Beretta Nano [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Nano

Glotin
05-04-2012, 23:35
Hi Mas, two questions.

I normally carry a Glock 19, but I really enjoy the flexibility/usefulness of pocket carry in certain situations.

Currently an LCP that fills that role, but I am uncomfortable carrying anything less than 9mm and I don't really like the way the gun shoots.

I had been looking at a Kahr CM9, but what are your thoughts on the Beretta Nano? Would you choose one over the other?

I train using Glocks and really enjoy their form and function and would like to carry something that is very similar.

Also, I just purchased a S&W 638 for my gf (it very well may find itself pulling pocket duty occasionally). I have heard of women carrying in their purse and shooting through them if need be. Other than the obvious problem that a purse can be snatched, do you have any words of wisdom or caution regarding this method of carry/self defense?

Thanks for your time!

Mas Ayoob
05-05-2012, 16:11
You seem to have a good handle on the gun-in-purse thing. It will be critical that she always stay in contact with the purse; they get left in restaurants, restrooms, cars, etc. It should have the gun in a hidden pocket where she can instantly reach it, but a snatcher who grabs it by surprise would have to look hard to find and access the .38.

The Nano I tested ran 100% reliably, was pretty accurate for its size, and due to the design of its recoil spring guide, has stand-off capability. That is, if the good guy has to ram it against the bad guy's body to shoot, it won't go out of battery and fail to fire like so many other autoloaders. Points a little low, though, and while the trigger broke in quickly on mine, it was pretty rough at the beginning.

best,
mas