SEALs slam Obama for using them [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SEALs slam Obama for using them

DOC44
04-30-2012, 19:57
SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-Obama-using-ammunition-bid-credit-bin-Laden-killing-election-campaign.html

Doc44

Ruble Noon
04-30-2012, 20:20
SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-Obama-using-ammunition-bid-credit-bin-Laden-killing-election-campaign.html

Doc44

Obama got Osama.

G22Dude
04-30-2012, 20:26
I wonder which BUDS class Barry graduated in.

juggy4711
04-30-2012, 20:26
Just when I think Barrack can't be a worse piece of crap than he is he proves me wrong. What a freaking scumbag

DOC44
04-30-2012, 20:28
Just when I think Barrack can't be a worse piece of crap than he is he proves me wrong. What a freaking scumbag

he is what he is......

Doc44

G22Dude
04-30-2012, 20:29

just remember when you have no moral core you can always sink lower. Do you remember the Obama Navy SEAL action figure. These idiots acted like Barry led the team in Osama's pad and personally double tapped him to the head

Ruble Noon
04-30-2012, 20:32
It was a brave call, a gutsy move that got osama.

G22Dude
04-30-2012, 20:34

I give him credit for doing the right thing, I would like to think that as much of a liberal that he is he would realize that this was the only right think to do. Plus with a re-election coming up there was no way the American public could have caught wind of the fact that he passed up an opportunity to take out UBL. This was the only thing he could do.

Ruble Noon
04-30-2012, 20:43
I give him credit for doing the right thing, I would like to think that as much of a liberal that he is he would realize that this was the only right think to do. Plus with a re-election coming up there was no way the American public could have caught wind of the fact that he passed up an opportunity to take out UBL. This was the only thing he could do.

I'm just being sarcastic about how it was all portrayed in the media.

G22Dude
04-30-2012, 20:57
I'm just being sarcastic about how it was all portrayed in the media.

I caught the sarcasim. It was so funny how every talking head parroted those same words on the Sunday Morning Shows following the raid. Its as if they all got the talking points via courier from the DNC. I would be embarassed to have to run out and shill for anyone like that and look like a fool while doing it.

aircarver
04-30-2012, 20:58
Stolen Valor..... by the impostor .....

frank4570
04-30-2012, 21:39
Isn't the daily mail like the enquirer?

LASTRESORT20
04-30-2012, 21:53

Huh?

The story is right on.....You sound "Protective"

CAcop
04-30-2012, 21:55
It's all he's got on foreign policy that doesn't make him look like a wimp. See "I'll be more flexible after the election" for details.

Ruggles
04-30-2012, 22:04

Nah I looked and no alien, Bigfoot or Elvis stories to be seen on their website.

ModGlock17
04-30-2012, 22:04
"Heros don't brag", thus said one US Senator (one who is loyal to this country).

ancient_serpent
04-30-2012, 23:15
I hope no one takes it in the wrong way then I say this, but I don't get a pat on the back for just doing the right thing. So you ordered our military to kill a threat? Well do you want a freaking cookie or something?

greentriple
04-30-2012, 23:24
If it had been one of your conservative heroes in his place that had done the same you'd each be signing his praise and telling anyone who would care to listen what a patriot he is.

They hypocrisy suns deep in this post.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Foxtrotx1
04-30-2012, 23:24
Can we get the story from a better source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

It's a tabloid.

snerd
05-01-2012, 01:24

It's a tabloid.
If it's not on CNN or the Big 3 networks, it must be trash, huh? Remember, it was The Enquirer that broke the John Edwards story when your msm was sitting on it.

Foxtrotx1
05-01-2012, 01:30
If it's not on CNN or the Big 3 networks, it must be trash, huh? Remember, it was The Enquirer that broke the John Edwards story when your msm was sitting on it.

