Obama Gives Speech to no one in Afghanistan [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gives Speech to no one in Afghanistan

DonGlock26
05-01-2012, 18:23
Obama Gives Speech to no one in Afghanistan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/DonGlock26/afghanistanspeech.jpg

View of the president's speech for the press pool with him at Bagram Air Field.

He's speaking to voters at home, not us http://pic.twitter.com/7Z4aZknO

_

This president is a joke. He flew all the way to Afghanistan to give a speech to a TV camera?

Who is going to vote for this loser in 2012?

teumessian_fox
05-01-2012, 18:28
This president is a joke. He flew all the way to Afghanistan to give a speech to a TV camera?

His constituents were busy creating a furor in Norfolk, VA.

G29Reload
05-01-2012, 18:31
During said speech, he admitted we're now negotiating with terrorists.

DonGlock26
05-01-2012, 18:32

Bill Ayers and OWS?

_

teumessian_fox
05-01-2012, 18:52
Bill Ayers and OWS?

_

Jesse Jackson and Al Pimpton.

The Machinist
05-01-2012, 18:57
LOL! Well there's at least one Marine in the photo, but he's probably catching some Z's. :rofl:

JBnTX
05-01-2012, 19:04
If Obama gave a speech and nobody heard it, would it make a noise?

Ruble Noon
05-01-2012, 19:45

Nice. :shakehead:

smokeross
05-01-2012, 22:42

Is he really in Afghanistan? Really? How do we know for sure, if nobody saw him?

Flying-Dutchman
05-01-2012, 23:05
Didnít they have time to disarm the troops before he arrived?

stsai465
05-01-2012, 23:09
I heard on the radio that he was supposed to meet w/ Karzai, but other than that, he was clearly only there to use the troops/setting as a campaign backdrop.

Alternatively, maybe they asked the troops who would be available to meet their CiC and they all decided they had "pressing engagements" elsewhere. :tongueout:

Stubudd
05-02-2012, 00:10

Don, do you seriously believe he "gave a speech to a tv camera" because some person posted a picture of him on tv on twitter?

wjv
05-02-2012, 09:56
Why did he have to fly there? Couldn't he have just walked across the water to get there. . .

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 10:00
So our nation-building boondoggle will go on until 2024?

Tell me how is this guy's foreign policy any different than the guy before him?

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Again...because I am slow....why do we need to spend 10 more years improving Afghanistan? Who is going to pay for all of this?

- brickboy240

whoflungdo
05-02-2012, 10:02
So our nation-building boondoggle will go on until 2024?

Tell me how is this guy's foreign policy any different than the guy before him?

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Again...because I am slow....why do we need to spend 10 more years improving Afghanistan? Who is going to pay for all of this?

- brickboy240

China

janice6
05-02-2012, 10:05
He doesn't care who listens here, so what's new?

Ruggles
05-02-2012, 10:13
He went to sign the new agreement with the Afghan president at his palace (I have to get me one of those one day) and then gave a speech to troops at the air base, then his TV speech and then flew out.

Here he is with troops giving them a speech that morning,

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nq1l.jpg

not sure who was around for his TV speech. There was either live or canned applause from the audience during his TV speech.

He pulled a in after dark out before morning type thing. Even if was for his own reasons I am glad he did get out for the safety of others. The attack that killed a number of innocents occurred 1 mile form where he signed the treaty the morning after doing so. Was the closest suicide bombers have ever gotten to a POTUS. It seems the Afgahn government let slip to the Afghan media that his secret visit was going to occur about 4 hours before he got there so they may have had to change his plans. Who knows.

That position (POTUS) is too big a target for those scumbags to be placing it so close to U.S. troops IMO. In a war zone he needs to get in and get out for he endangers others.

lancesorbenson
05-02-2012, 10:31
China

So our kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc.

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 13:43
Didnít they have time to disarm the troops before he arrived?

ZING!!

:rofl:

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 19:12
He went to sign the new agreement with the Afghan president at his palace (I have to get me one of those one day) and then gave a speech to troops at the air base, then his TV speech and then flew out.

Here he is with troops giving them a speech that morning,

not sure who was around for his TV speech. There was either live or canned applause from the audience during his TV speech.

He pulled a in after dark out before morning type thing. Even if was for his own reasons I am glad he did get out for the safety of others. The attack that killed a number of innocents occurred 1 mile form where he signed the treaty the morning after doing so. Was the closest suicide bombers have ever gotten to a POTUS. It seems the Afgahn government let slip to the Afghan media that his secret visit was going to occur about 4 hours before he got there so they may have had to change his plans. Who knows.

That position (POTUS) is too big a target for those scumbags to be placing it so close to U.S. troops IMO. In a war zone he needs to get in and get out for he endangers others.

Hmm. That either looks like a bunch of FOB monkeys, or a picture of warriors without weapons. Last time I was in a combat zone, you NEVER were without your weapon. Not even in the shower or ****ter.

The Machinist
05-02-2012, 19:24
I just wanted to point out, that if you look at the second white stripe from the left, and go straight down, there is a guy with a huge yawn going on. :supergrin:

Ruggles
05-02-2012, 20:02
Hmm. That either looks like a bunch of FOB monkeys, or a picture of warriors without weapons. Last time I was in a combat zone, you NEVER were without your weapon. Not even in the shower or ****ter.

So either they are not in Afghanistan at all in that pic and it is a fake (looks a lot like the building in the first pic from the OP to me) or it is real. You have to decide which you believe.

If it is real then what ever your opinion is of Obama you should respect those who are is service in a war zone and not disrespect them by calling them names. Not sure what you point was with your post but it comes off as dis respectful of those in service in non combat roles, just how I read it, if I am wrong please correct me. :dunno:

When I served regardless of MOS we were all Marines :wavey:

Ruggles
05-02-2012, 20:03
I just wanted to point out, that if you look at the second white stripe from the left, and go straight down, there is a guy with a huge yawn going on. :supergrin:

No doubt that is one big yawn :rofl:

syntaxerrorsix
05-03-2012, 15:16

Yup, everywhere.

walt cowan
05-03-2012, 19:06
hollywood sound stage?