETA And in case you were too sensitive to notice I agree the Bible is full of BS. Just seems you are also.

juggy4711
05-03-2012, 21:20
The NT says quite a bit about homosexual perversion, not that you care.

Odd I have read the NT quite a few times and don't recall Jesus ever making a point of it. I trust you can cite the relevant passages and will be more than willing to admit my mistake. That wasn't sarcasm by the way. If I missed or do not recall said references I prefer to be corrected.

Ramjet38
05-04-2012, 18:07
There are more Hardcore atheist here that are Activist than there are just those that are non-Theist, or agnostic. I have no problem with the latter, and have friends that fit these categories.

If you are an hardcore atheist Activist do you have the balls to admit it here, or are you going to pansy-out? Time to report in...go for it...just identify yourselves so we'll all know so we can put it to rest, and get on with it.

Firebob2917
05-04-2012, 19:11
Juggy, try Romans Chap 1 vs 24 to end of chapter.

juggy4711
05-04-2012, 19:48
Juggy, try Romans Chap 1 vs 24 to end of chapter.

I stand corrected. The NT via Paul mentions homosexuality. Thanks Firebob. Are there any other references that I missed? Did Jesus ever address it directly?

muscogee
05-04-2012, 20:47
There are more Hardcore atheist here that are Activist than there are just those that are non-Theist, or agnostic. I have no problem with the latter, and have friends that fit these categories.

If you are an hardcore atheist Activist do you have the balls to admit it here, or are you going to pansy-out? Time to report in...go for it...just identify yourselves so we'll all know so we can put it to rest, and get on with it.

Why??

Firebob2917
05-04-2012, 21:01
He made reference to Sodom and Gomorrha in Matt 10.15, 11:24 and 19:5 that the judgment it recived would be better than the cites that his disciples were sent to if they were rejected.

Foxterriermom
05-04-2012, 21:15
He made reference to Sodom and Gomorrha in Matt 10.15, 11:24 and 19:5 that the judgment it recived would be better than the cites that his disciples were sent to if they were rejected.

But contrary to popular belief, these cities were not destroyed soley based on the their practice of homosexuality. The following is a very good article based on scripture related to the destruction of the cities for anyone interested:

http://whosoever.org/v2i3/sodom.html

Firebob2917
05-04-2012, 21:37
I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. 8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes.

So what was Lot referring to when he asked them not do wickedly to his guest. But offered his virgin daughters? The city was an bad place and God was passing judgment I agree that homosexual behavior was not the only sin in Sodom and Gomorrha but to say that the men around Lot's house that night was just wanting to get to know the two guest is reaching a little to far. They had other things on thier minds.

When God see's sin it's all bad to him.

ArtificialGrape
05-04-2012, 21:49
I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. 8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes.

So what was Lot referring to when he asked them not do wickedly to his guest. But offered his virgin daughters?

The guests were angels, and sex with angels was frowned upon, homosexual angel raping, I'm guessing, even moreso. So you can't conclude that the admonition was merely due to homosexuality.

-ArtificialGrape

Firebob2917
05-04-2012, 21:51
Nope not at all, see after edit

ArtificialGrape
05-04-2012, 22:01
Nope not at all, see after edit

They had other things on thier minds.
Yes, they were bent on raping angels -- the guests being angels doesn't have seemed important enough to you to mention.

-ArtificialGrape

Firebob2917
05-04-2012, 22:11
Yes they were angels, but would it have not been a sin if they had took his daughter's instead. Sin is Sin in Gods eye. The city was already going to be destroyed this act had nothing to do with God's decision. They were there to get Lot and his family out of Sodom and Gomorrha.

Mister_Beefy
05-04-2012, 23:17
Racism, tolerance, hate crime, etc. only goes one way, and it's not intended to apply to whites, conservatives, or Christians.

well heck, I was going to chime in but you pretty much said it.

Gunhaver
05-04-2012, 23:53
Yes they were angels, but would it have not been a sin if they had took his daughter's instead. Sin is Sin in Gods eye.

Raping women is not a sin? One would assume the angels could have taken care of themselves in that situation. I have a Glock for those types of situations, at the very least angels should have some sort of divine sphincter power or something that could have prevented them from being raped?

muscogee
05-05-2012, 08:02
But contrary to popular belief, these cities were not destroyed soley based on the their practice of homosexuality. The following is a very good article based on scripture related to the destruction of the cities for anyone interested:

http://whosoever.org/v2i3/sodom.html

Intresting link. No one ever talks about neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. as a reason for the destruction of Sodom. They just focus on homosexuality. Obviously a lot of Republicans in Sodom.

