The debate you've all been waiting for Hitchens VS. Craig [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The debate you've all been waiting for Hitchens VS. Craig

Kingarthurhk
05-05-2012, 13:50
Atheist Christopher Hitchens epic failure in debate - YouTube

G23Gen4TX
05-05-2012, 14:17
Two hours? I'll wait until I'm roasting in hell. I'll have time then.

Geko45
05-05-2012, 17:44
Can you give us a time index to this "epic failure"?

Kingarthurhk
05-05-2012, 18:13

Not my title, not my creation. I just got it as is from youtube.

Guss
05-05-2012, 19:34
Indeed.

Count the number of points made and tell us which one was the failure. Hitch may have made an error from time to time, but then, he didn't pretend to speak for God.

Gunhaver
05-05-2012, 20:02
Funny thing about youtube videos, whenever somebody is FOS they disable the like bar so it doesn't look like a red light saber and alert others that the video is crap thereby reducing their number of views. This is especially true of videos where somebody claims that atheists got owned. Go ahead, look at any "atheist nightmare" or "why atheists are wrong" video and you'll see the big red dislike bar.

nmk
05-06-2012, 04:18

Did you not watch the video you posted?

Brucev
05-06-2012, 05:43
Re: OP. Who? Re: Complaints. So what?

Kingarthurhk
05-06-2012, 08:34
Did you not watch the video you posted?

Yeah, I watched the rather salient first salvo, and then decided there wasn't any comming back from that, and went on to other things. Then I thought, I wonder what the Atheist reaction would be. It is pretty much what I expected.

G23Gen4TX
05-06-2012, 09:16
Yeah, I watched the rather salient first salvo, and then decided there wasn't any comming back from that, and went on to other things. Then I thought, I wonder what the Atheist reaction would be. It is pretty much what I expected.

You mean doubt your claim and ask for proof?

Did you also read only the first book of the bible and decided there is no coming back from that?

Kingarthurhk
05-06-2012, 09:25
You mean doubt your claim and ask for proof?

Did you also read only the first book of the bible and decided there is no coming back from that?

LOL, aren't you the same guy who said you had no time at all?

G23Gen4TX
05-06-2012, 09:54
I don't have time for BS. That includes religion and watching a 2 hour video on the Internet which is claimed to have FAIL somewhere in it.

Kingarthurhk
05-06-2012, 10:34
I don't have time for BS. That includes religion and watching a 2 hour video on the Internet which is claimed to have FAIL somewhere in it.

Afraid to see what is in there, and that it might challenge your metaphsyical paradigm?

juggy4711
05-06-2012, 11:29
I've watched this debate before and there is no fail anywhere. Craig rehashes all the standard arguments and Hitchens refutes them likewise.

Woofie
05-06-2012, 11:58
I've watched this debate before and there is no fail anywhere. Craig rehashes all the standard arguments and Hitchens refutes them likewise.

I haven't even made so far to hear Hitchen's first response, but it's obvious that Craig either doesn't understand the Big Bang Theory or is intentionally misrepresenting it.

ETA Apparently he doesn't understand how the burden of proof works, either.

juggy4711
05-06-2012, 12:01
I haven't even made so far to hear Hitchen's first response, but it's obvious that Craig either doesn't understand the Big Bang Theory or is intentionally misrepresenting it.

Yep. Like I said standard does God exist debate. Still fairly entertaining though.

Bren
05-06-2012, 15:47

ETA Apparently he doesn't understand how the burden of proof works, either.

But I can see how that would look impressive to a believer who wants him to be right and doesn't understand science any more than he does.

packsaddle
05-06-2012, 16:29
Not that it matters, but even the atheists said Hitchens got his *** kicked.

From the website Common Sense Atheism:

The debate went exactly as I expected. Craig was flawless and unstoppable. Hitchens was rambling and incoherent, with the occasional rhetorical jab. Frankly, Craig spanked Hitchens like a foolish child.

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=1230

juggy4711
05-06-2012, 21:08
Not that it matters, but even the atheists said Hitchens got his *** kicked.

You're right it doesn't matter and you're wrong that "even atheists" said Hitchens got his *** kicked. That is one atheist's blog and one that seems to have a hard on for Craig's debate style. Craig may be slick but so is Obama, doesn't make either of them correct. At worst I would say Hitchens could have argued more eloquently but it doesn't change the substance of the arguments.

Craig presented the standard "God (the Christian God mind you) must exists because of X" and Hitchens refuted with the standard "that's a load of crap and doesn't prove jack responses"

But nice try. Next you'll tell me Einstein believed in God as if it proved anything.

Animal Mother
05-06-2012, 21:41
Not that it matters, but even the atheists said Hitchens got his *** kicked. you're correct that it doesn't matter.

That's the problem with this kind of engagement, and why Dawkins has refused to participate. Craig is a professional debater, though in this case Hitchens was inexcusably unprepared for the format and nature of Craig's arguments given how frequently they've been detailed previously.