I don't watch MSN?? :dunno:

I just want more sources. When I write a paper I don't cite just once source. It's called doing your research.

snerd
05-01-2012, 01:44
I don't watch MSN?? :dunno:

I just want more sources. When I write a paper I don't cite just once source. It's called doing your research.
MSM, mainstream media. And one simple Google search turns up tons of stories on it from other sources.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SEALs+slam+Obama

71Commander
05-01-2012, 04:09
This can't be true as there is no mention of it at the DUmp.:tongueout:

DOC44
05-01-2012, 04:15
MSM, mainstream media. And one simple Google search turns up tons of stories on it from other sources.

FOX talking about it this morning.

Doc44

Bren
05-01-2012, 04:25

I realize you're just trolling, with your standard pro-Obama nonsense, but since others will also say it was "brave" I'll respond.

Brave? He could say yes, go kill him in Pakistan, or "no" let Osama Bin Laden go, even though we know where he is. Which one of those would be most dangerous to a politician? You'd have to have been born yesterday to think that the American public gives a rat's &*^ if we "violate Pakistan's borders" but no president who was afraid to do it to get Bin Laden would ever get elected dog catcher again.

Obama made the safest decision, of 2 simple decisions and people would have to be fools to call it brave.

So, a policeman calls the mayor and says, "I've confirmed that the green river killer is in this apartment, but I can't get a search warrant, can I go in and get him" and the mayor say "yes." How "brave does that make the mayor?

I caught the sarcasim.
Given all of the voting threads where he argues fervently for voters to help Obama in the election, I don't see that it was sarcasm. I assume many left-wingers just masquerade here to spread their message - most are just more clever about it than greentriple.

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 04:51
I realize you're just trolling, with your standard pro-Obama nonsense, but since others will also say it was "brave" I'll respond.

Gonna' need some examples of that.

Given all of the voting threads where he argues fervently for voters to help Obama in the election, I don't see that it was sarcasm. I assume many left-wingers just masquerade here to spread their message - most are just more clever about it than greentriple.Because I won't vote for Mittens? You think that benefits Obama?

Since I started buying Toyota products instead of GM because I was tired of quality issues with them is it my fault that they went bankrupt? Or is it their crappy products and business practices that was the problem?
If Mittens loses blame the GOP for putting forth a crappy product.

syntaxerrorsix
05-01-2012, 04:58

Because I won't vote for Mittens? You think that benefits Obama?

Since I started buying Toyota products instead of GM because I was tired of quality issues with them is it my fault that they went bankrupt? Or is it their crappy products and business practices that was the problem?
If Mittens loses blame the GOP for putting forth a crappy product.

Good analogy. I won't buy crappy products either and I know who deserves the blame for creating it.

BuckyP
05-01-2012, 05:38
Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order.

Yes, the true irony is that any president would have given that order.... EXCEPT Bill Clinton, who is the one narrating the ad!!! :wow:

If it had been one of your conservative heroes in his place that had done the same you'd each be signing his praise and telling anyone who would care to listen what a patriot he is.

They hypocrisy suns deep in this post.

Spoken in true liberal diversion tactics, moving away from the point. There is a difference between being "praised" by others, vs. praising oneself.

DOC44
05-01-2012, 05:44
high fiving oneself is not cool.

Doc44

Bren
05-01-2012, 05:53

OK - I'll use your words:

Because I won't vote for Mittens? You think that benefits Obama?

Absolutely (in the election, not the primary) and you know it does too. Every third party vote or every Paul supporter who stays home in November is one more democrat vote that is unanswered/uncancelled and you and others who follow your thinking will guarantee Obama a win

Bren
05-01-2012, 05:56
Good analogy. I won't buy crappy products either and I know who deserves the blame for creating it.

Then neither of you is very good with analogies - if you are forced to buy a product and your choices are between crappy and a little more crappy, but if you refuse to choose, you get the "more crappy" by default - that's a much better analogy for this election. Most would choose the crappy product over the "more crappy" product - it's basic common sense. Those who cause themselves to get the crappiest product by refusing to choose should feel ashamed, rather than self-righteous.

Skyhook
05-01-2012, 06:50
high fiving oneself is not cool.

Doc44

I recall Cassius Clay starting this 'I'm the greatest!' BS... problem was... he was. Obama just ain't.

Dexters
05-01-2012, 06:58

What was brave about it?

What president wouldn't do it?

Why wouldn't they do it?

Dexters
05-01-2012, 07:02
It's all he's got on foreign policy that doesn't make him look like a wimp. See "I'll be more flexible after the election" for details.

That is true.

The problem is that it isn't what he said he would do when running. Which he doesn't want to remind his supporters. He basically outdid Bush. BO has a heavy finger on the drone strikes. More then Bush.

Also, as someone recently mentioned - he kills people instead of capturing and interrogating. How is that humane?

SPIN2010
05-01-2012, 07:10

Doc44

Don't you get discharged (OTH) for insulting the kenyan these days? That Marine did, right? :dunno:

Skyhook
05-01-2012, 07:21
After all the fawning over Obama's magnificent display of bravery (for which he will undoubtedly receive several more Nobel prizes and medals) one still must ask: Did Obama actually solve all of our international problems by nodding his imperial head or didn't he?

Some doubt he did.. http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/gaffney050112.php3?printer_friendly

Bruce H
05-01-2012, 07:39
A man with no credit or positive accomplishments will take the work of others for himself. He has nothing else.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 08:04
If it had been one of your conservative heroes in his place that had done the same you'd each be signing [sic] his praise and telling anyone who would care to listen what a patriot he is.

They hypocrisy suns [sic] deep in this post.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Keep telling yourself that. The difference is the last guy wasn't as concerned with his personal reputation as this one obviously is. There were no publicity pictures of GWB saluting coffins coming home. GWB had a lot more class when it came to how he treated the troops. With Barry, it seems to be all about PR.

CAcop
05-01-2012, 09:37
That is true.

The problem is that it isn't what he said he would do when running. Which he doesn't want to remind his supporters. He basically outdid Bush. BO has a heavy finger on the drone strikes. More then Bush.

Also, as someone recently mentioned - he kills people instead of capturing and interrogating. How is that humane?

Someone put it like this about Obama an drone strikes,

"Better dead than in Gitmo."

Obama still has not closed Gitmo and it pisses off some of his base. The only thing he can do is to keep it from growing. So he puts people on the kill list.

There is no way he would want OBL alive. His base would want him tried in civillian court.

snerd
05-01-2012, 10:00
Now he's over in Afghanistan, sucking up to the troops for some good photo ops. Disgusting. Oh, our media hasn't gotten it yet, it's a 'secret' that he's over there. The Chinese and others have reported it, though.

aircarver
05-01-2012, 10:27
Now he's over in Afghanistan, sucking up to the troops for some good photo ops. Disgusting. Oh, our media hasn't gotten it yet, it's a 'secret' that he's over there. The Chinese and others have reported it, though.

Scouting out Moochelle's next vacay- shun spot ? .......

:outtahere::supergrin:

frank4570
05-01-2012, 10:36
Nah I looked and no alien, Bigfoot or Elvis stories to be seen on their website.

It must be another one I'm thinking of.

frank4570
05-01-2012, 10:43
..You sound "Protective"

You sound emotional.

BuckyP
05-01-2012, 10:45
To understand why Obama deserves credit, you need to see what really went down in the situation room.

http://www.pollardfamily.net/fun/teambinladen.jpg

Cream Soda Kid
05-01-2012, 10:54
he is what he is......

Doc44
Amen to that, brother.

brickboy240
05-01-2012, 11:13
What else does he have to run on?

The economy?

Housing?

Jobs?

Gas prices?

It is literally all he has.

How sad is that?

- brickboy240

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 11:34
OK - I'll use your words:

Absolutely (in the election, not the primary) and you know it does too. Every third party vote or every Paul supporter who stays home in November is one more democrat vote that is unanswered/uncancelled and you and others who follow your thinking will guarantee Obama a win

You didn't answer my question. Is it my fault that GM went bankrupt?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 11:35
What was brave about it?

What president wouldn't do it?

Why wouldn't they do it?

You should probably ask Clinton and the MSM as these were their words.

IndianaMatt
05-01-2012, 11:36
I'm no military dude, but doesn't that seem a bit in poor taste to be disrespecting the commander in chief?

Idk!

