Have you ever taken a risk a REAL risk? Well, you are about to.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever taken a risk a REAL risk? Well, you are about to..

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 05:17
RISK: n 1: possibility of loss or injury:PERIL.

PLEBISCITE: n 1: plebis scitum Law voted by the comitia,; decree of the common people.

http://www.dennisprager.com/columns.aspx?g=8d3a5960-c3f8-4e66-91a6-4352c5ab07be&url=november_is_a_plebiscite_on_the_american_revolution

If Americans re-elect the Democrat, Barack Obama, they will have announced that America should be like Western European countries -- governed by left-wing values. Americans will have decided that America's value system -- "Liberty," "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum" -- should be replaced.

The election in November is therefore a plebiscite on the American Revolution. The usual description of presidential elections -- "the most important in our lifetime" -- is true this time. In fact, it may be the most important election since the Civil War, and possibly since America's founding.

Ruble Noon
05-02-2012, 05:45
RISK: n 1: possibility of loss or injury:PERIL.

PLEBISCITE: n 1: plebis scitum Law voted by the comitia,; decree of the common people.

http://www.dennisprager.com/columns.aspx?g=8d3a5960-c3f8-4e66-91a6-4352c5ab07be&url=november_is_a_plebiscite_on_the_american_revolution

If Americans re-elect the Democrat, Barack Obama, they will have announced that America should be like Western European countries -- governed by left-wing values. Americans will have decided that America's value system -- "Liberty," "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum" -- should be replaced.

The election in November is therefore a plebiscite on the American Revolution. The usual description of presidential elections -- "the most important in our lifetime" -- is true this time. In fact, it may be the most important election since the Civil War, and possibly since America's founding.

I have to disagree. 2008 was the most important election in our lifetime. We screwed it up and there is no correcting it.

aircarver
05-02-2012, 05:49
I have to disagree. 2008 was the most important election in our lifetime. We screwed it up and there is no correcting it.

'We" didn't screw it up.... The Visigoths overran civilization ...:frown:

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 05:51

Yeah, well, perhaps. However, it's a bit late for 2008 and that cannot be said about 2012.... not yet.

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 05:53
'We" didn't screw it up.... The Visigoths overran civilization ...:frown:

Aptly put. :thumbsup:

The scary masses of emotion-driven voters was overwhelming; plus there was that McCain thing.

walt cowan
05-02-2012, 06:07

The scary masses of emotion-driven voters was overwhelming; plus there was that McCain thing.

and they will make it to the camps first.

HexHead
05-02-2012, 06:51
America can't be fixed at the ballot box any longer.

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 06:55

Ominous.

You may be right, but I hope you're wrong.

Skyhook
05-02-2012, 06:57
and they will make it to the camps first.

Yes.

Then what, eh?

HexHead has me seriously wondering about the consequences of another Obama win in Nov 2012. :alex:

Cavalry Doc
05-02-2012, 07:07
Short answer to the OP title, Yes, more than once.

DonGlock26
05-02-2012, 07:35
Yes, and November will be a biggy.

_

TX expat
05-02-2012, 07:37
I thought buying a Gen 4 was a real risk...

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 09:57
If you ask me, this election IS 2008 all over again.

We knew...and know who Obama is and what he would do and what he has done.

The GOP is still not serious about winning or leading a damn thing and has tossed up another mushy moderate that nobody is excited about and that the left will have a very easy time, tearing down and defeating.

Other than the higher unemployment rate and 4 buck a gallon gas...what has changed from 2008 to today?

Not a damn thing.

You are correct, America can no longer be rescued at the ballot box.

- brickboy240

certifiedfunds
05-02-2012, 12:52

Everything Obama has done is fixable.

Problem is I have zero confidence that the republicans will do it.

brickboy240
05-02-2012, 13:02
Yes, but "fixing" what Obama (...and Bush) have done will take ending the gravy train for many people and there is nobody in DC that wants to make that call.

