Richard Venola arrested for murder! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Richard Venola arrested for murder!

Indy_Guy_77
05-04-2012, 08:39
That name ring any bells? It should!

Former editor for Guns & Ammo...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/05/03/20120503gun-magazine-editor-arrested-killing-friend.html

Baba Louie
05-04-2012, 08:47
Saw this yesterday... and wondered about it.

from the linked article
Venola and O'Neill had been drinking, but detectives say they don't know yet what led to the shooting.

Rifle round to chest? hmmm. Some kinda drinkin' buddy huh?

Haven't read G&A for years for some reason (too much GT time I suppose)

Mushinto
05-04-2012, 09:14
Wow.

He did the gun tests with the white lab coat on Guns and Ammo TV.

Bren
05-04-2012, 09:25
But..but..."Venola declined to speak with detectives until he had a lawyer present." Wasn't that supposed to keep him from being arrested?:rofl:

Nope - all that means is that the police were left with physical evidence that he killed somebody and he failed to assert any justified reason for it.

tongix
05-04-2012, 09:44
Wow, unbelievable this happened of all personalitites. Its like a dream come true. Venola is a gun guy in and out. Fortier , his partner , is a good shooter. Both have been training hard for this event. Their old buddy , Boddington, must be arranging lawyers right now.
Again, what a sad story when one of the gun industry's famous name is involved.

G36's Rule
05-04-2012, 10:03
Wow, unbelievable this happened of all personalitites. Its like a dream come true. Venola is a gun guy in and out. Fortier , his partner , is a good shooter. Both have been training hard for this event. Their old buddy , Boddington, must be arranging lawyers right now.

Umm, WTF?

RustyShackelford
05-04-2012, 10:10
I wonder what gun and ammo was used.

/something Springfield Armory, no doubt

tongix
05-04-2012, 10:20
David is a good guy

The Big 3 Event hosted by David Fortier - YouTube

IndianaMatt
05-04-2012, 10:31
It was probably a 9mm vs. .40 short and weak caliber war that got out of hand...

tongix
05-04-2012, 10:35
A former Marine will always be a Marine.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/05/03/guns-ammos-12th-former-editor-richard-venola/

Bilbo Bagins
05-04-2012, 11:26
It would have been more ironic if he didn't use a gun.

"Hmmm, 1911, Browning Hi Power, Remington 700...nahhh let me just use this kitchen knife."

Dennis in MA
05-04-2012, 11:42
John Conner could not be reached as he was either in an unnamed African country doing unnamed African things or holed up in a hospital after doing said things in the said place. Or he was whining like a little girl to pander to his audience.

John Taffin told this reporter to check with Skeeter, Bill Keith or officer Bill Jordan for more details.

itstime
05-04-2012, 11:50
Odd to say the Least. Will have to follow this story.

mytimeon69
05-04-2012, 13:14
Wow!
He writes the last page in G&A just read the last Issue, he was writing about metal range targets getting banged up.

Nemesis.
05-04-2012, 13:55
Its like a dream come true.

what a sad story

You don't make sense.

eracer
05-04-2012, 14:03
Again, what a sad story when one of the gun industry's famous name is involved.Did you mean "Nightmare come true"?

NeverMore1701
05-04-2012, 14:06
You don't make sense.

Did you mean "Nightmare come true"?

Just ignore the semi-literate, the rest of us do.

Jason D
05-04-2012, 17:30
David is a good guy

The Big 3 Event hosted by David Fortier - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwUI-uIl-cw)

For a feminine hygiene nozzle.

Mushinto
05-04-2012, 19:18
Umm, WTF?

Consider the source.

sourdough44
05-04-2012, 19:50
This is pretty crazy.

TBO
05-04-2012, 19:54
He was a law abiding gun owning citizen up until he wasn't.

MakeMineA10mm
10-19-2012, 22:08
Somehow, I just caught wind of this story. (Yeah, I'm often the last to know...)

I've read posts about it at two gun forums and after a google search, a lot of news forums, and the thing that strikes me strongest is the lack of pointing out the real evil here: alcohol.

I know we've tried prohibition and it didn't work, but it doesn't change the fact that bad things happen when people over-indulge. I quit drinking over 20 years ago, and am very happy I did. I still have a few friends that drink, but soon after they start, I depart. I just don't see any good/attraction from getting intoxicated (alcohol or drugs). If one's life is so unmeaningful that this is one's goal/ultimate state of existence, get a clue. If one is self-medicating emotional pain, get help. If you have self control and do not over-indulge, fantastic. You're someone who can ignore my rant. Unfortunately Mr. Venola (and the guy who waa killed) sound like the sorts who could not (or would not) control their consumption.

This sounds like it was very predictable. Everyone will be a victim in the end in this case, I'm afraid...

caponec2
10-19-2012, 22:26
Semper Kill

Ragnar
10-19-2012, 22:29

You assume he's guilty. Do you know more than the article says?