Firebob2917
05-05-2012, 08:17
Raping women is not a sin?

I was asking "is it not a sin" to say that it did not matter if it was the angels or daughters Sin is sin in Gods eye,

Gunhaver
05-05-2012, 15:13
I was asking "is it not a sin" to say that it did not matter if it was the angels or daughters Sin is sin in Gods eye,

I think you ignored the second part of my response. Raping angels doesn't have to be a sin because angels don't have to get raped. They're friggin Angels after all. They could have just gone into cloaking mode or something and Lot could have the rapists come in and find nobody to rape.

In other words, can you or anybody explain exactly how this completely F-ed up story makes any sense?

Gunhaver
05-05-2012, 15:46
:rofl: You did before you knew I was a fat kid growing up and as far as the bully mentality rubbing off, it's called standing up for one's self.

I did what exactly? Bully you? I asked a simple question about your "anti-bullying nonsense" comment.

See folks that learn to kick the crap out of bullies don't often get bulled anymore.

And how dare I assume that not everyone can be an expert bully crap kicker? :dunno:

Once I decided to throw that fat around the skinny, popular, dating cheerleaders types decided it wasn't in their best interest to try to bully me. It only took two examples to made of before the rest of them figured it out.

Glad that worked out for you but there's something flawed about the "worked for me, it should work for you" mindset. Even more flawed to think any attempt to educate people in a different tactic is nonsense.

I bet you were...:rofl: Seriously? I'm practically in tears over how pompous and stupid that response was. I had a great time. I didn't let it get to me which was my point. You jumped to a conclusion that I had a miserable childhood because I was fat. Far from it. As far as partying, well lets just say I didn't graduate from high school and as for waiting for my parents to be out of town...:rofl: Weak.

The only conclusion I came to was the one you provided which was that you were bullied for being a fat kid. And I was simply stating that I wasn't bullied at all and I still understood the effect it has on people. Like, oh I don't know, perhaps getting overly defensive about the matter and seeing insults where there are none? :dunno:

ETA And in case you were too sensitive to notice I agree the Bible is full of BS. Just seems you are also.

I'm aware of your feelings on the bible but keep name calling and intentionally misconstruing my point because I disagree with you. You're doing a great job of proving my point that that kind of behavior screws kids up and makes them into angry defensive adults so it's not exactly "nonsense" to try to educate them on that fact.

Firebob2917
05-05-2012, 16:07
GH, I guess the moral of the story if you go back and read was that God gave Abraham several outs not to destroy the cities if he could find 50 down to 10 righteous people he would not have destroyed. To make sense of the story.

Ramjet38
05-05-2012, 18:16
well heck, I was going to chime in but you pretty much said it.

Well Brother, come on in anyways the more the merrier. :wavey:

Ramjet38
05-05-2012, 18:20
Why??

It would be very interesting to see who stood where.

I think there's a division amongst atheist on certain beliefs, thoughts, and actions the same as there is amongst Christians. Just trying to figure out where that division lies although I already have a pretty good idea.

ksg0245
05-05-2012, 19:53

What exactly does "hardcore atheist activist" mean?

ArtificialGrape
05-05-2012, 20:01

Kind of wondering that myself.

muscogee
05-05-2012, 20:57
It would be very interesting to see who stood where.

I think there's a division amongst atheist on certain beliefs, thoughts, and actions the same as there is amongst Christians. Just trying to figure out where that division lies although I already have a pretty good idea.

Why do you need to put people in boxes? So you can stereotype and knock down straw men?

nmk
05-06-2012, 04:19
'Christian' is normally capitalized, like the first word of a sentence. It is rather petty to not do so, about like me writing 'richard dawkins'.

I'm sure he's pissed.

Ramjet38
05-06-2012, 10:02

In my terms it means daily or frequent involvement in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work.

It also can include lawsuits, speaking engagements, or media attention to the fact that is condemning religion. In other words actively promoting atheism. The speaker in the OP would be considered a hardcore activist.

There are also some of these that would apply to the religious side as well such as speaking engagements, and the media.

muscogee
05-06-2012, 12:47
In my terms it means daily or frequent involvement in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work.

It also can include lawsuits, speaking engagements, or media attention to the fact that is condemning religion. In other words actively promoting atheism. The speaker in the OP would be considered a hardcore activist.

There are also some of these that would apply to the religious side as well such as speaking engagements, and the media.

