Ron Paul and Paul Krugman Faceoff in Bloomberg Debate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Paul Krugman Faceoff in Bloomberg Debate

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:02
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/free-markets-vs-govt-intervention-ron-paul-and-paul-krugman-faceoff-in-bloomberg-debate/

concretefuzzynuts
05-01-2012, 16:05
Paul Kruggman= ferret face.

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 16:13
Ron Paul = Loser

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:20
Ron Paul = Loser

Did you watch the video JB?

chickenwing
05-01-2012, 16:22
Thanks for posting.

chickenwing
05-01-2012, 16:23

Doubtful.

RCP
05-01-2012, 16:27

They never do unless Fox, Hannity, or Levin tell them they should.:upeyes:

lancesorbenson
05-01-2012, 16:42

I submit that JB would have absolutely no idea what either man was talking about even if he did watch it.

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 16:43

I watched about half of it.
That's enough to know that Ron Paul is wrong.

I think Ron Paul should stick to delivering babies and let the economists handle the economy.

lancesorbenson
05-01-2012, 16:46

I think Ron Paul should stick to delivering babies and let the economists handle the economy.

So you agree with hardcore leftist Paul Krugman. Why am I not surprised?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:50

You should have watched the whole video and then you would have known not to post this foolishness.

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 16:51

Why is everyone who disagrees with Ron Paul called a leftist,
a constitution hater and a traitor?

If Ron Paul has all the correct answers, then why isn't anyone
listening to him?

I don't see anyone defending Ron Paul and his ideas anywhere.
Except his fanatic supporters, and then their motives are suspect,
to say the least.

RCP
05-01-2012, 16:52
They never cease to amaze, all you have to do is include Ron Paul in the title and automatically it's a "waste of bandwidth", a stupid thread, or in this case the hardcore liberal is right. Wonder what the reply would have been had **it Romney been debating.:whistling:

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:53

But he's a flag waving conservative.
:winkie:

RCP
05-01-2012, 16:56

listening to him?

to say the least.

No one is listening to him because the GOP and mainstream media has programmed the sheep to automatically discount anything and everything the guy says as being "crazy".

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:59
No one is listening to him because the GOP and mainstream media has programmed the sheep to automatically discount anything and everything the guy says as being "crazy".

I think some people got a double dose of that programing, if you know what I mean.

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 16:59

I wish I could believe that.

I started out as a Ron Paul supporter, but it was Ron Paul himself and his condescending supporters that turned me against him, not the news media or the GOP.

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 17:01
I wish I could believe that.

I started out as a Ron Paul supporter, but it was Ron Paul himself and his condescending supporters that turned me against him, not the news media or the GOP.

:rofl:

Sure JB, Sure.

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 17:06

Sure JB, Sure.

You see, I'm just like Ron Paul's economy without the controls of the Federal Reserve.

I'm prone to wild swings from one extreme to the other.

First I like Ron Paul and then I don't, then I do and then I don't.

Get rid of the Federal Reserve and that's what our economy will do.

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 17:11
You see, I'm just like Ron Paul's economy without the controls of the Federal Reserve.

If you had watched the video then you would know that he isn't planning on ending the FED.

lancesorbenson
05-01-2012, 19:05

listening to him?

to say the least.

Paul Krugman is a radical left-wing advocate of central economic planning by the state. You agree with Krugman. By simple inference you are a radical leftist when it comes to economics.

It's sort of like how your view of the Constitution is shared by liberals like Ruth Bader Ginsburg except, unlike you, she probably read it before rejecting it.

chickenwing
05-01-2012, 19:12
Paul Krugman is a radical left-wing advocate of central economic planning by the state. You agree with Krugman. By simple inference you are a radical leftist when it comes to economics.

It's sort of like how your view of the Constitution is shared by liberals like Ruth Bader Ginsburg except, unlike you, she probably read it before rejecting it.

:rofl: Well said.

At least JB admits he didn't watch the whole video, before calling Ron a loser in a debate he didn't watch.

JB do you even know the difference between Keynesian and Austrian economics?

Stubudd
05-01-2012, 19:47
I submit that JB would have absolutely no idea what either man was talking about even if he did watch it.

That much is certain.

:rofl: Well said.

At least JB admits he didn't watch the whole video, before calling Ron a loser in a debate he didn't watch.

JB do you even know the difference between Keynesian and Austrian economics?