Kalmah
10-19-2012, 22:52
Guess I didn't get the memo. First of I'm hearing of it.

I always enjoyed his column on the last page of G&A. Then other writers just abruptly started appearing there, and I wondered what happened to Venola. This would certainly explain it.

Vince49
10-19-2012, 23:01
Yes alcohol can be deadly but the aggregate effect is largely offset by the pregnancies it causes.

Cali-Glock
10-19-2012, 23:12
Sad

Guns and alcohol do not mix.

Sam Spade
10-20-2012, 05:57
You assume he's guilty. Do you know more than the article says?

Are you suggesting that some other guy did it? Or that there was a justification for whacking the dead dude?

MakeMineA10mm
10-20-2012, 09:35
Yes alcohol can be deadly but the aggregate effect is largely offset by the pregnancies it causes.

True, and I had considered that, but usually that system of reproduction doesn't work well for those involved or society, either, so again, no pro-social benefit...
:supergrin:

Ragnar
10-20-2012, 09:37
Are you suggesting that some other guy did it? Or that there was a justification for whacking the dead dude?

No, I'm suggesting that we don't know all the facts.

Mushinto
10-20-2012, 15:02
Another Right Wing Murder in Arizona (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/04/1088811/-Another-Right-Wing-Murder-in-Arizona)

I guess the left wing murders don't even make the news.

NEOH212
10-20-2012, 15:22

Guilty until proven innocent huh?

So much for Due Process and Constitutional rights. :faint:

ray9898
10-20-2012, 16:07
No, I'm suggesting that we don't know all the facts.

My God...when has then been a factor in here?

TBO
10-20-2012, 18:55
My God...when has then been a factor in here?

It appears to be very situational.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

Jason D
10-20-2012, 19:02
As far as I know. There has not been a peep on this since it broke all those months ago.
Is there anyone out there that knows the true story?

DanaT
10-20-2012, 19:25
It appears to be very situational.

I know. It is so situational. If an LEO is accused of something/shoots someone/ect we are supposed to wait for all information...when its not an LEO...fry 'em.

Is this the "situational" that refereed to?

wlkjr
10-20-2012, 19:44
He's still appearing on TV.

Sam Spade
10-20-2012, 20:27

So is Lucille Ball.

nmk
10-20-2012, 20:35

So is Lucille Ball.

:rofl:

norton
10-21-2012, 09:07
I read his reaction to a letter to the editor Mr V wrote about the M-16 platform. I figured he was an arrogant jerk.
Guess this proves it.

Kingarthurhk
10-21-2012, 18:20
Guilty until proven innocent huh?

So much for Due Process and Constitutional rights. :faint:

I suppose that would be true if it were not a silly internet forum and actually a court of law.

MakeMineA10mm
10-23-2012, 18:12
As far as I know. There has not been a peep on this since it broke all those months ago.
Is there anyone out there that knows the true story?

Last I could find, Jason, was that a bail reduction motion was denied a couple months ago, so Mr. Venola is apparently still sitting in jail, waiting on his trial.

Jason D
10-24-2012, 16:29
Thanks.

I has checked a while ago and couldn't find anything more. I still see his work pop up in magazines though.

Clutch Cargo
10-25-2012, 03:36
Another Right Wing Murder in Arizona (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/04/1088811/-Another-Right-Wing-Murder-in-Arizona)

I guess the left wing murders don't even make the news.

Naw. the panty-waist left wingers just cut your brake lines. I guess right wingers and Zetas are the only ones worthy of murder investigation news.

lunarspeak
10-25-2012, 03:55
But..but..."Venola declined to speak with detectives until he had a lawyer present." Wasn't that supposed to keep him from being arrested?:rofl:

Nope - all that means is that the police were left with physical evidence that he killed somebody and he failed to assert any justified reason for it.

of course you dont need a lawyer,the police are on our side and would never use what we say against us..:whistling:

Bren
10-25-2012, 05:25
of course you dont need a lawyer,the police are on our side and would never use what we say against us..:whistling:

Some of you have paid so little attention to the law, that you aren't aware that, especially in self-defense, what you don't say can go against you a lot worse, if you are justified.

You can't claim self defense unless you "claim" and, in several states, that is the factor that says whether the police have the right to arrest you or not. Claiming self-defense can shift the burden to the police and prosecutor to disprove justification, but saying nothing allows them complete discretion to arrest you for murder. Once that charge is placed, getting out of it is a lot harder than avoiding it.

Here in KY we've even seen a police officer go to trial for a murder for which he was not guilty - lost everything he had because he decided to "remain silent until he talked to a lawyer" on the day it happened.

However, anybody who learned about law from the internet and TV is welcome to test this theory.

eracer
10-25-2012, 05:44

Umm, WTF?I hate to laugh in a serious thread like this, but yeah...

WTF?! :rofl: