Rove's First Election Map: Obama Electoral Landslide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rove's First Election Map: Obama Electoral Landslide

evlbruce
05-01-2012, 16:46
Former Bushie turned Romney cheerleader Karl Rove unveiled his electoral map and the results should shock:
220 Obama
93 Romney
82 Toss-Up
64 Leaning Obama
79 Leaning Romney
Link w/ Map ('http://www.theblaze.com/stories/karl-roves-electoral-map-if-election-were-held-today-obama-would-win/')

wjv
05-01-2012, 16:55
I really wish that it wasn't "winner take all" regarding electoral votes. I think a few states have proportioned distributions of electoral votes.

Over all though I guess the system we have works and continues to work. . Now if we could just get a lot of the fraud out of voting. . . .

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 16:56
Former Bushie turned Romney cheerleader Karl Rove unveiled his electoral map and the results should shock:220 Obama
93 Romney
82 Toss-Up
64 Leaning Obama
79 Leaning RomneyLink w/ Map (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/karl-roves-electoral-map-if-election-were-held-today-obama-would-win/)

Just more proof that the Republican party is a failing brand.

Jonesee
05-01-2012, 17:14
If we can't unite our own party, what are the odds we can unite the nation?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 17:20

Not real sure I want to unite with a bunch of commies, marxists and fascists.

"Foreward"

G29Reload
05-01-2012, 17:23
http://news.yahoo.com/why-2012-predictions-are-rubbish--fear-the-black-swan-.html

Way to early for Rove to be talking trash.

Jonesee
05-01-2012, 17:24
Not real sure I want to unite with a bunch of commies, marxists and fascists.

"Foreward"

That says it all. If there is not enough room in the party for all republicans, what are the odds the party can garner enough independent votes to win?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 17:27
That says it all. If there is not enough room in the party for all republicans, what are the odds the party can garner enough independent votes to win?

I don't think they can if they keep running lame candidates like Dole, McCain and Romney.

Jonesee
05-01-2012, 17:33
I don't think they can if they keep running lame candidates like Dole, McCain and Romney.

So you believe a more conservative candidate will be more appealing to the independent and centrist voters necessary to win the election?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand your strategy to win.

Bruce H
05-01-2012, 17:41
That fat RINO SOB should know.

Silver_Bullet_00
05-01-2012, 17:42

Exactly, these candidates are not conservative enough! All of them are Progressive Liberal Republicans. We need Conservative Republicans. Even a Conservative Libertarian!!! Trust me, the future of the republican party might be shifting, as Ron Paul might not have won any beauty contests, but they are getting their people in the party and the state level, as delegates. Ron Pauls efforts is changing the Republican Platform, laying the groundwork for another future Libertarian!

frank4570
05-01-2012, 18:22
Well, Obama gave us concealed carry in national parks. Romney put a permanent assault weapons ban in his state and promised to sign a federal one. So, there you go.

DonGlock26
05-01-2012, 18:31
Yeah, and Bush wasn't supposed to be reelected........

_

series1811
05-01-2012, 18:37
I've got a 30 year old step daughter who wouldn't get a job if you put a gun to her head. She has three kids, two by a convicted felon who has never had a job, and another by a drug addict. She has signed up for every free bit of money Obama sends out. She gets $500 a month in free grocery money, a free phone, free medical care, and is now looking at getting a free place to live.

She could work, but she just doesn't want to. She has it too good now. She thinks Obama is the greatest thing since canned beer. Her one fear in life is that he won't get re-elected.

Their numbers are growing, and once they are a strong majority, we are doomed.

Brucev
05-01-2012, 18:38
Simple reason. Focus on the wrong issues. It's still the economy stupid. But... climb into bed with the 1% giving them tax breaks, etc., do stupid things like getting on the wrong side of hot button issues like birth control, hold hands with tea party twits, and you get the predictable consequences. Stupidly clinging to extreme right-wing true believer mythology is the final nail. Reality is the squatter was always going to be hard to beat because republican extremist were all determined to cut each others throats in a fight for the Republican nomination. They made it easy for the enemy.

frank4570
05-01-2012, 18:41

Yes, you are correct. Once they have enough people, they will vote for more free stuff and any politician who wants a job will have to give it to them.
I suppose they will just print more money(literally) to come up with the money.