I doubt there are any people like that here. What you describe is too much like being part of a church.

ksg0245
05-06-2012, 17:15

I'm not aware of anything exactly like that happening in the US.

It also can include lawsuits, speaking engagements, or media attention to the fact that is condemning religion. In other words actively promoting atheism.

Are the people in GTRI talking about how punishment awaits those not following their particular religion actively promoting theism, and therefore "hardcore theist activists," or is there a distinction I'm missing?

The speaker in the OP would be considered a hardcore activist.

I don't recall Savage condemning religion in that clip, and while he may promote atheism, I don't recall him doing so in that particular example.

Absolutely.

Ramjet38
05-08-2012, 17:42
I doubt there are any people like that here.

:rofl:

Ramjet38
05-08-2012, 17:44
I'm not aware of anything exactly like that happening in the US.

A double...:rofl: :rofl:

muscogee
05-08-2012, 19:47
:rofl:

Backed in a corner huh? Who do you think files lawsuits etc.?

creaky
05-09-2012, 12:21
Here is an article on the subject

http://takimag.com/article/tiptoeing_through_a_minefield_of_pansy_asses_jim_goad#axzz1uOW0jFJG

Article is not for kids.

ksg0245
05-09-2012, 17:19
A double...:rofl: :rofl:

Feel free to provide examples.

Ramjet38
05-09-2012, 17:30
Backed in a corner huh? Who do you think files lawsuits etc.?

Give me a break you do this every day (excluding lawsuits).

Supporting these actions are the same as starting them.

You've even stated more or less your hatred of Christians.
And I quote..."Of course that would be contrary to your martyrs' complex, so you whine instead. You people are disgusting. There you have it. That's the excuse you're looking for to get morally outraged. Knock yourselves out." post #5 of the OP

YOU, are an Activist hands down. I do have one question...do you teach?

Paul7
05-09-2012, 17:33

He's got a beam in his own eye, Ramjet.

Ramjet38
05-09-2012, 17:46
Feel free to provide examples.

Are you really that dense? Christian symbols are being torn down every day because of activist. Now, if you want to turn a blind eye that's your prerogative, but they have been in the national news frequently.

Ramjet38
05-09-2012, 17:50

Yep!..and I edited to say very well said.

happyguy
05-09-2012, 18:22

It's quite sad that you are so full of anger and hatred.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Ramjet38
05-09-2012, 18:33
It's quite sad that you are so full of anger and hatred.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

It really does confuse me on why there's such an activist frenzy of disrespect and outrage that some believe something that they don't. But, understanding why things are, as they are, and what the future holds for all of us it's not really confusing at all, but is expected. Kinda of scary too.

ksg0245
05-09-2012, 19:39
Are you really that dense?

I love the irony rampant in this.

Christian symbols are being torn down every day because of activist.

Really? Atheist activists require all Christian symbols be torn down? Or is it only when those symbols are being supported by taxpayers?

Your claim was that hardcore atheist activism is "daily or frequent involvement in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work."

As far as I know, no atheist is involved "in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work."

When atheists get involved, it's NOT because members of government express their own religious beliefs, but because government is promoting religion when it shouldn't be.

Now, if you want to turn a blind eye that's your prerogative, but they have been in the national news frequently.

Then it should be easy for you to cite one example that fits your criteria, but I expect you'll just bluster some more.

muscogee
05-09-2012, 20:09

You've even stated more or less your hatred of Christians.
And I quote..."Of course that would be contrary to your martyrs' complex, so you whine instead. You people are disgusting. There you have it. That's the excuse you're looking for to get morally outraged. Knock yourselves out." post #5 of the OP

YOU, are an Activist hands down. I do have one question...do you teach?

Now you're changing the subject. That's one of the tactics your kind use when backed in a corner. I have never done any of the things mentioned in your previous post nor do I openly discuss religion any place but here.

Last week I took one of my cars in to have the battery checked. The mechanic said the warranty was almost up and it should be changed. I asked if it would last until the end of the warranty. He said, “No, you've really been blessed to have it last this long”. I wanted to laugh in his face and ask, “By whom have I been blessed? The car God? The battery God? Do different batteries have different Gods?”, but I didn't. Unlike him, I'm polite enough to not wear my religion on my shirt sleeve and shove it down everyone throat(except here where people ask for it). A few weeks ago I went to Fiesta with my family. The God Squad had infested one entire block. Every few steps someone tried to shove a card in my face. I didn't tell them what I thought of them and their intrusion into my private life. I politely said, “No, no, no, no, no”. Unlike them, I have never stood outside a church handing out cards condemning them. So climb down off your cross.

muscogee
05-09-2012, 20:15

It really does confuse me on why there's such an activist frenzy of disrespect and outrage that some believe something that they don't. But, understanding why things are, as they are, and what the future holds for all of us it's not really confusing at all, but is expected. Kinda of scary too.

Really?

Ramjet38
05-10-2012, 17:33
I love the irony rampant in this.

Really? Atheist activists require all Christian symbols be torn down? Or is it only when those symbols are being supported by taxpayers?

Your claim was that hardcore atheist activism is "daily or frequent involvement in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work."

As far as I know, no atheist is involved "in getting rid of any symbols of relegion, or any mention of God in any public setting where there's any local, state, or federal government property, bulilding, or place of work."

When atheists get involved, it's NOT because members of government express their own religious beliefs, but because government is promoting religion when it shouldn't be.

Then it should be easy for you to cite one example that fits your criteria, but I expect you'll just bluster some more.

Previously asked... "Are you dense"?

Well that answers that question.

Ramjet38
05-10-2012, 17:38
Now you're changing the subject. That's one of the tactics your kind use when backed in a corner. I have never done any of the things mentioned in your previous post nor do I openly discuss religion any place but here.

Last week I took one of my cars in to have the battery checked. The mechanic said the warranty was almost up and it should be changed. I asked if it would last until the end of the warranty. He said, “No, you've really been blessed to have it last this long”. I wanted to laugh in his face and ask, “By whom have I been blessed? The car God? The battery God? Do different batteries have different Gods?”, but I didn't. Unlike him, I'm polite enough to not wear my religion on my shirt sleeve and shove it down everyone throat(except here where people ask for it). A few weeks ago I went to Fiesta with my family. The God Squad had infested one entire block. Every few steps someone tried to shove a card in my face. I didn't tell them what I thought of them and their intrusion into my private life. I politely said, “No, no, no, no, no”. Unlike them, I have never stood outside a church handing out cards condemning them. So climb down off your cross.

You're a piece of work for sure. Totally made my assumption correct...except maybe not teach, but most definitely influencing. I also don't believe any of your stories, and am positive they are make believe, much like your life.

Ramjet38
05-10-2012, 17:39
Really?

Really.

muscogee
05-10-2012, 18:00
You're a piece of work for sure. Totally made my assumption correct...except maybe not teach, but most definitely influencing. I also don't believe any of your stories, and am positive they are make believe, much like your life.

Christians get away with all kinds of immoral behavior because people like don't believe it could happen. There are a lot of things about me you can't believe. That's because you've led a sheltered life.

ksg0245
05-11-2012, 04:39
Previously asked... "Are you dense"?

Well that answers that question.

So... No example, just bluster.

void *
05-11-2012, 15:20
There's a guy who, about once a year, stands across the street from the middle school and hands out Gideon Bibles to any kid who will take one. The kids that take them then take those Bibles on to public school property.

I have never seen anybody complain, never complained myself, and, since he's across the street, not endorsed by the school in any obvious way, and the kids are free to take the Bible or not take it (and then take that Bible, or not take it, onto the school grounds) as their own decision, I don't see any reason anyone *would* complain.

I offer this up as a counter-example.

Ramjet38
05-13-2012, 17:47
So... No example, just bluster.

Come out of your shelter and look around.

Ramjet38
05-13-2012, 17:50
. That's because you've led a sheltered life.

Sure.

I'm 61 years old and a Vietnam vet, and have worked for the past 32 years in support of protecting your sorry butt. Yes, a very sheltered life. :rofl:

Ramjet38
05-13-2012, 17:59
There's a guy who, about once a year, stands across the street from the middle school and hands out Gideon Bibles to any kid who will take one. The kids that take them then take those Bibles on to public school property.

I have never seen anybody complain, never complained myself, and, since he's across the street, not endorsed by the school in any obvious way, and the kids are free to take the Bible or not take it (and then take that Bible, or not take it, onto the school grounds) as their own decision, I don't see any reason anyone *would* complain.

I offer this up as a counter-example.

I like that. There's no harm in offering. Everyone has the right to refuse or accept. Also once a year should not be an annoyance to anyone, but I'm sure it is to some.

ksg0245
05-13-2012, 18:24
Come out of your shelter and look around.

Come out of yours and stop blustering.

muscogee
05-13-2012, 19:41
Sure.