Gundude
05-01-2012, 11:46
So, a policeman calls the mayor and says, "I've confirmed that the green river killer is in this apartment, but I can't get a search warrant, can I go in and get him" and the mayor say "yes." How "brave does that make the mayor?If you're not 100% sure it's the green river killer, and the apartment manager is somewhat unpredictable, has nukes, and is very protective of his building, a certain amount of bravery is required on the Mayor's part, because the fallout from something going wrong, and provoking a bad reaction from the heavily armed unpredictable apartment manager, will fall squarely on the Mayor.

ChuteTheMall
05-01-2012, 11:53
I'm no military dude, but doesn't that seem a bit in poor taste to be disrespecting the commander in chief?

Idk!

Not when he disrespected SEALS by prosecuting them for allegedly punching a terrorist in the face while struggling to capture him. Zero never captured anyone.

Not when he tried to take credit for capturing Bin Laden after he was dragged off a golf course, force to put a jacket on over his golf shirt, and forced to sit down and watch the real heroes do the work. Zero preferred to play golf, and it shows.

Not when he fought against them regarding enhanced interrogation techniques (against only 3 detainees) which led to the capture of OBL.:drowning: He even promised to close Gitmo and he stopped capturing prisoners to insure that we would never again obtain intelligence information. Zero prefers "no prisoners, no mess."
Not when the POTUS has repeatedly demonstrated that he supports their enemy. :steamed:

ChuteTheMall
05-01-2012, 12:13
Yes, the true irony is that any president would have given that order.... EXCEPT Bill Clinton, who is the one narrating the ad!!! :wow:

And except Obama, who failed to act in October 2010 upon the information, and who would have let OBL slip away yet again if he hadn't been politically forced to allow the men to do their jobs.

In the words of ultra-liberal Arianna Huffington: "....It's one thing to have an NBC special from the Situation Room... all that to me is perfectly legitimate, but to turn it into a campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do."

stsai465
05-01-2012, 12:16
Related storyline:

The frustration—or, even anger—within the SEAL community is real, and has been brewing for months, particularly among a politically conservative core of operators. It started immediately after the raid, with questions among the Special Forces and intelligence community of whether the president should have waited to announce the kill to exploit the intelligence cache at Osama’s compound. It simmered after a Chinook helicopter was shot down, killing 30 Americans, 22 of them Navy SEALs from Team Six.

Rest here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/will-resentful-navy-seals-swift-boat-obama

Gundude
05-01-2012, 12:32
He even promised to close Gitmo and he stopped capturing prisoners to insure that we would never again obtain intelligence information. Zero prefers "no prisoners, no mess."So let's see... We close one avenue of intelligence gathering, (one notoriously unreliable avenue, no less) out of hundreds, and in return, we get to not feed, clothe, shelter, and provide prayer matts and medical attention to the worst dregs of humanity for the rest of their lives.

Maybe he's onto something. Are your delicate sensibilities offended that our commander in chief prefers killing terrorists where they stand instead of flying them to our backyard and running a hostel for them?

kirgi08
05-01-2012, 12:47

He reaped the rewards of what Bush started,for political gain only.If he wasn't struggling in polls he'd not done it.Also,if he'd been in office on 9/11,I doubt much serious effort would have been directed at OBL,Muslims stick ta gether.

Stolen Valor..... by the impostor .....

Yep,an effort ta prop himself up as "ANTI" terror AK.

It's a tabloid.

That's kinda funny,a "tabloid",has a former POTUS candidate in court on "fraud",don't kill the messenger because of the color of his clothes.:upeyes:

After all the fawning over Obama's magnificent display of bravery (for which he will undoubtedly receive several more Nobel prizes and medals) one still must ask: Did Obama actually solve all of our international problems by nodding his imperial head or didn't he?

Some doubt he did.. http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/gaffney050112.php3?printer_friendly

Ya reckon.'08.

Dexters
05-01-2012, 13:40
You should probably ask Clinton and the MSM as these were their words.

Well, we know why Clinton didn't take down Osama when he had the chance - his political advisers said not to do it because it would look like he was trying to distract people from the Monica affair.

Foxtrotx1
05-01-2012, 13:45

Can we get a non politically motivated news source for it? I see that all the websites running it are right wing in nature. "the right perspective"?? that sounds neutral. :rofl::rofl:
At least post it from CNN and Then Fox so we can arrive somewhere in the middle.

Cavalry Doc
05-01-2012, 14:22
So let's see... We close one avenue of intelligence gathering, (one notoriously unreliable avenue, no less) out of hundreds, and in return, we get to not feed, clothe, shelter, and provide prayer matts and medical attention to the worst dregs of humanity for the rest of their lives.

Maybe he's onto something. Are your delicate sensibilities offended that our commander in chief prefers killing terrorists where they stand instead of flying them to our backyard and running a hostel for them?

Unreliable? Trust me, you can learn a lot from prisoners. But I'm ok with killing them too. There should be a mix there.

series1811
05-01-2012, 14:23

The only President who was given the option to do something like this with OBL, who said no, was Clinton.

series1811
05-01-2012, 14:26
So let's see... We close one avenue of intelligence gathering, (one notoriously unreliable avenue, no less) out of hundreds, and in return, we get to not feed, clothe, shelter, and provide prayer matts and medical attention to the worst dregs of humanity for the rest of their lives.

Obviously, you are not in any kind of intelligence related work. How do you think we found out where Bin Laden was, the Psychic Hotline?

series1811
05-01-2012, 14:27
If you're not 100% sure it's the green river killer, and the apartment manager is somewhat unpredictable, has nukes, and is very protective of his building, a certain amount of bravery is required on the Mayor's part, because the fallout from something going wrong, and provoking a bad reaction from the heavily armed unpredictable apartment manager, will fall squarely on the Mayor.

You would make a good politician. Personal danger = possible career damage. No difference in your mind, I guess.

kirgi08
05-01-2012, 14:31
He reaped the rewards of what Bush started,for political gain only.If he wasn't struggling in polls he'd not done it.Also,if he'd been in office on 9/11,I doubt much serious effort would have been directed at OBL,Muslims stick ta gether.

Yep,an effort ta prop himself up as "ANTI" terror AK.

That's kinda funny,a "tabloid",has a former POTUS candidate in court on "fraud",don't kill the messenger because of the color of his clothes.:upeyes:

Ya reckon.'08.

Can we get a non politically motivated news source for it? I see that all the websites running it are right wing in nature. "the right perspective"?? that sounds neutral. :rofl::rofl:
At least post it from CNN and Then Fox so we can arrive somewhere in the middle.

:animlol:

ChuteTheMall
05-01-2012, 14:33
Unreliable? Trust me, you can learn a lot from prisoners. But I'm ok with killing them too. There should be a mix there.

A good mix might be to kill the ones who refuse to talk.:cool:

redbaron007
05-01-2012, 14:55
A good mix might be to kill the ones who refuse to talk.:cool:

+1

A new motivational pamplet for those who refuse! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

snerd
05-01-2012, 16:12
I don't know what you want. That was a simple Google search on the terms seals+slam+obama. Perhaps your complaint should be with their results?

Okay, here's another simple Google search with the words seals+obama

https://www.google.com/search?q=seals+obama

Maybe these results are more what you want? I see Fox and CBS in the results.

callihan_44
05-01-2012, 20:47
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137636-12D85064000005DC-985_468x322.jpg

ChuteTheMall
05-01-2012, 21:10
rumor has it obama was pulled off the golf course for this

Note the buttoned up golf shirt, partially obscured by a borrowed blazer. :upeyes:

Nobody else in the room dressed like that, but some obviously were advised to remove neckties so the Hussein-Obama kid might feel less uncomfortable among the grownups.

ChuteTheMall
05-01-2012, 21:15
http://i46.tinypic.com/io10ki.jpg

Flying-Dutchman
05-01-2012, 23:48
The British Daily Mail covers US stories our own media is afraid to cover hence Drudge linking them.

Definitely some tabloid type stuff too to keep readership up but they are braver than our news media.

Foxtrotx1
05-01-2012, 23:57
I don't know what you want. That was a simple Google search on the terms seals+slam+obama. Perhaps your complaint should be with their results?

Okay, here's another simple Google search with the words seals+obama

https://www.google.com/search?q=seals+obama

Maybe these results are more what you want? I see Fox and CBS in the results.

That didn't come up the first time. You are right.

redbaron007
05-02-2012, 08:55

:rofl::animlol::rofl::animlol:

:wavey:

red

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 09:47
Don't knock the UK Daily Mail.

Remember it was a nobody called Matt Drudge that broke the Lewinsky story and the Enquirer that broke the news on John Edwards. Andrew Breitbart also helped bring the stories of ACORN to light with a barely known news company.

These smaller sources are starting to do the work that the Obama boot-licking media just won't cover.

You also would probably not know about Operation Fast & Furious if it was not for smaller news organizations.

- brickboy240

snerd
05-02-2012, 10:27
Don't knock the UK Daily Mail.

Remember it was a nobody called Matt Drudge that broke the Lewinsky story and the Enquirer that broke the news on John Edwards. Andrew Breitbart also helped bring the stories of ACORN to light with a barely known news company.

These smaller sources are starting to do the work that the Obama boot-licking media just won't cover.

You also would probably not know about Operation Fast & Furious if it was not for smaller news organizations.

- brickboy240
The easiest tactic in the progressive's playbook. If they can get half the lemmings not to visit a site simply by calling it a "tabloid", how easy is it for them to fool the other half? Goebbels would be proud.

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 10:54
They're doing the job that the mainstream media USED to do.

- brickboy240

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 13:48

That just has to be one of the most WA funniest things I've seen in weeks! :rofl:

JFrame
05-02-2012, 14:04
Wait -- there were NAVY SEALS involved in the killing of Bin Laden??? :dunno:

:whistling:

I thought Mitt Romney had the perfect punch line when Obama's re-election campaign questioned whether he would have made the decision to kill Bin Laden: "Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order." :rofl:

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 14:12
Got terrorists in your attic? Who ya gonna call?

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

Oh, YEAH!

:rofl:

whoflungdo
05-02-2012, 14:25
Wait -- there were NAVY SEALS involved in the killing of Bin Laden??? :dunno:

:whistling:

I thought Mitt Romney had the perfect punch line when Obama's re-election campaign questioned whether he would have made the decision to kill Bin Laden: "Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order." :rofl:

:wavey: I agree... I'm no Romney fan.. but I was like Oh Yeah!! that was awesome..

JFrame
05-02-2012, 14:31
:wavey: I agree... I'm no Romney fan.. but I was like Oh Yeah!! that was awesome..

:cheers:

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 14:39
This is ALL he has to run on.

Well...that and hatred for rich people and corporations....but you cannot run a campaign on pure hate...can you?

- brickboy240

concretefuzzynuts
05-02-2012, 17:30
To understand why Obama deserves credit, you need to see what really went down in the situation room.

http://www.pollardfamily.net/fun/teambinladen.jpg

More like:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/KxuGl.jpg

stevelyn
05-02-2012, 20:17
Mebbe the SEALs or their associations will organize under the radar and give Obozo the swiftboat treatment.

Flintlocker
05-02-2012, 22:27
Just imagine how you'd feel if Obama jumped in to a flight suit, landed on an aircraft carrier and put up a huge banner that read "Mission Accomplished". *RAGE*

G29Reload
05-02-2012, 23:05

Not really.

More like multiple choice. I'd a made it. Not seeing any rocket science here.

JFrame
05-03-2012, 05:17
Just imagine how you'd feel if Obama jumped in to a flight suit, landed on an aircraft carrier and put up a huge banner that read "Mission Accomplished". *RAGE*

...Inconceivable! That would imply that Obama had spent time in military service and learned how to pilot a jet fighter, instead of spending those same relative years as a radical leftist community organizer!

BuckyP
05-03-2012, 05:29
...Inconceivable! That would imply that Obama had spent time in military service and learned how to pilot a jet fighter, instead of spending those same relative years as a radical leftist community organizer!