JK-linux
05-01-2012, 19:03

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 19:37
So you believe a more conservative candidate will be more appealing to the independent and centrist voters necessary to win the election?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand your strategy to win.

I forget the numbers but the people that consider themselves as conservative is quite a bit larger than the number of people that consider themselves liberal.

ETA
Conservatives are single largest ideological group.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

DonGlock26
05-01-2012, 19:43
I've got a 30 year old step daughter who wouldn't get a job if you put a gun to her head. She has three kids, two by a convicted felon who has never had a job, and another by a drug addict. She has signed up for every free bit of money Obama sends out. She gets $500 a month in free grocery money, a free phone, free medical care, and is now looking at getting a free place to live.

She could work, but she just doesn't want to. She has it too good now. She thinks Obama is the greatest thing since canned beer. Her one fear in life is that he won't get re-elected.

True. I police a city full of losers like that.

_

Jonesee
05-01-2012, 19:46
I forget the numbers but the people that consider themselves as conservative is quite a bit larger than the number of people that consider themselves liberal.

ETA
Conservatives are single largest ideological group.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

I don't think that answers the question.

Are you saying a more conservative candidate has a better chance of gaining the centrist and moderate votes it takes to win the general election?

More conservative candidates couldn't even make it to the primaries within the party.

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 19:54
I don't think that answers the question.

Are you saying a more conservative candidate has a better chance of gaining the centrist and moderate votes it takes to win the general election?

More conservative candidates couldn't even make it to the primaries within the party.

You are confusing republican with conservative. The most conservative candidate is still in the race.

Jonesee
05-01-2012, 20:07
You are confusing republican with conservative. The most conservative candidate is still in the race.

Good point.

So you believe Ron Paul can win the general election?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 20:18
Good point.

So you believe Ron Paul can win the general election?

If he was the republican nominee, definitely. The problem is getting the statist republicans to vote for him in the primaries.

G19G20
05-01-2012, 20:28

That's precisely what my sig is about.

callihan_44
05-01-2012, 20:35
Simple reason. Focus on the wrong issues. It's still the economy stupid. But... climb into bed with the 1% giving them tax breaks, etc., do stupid things like getting on the wrong side of hot button issues like birth control, hold hands with tea party twits, and you get the predictable consequences. Stupidly clinging to extreme right-wing true believer mythology is the final nail. Reality is the squatter was always going to be hard to beat because republican extremist were all determined to cut each others throats in a fight for the Republican nomination. They made it easy for the enemy.

good grief you sound like a democrat, try to win without the conservatives....

Silver_Bullet_00
05-01-2012, 22:33

To be fair, these benefits where in place before Obama. He just encourages it more, and his economic polices have put more people on it who don't want to get off it. The big tax returns that I hear African American Citizens brag about as "Obama Money", where in place with George Bush, and are actually derived from Bush. So Bush was better to them, but they didn't brag about the white president giving handouts.

Flying-Dutchman
05-01-2012, 23:16
It is truly scary Obama is doing this well despite his disastrous record.

I cannot picture what a 2nd term would look like.

CAcop
05-01-2012, 23:40
The big problem I have with Rove's map is TX is "lean Romney."

Either TX isn't as conservative as some would make it seem here or Rove is up to something.

G19G20
05-02-2012, 00:23
It is truly scary Obama is doing this well despite his disastrous record.

I cannot picture what a 2nd term would look like.

He's campaigning on the fact that the economy hasn't completely crashed and those on the public dole are still getting their checks. He's been campaigning since the day he took the oath so it's no surprise he's polling reasonably well, all things considered. Plus the GOP likes putting up liberals to run against a liberal....

series1811
05-02-2012, 04:25
To be fair, these benefits where in place before Obama. He just encourages it more, and his economic polices have put more people on it who don't want to get off it. The big tax returns that I hear African American Citizens brag about as "Obama Money", where in place with George Bush, and are actually derived from Bush. So Bush was better to them, but they didn't brag about the white president giving handouts.