I'm 61 years old and a Vietnam vet, and have worked for the past 32 years in support of protecting your sorry butt. Yes, a very sheltered life. :rofl:

Tet was in 68 you're not old enough for that. We started withdrawing troops after that. The fighting stopped in 75. I bet you shuffled a lot of paper in the, "Hell no, we won't go" peace time military. I'm sure you got paid for that too. I paid your salary and health care so stop acting like you did me a favor. My wife has an uncle like that. The double dipper shuffled paper for 40 years and draws $60,000 per year for staying drunk. The rest of us pay that plus his medical care. Tough life. The people who actually did stuff don't wear it on their shirt sleeves. My FIL was a WWII Marine in the Pacific. According to him, all he did was sit on the beach and drink beer. The people who served with him told a different story.

As far as a sheltered life, yes it was. Someone told you where to live, when to get up, what to do, and made sure you had a place to live and health care, which costs you nothing. Since most people were getting out of the military during that time, you didn't have to worry about loosing your job. You didn't have it bad.

Ramjet38
05-14-2012, 17:59
'72 - 73
It was not over. You wasn't even sperm then, and if your were it was strained.

muscogee
05-14-2012, 20:35
'72 - 73
It was not over. You wasn't even sperm then, and if your were it was strained.

This is off topic and not worth a response. You lack the intelligence to have a conversation.

Gunhaver
05-14-2012, 21:50
Sure.

You weren't protecting anybody. You were there to kill people that the government told you to kill. The Vietnamese were not a threat to the American people. Get over yourself.

juggy4711
05-14-2012, 22:23
You weren't protecting anybody. You were there to kill people that the government told you to kill. The Vietnamese were not a threat to the American people. Get over yourself.

While I agree that in hindsight Vietnam posed no threat to the US, the Cold War was not as clear and dry as it seems in retrospect. Soldiers do what they are told correct. But we should not put blame on them when the government orders them into combat.

My greatest beef with how we have fought since WWII is that our government and our populace is ok with sacrificing additional American lives so that we can claim to have fought fairly, reduce collateral damage, be sensitive to the enemy or any bull crap of that nature.

Once Americans have been ordered into combat I want them to have the greatest chance to come back home alive no matter what it takes or what the enemy has to suffer.

By that same token Vets since WWII deserve our respect but they should also realize that their sacrifice did not/was not about keeping the USA safe.

I think you owe Ramjet an apology and I think Ramjet needs to look back on his service less subjectively.

Gunhaver
05-15-2012, 00:58
While I agree that in hindsight Vietnam posed no threat to the US, the Cold War was not as clear and dry as it seems in retrospect. Soldiers do what they are told correct. But we should not put blame on them when the government orders them into combat.

My greatest beef with how we have fought since WWII is that our government and our populace is ok with sacrificing additional American lives so that we can claim to have fought fairly, reduce collateral damage, be sensitive to the enemy or any bull crap of that nature.

Once Americans have been ordered into combat I want them to have the greatest chance to come back home alive no matter what it takes or what the enemy has to suffer.

By that same token Vets since WWII deserve our respect but they should also realize that their sacrifice did not/was not about keeping the USA safe.

I think you owe Ramjet an apology and I think Ramjet needs to look back on his service less subjectively.

I wasn't blaming him for being a soldier of for following any orders. I was blaming him for holding up his service as "protecting Muscogee's sorry butt" when that war clearly had nothing to do with protecting any American lives. If he thinks that way or want's to tell himself that to make himself feel better then fine but holding himself up as a savior of American lives in an internet bickerfest is BS.

Paul7
05-15-2012, 07:08

He was trying to save the people of SE Asia from the mass murders Pol Pot and your fellow atheists later committed after the fall of South Vietnam.

muscogee
05-15-2012, 07:52
He was trying to save the people of SE Asia from the mass murders Pol Pot and your fellow atheists later committed after the fall of South Vietnam.

You are one supreme font of ignorance. Pol Pot was my fellow atheist in the same way he was responsible for the mass murders in Vietnam. I'll let you figure that out.

Gunhaver
05-15-2012, 09:57

My humble apologies. I wasn't aware that Muscogee was South East Asian.

muscogee
05-15-2012, 14:17
My humble apologies. I wasn't aware that Muscogee was South East Asian.

I wasn't either.

ksg0245
05-15-2012, 20:56

It's funny how you always say "You don't judge a philosophy by its misuse" and then trot out this kind of garbage. Does it only work one way?