Nobody wants to actually BE the bad guy on that...and I bet most of them know it has to be done if America is to ever recover.

...so where do we go from here?

Four more years of Obama and we might not be able to recover. Those 4 years give him time to re-stack the Supreme Court into a 5-4 left leaning court for a very long time. There is not a large enough of hardline conservatives behind him that can un-do this.

Scary times...they are coming.
- brickboy240

frank4570
05-02-2012, 13:56
It's already too late. Americans have been manipulated into believing nonsense. And the govt has created a base of paid voters. There is no way in hell they will vote out the people who give them a monthly check, no way.
This is what has been going on while people have been fighting about stuff like gay rights or prayer in school.

Yes, but "fixing" what Obama (...and Bush) have done will take ending the gravy train for many people and there is nobody in DC that wants to make that call.

Nobody wants to actually BE the bad guy on that...and I bet most of them know it has to be done if America is to ever recover.

...so where do we go from here?

Four more years of Obama and we might not be able to recover. Those 4 years give him time to re-stack the Supreme Court into a 5-4 left leaning court for a very long time. There is not a large enough of hardline conservatives behind him that can un-do this.

Scary times...they are coming.
- brickboy240

Glocksanity
05-03-2012, 11:56

Diebold and electronic balloting screwed it up. So did the media.

We haven't had a free election in decades. Don't kid yourself. We have but the illusion of free elections. Your vote does not matter one way or the other. Simple as that.

Skyhook
05-03-2012, 14:11
Diebold and electronic balloting screwed it up. So did the media.

We haven't had a free election in decades. Don't kid yourself. We have but the illusion of free elections. Your vote does not matter one way or the other. Simple as that.

Well :alex: you have just disenfranchised the entire population!

LASTRESORT20
05-03-2012, 14:29
Yes, and November will be a biggy.

_

This ^^^

Glocksanity
05-03-2012, 15:45
Well :alex: you have just disenfranchised the entire population!

Exactly. And none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

frank4570
05-03-2012, 15:47
This will be the most important election ever.

Again.

Dexters
05-03-2012, 16:24

+1

The big decisions have been made. Now we have to live with them.
Social Security
War on Poverty
Medicare
Medicade
Prescription drug plan
Obamacare
Wars

There are more takers and they vote.

15T in debt and counting.

We will follow Europe - next VAT or national sales tax in about 8-10 years.

After that, in another 20-30 years we will be like England/Greece.

Ruble Noon
05-03-2012, 16:37
+1

The big decisions have been made. Now we have to live with them.
Social Security
War on Poverty
Medicare
Medicade
Prescription drug plan
Obamacare
Wars

There are more takers and they vote.

15T in debt and counting.

We will follow Europe - next VAT or national sales tax in about 8-10 years.

After that, in another 20-30 years we will be like England/Greece.

If not sooner. Ryan's budget plan contains a BAT (business assessed) tax.

Glocksanity
05-03-2012, 16:39
Oh yeah. Romney is going to make everything okay. Cool. Wow. Yeah. Right on.

Thanks for the heads up on Obama. Whew.

beforeobamabans
05-04-2012, 07:15

The scary masses of emotion-driven voters was overwhelming
Practicing for the One-World Anti-Christ.

This is why I don't get too excited about the electoral results produced by the American Sheeple. Fortunately, in the longrun, they are not in control.

Vic777
05-04-2012, 08:14
In fact, it may be the most important election since the Civil War, and possibly since America's founding.If Obama is re-elected it is the end of America, pure and simple. It will just be proof that America is over. It will prove that America is already Dead. It will be the total end folks, no do overs! The natural order is that the masses should be the slaves of the Government Elites, America was just a pleasant fluke for those who lived under the influence of Thomas Jefferson et al. Freedom only goes to the Strong, Americans are weak. A Nation which elects an Obama does not deserve to be Free. And wont be. It's just simple Darwinism on display.