Germany starting gun registry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Germany starting gun registry

4Rules
05-02-2012, 00:19
The European Union has mandated that all member states must have a computerized data-filing system registering all firearms in place by 2014.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/29/germany-starting-gun-registry
Germany starting gun registry <header class="col650">
<address class="meta vcard author reviewer"> By Kris Sims (http://www.torontosun.com/author/kris-sims) ,Parliamentary Bureau </address> First posted: <time title="Sun Apr 29 2012 22:17:22 GMT-0300 (ADT)" datetime="2012-04-30T01:17:22Z" pubdate="" class="published dtreviewed value-title"> Sunday, April 29, 2012 09:17 PM EDT </time> | Updated: <time title="Mon Apr 30 2012 00:56:38 GMT-0300 (ADT)" datetime="2012-04-30T03:56:38Z" class="updated dtreviewed value-title"> Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:56 PM EDT </time>
</header>
OTTAWA -- Germany is building its own gun registry, complying with a future database rule that will cover the entire European Union.
Germany's international broadcaster, Deutsche Welle, is reporting that the decision in the Bundestag, the lower house of Parliament, was made on the 10th anniversary of a school massacre.
In April 2002, an expelled student killed 16 people before killing himself in the city of Erfurt.
"This brings about a new dimension," German Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich said.
He said, however, that the registry wouldn't necessarily prevent another massacre from taking place.
The two most recent mass shootings took place after one perpetrator bought his weapons with fake papers and the other carried out the killing while wielding an already-registered weapon.
The move has some fire arms advocates in Canada shaking their heads.
"We just got rid of the long-gun registry here, which only targeted and tracked law-abiding people and wasted billions of dollars. With Germany centralizing their registry through one government office, they are going to suffer the same fate," Tony Bernardo, spokesman for the Canadian Shooting Sport Association, said.
"The last time Germany insisted on a central database for their firearms was in 1938 and we know what happened next: the state disarmed the law-abiding populace, because they knew where the guns were, and then rolled right over them."
Under the new law, German police will be allowed to enter people's homes unannounced to see if their legal weapons are properly stored.
There are an estimated 10 million firearms owned in Germany, which has a population of about 82 million.
The European Union has mandated that all member states must have a computerized data-filing system registering all firearms in place by 2014. It is unclear if that includes only marked numbers from the weapons or the names and addresses of the owners.

kris.sims@sunmedia.ca

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/29/germany-starting-gun-registry

Gunnut 45/454
05-02-2012, 10:06
Yep all part of the UN's agenda! History repeating itself!:faint:

Brucev
05-02-2012, 10:28
No surprises from old europe! You can always count on them to get it wrong.

pipedreams
05-02-2012, 10:35
Here we go again...............History repeating itself!

Jerry
05-02-2012, 10:52
Yep all part of the UN's agenda! History repeating itself!:faint:

When I read the title my first thought was, sounds like Hitler all over again. Some people never learn. :upeyes:

Kaonashi
05-02-2012, 10:54
When I read the title my first thought was, sounds like Hitler all over again. Some people never learn. :upeyes:

I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it but I was going to say that Germany and registries can never end well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Jerry
05-02-2012, 11:30
I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it but I was going to say that Germany and registries can never end well.

Ve haff vays of makiong vou comform.

Far too many people have memories that are waaayyyyy toooo short. :upeyes:

But then nothing like that could hapen now a days. :whistling:

IhRedrider
05-02-2012, 14:48
You guts got it all wrong. They are going to use this registry to make it safer and to protect peoples rights. Why I bet once this is in place the criminals will stop stealing gun because they will get caught due to the registration laws. Have we looked into this yet? Maybe our current administration will step up and make things safer, you know, for the children.

Berto
05-02-2012, 14:51
Worked well in Canada, I hear.

PawDog
05-02-2012, 20:13
Guess next the EU will mandate those cute little tattoo things on folks hands and wrists, just for identity purposes of course.........

urban assault
05-02-2012, 20:23
Guess next the EU will mandate those cute little tattoo things on folks hands and wrists, just for identity purposes of course.........

It will probably look something like this, and have a subdermal RFID in the center to distinguish friend from foe...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/71lincolncoupe/RaceUnityAnimation.gif

:alex:

-urban

Horror
05-03-2012, 00:32
:upeyes:

kirgi08
05-03-2012, 04:48
What did someone say about history repeating itself.'08.

Horror
05-03-2012, 10:22
We already have a firearms register as long as I can remember.

But they are all registered at 600 different local authorities with sometimes different systems.

all my firearms are registered and I don't see any problem with that. I don't have anything to hide.

Agonizer
05-03-2012, 10:43
Fockers

Jerry
05-03-2012, 12:04

But they are all registered at 600 different local authorities with sometimes different systems.

all my firearms are registered and I don't see any problem with that. I don't have anything to hide.

:laughabove:

That’s exactly what the Germans though just before WW II. Seems they don’t remember what Hitler did with those records.

Bah bah little sheep. If one purchase a firearm from a non-FFL or sells to another citizen it IS NOT REGISTERED in most states. Seems you don't remember what recently happedn right here in the US. :shakehead: So here’s one fore you a little closer to home and not so very long ago. May I direct your attention to California… 1980s through 2000.

1989, The Roos-Roberti Assault Weapons Act was made law. A deadline was issued for registration of banned weapons. SKS rifles with detachable magazines had to be registered. There was a $200.00 registration fee. When the state decide to CONFISCATE the rifles that had been registyered they said they were buying them back. For how much? $200.00! Didn't I just say it cost $200.00 to register them? Guess that was just a coincidence. Or do you think it was planned all along?

” In November of 1997 former Attorney General Dan Lungren, in a reversal of the position his office had held since 1991, decided that any SKS type rifle with a detachable magazine was illegal per penal code 12276 (Assault Weapons Control Act). Additionally, the AG decided that registration of such rifles would not be accepted by his office. As a result, thousands of SKS owners were put at risk of arrest”

” The Democrat-controlled government of California has recently issued two edicts, one that bans ownership of SKS rifles with detachable magazines and requires their surrender to the state, and one that bans buying, selling, or lending of so-called "assault weapons" and that requires present owners of such arms to register them. The edicts take effect January 1, 2000."

” If you purchased an SKS Sporter between January 1, 1992, and December 19, 1997, you must do one of the following by January 1, 2000:

• Destroy the rifle
• Surrender the rifle to a law enforcement agency
• Sell the rifle to a licensed California "assault weapon" dealer (Remember above they say you cannot sell it. This would make you a criminal.)
• Dispose of the rifle out of state “

Yah, if I were you I wouldn’t worry about my firearms being registered either. It could never happen here. And besides you don't have anything to hide. :upeyes:

Horror
05-03-2012, 12:46
you don't have to worry.

we have around 10mio registred firearms and twice as much unregistred.

So there are enough weapons around the gov. will never know about.

Jerry
05-03-2012, 14:57
you don't have to worry.

we have around 10mio registred firearms and twice as much unregistred.

So there are enough weapons around the gov. will never know about.

That’s all well and good. However as we’ve seen in Comyfornia and New Orleans MOST will just give them up. But then this country was won through the sacrifice of only 3% of The People. I just wonder if we still have 3% with enough courage should the government decide to make slaves of us. Do I worry about this every day? Yes! The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and freedom is not free.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. [Patrick Henry]

"Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." (John Quincy Adams)

mj9mm
05-03-2012, 15:11

nothing to hide? wonder what you will be thinking if they come knocking on your door, just say it can't happen:tongueout: