Little Joe
05-09-2012, 13:29
Dr Arnold Murray Mark of the Beast Shepherdschapel.wmv - YouTube

rgregoryb
05-09-2012, 13:38
http://www.youtube.com/artist/beastie_boys

Vic Hays
05-09-2012, 14:01
Dr Arnold Murray Mark of the Beast Shepherdschapel.wmv - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX4wneSc1SA)

This is fair. I think that the symbols in Revelation need to be defined by the same symbols used elsewhere in the Bible.

The Lion represents Babylon in the Book of Daniel and the Bear represents the dual kingdom of Medo Persia. The winged lion was the symbol put upon many of the bricks of Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon.

Daniel 7:2 Daniel spoke and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove on the great sea.
7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’ wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand on the feet as a man, and a man’ heart was given to it.
7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus to it, Arise, devour much flesh.
7:6 After this I beheld, and see another, like a leopard, which had on the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

You lose your place in history by bringing Russia, Britain and such into the interpretation.

Altaris
05-09-2012, 15:19
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (Live at Ullevi) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eML6X8VfAfY)

This was my first thought as well. Such an awesome song :rock:

Kingarthurhk
05-09-2012, 18:17
7 - 3AM: Mystery, Babylon the Great - Stephen Bohr - YouTube

NH Trucker
05-09-2012, 18:32
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (Live at Ullevi) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eML6X8VfAfY)

:rock:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Kingarthurhk
05-09-2012, 19:16
10 - 3AM: Revelation's Sea Beast - Stephen Bohr - YouTube

fowl intent
05-17-2012, 15:38
What a bizarre bunch of biblical bullhocky.

Kingarthurhk
05-17-2012, 16:44
What a bizarre bunch of biblical bullhocky.

I am guessing it is the biblical part that bothers you?

fowl intent
05-17-2012, 19:25
Well, in a word, yes.

Kingarthurhk
05-17-2012, 19:49
Well, in a word, yes.

Okay, why does the bible bother you?

fowl intent
05-18-2012, 05:58
That is a long story, covering 5+ decades of church membership and participation. I was Chairman of our Board of Deacons 10 years ago. Had an incident in our church that really started me thinking about just what the Bible is. That incident centered around a non-member presenting a Sunday School lesson that was nothing more than a canned DVD on Creationism, produced by the Heritage Foundation.

I generally don't like stepping on anothers toes over their religious beliefs, so I go out of my way not to offend others. But this incident, and her teaching of a 6000 year old earth as "truth" really went against my grain. She asked me, and the other members of our congregation to simply disregard accepted science, science that I was taught in 12 years of public school, and 4 years of college (BA in Chemistry and Biology), and accept her magical explanation of the creation of the world.

Anyway, as a result of many unanswered questions over a long period of time ("you just have to take it on faith" or "you shouldn't be asking those questions" were the common responses) I began to study the historical Bible, as well as the religious teachings of other major religions.

It takes a lot of courage to question what you have been taught, no indoctrinated with, for 50 years. It was also a little scary, because the traces of those teachings (ie burning in hell for eternity) remain. But after I did a lot of reading, and discussion with others who have gone through what I am going through, I have finally gotten to a place where I think I can be objective on this issue. And an objective, rational, reasoned analysis of the issue leads me to believe that while the Bible is a beautiful collection of prose, and that it offers many "truths" in how we should live our lives in relationship to others, even those different from ourselves, it is hardly the word of "God".

When you look at the Bible as a historical document, it is pretty obvious that it was first an amalgum of different religious tracts/teachings that were around in the 4th century. The Council of Nicea, with a very pronounced agenda of cobbling together a religion that would hopefully be acceptable to the masses (trying to appease those who followed Christ's teachings, with the various Gnostic beliefs, pagan beliefs and the remnants of the Roman multi-diest beliefs) picked, chose and edited those writings they thought achieved their agenda, while discarding, ignoring or destroying countless other gospels/tracts. So the initial Bible was the result of a concerted effort to construct a religion that would gain the political end of calming the potentially violent disagreements over differiing religious beliefs of the times. Hard to argue with the fact that there is a lot of pagan symbology in modern Christianity, just do a google search.

Over the years, the original texts of the Bible have been often edited, usually by the priesthood, to reflect changing attitudes and ideas (ie the role of gender in church politics) prevelant at the time. There have been numerous errors in translations, some inentional some not. But it is hard to deny that the Bible has been edited over the centuries by those with an agenda to do so. And the main agenda has been an effort by the priesthood to preserve their role as intermediaries between God and the masses. There has always been an unspoken alliance between the priesthood and the ruling class. The monarchies in Europe often had a "choosen" religion, which was allowed to flourish, pretty much unchecked. Why? Because the religion that was being peddled to the masses taught them to be meek, and to subject themselves to the worldly authorities. Their reward for living a destitute, pitiful existence on earth would be to see things turned upside down for eternity in heaven.

Sorry to have gone on so long. I have to get to work, but you asked for my explanation, and this is a good part of it.

GreenDrake
05-18-2012, 08:08
Well said, fowl.

Brasso
05-18-2012, 08:55
OK. So you just described Christianity.

What has that go to do with the Bible?

Vic Hays
05-18-2012, 09:06
Over the years, the original texts of the Bible have been often edited, usually by the priesthood, to reflect changing attitudes and ideas (ie the role of gender in church politics) prevelant at the time. There have been numerous errors in translations, some inentional some not. But it is hard to deny that the Bible has been edited over the centuries by those with an agenda to do so. And the main agenda has been an effort by the priesthood to preserve their role as intermediaries between God and the masses. There has always been an unspoken alliance between the priesthood and the ruling class. The monarchies in Europe often had a "choosen" religion, which was allowed to flourish, pretty much unchecked. Why? Because the religion that was being peddled to the masses taught them to be meek, and to subject themselves to the worldly authorities. Their reward for living a destitute, pitiful existence on earth would be to see things turned upside down for eternity in heaven.

Sorry to have gone on so long. I have to get to work, but you asked for my explanation, and this is a good part of it.

You are being negative about Christianity because of what people have done in the past and in your past.

What about God? Do you believe that exists and knows you personally?

Do you believed that Jesus died for your sins?

The Bible says that the abuses that you outlined above would happen. Has that abuse destroyed your faith or did you have faith at one time?

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
24:13 But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.
24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations; and then shall the end come.

fowl intent
05-18-2012, 13:19
Do I believe in God? Tough question. Do I beleive in an ethereal being floating off in the heavens, aware of everyone's thoughts and deeds, pulling all the strings on earth like a master puppetteer, granting some peoples prayers while totally disregarding others, allowing innocents to suffer needlessly, while the biggest sinners often prosper and avoid rightfull punishment, proclaiming love for all of his people, yet condemning most of those people to an eternity of hellfire and damnation, then the answer is NO.

Do I believe that there is a creative force, if you will, both in this world and in the universe? That seems to be a likelihood, but in my model, that force expresses itself, at least on this plane of existence, through a process we call evolution. So I guess I am really agnostic, since I acknowledge the possibility of a god, but lack sufficient evidence to be satisfied one way or the other. I know there is certainly something that differentiates a living breathing being from a sack of cells, bone and sinew. Some "force" or "energy" that cannot be defined or measured. Maybe that is "God", the "energy" or "spark" that makes us alive, and joins us with all other living beings/creatures, past and present (and I suppose in the future as well) If you stop and think about it, that "energy" whatever it is, and however it is to be defined, has been passed down genetically from the very first life form that appeared on this planet. That certainly makes us one with the rest of creation, at least on this earth.

Do I believe in Jesus? Another tough question. I have no problem believing in the historical Jesus, although the records are pretty much absent of any reference to Jesus Christ of Nazereth (except of course, in the Bible). The story of Jesus is a wonderful story, but it is not unique among the religions of the past. A number of religions, most of which pre-date both Judaism and Christianity by many centuries had similar stories of a saviour, born to a virgin, who was sacrificed, and rose from the dead. The similarities to these earlier religions are simply to significant for me to dismiss.

My life journey has led me to believe that organized religion, be it Christianity, Hinduism, Buddism, Islam, Judaism whatever, is really just an accident of birth. Where you are born in this world is the greatest indicator of what religion a person is likely to adopt. And lets face it, most of us were indoctrinated at a very young age into the same religion we now practice. It is just human nature.