I guess I had a different upbringing, but exposure to her has sure opened my eyes about the entitlement mentality. She really thinks everyone who works owes her something. She didn't have any of this free stuff until a couple of years ago. So maybe it's just the marketing of it under Obama, or maybe just the general acceptance of it as an alternative way to support yourself, viewed by more and more people (including a President) as just as legitimate as working.

eracer
05-02-2012, 05:18
If he was the republican nominee, definitely. The problem is getting the statist republicans to vote for him in the primaries.Good, simple, truth.

Refreshing.

Now, if only populist support mattered.

walt cowan
05-02-2012, 06:14

thats the plan the club has put in place. just look who was at the last white house dinner. there you'll see first hand, who the members are. the only way to beat the culb, is not to play their game. stop being a willing victim to the right-left game.

Brucev
05-02-2012, 06:16
good grief you sound like a democrat, try to win without the conservatives....

Like it or not, those are the facts. The only reason conservatives have any place in the republican party is the simple reason that the they have no where else to go and the republicans are not capable of winning a national election without them. It is about the same as the blue dogs in the demokrat party.

As with McCain, the conservatives have done a bang up job of petty factionalizing. They have made it easier for the squatter to continue to occupy washington along with his fellow domestic terrorists. Crying and screaming about how no one gives conservatives the time of day is pointless. No one gives conservatives the time of day because they don't know what they are doing. They screw around skirmishing. They loose the battles. Forget about them winning the war.

mj9mm
05-02-2012, 07:15
conservatives, new converts and those raised that way have been getting more motivated in the last two years, they will make a differance this fall. you would be suprised at the number of people who haven't bothered to vote in the past. rallies and tea parties are bringing in new people who are excited to make a differance this fall. this fall will tell

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 07:15
:popcorn: Still lots of time left for surprises before November. I have a lot of skepticism for fortune tellers. Stuff happens, things change. The most interesting thing about these contests, is that until the votes are counted (sometimes a few times) no one really knows how it's going to end.

I'm thinking it will be mostly settled by 23Jan13.

wjv
05-02-2012, 09:58
Well, Obama gave us concealed carry in national parks. Romney put a permanent assault weapons ban in his state and promised to sign a federal one. So, there you go.

They ALREADY HAD a AW BAN in the State. Romney just signed a new version that cleaned up the language. . .

wjv
05-02-2012, 09:59
No one gives conservatives the time of day because they don't know what they are doing. They screw around skirmishing. They loose the battles. Forget about them winning the war.

Yup! +100

Brucev
05-02-2012, 10:34
:popcorn: Still lots of time left for surprises before November. I have a lot of skepticism for fortune tellers. Stuff happens, things change. The most interesting thing about these contests, is that until the votes are counted (sometimes a few times) no one really knows how it's going to end.

I'm thinking it will be mostly settled by 23Jan13.

I sincerely hope and pray that your estimate is correct. At this point I would be fine with the sc calling the election for Romney in a situation the same as what occurred in Florida. I am concerned that the demokrats will act as ruthlessly as is their norm to get their manchurian candidate and his regime returned to washington for another four year occupation by those who together constitute a clear and present danger to the United States of America.

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 10:44
I sincerely hope and pray that your estimate is correct. At this point I would be fine with the sc calling the election for Romney in a situation the same as what occurred in Florida. I am concerned that the demokrats will act as ruthlessly as is their norm to get their manchurian candidate and his regime returned to washington for another four year occupation by those who together constitute a clear and present danger to the United States of America.

I've seen that same concern since I started here. No tyrants yet. If they lose this time, they'll get another turn later.

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 10:51
Karl Rove and the checked pants country clubber GOP bunch is to blame for the left's ascension into power. Into a place they never should have gotten close to being in at all.

- brickboy240