Ron Paul's delegate strategy is perfectly legitimate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's delegate strategy is perfectly legitimate

G19G20
05-04-2012, 01:46
This WashTimes item lays it out as well as possible. Great piece. I hope Paulites refer to this long and detailed write-up the next time they're challenged about how delegate wins are "cheating" or "backdoor" or whatever.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/may/3/ron-paul-delegate-strategy-perfectly-legitimate/

Since it's got serious copyright warnings I won't post any contents here...been warned about that before. Read it.

CAcop
05-04-2012, 04:58
So it sounds like his stratey is to negate the votes cast by voters by appealing to delgates directly.

When are Ron Paul fans going to give it up?

When he dies are you going to switch to Rand Paul?

Does Rand Paul have any kids?

eracer
05-04-2012, 05:17
So it sounds like his stratey is to negate the votes cast by voters by appealing to delgates directly.

When he dies are you going to switch to Rand Paul?

Does Rand Paul have any kids?So, trying to win is wrong?

What are you, a communist?:tongueout:

Goaltender66
05-04-2012, 05:29
Paul's delegate strategery is akin to burning incense on the convention floor and chanting to the god Ssabmud to deliver the nomination to them.

The problem with Ronulans and stuff like this isn't that they are stupid...they aren't...but that they think everyone else is.

Fed Five Oh
05-04-2012, 05:33
Absolutely rontarded.

Cavalry Doc
05-04-2012, 05:47
Kinda depends on your definition of "Legitimate".

I view it as an attempt to sneak into the bank in the middle of the night through an unlocked back door.

But if the rules say he can do it, he can try. Anything can happen, but I'm thinking this is going to be about as effective as the "Shadow Convention" was the last time. I remember reading Paul supporters stating that they could just nominate him at the shadow convention, and disrupt the actual convention, and Paul would be the nominee.

Oh well, :yawn: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/345/d/0/d00e5a1c6cbcbb43.gif http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/198/c/c/__Yawn___by_Tifa22.gifhttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/262/1/1/_yawn__Revamp_by_Caeser1993.gifwe'll see, but if I had to bet the title to my truck, I'd place my bets with Romney at the moment. Not a good situation, not the one I hoped for, but that's the direction we are going in. Paul guys need to prepare themselves for another disappointment.

JBnTX
05-04-2012, 07:11
Ron Paul's so called "delegate strategy" may be legal, but he is in essence giving the finger to the republican party and the American voter.

The American voter has rejected Ron Paul and all that he stands for.

It's time for him to take his toys and go home.

ChuteTheMall
05-04-2012, 07:14
Ron Paul will not be nominated, and when his Paulistinians continue to sputter in their little fantasy world, they just look more and more pathetic.

Thank God these crazy people will never get elected.

JBnTX
05-04-2012, 07:14
So, trying to win is wrong?

What are you, a communist?:tongueout:

Trying to win after you've already lost is what is communist.

Is Ron Paul now showing his true Anarchist colors?

I think one president trying to destroy America is enough.
Ron Paul should drop out of the race today.

barbedwiresmile
05-04-2012, 07:26
...he is in essence giving the finger to the republican party and the American voter.

Somebody has to...

barbedwiresmile
05-04-2012, 07:28
Ron Paul will not be nominated.

That is true.

JBnTX
05-04-2012, 07:46
Somebody has to...

So, you think somebody needs to give the finger to the American voter?

The right to vote is what made this country the greatest and freest country on this planet.

...and you think it needs to be given the finger.

You anti-American anarchist Ron Paul supporters are showing your true colors more and more each day.

:steamed:

barbedwiresmile
05-04-2012, 08:01

The right to vote is what made this country the greatest and freest country on this planet.

You anti-American anarchist Ron Paul supporters are showing your true colors more and more each day.

Do I? Absolutely. The American voter has consistently voted to empower this state to expand beyond original intent, borrow far more money than can ever be repaid, enact confiscatory taxation regimes, and launch countless assaults on my liberty by stepping into nearly every facet of my life from what I can ingest, to where I can use the phone, to what type of 2nd amendment privilege I may enjoy. Yes, I would love to give a giant one-fingered salute to the modern American voter - a population towards which history will not be kind. The modern American voter: stuffed with chemicals and corn derivatives, voting to regulate each other into statist hell, and tax each other into poverty by destroying, through their willful vote and functional ignorance, what was once the greatest country in history. The American voter who has CHOSEN -- chosen, mind you - to create and continually grow the largest and most expensive government in the history of humanity. The American voter who smiles like a simpleton as they line up to walk through irradiation chambers at airports, the American voter who blasts Obamacare one day and votes for Romney the next, the American voter who.... WTH, never mind.

Those are my true colors and, presumably, the colors of any sentient American left out there.

JBnTX
05-04-2012, 08:09
Do I? Absolutely. The American voter has consistently voted to empower this state to expand beyond original intent, borrow far more money than can ever be repaid, enact confiscatory taxation regimes, and launch countless assaults on my liberty by stepping into nearly every facet of my life from what I can ingest, to where I can use the phone, to what type of 2nd amendment privilege I may enjoy. Yes, I would love to give a giant one-fingered salute to the modern American voter - a population towards which history will not be kind. The modern American voter: stuffed with chemicals and corn derivatives, voting to regulate each other into statist hell, and tax each other into poverty by destroying, through their willful vote and functional ignorance, what was once the greatest country in history. The American voter who has CHOSEN -- chosen, mind you - to create and continually grow the largest and most expensive government in the history of humanity. The American voter who smiles like a simpleton as they line up to walk through irradiation chambers at airports, the American voter who blasts Obamacare one day and votes for Romney the next, the American voter who.... WTH, never mind.

Those are my true colors and, presumably, the colors of any sentient American left out there.

Why do you continue to live in such a terrible place?
The exits from this country are numerous and well marked.

Just pick one, and don't let the gate hit you in....

barbedwiresmile
05-04-2012, 08:11
Why do you continue to live in such a terrible place?
The exits from this country are numerous and well marked.

Just pick one, and don't let the gate hit you in....

First because I was born here. Its my country and my land, not some kleptocrat or bureaucrat in Washington. Secondly because I want to stick around to watch guys like you get swallowed up by the state you created.

ricklee4570
05-04-2012, 08:13
So if you are a voter (and I presume you are) then in essence you are giving yourself the finger!

lancesorbenson
05-04-2012, 08:24

This isn't the general election. This is the party system to nominate a candidate, the rules for which were set up by the parties themselves. Don't blame Ron Paul supporters for knowing the rules and using them to their advantage. I certainly wouldn't blame Romney supporters for trying to organize and get delegates in states where he didn't win the meaningless straw poll. Then again, I've never actually met a Romney supporter.

Woofie
05-04-2012, 08:58
This isn't the general election. This is the party system to nominate a candidate, the rules for which were set up by the parties themselves. Don't blame Ron Paul supporters for knowing the rules and using them to their advantage. I certainly wouldn't blame Romney supporters for trying to organize and get delegates in states where he didn't win the meaningless straw poll. Then again, I've never actually met a Romney supporter.

I have. He's actually fairly intelligent, but when it comes to modern American politics he catches that same mental illness that affects those with Obamania.

RCP
05-04-2012, 11:10

Look no farther than North Dakota where Romney did just that.

JBnTX
05-04-2012, 11:40

Do you actually think Ron Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination?

Ruble Noon
05-04-2012, 15:33
Ron Paul will not be nominated, and when his Paulistinians continue to sputter in their little fantasy world, they just look more and more pathetic.

Thank God these crazy people will never get elected.

The crazy people are the ones that will be voting for the Government Sachs candidate and expecting things to change.

Ruble Noon
05-04-2012, 15:34

Good post.

lancesorbenson
05-04-2012, 16:33
Do you actually think Ron Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination?