One of my favorite Bible verses is 1st Corinthians, 13:11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." Well, when I was a child, my parents taught me that there was a bunny rabbit who came around once a year, and left eggs and candy all around the yard. They taught me that when I lost a tooth, if I would put it under my pillow, a fairy would leave me cash. They taught me that there was a fat man dressed in red that would come down my chimney with a bag of toys for me, if I was good. They also taught me that there was a man that had magical powers, that was born of a virgin, and who died, and came back to life, and would come back again to rule the world.

Well, when I became a man, I put the childish ways behind me, at least the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause. I have recently questioned whether I had to put my religion aside as well, and for me, that was the logical thing to do.

Does that mean I am no longer spiritual? I don't think so. I still have a yearning to learn and to find the "truth". Do I think I have found it already? Not by any means. But I do feel like I have taken a big step forward in finding it.

ArtificialGrape
05-18-2012, 14:06
Well done, fowl intent.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Snapper2
05-18-2012, 14:26
One of my favorite Bible verses is 1st Corinthians, 13:11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."

Does that mean I am no longer spiritual? I don't think so. I still have a yearning to learn and to find the "truth". Do I think I have found it already? Not by any means. But I do feel like I have taken a big step forward in finding it.
Since you believe in the spiritual let me ask you what is truth to you, the spiritual or the natural? Your favorite scripture seems to read more like this....when I was a child since I trusted as a child I believed the things I was told. But when I became a man and it was time to make decisions for myself I no longer trusted what I was told but only what I knew naturally. So I put away the child like ability to believe without seeing....... If we are indeed spiritual, why look in depth into the natural world for truth? And why is the creative force that elusive if He can be found naturally?:dunno:

fowl intent
05-18-2012, 15:01
I am not sure we can ever KNOW the "truth". But there is great value in seeking it. In the end, we are all going to die to this world. At that point, we will either have a major epiphany experience, when we realize "hey, there is something after we die" or we will just cease to exist, or at least our conscious mind ceases to exist. I would like to think that "spark" of life leaves the physical body, and joins back with the "creative force" or if you prefer, "God". But then the objective, rational part of me says "when you die, you die".

All I know is, when somebody tells me they have "the answer" or they know the "truth", I know better.

Vic Hays
05-19-2012, 09:08
I am not sure we can ever KNOW the "truth". But there is great value in seeking it. In the end, we are all going to die to this world. At that point, we will either have a major epiphany experience, when we realize "hey, there is something after we die" or we will just cease to exist, or at least our conscious mind ceases to exist. I would like to think that "spark" of life leaves the physical body, and joins back with the "creative force" or if you prefer, "God". But then the objective, rational part of me says "when you die, you die".

All I know is, when somebody tells me they have "the answer" or they know the "truth", I know better.

Being born in a particular faith does not make one a Christian any more than sitting in a chicken house makes one a chicken.

Faith is the denominator. We find from the Bible that faith has two components.

1. Believing that God exists
2. Believing that God cares and listens to us

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

This thread is on the Mark of the Beast. Without faith the Mark of the Beast is the default. The mark in the hand is the acceptance without belief.

Snapper2
05-19-2012, 11:56
Being born in a particular faith does not make one a Christian any more than sitting in a chicken house makes one a chicken.

Faith is the denominator. We find from the Bible that faith has two components.

1. Believing that God exists
2. Believing that God cares and listens to us

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

This thread is on the Mark of the Beast. Without faith the Mark of the Beast is the default. The mark in the hand is the acceptance without belief.
Seeking truth is the way of a man IMO. Adam sought after truth and took it from the tree of knowledge instead of the tree of life. Religion can fall in the same category.Truth is not in the scriptures but only in the One that brings them to life. The same Agent that inspired men to write them has to by faith inspire men to believe them. Any other way is the creation's attempt to be like its Creator.

user
05-26-2012, 15:35
"What have you got in YOUR wallet?"

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 16:06
"What have you got in YOUR wallet?"

A 2 dollar bill, a picture of my kids, a DL, bank card, credit card, health insurance card, NRA membership card, USAA card, and CCL card. Why you wanted to know all that, I am not entirely sure...

FCoulter
05-26-2012, 17:21
A 2 dollar bill, a picture of my kids, a DL, bank card, credit card, health insurance card, NRA membership card, USAA card, and CCL card. Why you wanted to know all that, I am not entirely sure...