G23Gen4TX
05-07-2012, 01:09
Afraid to see what is in there, and that it might challenge your metaphsyical paradigm?

Did you ever try gay sex?

Why not? Afraid to see what is in there and that it might challange your made up religion?

Well, I feel the same way about religion as you feel about gay sex. I just don't wish all religious people burn in hell. Maybe because I don't believe it exists.

Roering
05-07-2012, 15:14
For the record, I haven't been waiting for it.

Roering
05-07-2012, 15:15

Did you watch it?

Kingarthurhk
05-07-2012, 15:36

Why not? Afraid to see what is in there and that it might challange your made up religion?

Well, I feel the same way about religion as you feel about gay sex. I just don't wish all religious people burn in hell. Maybe because I don't believe it exists.

The strangest proposition I have received. I appreciate your need to offer the invite, but I am very much a heterosexual and have been married for more than 13 years.

Kingarthurhk
05-07-2012, 15:37
For the record, I haven't been waiting for it.

The debate, or G23GEN4TX's offer? LOL

juggy4711
05-07-2012, 17:07
The strangest proposition I have received. I appreciate your need to offer the invite, but I am very much a heterosexual and have been married for more than 13 years.

I realize you consider that some sort of insult but there are folks that don't consider being homosexual a negative trait. No fails in the debate but a huge fail in your comment.

ETA Oh yeah...Obligatory "I'm not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :whistling:

Kingarthurhk
05-07-2012, 17:09
I realize you consider that some sort of insult but there are folks that don't consider being homosexual a negative trait. No fails in the debate but a huge fail in your comment.

ETA Oh yeah...Obligatory "I'm not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :whistling:

There is a huge fail because I am openly heterosexual?:dunno:

Roering
05-07-2012, 17:23
The debate, or G23GEN4TX's offer? LOL

I'd have to see what he looks like.

steveksux
05-07-2012, 19:59

Why not? Afraid to see what is in thereas a matter of fact, I have a pretty good idea what's in there already and have no desire to see it... :tongueout:

Randy

Animal Mother
05-07-2012, 22:44
There is a huge fail because I am openly heterosexual?:dunno:When did you decide to be heterosexual?

G23Gen4TX
05-08-2012, 01:19
Lol. Don't flatter yourself. There was no offer for gay sex. I won't turn gay even for Jesus.

juggy4711
05-08-2012, 16:45
There is a huge fail because I am openly heterosexual?:dunno:

And fail again...

Woofie
05-08-2012, 17:03
Lol. Don't flatter yourself. There was no offer for gay sex. I won't turn gay even for Jesus.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Gay For God - YouTube

Kingarthurhk
05-08-2012, 19:41

Careful now, The Who doesn't appreciate our flagrant heterosexuality.:supergrin:

Kingarthurhk
05-08-2012, 19:42
When did you decide to be heterosexual?

I hadn't realize that I had changed from one thing to another?:dunno:

ArtificialGrape
05-08-2012, 20:02
I won't turn gay even for Jesus.
Well, it could be said that you turned your back to Jesus.

juggy4711
05-08-2012, 20:08
Careful now, The Who doesn't appreciate our flagrant heterosexuality.:supergrin:

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7yUr1xLyztFAKW-FXdS6vlbfMTWLtfrKUEgopIn2XrSDvcfw4Zg

Sarge1400
05-08-2012, 20:13
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7yUr1xLyztFAKW-FXdS6vlbfMTWLtfrKUEgopIn2XrSDvcfw4Zg

I see what you did there.

G23Gen4TX
05-08-2012, 20:20
Well, it could be said that you turned your back to Jesus.

It's a trip I don't want to take but if I ever go down that road Jesus is seating in the passenger seat and I'm driving.

Syclone538
05-08-2012, 21:52
Obtuse-family guy - YouTube

Tilley
05-08-2012, 22:05
I have often heard most atheists are two drinks away from being gay...perhaps that was somewhat exaggerated.:upeyes:

juggy4711
05-08-2012, 22:16
I have often heard most atheists are two drinks away from being gay...perhaps that was somewhat exaggerated.:upeyes:

And I have often heard that folks vehemently opposed to homosexuals might have some issues themselves.

G23Gen4TX
05-08-2012, 22:25
as a matter of fact, I have a pretty good idea what's in there already and have no desire to see it... :tongueout:

Randy

My point exactly. I feel the same about religion.

Tilley
05-08-2012, 22:40
And I have often heard that folks vehemently opposed to homosexuals might have some issues themselves.

Wow...aren't we the sensitive little one.:whistling:

And I have often heard that atheists vehemently opposed to Christians might have some issues themselves...:whistling:

juggy4711
05-08-2012, 22:45
Wow...aren't we the sensitive little one.:whistling:

And I have often heard that atheists vehemently opposed to Christians might have some issues themselves...:whistling:

They could but I would not know. I'm not an atheist.

Animal Mother
05-09-2012, 06:53
I hadn't realize that I had changed from one thing to another?:dunno: Perhaps you should attend ex-hetero therapy so you can change your choice.