Not really. But it's not over until the votes are counted in Tampa. Since a history of being pro-choice, anti-gun, and pro healthcare mandate isn't enough for Republicans I think it will take some kind of crazy sex scandal for them to rebuff the Yankee progressive in the magic underwear.

G19G20
05-05-2012, 02:50

Big Bang Boom! I feel like a nut when I surveyed all the lines at the airport and was probably one of few that saw which lanes the nudie scanners were used and which weren't. And then went to the weren't lanes and didn't have myself splayed across some perv's HD tv that I paid for with tax revenue.

beforeobamabans
05-05-2012, 03:26

As Ron Paul himself so eloquently put it, "once they get it, they don't go back."

beforeobamabans
05-05-2012, 03:32

I'm impressed with your continuing willingness to try to educate the unteachable.

JBnTX
05-05-2012, 06:04
I'm impressed with your continuing willingness to try to educate the unteachable.

Then stand over there with the rest of them.:rofl:

beforeobamabans
05-05-2012, 06:26
Then stand over there with the rest of them.:rofl:

I've been standing with them from the start. You remember, back when you were with Cain, and then Perry, and then Newt and now you're a Romney cheerleader. You're just floating with the tide, aren't you? No moorings, no bedrock principles, just a cheerleader for your favorite team. It's just another sport to you, isn't it? Just another game. Keep jumping bandwagons until you end up on the winners. Well done.

G29Reload
05-05-2012, 07:42
The writer seems to misunderstand a few things.

Some even suggest that his delegate success in states where he did not win the popular vote may even (gasp!) “undermine democracy.”

It does contravene the will of the people. The election is held for a reason. Trying something in the background out of the people's reach is underhanded.

Undermining democracy would be a good thing. If there is anything we have too much of in 21st century America; it’s democracy. The United States flourished as a free and prosperous society largely because it was founded as a republic. The reason for the bicameral legislature, the separation of powers, and the other so-called “checks and balances” was to protect us from democracy,

The problem with this is, it refers to actual governance by an established body. An election is about getting TO government, the selection to even be in it, not the actual administration of governance that the quote is referring to.

Its one thing to say that we can't run the government by plebiscite, voting on every last thing…(who wants to pay taxes? All in favor raise your hand! The neighs have it! no more taxes! …the government then collapses.)

The one essential form of democracy is we the people, directly do get to choose our leaders…and when we've all agreed in the majority who will serve that best, then fine, we want them to handle the decisions for us. But this writer walks the dog backwards just a little too far in his intellectual dishonesty, or more likely, his misunderstanding of how government and elections actually work.

Cavalry Doc
05-05-2012, 08:21
The writer seems to misunderstand a few things.

It does contravene the will of the people. The election is held for a reason. Trying something in the background out of the people's reach is underhanded.

The problem with this is, it refers to actual governance by an established body. An election is about getting TO government, the selection to even be in it, not the actual administration of governance that the quote is referring to.

Its one thing to say that we can't run the government by plebiscite, voting on every last thing…(who wants to pay taxes? All in favor raise your hand! The neighs have it! no more taxes! …the government then collapses.)

The one essential form of democracy is we the people, directly do get to choose our leaders…and when we've all agreed in the majority who will serve that best, then fine, we want them to handle the decisions for us. But this writer walks the dog backwards just a little too far in his intellectual dishonesty, or more likely, his misunderstanding of how government and elections actually work.

The basis for his position is that he and his like minded ron paul supporters are smarter and better educated than everyone else. Considering some of paul's wackier statements, that's not necessarily true.

Anyway, when this falls a bit short, we'll have to go forward from there. Then the call for Paul to run third party will reach a fever pitch. He probably will.

The only thing I can guarantee is that we are about to watch an interesting election process.

QNman
05-05-2012, 08:41
The basis for his position is that he and his like minded ron paul supporters are smarter and better educated than everyone else. Considering some of paul's wackier statements, that's not necessarily true.

Anyway, when this falls a bit short, we'll have to go forward from there. Then the call for Paul to run third party will reach a fever pitch. He probably will.

The only thing I can guarantee is that we are about to watch an interesting election process.

This.

If Paul can pull this off, good for him. If he can pull this off, he'll get my vote in November. Hell, I'll be happier to vote for him than Romney, if he's on the GOP ticket.

That said, I'd say there's a slightly better chance of the Taliban electing Hillary as their new leader.

The question I will pose back to Paul supporters who expect all Republicans, even those who helped get Romney at the leader position, to vote for Paul if he pulls this off - if Paul fails, and Romney is the nominee, will you support him, or will you move for another failed 3p run?

JBnTX
05-05-2012, 08:51
The question I will pose back to Paul supporters who expect all Republicans, even those who helped get Romney at the leader position, to vote for Paul if he pulls this off - if Paul fails, and Romney is the nominee, will you support him, or will you move for another failed 3p run?

Ron Paul and his supporters have nothing but contempt and loathing for the republican party and republicans. All because the republican voters have rejected their lord and savior, Ron Paul.

Ron Paul will NEVER support or endorse the republican nominee,
unless he gets something substantial for it.

Ron Paul supporters have already stated they will never vote
for Romney and will either stay home or vote for Obama.

A third party run by Ron Paul is a direct threat to Romney's success.

Cavalry Doc
05-05-2012, 10:10
This.

If Paul can pull this off, good for him. If he can pull this off, he'll get my vote in November. Hell, I'll be happier to vote for him than Romney, if he's on the GOP ticket.

That said, I'd say there's a slightly better chance of the Taliban electing Hillary as their new leader.

OK, I'll make a prediction here. I guarantee if Paul does not get the republican nomination, that someone will post here that Romney and/or the RNC cheated so he had to run third party, or endorse a third party candidate. Then once the election is over, there will be another back door attempt to get Paul guys into the electoral college. Someone here will claim that is a legitimate and successful strategy. You have to admit, they are a tenuous group.

They came up short, that's all. Not a bad thing, the nomination process screwed all of the conservatives this time around. We are going to have to choose between a Liberal and a Socialist in a close race for the win, with a libertarian in a distant third. But look on the bright side, he will probably get more votes than some of the other candidates.

Stewart Alexander
Roger Gary
RJ Harris
Gary Johnson
Fred Karger
Kathyern Lane
Andy Martin
Jimmy McMillan
Tom Miller
Carl Person
Buddy Roemer
Matt Snyder
Randall Terry
Danny Woodring
R. Lee Wrights
Vern Wuensche
Michele Bachmann
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Jon Huntsman
Thad McCotter
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum

Just noticing something. Paul got tons more air time than a lot of those people.

beforeobamabans
05-05-2012, 10:24
Ron Paul and his supporters have nothing but contempt and loathing for the republican party and republicans. All because the republican voters have rejected their lord and savior, Ron Paul.

Ron Paul will NEVER support or endorse the republican nominee,
unless he gets something substantial for it.

Ron Paul supporters have already stated they will never vote
for Romney and will either stay home or vote for Obama.

A third party run by Ron Paul is a direct threat to Romney's success.

Once again, your generalizations are errant hyperbole attempting only to inflame the passions of RP supporters so you can then criticize them for aggressive responses. I for one have never made any such proclamations as you attribute to all Ron Paul supporters. Your comments would be like me stating that all Texans are ignorant blowhards just because you post your nonsense.

eracer
05-05-2012, 10:26
Do you actually think Ron Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination?Are there more statist sheeple than libertarian constitutionalists in this country?

Cavalry Doc
05-05-2012, 10:32
Are there more statist sheeple than libertarian constitutionalists in this country?

Once again, your generalizations are errant hyperbole attempting only to inflame the passions of non-RP supporters so you can then criticize them for aggressive responses.

Disclosure, that was "borrowed". Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. :supergrin:

walt cowan
05-05-2012, 15:19
under the rnc convention rule #38, delegates can not be bound or forced to vote as a unit. so, if any of you mitten fans think he'll win on the first convention ballot due to bound delegates...ain't gonna happen.:yawn:

Goaltender66
05-05-2012, 16:06
under the rnc convention rule #38, delegates can not be bound or forced to vote as a unit. so, if any of you mitten fans think he'll win on the first convention ballot due to bound delegates...ain't gonna happen.:yawn:

Since each state has 3 unbound at-large delegates, the unit rule becomes irrelevant since no state's delegation is being forced to vote as a unit.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

QNman
05-05-2012, 16:10
OK, I'll make a prediction here. I guarantee if Paul does not get the republican nomination, that someone will post here that Romney and/or the RNC cheated so he had to run third party, or endorse a third party candidate. Then once the election is over, there will be another back door attempt to get Paul guys into the electoral college. Someone here will claim that is a legitimate and successful strategy. You have to admit, they are a tenuous group.

They came up short, that's all. Not a bad thing, the nomination process screwed all of the conservatives this time around. We are going to have to choose between a Liberal and a Socialist in a close race for the win, with a libertarian in a distant third. But look on the bright side, he will probably get more votes than some of the other candidates.

Stewart Alexander
Roger Gary
RJ Harris
Gary Johnson
Fred Karger
Kathyern Lane
Andy Martin
Jimmy McMillan
Tom Miller
Carl Person
Buddy Roemer
Matt Snyder
Randall Terry
Danny Woodring
R. Lee Wrights
Vern Wuensche
Michele Bachmann
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Jon Huntsman
Thad McCotter
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum

Just noticing something. Paul got tons more air time than a lot of those people.

I will predict he will get less than the original RP (Ross Perot) got in '96. Probably by a lot. Just as he did in 2008.

Faith is a good thing - to a point. At some point faith becomes more like a cult.

QNman
05-05-2012, 16:12
Since each state has 3 unbound at-large delegates, the unit rule becomes irrelevant since no state's delegation is being forced to vote as a unit.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Since Paul lost the delegate count handily, and since he would have to convince the real GOP faithful - the delegates - to abandon their own electorate.... This whole conversation is nearly pointless.

ChuteTheMall
09-02-2012, 19:37
Big Bang Boom! I feel like a nut when I surveyed all the lines at the airport and was probably one of few that saw which lanes the nudie scanners were used and which weren't. And then went to the weren't lanes and didn't have myself splayed across some perv's HD tv that I paid for with tax revenue.

Maybe you aren't all that cute.:rofl:

Fed Five Oh
09-02-2012, 20:21
under the rnc convention rule #38, delegates can not be bound or forced to vote as a unit. so, if any of you mitten fans think he'll win on the first convention ballot due to bound delegates...ain't gonna happen.:yawn:How did that work out for you Nostradamus?

jakebrake
09-03-2012, 06:51
how did alice cooper word it?

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey Stoopid!

ChuteTheMall
09-04-2012, 22:30
Ron Paul was not trusted to speak at the RNC convention because he refused to endorse the RNC nominee against Obama.

Most obvious RINO ever.

G19G20
09-05-2012, 15:21
How did that work out for you Nostradamus?

The RNC ignoring it's own rules to force a predetermined outcome on the convention? Naaaa....the party has integrity and would never do that. :whistling:

Expecting the power elite to follow it's own rules doesn't work out too well in practice. But they don't care since they win regardless of which establishment backed nominee wins the WH.

jakebrake
09-05-2012, 15:38
http://www.my-frontporch.com/?p=64

QNman
09-05-2012, 16:38
The RNC ignoring it's own rules to force a predetermined outcome on the convention? Naaaa....the party has integrity and would never do that. :whistling:

Expecting the power elite to follow it's own rules doesn't work out too well in practice. But they don't care since they win regardless of which establishment backed nominee wins the WH.

:chatter:
:panties:
[/thread]