Make Or Break For Ohio This Fall [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Make Or Break For Ohio This Fall

Zut
05-01-2012, 05:47
I had hoped that Ohio was turning the corner and on the road to financial recovery:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303978104577364333989830926.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

But now I'm not so sure...

Brucev
05-01-2012, 08:37
Why should this be a problem? Why should public employees be muzzled. No such muzzle is clamped onto the corporations that own and operate the legislators who write the laws to benefit their owner/operators.

If corporations are to be "persons" then the exact same standing and rights withheld from public employees who choose to form unions that under that same law are also defined as "persons." Or, perhaps a better solution is to lay aside the silly pretense that a corporation is in any way a person. If it is problematic for unlimited money from corporations to be injected into political campaigns, or even financial negotiations pertaining to a state budget, then treat it the exact same... whether sourced from a right-wing corporation or a left-wing union.

HarleyGuy
05-01-2012, 09:00
Regardless of who is elected as our next President in November, many things will have to change in the future.

Making promises that cannot possibly be maintained is irresponsible and there is no "Obama stash" that will suddenly appear and eliminate our problems.

Our government (which we elected) has been digging this financial hole that we're now in for the last 50 or so years so it would be foolish for anyone to make such promises and even more foolish for the voters to believe them.

I'm not excite about voting for Romney but I know for a variety of reasons that we cannot afford another Obama Administration.

Brucev
05-01-2012, 09:57
"I'm not excite about voting for Romney but I know for a variety of reasons that we cannot afford another Obama Administration."

Agree.