He doesn't know the difference between baseball and economics, and he doesn't want to. "Leave it to the economists". I've never seen anybody in my entire life talk so much and know so little, and not even have the slightest desire to know anything about anything, as whoever this JB from texas guy is.

maxsnafu
05-02-2012, 05:14

Good idea. After all, look how well the economists have done so far.

Ruble Noon
05-02-2012, 05:40

As opposed to the boom and bust cycles caused by economic bubbles that we have now?

hamster
05-02-2012, 05:44

Very fitting you chose May 1st to declare your contempt for the concept of free markets comrade.

Ruble Noon
05-02-2012, 05:47
Very fitting you chose May 1st to declare your contempt for the concept of free markets comrade.

:supergrin:

eracer
05-02-2012, 05:51
Very fitting you chose May 1st to declare your contempt for the concept of free markets comrade.Hmmm.... I'm going to have to go back and review all of his May 1st postings over the years. The contempt you mention is not new.

sbhaven
05-02-2012, 06:59
Since Paul Krugman is mentioned, I think I'll just leave this here (http://community.nytimes.com/comments/krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/23/europes-gap/?permid=20#comment20)...
20. latrina louisiana July 23rd, 2010 8:08 pm
Who is this guy Sean from Florida? He takes everything that Professor and shreds it, piece by piece. He shouldn't be allowed to post his comments on this blog since he seems to be winning all the debates. We progressives need to stick together and embellish our talking points without someone from the outside pointing out fallacies in our ideology.
Anyone who goes to Krugman for anything is looking for validation of their left leaning economic views. He's a joke who the left, and the NY Times, uses when trying to give credibility to the left's failed economic theories and policies.

The American Thinker has run several articles over the years on Krugman
Paul Krugman Gives Up (http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/paul_krugman_gives_up_1.html)
Paul Krugman's History Problem (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/paul_krugmans_history_problem.html)
Paul Krugman Proves He Doesn't Understand Scarcity (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/paul_krugman_proves_he_doesnt_understand_scarcity_1.html)
Paul Krugman, the Self-Contradicting Economist (http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/paul_krugman_the_selfcontradic.html)
Paul Krugman: The Lesser of Two Evils? (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/paul_krugman_the_lesser_of_two_evils.html)
Paul Krugman Is a Liar: Does the New York Times Care? (http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/paul_krugman_is_a_liar_does_th.html)

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 10:14
Would have been a better debate if it was Peter Schiff debating Paul Krugman.

- brickboy240

lancesorbenson
05-02-2012, 10:29

- brickboy240

Schiff would have destroyed Krugman. JB's head would explode having his left-wing economic beliefs shredded by Schiff. RP is too nice and doesn't have the rap Peter Schiff has.

G19G20
05-02-2012, 13:49

- brickboy240

As much as I like Peter, and I met him at the Paul rally after the Greenville SC debate, his on-air debates usually devolve into two guys just yelling over each other. He's usually right on his views but he's not a very good debater.

Glocksanity
05-03-2012, 16:37
Some people are just afraid of true freedom. They think they want it, but when confronted with it, they make all sorts of excuses for not voting for it.

That is the RP paradox. People are afraid of freedom. Afraid of responsibility. Afraid of what might happen when they are set free. They are afraid of others having freedom.

Oh my gosh...what would happen to the economy if the Fed was abolished?
Oh my gosh...what would happen to the US if all our troops were brought home and our foreign bases closed and we protected our country from our own borders?
Oh my gosh...what would happen if we didn't jail people for smoking pot?
Oh my gosh...what would happen if we let the big banks fail for making bad bets?

Bunch of scared little girls. So go vote for your Santorums and Romneys and Obamas and Gingrich's and other main stream party candidates. Keep watching your Hannnity's and Limbaughs and FOX and MSNBC and CNN and ABC, NBC, and CBS while this country is turned into a TSA/NSA/CIA/FBI playground of corporate/government fascist tyranny.

barbedwiresmile
05-03-2012, 19:52
Some people are just afraid of true freedom.

I would suggest "most".

RetDet
05-06-2012, 22:33
Ah, the great Anti-Paul Conspiracy. I like that one. It couldn't be because Paul is an absolute airhead who just can't cut it. He's nowhere close to being presidential material. He's just plain incompetent. But his squeaky little old man voice does provide comic relief.