:thumbsup:

http://www.muralsforkids.com/product_images/e/159/grndslamshdw__21429_zoom.jpg

series1811
05-03-2012, 05:35
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon

Not really.

More like multiple choice. I'd a made it. Not seeing any rocket science here.

Most likely more influenced by the fear of what voters would do if he refused to approve the mission, and word leaked out (the same as when it leaked out that Clinton had vetoed two proposals to kill him before 9-11).

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 06:02

Uh, you might want to check some things out. Just one of them was that the banner was not made by the white house, it was made by the sailors on that ship. Number two, the difference between a mission and a campaign. The Mission to invade Iraq and topple Saddam was accomplished by that time. The Iraqi Campaign was just beginning. I'd have no problems if Barry put on an AFL-CIO or ACORN Hoody and ran around doing community organizing stuff, those are his professional roots. GWB happened to be a military pilot.

The mission accomplished "scandal" was 100% spin. And the libs lapped it up and got genuinely upset about the whole thing, due to their own ignorance. I'm guessing you were a little peeved about it, weren't you. :whistling:

series1811
05-03-2012, 06:06

See how a little lack of knowledge makes a post that goes over like a rocket at Democratic Underground, but kind of falls flat at places with a little more informed readership?

Flintlocker
05-03-2012, 07:14
Uh, you might want to check some things out. Just one of them was that the banner was not made by the white house, it was made by the sailors on that ship. Number two, the difference between a mission and a campaign. The Mission to invade Iraq and topple Saddam was accomplished by that time. The Iraqi Campaign was just beginning. I'd have no problems if Barry put on an AFL-CIO or ACORN Hoody and ran around doing community organizing stuff, those are his professional roots. GWB happened to be a military pilot.

The mission accomplished "scandal" was 100% spin. And the libs lapped it up and got genuinely upset about the whole thing, due to their own ignorance. I'm guessing you were a little peeved about it, weren't you. :whistling:

What a mighty feat of hypocrisy it is to misstate the facts (the Bush WH produced and provided the banner: http://articles.cnn.com/2003-10-28/politics/mission.accomplished_1_aircraft-carrier-conrad-chun-banner?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS) and then dwell at length defending Bush's strutting around on an aircraft carrier in a thread that's gone on for 4 pages denouncing Obama for saying a few words about Bin Laden. You people are neck deep in stupid.

Flintlocker
05-03-2012, 07:18
See how a little lack of knowledge makes a post that goes over like a rocket at Democratic Underground, but kind of falls flat at places with a little more informed readership?

Who's lack of knowledge? Yours is pronounced and profound. In fact, it's probably already time for your nap.

scccdoc
05-03-2012, 07:25
Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/Osama-bin-Laden-death-SEALs-slam-Obama-using-ammunition-bid-credit.html#ixzz1toRSxTzi

What was so "gutsy" ? We were there to kill him , period................ the seals were the ones with the "guts" !

DOC44
05-03-2012, 07:29
:popcorn:

Doc44

syntaxerrorsix
05-03-2012, 08:15
What a mighty feat of hypocrisy it is to misstate the facts (the Bush WH produced and provided the banner: http://articles.cnn.com/2003-10-28/politics/mission.accomplished_1_aircraft-carrier-conrad-chun-banner?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS) and then dwell at length defending Bush's strutting around on an aircraft carrier in a thread that's gone on for 4 pages denouncing Obama for saying a few words about Bin Laden. You people are neck deep in stupid.

The problem was using it in a campaign commercial.

Neck deep in stupid would be to assume you were being intellectually honest with your little display of false outrage.

It was the Navy's idea to display the banner. The WH made it as per your link.

It was not GW trying to politicize the event as a campaign strategy in an attack add on his opponent.

Try be honest about it even if you really don't see the difference.

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 09:07

Cmdr. Conrad Chun, a Navy spokesman, defended the president's assertion.
"The banner was a Navy idea, the ship's idea," Chun said.

Seems pretty clear to me. Oh, and there is no need to be a jerk about it. Try to remain in control of your emotions. It's a sign of maturity.

Cavalry Doc
05-03-2012, 09:11
Who's lack of knowledge? Yours is pronounced and profound. In fact, it's probably already time for your nap.

We almost missed you 1200. :wavey:

Are you a guy this time?

syntaxerrorsix
05-03-2012, 09:19
We almost missed you 1200. :wavey:

Are you a guy this time?

Trans-gender neutral.

http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Jay/trans-bathroom.jpg

Skyhook
05-03-2012, 09:21
The problem was using it in a campaign commercial.

Neck deep in stupid would be to assume you were being intellectually honest with your little display of false outrage.

It was the Navy's idea to display the banner. The WH made it as per your link.

It was not GW trying to politicize the event as a campaign strategy in an attack add on his opponent.

Try be honest about it even if you really don't see the difference.

Dealing with the willfully ignorant is a heavy burden we of the right share.:faint:

'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' , I believe, referred to the ship's company being homeward bound after their mission was accomplished. http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1030-06.htm

"At a news conference Tuesday, Bush remarked that the "Mission Accomplished" sign "of course, was put up by the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln, saying that their mission was accomplished. I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from my staff -- they weren't that ingenious, by the way."

(One thing that is ominously clear is the ration of anti-Bush MSM comments to those pro-Bush. Roughly exactly the obverse of Obama comments from those boot lickers.)

ChuteTheMall
05-04-2012, 08:38
http://i50.tinypic.com/f8j8k.jpg

ricklee4570
05-04-2012, 08:50
I read this on the internet recently:

> Let's be clear on this: OBAMA did NOT kill Bin Laden. An American sailor, who Obama, just a few weeks before, was debating on whether or not to PAY, did! In fact, if you remember a little less than two years ago, his administration actually charged and attempted to court-martial three Navy Seals from Seal Team Six, when a terrorist suspect they captured, complained they had punched him during the take-down and bloodied
> his nose. Obama's administration further commented how brutal they were. The left were calling them Nazi's and Baby Killers. Now all of a sudden, the very brave men they vilified are now heroes when they make his administration look good in the eyes of the public. Obama just happened to be the one in office when the CIA finally found the <guy> And our sailors took him out. Essentially, Obama only gave an answer, Yes or No, to him being taken out. This is NOT an Obama victory, but an AMERICAN victory!!
>
>
> Ed Schreiber
> Col. US MC (Ret.)
> "Semper Fi"
>
> OBAMA'S OWN WORDS TRAP HIM:
>
> 2008: "Navy Seal Team 6 is Cheney's private assassination team."
> 2011: "I put together Seal Team 6 to take out Bin Laden."
>
>
> 2008: "Bin Laden is innocent until proven guilty, and must becaptured alive and given a fair trial."
>
> 2011: "I authorized Seal Team 6 to kill Bin Laden."
>
> 2008: " Guantanamo is entirely unnecessary, and the detainees should not be interrogated."
> 2011: "Vital intelligence was obtained from Guantanamo detainees that led to our locating Bin Laden."

ChuteTheMall
05-07-2012, 07:32
http://i50.tinypic.com/zx5x83.jpg

ChuteTheMall
05-07-2012, 07:34
http://i46.tinypic.com/28le4g2.jpg

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 07:57
http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/obama-seal.jpg
http://www.richgibson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Obama-the-warrior.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tpkvLmsJ6jw/TeaFPXtLJNI/AAAAAAAAE_4/9dpZOII-_xw/s400/general-patton-warmonger-afghanistan-war-commander-chief.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/Abbthom1/OBAMA_WARRIOR.jpg
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af209/ma_shooter/ObamaRockwell.jpg

ChuteTheMall
05-07-2012, 08:00
http://i47.tinypic.com/24629hi.jpg

"Being that this is a .38 special, the most powerful handgun a skinny little kid like me can handle, ya gotta ask yourself a question."

"Do ya feel lucky, punk?"

stsai465
05-07-2012, 08:02
Hey, I can do this too...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=438&pictureid=4719

concretefuzzynuts
05-07-2012, 08:18
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/ObamaMussoliniGM.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/obamagununclesam.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/ObamaImwithStupid.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/boarnold.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/31290515-funny-barack.jpg