You left out your Ellen White for Pres. Card.....lol

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 17:25
You left out your Ellen White for Pres. Card.....lol

You know the difference between you and I? I don't go around callomg myself Ellen White and then copy and paste her material as if I wrote it myself. If we are going to talk about weird cult of personality people, you are the poster child, Fred Coulter, who is not really Fred Coulter.

FCoulter
05-26-2012, 18:11
You know the difference between you and I? I don't go around callomg myself Ellen White and then copy and paste her material as if I wrote it myself. If we are going to talk about weird cult of personality people, you are the poster child, Fred Coulter, who is not really Fred Coulter.

You have your crystal ball out again I see. :wow:

I guess you really wish you were a detective instead of a patrolman. lol

Lets see

You thought juggy was jewish. Great detective work there

You thought bert was a Jesuit Priest

You think I am "Fred"

You really need a promotion.

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 18:43
You have your crystal ball out again I see. :wow:

I guess you really wish you were a detective instead of a patrolman. lol

Lets see

You thought juggy was jewish. Great detective work there

You thought bert was a Jesuit Priest

You think I am "Fred"

You really need a promotion.

LOL. Now that is funny. You have no idea what I do, and I don't feel the need to share it in any depth with you.

Now, that is dispensed with, Bert speaks with the same language as does Creaky with the same ephithets that Jesuits use. I guess that means they have some Jesuit training in their background?

Juggy states that he is not an Atheist, and he proceeded to lecture me about Old Testament Jewish beliefs. That is typically what is called a "clue", which is why I asked rather than assumed.

You going around using Fred Coulter's name, then plagarizing his material is despicable. And, no, I don't think you are Fred, rather a Fredite. Further, I am concerned about your mental state, as you are assumming the identity of a peson you obviously idolize and spreading "his message" as if it were your own.

I am beginning to wonder if you are one step away from, "It puts the lotion on its skin."

FCoulter
05-26-2012, 19:00
LOL. Now that is funny. You have no idea what I do, and I don't feel the need to share it in any depth with you.

Now, that is dispensed with, Bert speaks with the same language as does Creaky with the same ephithets that Jesuits use. I guess that means they have some Jesuit training in their background?

Juggy states that he is not an Atheist, and he proceeded to lecture me about Old Testament Jewish beliefs. That is typically what is called a "clue", which is why I asked rather than assumed.

You going around using Fred Coulter's name, then plagarizing his material is despicable. And, no, I don't think you are Fred, rather a Fredite. Further, I am concerned about your mental state, as you are assumming the identity of a peson you obviously idolize and spreading "his message" as if it were your own.

I am beginning to wonder if you are one step away from, "It puts the lotion on its skin."

Oh bright one show me ONE place where I said I was "Fred"?

My name is FCoulter.

You are really a typical Whitite... Paranoid and a prophet..

Or maybe you are just a recovering alcoholic with alot of hangups.

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 19:06
Oh bright one show me ONE place where I said I was "Fred"?

My name is FCoulter.

You are really a typical Whitite... Paranoid and a prophet..

Or maybe you are just a recovering alcoholic with alot of hangups.

Yeah, that must be it.:upeyes: When you use the same name of the cult of personality of a church you subscribe to, and then post that man's work as if it were your own.

Your homage has gone from weird to disturbing.

FCoulter
05-26-2012, 19:30
Yeah, that must be it.:upeyes: When you use the same name of the cult of personality of a church you subscribe to, and then post that man's work as if it were your own.

Your homage has gone from weird to disturbing.

Just as I thought, you accuse me of being "Fred" then when I ask for proof where I said I was he you cant provide it.
Sir you are quilty of among other things slander, but hey if thats the worse thing a whititian does you are golden.

Go on find someone else to accuse falsely now...and just maybe you will find out peter pan is among us...dear King Arthur....:whistling:

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 20:37
Just as I thought, you accuse me of being "Fred" then when I ask for proof where I said I was he you cant provide it.
Sir you are quilty of among other things slander, but hey if thats the worse thing a whititian does you are golden.

Go on find someone else to accuse falsely now...and just maybe you will find out peter pan is among us...dear King Arthur....:whistling:

Yeah, you are using the name of the "leader of your church" as your online pseudonym and then using his material as if you yourself wrote it, plagarizing away, and you don't see a problem with that? What kind of a wierd church do you belong to where this is considered "normal".

I have been using my online psuedonym since my mid-twenties, probably about the time you were born.